Bad News! :-( (Community)

Bad News! :-( // Community

1  |

dion

Aug 23, 2002, 11:04pm
I just got this e-mail. I hope he turns out ok. :-\

----- Original Message -----
From: "gerald kieffer" <gkieffer>
To: <Dion at digevo.net>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 5:54 PM
Subject: !!! EMARGENCY NOTICE !!!

> Hello Dion...
>
> This will be my last message to anyone in AW for any reason. I'm heading
back into the hospital again.
> DIABETIC FOOT RELATED and if anyone happens to be in the Syracuse, NY
[Central part of NY] USA and wants to see what part of the hospital i'm in
[NUT PART MAYBE?]
> They can check at
>
> Gerald Kieffer [RL Name]
> Community Health Center on Seneca Turnpike near OCC Campus.
> OR contact ny next door neighbor Eric Hasselwander
> at 1-315-423-8684 and he can direct anyone on where exactly i'm located in
the hospital.

> PS: Send this out to Goober and he will want to know where in the NUT
PART of the hospital i'm located.
> As far as i know it will be ER first and one of the regular rooms later
and finally in the nursing home part on the 6th floor. But i could be wrong
on that.

> You can send this to anyone else you want as well.
>
> If you can... Gram Anduin Lothario, FriendPA, Xena [bingo liike alike to
AW's bot], Kristy = Lister bot creater, FelipeOlay = Owner of RPG World. And
anyone else you amy want. You can even post a note in teh AWNGS to do that
message all at once to the most people.

> - JFK2 -
> - JFN2.NET -

Hope the crazy freak gets better. Nobody should have to endure that. :-/

Curious that he sent it only to you, though. Do you even know him that
well? I know he has my email address, so if he wanted me to get it, he
could have just sent it to me directly...

[View Quote] > I just got this e-mail. I hope he turns out ok. :-\

Even the freaks should not have to suffer...
robrod at prism.net

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 2:48am
darn now I won't be recieving my educational responces to every one of my
posts via email o.O

anduin

Aug 24, 2002, 3:27am
An identity claiming to be known as "goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> scribed the following <3D6702C0.10003 at utn.cjb.net>:

>Hope the crazy freak gets better. Nobody should have to endure that. :-/

Give him a break, at-least he's proving himself and admitting he has a problem AND on top of that, he's taken the step of getting more help to fix it.

Calling him a freak really was uncalled for.

>Curious that he sent it only to you, though. Do you even know him that
>well? I know he has my email address, so if he wanted me to get it, he
>could have just sent it to me directly...

And if Dion knows JFK2 a little more than others it makes it a bad thing?

I am, personally, friends in a way with JFK2. I wouldn't say I hold him to the highest respect because some things said are just not my subject at all. But when he does put his mind to it, he has some useful things to say. Yes, he's sick minded sometimes, ok, everyone knows this. But lets hope the treatment makes him better, and congratulate him for taking the right step. Because obviously, he's taken it into his mind, and has admitted to his problem, which isn't even HIS fault. He's not a drug addict, it's more a defect he's had to grow up with through his whole life; some people must come to understand this.

Calling someone a freak because they happen to be different is way off the charts, people would expect more from someone up there in the 'community'.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 3:31am
Well said. :-)

maki

dion

Aug 24, 2002, 5:12am
*shrug* We've been e-mailing eachother back and forth for a little while.

[View Quote]

ambivalent

Aug 24, 2002, 9:51am
ok. i'm a little bit lost here. this guy is getting medical treatment for
a diabetic foot problem. so why is everyone congratulating him for this?

thanks -
Kerstin

"ambivalent" <kersting at blast.net> wrote in
news:3d677326$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ok. i'm a little bit lost here. this guy is getting medical
> treatment for a diabetic foot problem. so why is everyone
> congratulating him for this?

Because he used to make *very* strange posts.

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3d66db88$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I just got this e-mail. I hope he turns out ok. :-\

Hope he gets well soon :-))

KAH

nornny11

Aug 24, 2002, 11:58am
Yeah, it's nice that you all are wishing him to get well and all, but I
think some of you are doing it with the wrong intentions that by curing his
diabetic foot, it will make him less twisted. Which leads some people to
assume that diabetes make you crazy, when really, it doesn't folks. Just
wanted to clear that up. ;)

Personally, I never want to see the guy in the newsgroup ever ever ever
again. But good luck with the foot though.

--
From the Newbie's Guide to the AW NG:

"Nornny11 - The original wishy-washy man, this one can actually insult you
and compliment you in the same breath, and in the end say absolutely
nothing! What a talent!"
[View Quote]

ambivalent

Aug 24, 2002, 1:08pm
and having his diabetic foot problem treated will change that? lol. and
yes i know about the posts. he additionally sent me some bizarre and
obscene emails.

[View Quote]

ambivalent

Aug 24, 2002, 1:13pm
exactly

[View Quote]

shred

Aug 24, 2002, 2:12pm
Do you think that you could possibly start quoting what it is that you're referring to and/or stop posting your one to two word responses? These are referred to as 'me too' posts in Usenet lingo, and they are generally a waste of bandwidth and reading time.

[View Quote]

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 3:12pm
You could just maybe take notice that it's in reply to anduin's post...now
the post was kind of large..and I was saying that the entire thing was "Well
said" ... Do you expect me to put the whole post before what I say just so
it's not a "waste of bandwidth" ? Which, in return I'd think that'd be more
of a waste of bandwidth. Or maybe I should put "anduin said: [snip]" ?
Now, I might come off sounding like I was being rude and saying that none of
it was well said. I was simply saying how I felt about it, and figured
since it's in direct reply to anduin's post you'd be able to udnerstand
that...there are plenty of other people who do the same thing, here's a tip,
read all the posts, skip them when needed, and right click the newsgroup
name and select "Catch up" when you're done. Why don't you consider some
more possibilities, or just ignore this, before you come off all high and
mighty with me, dumbass.

maki

agent1

Aug 24, 2002, 3:32pm
[View Quote] What if this thread is downloaded sometime in the future, but the parent
post is missing. How is anyone supposed to know what you're talking about?

> now the post was kind of large..and I was saying that the entire thing was
"Well
> said" ... Do you expect me to put the whole post before what I say just so
> it's not a "waste of bandwidth" ?

No. If you want to save bandwidth, cut out everything but the basic point of
the message to which you are replying.

> I was simply saying how I felt about it, and figured since it's in direct
reply to anduin's post you'd be able to udnerstand that...

People can't always just "udnerstand" what you're trying to say. Quoting
clarifies it a great deal.

> there are plenty of other people who do the same thing,

"But everyone else jumped off the bridge!!"

>or just ignore this, before you come off all high and mighty with me,
dumbass.

Firstly, attack the argument, not the person. Otherwise it is you who looks
foolish. The fact that he replied and tried to help you be more clear in
your posts is hardly arrogant. It's you that has done something
less-than-stellar, not him.

-Agent1

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 3:47pm
[View Quote] >
> What if this thread is downloaded sometime in the future, but the parent
> post is missing. How is anyone supposed to know what you're talking about?

There's a good point...

was
> "Well
so

> No. If you want to save bandwidth, cut out everything but the basic point
of
> the message to which you are replying.

Did I not just say that I was replying to the *entire* post...I didn't want
to pick out a part, because I thought it was all *well said*

direct
> reply to anduin's post you'd be able to udnerstand that...
>
> People can't always just "udnerstand" what you're trying to say. Quoting
> clarifies it a great deal.

Oh gee, you had to comment on that, you never make spelling errors? Maybe
it does...that's the thing in matter here, I didn't want to quote the entire
thing, I guess maybe I should have to make *some* people happy.

> "But everyone else jumped off the bridge!!"

hahaha...good one ;-)

> dumbass.
>
> Firstly, attack the argument, not the person. Otherwise it is you who
looks
> foolish. The fact that he replied and tried to help you be more clear in
> your posts is hardly arrogant. It's you that has done something
> less-than-stellar, not him.

Tried to help me? I sensed a bit of attitude. When did you come into this
discussion anyway?

maki
I think I quoted you.

shred

Aug 24, 2002, 3:49pm
I did not mean to offend you, and since I obviously did, I apologize.

The reasons for quoting and conforming to other Usenet standards are generally ones that try to make newsgroups less of a hassle for everyone, no matter what newsreader client or operating system they're using. For instance, if the post you were replying to was missing, or the reader's newsreader client doesn't thread articles, he/she would not know what post you were referring to in your reply (or in the case of a non-threading newsreader, without going to quite a bit of extra effort to figure it out.)

[View Quote]

tony m

Aug 24, 2002, 3:57pm
[View Quote] >[...] When did you come into this discussion anyway?

Since this is a public forum, anybody is free to reply to anybody; there is no sense of "butting into" a discussion. If you don't want people "butting" in, it should have been a private email from the start.

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 4:10pm
Ok, I understand, I'm just thinking of the "typical" newsreader....and/or
person... :-)

maki
I would have been fine off without agent and tony's posts... :)

*blink* You sure can pull out a lot of stuff from one simple sentence.
More proof that subtlety is lost on the Internet...

The "crazy freak" comment was meant in jest. I would think the sentence
directly after that would have made that clear, but apparently not. I
have no ill will towards JFK2, and wish him a speedy recovery.

And where did I say Dion knowing JFK2 was a bad thing? I was just
curious why JFK2 sent it to him, as Dion's relationship with JFK2 isn't
exactly public knowledge. I was unaware that the two have been in
communication for some time now.

Assumptions are dangerous things, my friend. (especially in this
text-based environment) Stick to what was said, and not what you think
was said.

[View Quote] > An identity claiming to be known as "goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> scribed the following <3D6702C0.10003 at utn.cjb.net>:

> Give him a break, at-least he's proving himself and admitting he has a problem AND on top of that, he's taken the step of getting more help to fix it.
>
> Calling him a freak really was uncalled for.
>

> And if Dion knows JFK2 a little more than others it makes it a bad thing?
>
> I am, personally, friends in a way with JFK2. I wouldn't say I hold him to the highest respect because some things said are just not my subject at all. But when he does put his mind to it, he has some useful things to say. Yes, he's sick minded sometimes, ok, everyone knows this. But lets hope the treatment makes him better, and congratulate him for taking the right step. Because obviously, he's taken it into his mind, and has admitted to his problem, which isn't even HIS fault. He's not a drug addict, it's more a defect he's had to grow up with through his whole life; some people must come to understand this.
>
> Calling someone a freak because they happen to be different is way off the charts, people would expect more from someone up there in the 'community'.

Good thing cynicism still works here. :)
robrod at prism.net

dion

Aug 24, 2002, 8:03pm
Well, I wouldn't consider me and JFK to be good friends or anything but
we've been e-mailing for the past week or so. If he was leaving immediately,
my e-mail address may have simply been the quickest to get to.

[View Quote]

maki

Aug 24, 2002, 8:29pm
He's been emailing me for awhile also, ever since he was banned again o.O
Never told me anything.

[View Quote]

dion

Aug 24, 2002, 8:43pm
*shrug* Perhaps my e-mail was more convenient because I had sent him an
e-mail last or something. Haven't a clue.

Not very likely, because the reply followed the post within
the same day.

"ambivalent" <kersting at blast.net> wrote in news:3d67a2a4$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> exactly

He's still a(n ex-) community member though, and he was a big contributor
to the NG, so we wish him a good recovery. That's how we AW folks are. We
know that having his diabetes problem cured won't cure his psychological
problem, but are we only allowed to wish "sane" people well?

Well met.

Hope JFK2 gets better. He kept hinting that he was going to the "NUT PART"
of the hospital, which makes me think he's admitting himself into
psychological care. If this is really what he did, it is a brave and in
this care honorable thing to do. Best of luck to him in any case.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Aug 26, 2002, 2:07am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I have to agree Maki. I just checked the message properties of one of your
posts and it says you're using OE.

You need to go into TOOLS>OPTIONS>SEND and CHECK the box that says INCLUDE
MESSAGE IN REPLY. This will enable you to quote people in your replies. If
that box is already checked or is somehow greyed out, then perhaps you may
need to re-install OE. You can do this via Windows Update.

was
> "Well
so

> No. If you want to save bandwidth, cut out everything but the basic point
of
> the message to which you are replying.

Again agreed Maki. You can ALWAYS edit the post whereas it covers the basic
context of what it is you are referring to in your comments.

direct
> reply to anduin's post you'd be able to udnerstand that...
>
> People can't always just "udnerstand" what you're trying to say. Quoting
> clarifies it a great deal.

Amen to that, Agent One :-)

You are the ONLY person who's replies look more like original posts than
they do replies.

> Firstly, attack the argument, not the person. Otherwise it is you who
looks
> foolish. The fact that he replied and tried to help you be more clear in
> your posts is hardly arrogant. It's you that has done something
> less-than-stellar, not him.

Again agreed Agent One. :-)

Now, having said all that, Anduin, you need to LIGHTEN UP!!! I don't
believe Goober was calling JFK2 a "freak" to *attack* him (Am I right
Goober?). In fact, *I* believe Gobber was just being HUMOROUS.

Humor. Try it sometime Anduin. You'd be amazed at how FAR it gets you (no
pun intended). :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster (who's upgrading his computer THIS WEEK - HOORAY!! :-))

ambivalent

Aug 26, 2002, 9:10am
that's quite a stretch from what i (or nornny) said (or insinuated). i have
no problem whatever in wishing well to those who are psychologically
disturbed.