tony m // User Search

1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  |

What? Re: ..Imin berlin etc...

Aug 8, 2002, 4:35pm
We OWN flagg OUT thanks?

[View Quote] >We OWN flagg out thanks?

>- Mark

Im back!

Aug 10, 2002, 11:37am
i wonder if you even remember why we have general.discussion...

[View Quote] >Haha! After some time and boredom im back, so deal with it!

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Bug in World Server build 43

Aug 17, 2002, 12:18pm
[View Quote] >ummm, its the amount of objects and special effects which lagg the place,
>not the amount of bytes in a tile..

Why do you keep referring to it as a "tile"? The proper term is "cell"...

cys

Aug 23, 2002, 8:44pm
[View Quote] >Hi everyone:

[View Quote] It has nothing to do with this newsgroup, however.

>Besides, if you READ the post, I believe you would've discovered/noticed
>that the keywords are "Was Just Curious".

Again, it has nothing to do with the newsgroup; you should have therefore switched to private email.

>Geez....Must we be so FORMAL about EVERYTHING???? *sheesh!*

There are some things, such as your post, that don't belong in the NG and obviously belong in private email.

>PC Hamster

cys

Aug 23, 2002, 8:47pm
[View Quote] >If not been able to see my correct email address offends you don't go
>looking in properties. [...]

Your email address doesn't just appear in properties; as above, it appears in replies. My newsreader shows the email address with the username of the poster as well.

Bad News! :-(

Aug 24, 2002, 3:57pm
[View Quote] >[...] When did you come into this discussion anyway?

Since this is a public forum, anybody is free to reply to anybody; there is no sense of "butting into" a discussion. If you don't want people "butting" in, it should have been a private email from the start.

Survey about 3D Chats

Aug 26, 2002, 12:09am
[View Quote] >And have everyone jump down his throat for doing so? :D

>Chris

Who said the post had to be HTML?

hot cloud?

Aug 31, 2002, 12:21pm
[View Quote] >I suggest you get lost from the NG if that is the way you reply to him for no reason when he was just stating facts. It's people like YOU who need to go to hell, for sure!

Newsreaders have filters for a reason.

Alphaworld Object Gallery!

Aug 31, 2002, 4:31pm
[View Quote] >All can be seen in awmegaoy and the many good yards around aw...Can't see why anyone would settle for a jpg when can see the real thing.

Sometimes people won't want to have to switch to another world just to find an object. A website is more handy.

cy nominations out

Aug 31, 2002, 9:27pm
[View Quote] >sorry folks it seems that url will not link. I will post the relevent article:

Works if you turn off word wrapping

http://www.haveman.net/cyawards/forum/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=4&TID=15&SID=3071

Slow Moving Throughout AW

Sep 8, 2002, 2:00pm
[View Quote] >[..] I have a pretty decent computer, it's not new but it's a 233 MHz with a lot of ram. [...]

233MHz is not a decent system, as already stated.

Slow Moving Throughout AW

Sep 9, 2002, 12:03pm
[View Quote] >[...] That is a lindows computer, it can run all windows applications [...]

Lindows uses the same (or at least is based on) code that the WINE emulator for Linux uses-- hence, it really can't run ALL Windows programs. Either way, Lindows seems to be more focused on Linux apps than Windows (at least non-business apps for Windows)
--
Tony M.

Re: [AWNews] Domain Update (was Re: uhhhhh)

Sep 18, 2002, 11:19am
[View Quote] >Which brings us to now. Since I doubt MWD.com is going to be generous
>enough to simply drop the domain, we're in the process of trying to
>decide on a new domain name for AWNews. Possible suggestions include
>domains like aw-news.com and awnews.org. If any of you has a suggestion
>you think would be a) easy to remember, and b) has something to do with
>"AWNews", feel free to post it here and we'll consider it.

"AWNews.org" makes sense to me.

ATTN BRANT.....PK MATTER!!!

Oct 3, 2002, 12:56am
[View Quote] >
>Besides, a porn site on a newsgroup is just that as long as YOU have Net Nanny
>*software* ON YOUR COMPUTER which DOES NOT make it clickable (you DO have "net
>nanny" software, DO YOU?). NOT having it is just as bad as not having
>Anit-Virus software.

Um, no, it isn't. Sorry. Software filters aren't solutions; actual parental guidance is.

NEW AlphaWorld - Could It Be???

Oct 28, 2002, 2:48am
[View Quote] >I did Goober. However I think that as AW improves the browser, the old AW will look more and more outdated and will EVENTUALLY have to be retired. Hopefully by then, most (if not all) of the objects will be migrated in some form over to the New AW, which will be ANYTHING but an experiment.

AlphaWorld was the founding world of ActiveWorlds itself--do you really think they're gunna scrap it?

>The major problem AW will encounter during such a migration process will be builds (and in some cases entire towns) created by people who are no longer citizens, but have yet to make the NAC list. But then too, between AWCC and the AWHS, the builds could be placed under the auspicies of either group.

What migration process? NewAW != AlphaWorld. They're two completely different worlds.

>Alternatively, AW could also award such builds to the cit who owns the nearest adjacent builds and/or sponsor and "Adopt-A-Build" program whereas cits can place their name into the ring to "adopt" or be "awared" such a build much like WebRing does (or claims it does) with site rings which have been abandoned.

>In any case, the build would have to meet a set criteria (or a portion thereof) so that builds owned by cits whose cit expired less than a certain period of time don't wind up losing their builds simply due to credit card problems encountered during the renewal process. In other words, the cit would have to have been expired for SEVERAL MONTHS with no hope of renewal before such a build makes the adoption list.

>An adoption program would not only preserve the build, but also give current cits the ability to improve on them as needed too. :-).

I don't want someone who has been in AW for 5 minutes to take my buildings that took 5 months to do just because I decided AW wasn't my place to be anymore.

LOOK! I can Spam!

Nov 3, 2002, 6:10pm
[View Quote] >*language please* cough *language please*

Put a filter in your newsreader if you can't stand it. (Followup set to email)

The Game now offers live BINGO!

Nov 5, 2002, 10:13pm
[View Quote] >Your getting very close to causing Flaggs inbox to be full...Kindly advertise somewhere else. (Hold a sign up infront of a train)

Kindly flame somewhere else. (Hold a filter up infront of your newsreader)

Close the newsgroups

Nov 5, 2002, 10:11pm
I'm behind the shutdown motion--but I would like to see them reopen in the future though.

[View Quote] >Personally the amount of trouble and allegations in these newsgroups which
>seem to have poping in over the last few weeks I would welcome the
>Newsgroups been totally closed down.
>
>The only information I ever see is the odd thread about something
>interesting, the rest is a set of "I think they did that" or your a bigot
>etc.
>
>What sort of example is this newsgroup showing people that might want to
>join Activeworlds and thought "Hey I read the newgroup to see what the
>members think"
>

>I think aw would now be a better place if these newsgroups closed as it is
>causing grief, upset, and people throwing false allegations.

Stop reindexing!

Nov 8, 2002, 10:03pm
[View Quote] >A simpler solution would be to pester the company who publishes your newsgroup administration software to fix that bug. :) In the mean time, I think we can all live with the reindexing with the solutions presented by Lara and kellee below.

Not all of us are able to configure our newsreaders to do this.

Crazy Newsgroups

Nov 13, 2002, 11:18pm
[View Quote] >Anyone else? E N Z O, have you been reindexing?

I did not download hundreds of threads this round, so it was not a reindex.

Two New Games Available!

Nov 20, 2002, 9:46pm
[View Quote] >Please do not respond to this posting.

Asking people not to respond is inviting a response :P

Reporters & Commentators Needed

Nov 23, 2002, 11:06pm
[View Quote] >Because its the only efficent way to do it short of adding a public annoucement system to every Xelagot...also we accept XeLaG for the brilliant job he does,

XelaG and Game Master are the same exact situation; it's been said a lot of times: if you don't want to see his posts, use your filters or be silent.

Re: 5 More day, till Christmas!

Dec 25, 2002, 1:06am
[View Quote] >Clear DayEveryone Like My post!

I don't. :)

Re: 5 More day, till Christmas!

Dec 25, 2002, 1:10am
[View Quote] >why make it simple when you can make it complicated?

Do you [plan to] work for Microsoft by any chance? :)

Messages

May 3, 2003, 7:06pm
My newsreader places new posts at the bottom. Get a grip on reality.

[View Quote] >If I see that guy that talked about human conditions come back to the gate, I'm going to talk to him. You post your comments above mine to try to not allow my posts to be on top so that people won't read the Truth!

For The Lady

May 4, 2003, 12:45am
[Comments below.]

[View Quote] >You are trying to divert my attention.

I don't see how [several] requests to slow down the number of posts you make is a diversion...

>It seems those who have stuck with AW for so long are too weary or blinded to band together and condemn inhumane conditions.

Most of the AW old-timers know that AWI is not one for change by community demand. What you're doing is noble, but you need to realize that most of what you're doing has been done before, and rehashing it won't have much of an effect.

>I have a responsibility to speak out against the bad treatment that happens here.

Please tell us (in a single post, please) what kind of "bad treatment" you see happening (and where it is, of course).

If it's humane treatment (re-read what you said in the quote above), why is it evil? :)

>Attacks happen here every day in one form or another.

Newsreaders offer a filtering option for a reason; you either use the filters provided, or you hold your peace as you read over what you find as material that "attacks" you.

For The Lady

May 4, 2003, 7:34pm
B...r...e...a...t...h...e...

Now relax, and try again.

[View Quote] >I KNOW WHAT THE F***** WORD MEANS! I MEANT WHATS INHUMANE BOUT CONDITIONS

AWEC Spring Into Summer Party

Jun 6, 2003, 10:39pm
AWEC= Active Worlds Event[s] Committee I think.

I'm not sure on AWCC myself... Active Worlds Community C[?]

[View Quote] >What do EC and CC stand for? AW economic council and AW... uh... community
>club?

[View Quote]

New AW Host

Jun 24, 2003, 9:16pm
You're not actually serious are you? ISDN? :o

[View Quote] > Remmiz Hosting PRO is NOW open for buisness!!! Go to http://www.remmiz.com/aw/hosting/ to see our AMAZING offers!

cross posting

Jul 3, 2003, 11:06pm
Put in all the NGs you want to post to separated by a comma

Example: "community,bots" is how you would cross-post to community and bots. :)

[View Quote] > How do you cross post?

> Imagine

1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  |