tony m // User Search

1  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  26  |

Please stop

Oct 2, 2001, 9:19pm
[View Quote] >Please stop your whining about versions, go back to the old one if you don't
>like 3.2.

i pay $20 a year for this crap and you're telling me not to complain? PFFT!

going back to 3.1 will not work for long, are you even aware that eventually 3.1 will not work in the AWCOM universe?

>Update your drivers, buy new hardware. You have to do it to keep up with
>programs and technology.

people aren't stinkin' rich man.

>If you are still running a PII 200 or something you are way out and barely
>even supportable by today's (this weeks) standards.

>I have had No issues with 3.2 at all.

yippee let's throw a party!?

>But I guess the news group is a place to rant, it's just so bad to hear
>people whine incessantly build after build. You people will never be
>satisfied till you can plug in AW into the back of your necks, and live in
>it that way. The again you will probably still whine then.

=)

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

There Is A Wolf In Sheep Clothing Loose In Active Worlds

Oct 4, 2001, 1:39am
You're lucky RoadRunner doesn't give a crap about what its users do online.

*turns to abuse at activeworlds.com*

[View Quote] >Go here to find out more:

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Alpha World Ground Zero Incident

Oct 6, 2001, 5:55am
who the hell cares? we sure don't, that's for sure!

[View Quote] *snip*
--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

People value.

Oct 6, 2001, 5:46am
Finally we get some authority around here.

[View Quote] >Hi Everyone,

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Abuse report didn't go to wastebasket :)

Oct 15, 2001, 9:59pm
[View Quote] >Hey asswipe she actually told me to keep it in the NG and not in AW so get
>your fact right in future huh?...

the newsgroups is not the place for disagreements like this. its also not the place for personal attacks (such as the post you made quoted
above)

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Read the log of the recent AWTeen fireing of XelNaga!

Dec 11, 2001, 2:22am
um, that document looks like Xel hacked into it & made sneering comments...

[View Quote] >Before taking sides on this incident, I urge you to look at

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Is "damn" a cuss word ?

Dec 30, 2001, 2:54am
[View Quote] my name has a gazillion possible variations! *scribbles TonyM all other moff's face*
--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

worlds and citizenships

Jan 2, 2002, 8:21pm
The global and permanent elimination of all tourists, I must agree, is but a mere dream. Would it forever change the face of the AW
community, if this dream were to become reality?

The features of AW 3.3 will further enhance the face of AW, as Roland and everybody else continues to say. But should the price of being
able to see these features be $2 a week?

Our choices appear to be either accept 3.3 as our final and last version, or face the new pricing model. The community of AW has always had
that third, invisible option: we can tell Rick (and co.) in our own words that he must consider the opinion of the community. It is believed
that the community is part of the decision in what goes on with AW. Can the company possibly consider our point of view? Perhaps some lurker
in the darkness is a marketing genious, and can think of a new and better pricing scheme for AW to keep their boat afloat and to keep the
community happy.

The new pricing model introduces several problems. Not all people have a credit card; if they wish to even see a triangle in AW they must
imput a credit card number and be confined to two weeks to enjoy that triangle and many more of 'em. It should also be considered that well
over half of the AW community are but only teenagers, whose parents are probably skeptical about the $19.95 a year they are paying for. Kids
who come from families who do not generate a whole lot of income (such as I) will find their visit to AW very short. It has been said that
current citizens will not be affected for the time being, but what about those tourists out there who have been ready for citizenship in so
long that they become discouraged by this pricing schematic and leave AW-- possibly to never return.

I have heard many better pricing schematics touring ground zeroes of popular worlds. Perhaps one of them will fit us all.

-- Tony M, citizen # 314753, registered February 2000.

worlds and citizenships

Jan 2, 2002, 11:31pm
the petitions will completely FAIL. they are NOT brought about in an acceptable manner, and the truth of the matter is AWCOM (or whatever
they want to call themselves) picked a good time to tell us-- less than 24 hours before it goes into effect!

[View Quote] >This is beign negative to me...

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

worlds and citizenships

Jan 3, 2002, 3:57pm
alot of UNIX shell hosts are USD$5/mo-- and they're quite a popular business. if we're forced to do monthly payments, AW is really only
worth <= USD$5

[View Quote] >Thats still $60 and too much!

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Pricing Model FAQ

Jan 2, 2002, 11:34pm
http://www.activeworlds.com/tech/faq.asp
--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Cooking up some E N Z O bacon

Jan 3, 2002, 3:54pm
over 1,064 signatures as of this post! [Thu Jan 03 11:46 2002]

[View Quote] >I agree, but it seems that you and I are in the minority - a heck of a lot

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

New version released... this is it, folks.

Jan 3, 2002, 5:02pm
tourist mode is down! repeat, tourist mode is down!

[View Quote] ><sigh>

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Alpha has got to go

Feb 24, 2002, 6:15am
alphaworld was born somewhere around '95.

[View Quote] > [...] becuase AW was the first and only world there
>was back in 1997 (i think thats when it started) [...]

Alpha has got to go

Feb 24, 2002, 6:24am
see comments below.

[View Quote] >Has any one noticed how obsolete Alpha World is? It's avatars are tinny, the
>objects are a hodge podge of left-overs and the vast majority of the older
>builds are as good as destroyed by revisions to the browser.
>
>Has any one stopped to wonder, what sort of a drain on AWcorps resources
>this out of date world is? As you already know, further upgrades to the
>browser are made difficult as the developers attempt ( and don't always
>succeed) to make new compatible with the old. Lets face it, after 7 years
>Alpha is sad and tired and pulls down the general standard of the
>ActiveWorlds experience for newbies. And the life blood of any community AND
>company is newbies.

AlphaWorld is the birthplace of AW as it stands today. it too is the lifeblood of the AW universe. not too long ago, AW used to be
single-world yet still popular. AlphaWorld is vast, yet rich in history. it may eventually reach into the terabytes, but we should still
hang onto it.

>As much as I love Alpha World and her many beautiful builds I firmly believe
>that it should pass on. With enough warning that citizens can transfer their
>builds and any others that are worth saving to a new world and make the
>necessary changes that it would take, only the unwanted rubbish would be
>left behind. It is important that any product keep up with the times in
>order to be a viable option as a marketable asset and our sentiment for old
>Alpha is going to destroy that and our community.

The deletion of Alpha is the deletion of the universal backbone. Perhaps instead of completely shutting off Alpha, we could simply shut off
building access and leave alpha open as an official museum of history.

>I know ppl are going to be upset by this view but stop and think before you
>post a negative response. How many ppl see AW GZ as sadly in need of a
>refit? Compare Alpha World to many other worlds. The answer is obvious, the
>old girl has seen better days.

*stops and thinks*. Alpha is indeed in need of a GZ refit, but that does not mean you should simply shut down the entire world (and it's
1million objects) because of a horribly designed GZ. Do you go off closing other worlds because of their GZs?

>We want this software to continue and grow , both for AW's good and our own.
>The more newbies that we can impress with the technology and with our
>community , the more chance we ALL have of staying in our virtual home away
>from home.

We all want to see AW continue its growth and development. Removing AlphaWorld, however, does not contribute to either growth nor
development. Taking alpha out is just like cutting down rainforests. It removes a natural habitat for some animal.. Alpha is the natural
habitat for hundreds of people. Just go in and stand around GZ. There is always some form of conversation.

We do need a new Alpha, but we should not delete the historical Alpha. As I mentioned above, Old Alpha could become closed to public
building and be preserved as a historical museum. New Alpha is just as it sounds: our new Alphaworld.

See ya...

Feb 24, 2002, 6:28am
the evil demons have run you off too. i (as you may be noticing) hardly read much too. at least you'll still be in AW.

[View Quote] >If you don't want to read a long message, here's the point: I'm not reading

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

See ya...

Feb 24, 2002, 6:29am
get real.

[View Quote] >*BIG* deal! people come and go in these NGs all the time, why should *YOU*

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

everything is bad

Feb 24, 2002, 6:02am
'tis jerry springer in this clob of a newsgroup.

[View Quote] >Everything is terrible, awcom is evil, so and so is always complaining, you

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

The apoligie to all citezens

Jun 23, 2002, 5:31pm
Eep's remarks are at least 100 times longer than Goobers :)

On 23 Jun 2002 15:24:24 -0400, "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com>
[View Quote] >I agree you would think that was eep back with us or did he ever
>leave?????

Problem

Jul 4, 2002, 1:55pm
I noticed the server was being slow during header downloads yesterday
& on a couple of other days during this week.

[View Quote] >Not noticed any problems here for a long time now, maybe it's your evil
>newsreader from MS that's doing it... Sure did for me before I went over to
>XNews :-))
>
>KAH

What in the blue hell is this?

Jul 17, 2002, 12:51am
i never got that... well, then again, i hide from everybody who isn't
on my contacts ;)

just block them & thank your stars AWI will never implement
mass-telegrams

On 15 Jul 2002 13:29:45 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Telegram from ALLOT of people:

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Survivor updates??????

Jul 19, 2002, 2:17pm
It was an ACCIDENTAL reference. She had no clue that it had changed by
the time she posted, hence the fact she made another post warning us
not to look at it.

[View Quote] >This URL referral is to pornography, as defined in your content guidelines
>on your website. You might wanna consider deleting either the tread, or the
>individual post.

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

new game

Jul 27, 2002, 4:25am
Please don't post extremely short messages like this. It's unnecessary.

[View Quote] >k

website, aw's problems...

Jul 26, 2002, 5:58pm
AWC has nothing to do with AW.

[View Quote] >so does AWC still manage Active Worlds? or have all the employees just been
>rehired by the new company?

[Question] When was the last time....

Jul 27, 2002, 9:30pm
I used it once, found only AWI worlds in the categories and simply never touched it again.

[View Quote] >We seemed to spend ages waiting for it, then once we had it we found the
>update speed was a whopping 3 days. Now a question... how many people
>actually use the Search tab?
>
>- Mark

Preload zip now available....

Jul 27, 2002, 9:43pm
I wonder if you read, heh....

"...Unfortunately, downloading this content during the ceremony would lead to delays ranging from several seconds to several minutes. At best, the slideshow music will be out of sync with the pictures, while at worst, the pictures could not display because they disappear faster than they can be drawn."

[View Quote] >wouldn't there be a way to load this into a world's cache in your own, or in
>standalone or something to see the entire place...anyway...the zip is
>absolutely huge...20 megs? I think they'd be better off downloading it in
>aw, lol
>
>--
>maki www.awmaki.com

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Preload zip now available....

Jul 28, 2002, 3:16am
you should choose your words more carefully ;)

[View Quote] >jeeze sorry, ya know, you shouldn't take anything I say or do
>seriously...I'm nuts...just ignore me :) lol
>
>--
>maki www.awmaki.com

WATCH Out For Idiots That Like To Stir Up Old Hate Flames

Aug 4, 2002, 11:55pm
general.discussion exists for a reason. Hell, your post doesn't even have a reason to exist. Get lost, JFK2.

[View Quote] >Who am i talking about? IHNK is who. Right on the very top of his post
>he mentiones JFK2 and Just In.
>That is a matter best served to just lay in peace and quiet in it's grave
>and long ago forgotten. Not to be dredged up and have two grown people
>go head to head in another flame war to satasfy some sick thing IHNK has
>for flame wars. He should have let this sort of thing well alone and
>dead.
>
>If anyone should happen to take notice on one of these newsgroups
>postings of being a victim of PUBLIC HUMILIATION...
>This is yet again another example of how some IDIOTS like IHNK are bent
>on creating flames for his own sick jollies...
>
>Please take note of what one poster had to say on the issue...
>
>From Just In himself....
>
>" Subject: Re: Public Humiliation
>From: "just in" <Justin at nomail.com>
>Newsgroups: community
>
>I have never encountered any instance of anyone having had their whispers
>or
>telegrams intercepted by a third party in years of using Active Worlds.
>
>I know many instances of people making whispers or telegrams public,
>after
>receiving them from the sender deliberately.
>
>I think any person revealing things told to them in private and in
>confidence is despicable. "
>
>Now you all have proof of someone else that has no morals and does this
>disgraceful deed to others.
>OK IHNK.... Your turn....

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Another AW employee gone!

Aug 5, 2002, 4:40pm
Speaking in the third person are we?

Hate to disappoint you, but the headers of your message seem to prove you are indeed JFK2.

Newsgroups: community,general.discussion,worldbuilders
Subject: Re: Another AW employee gone!
From: "ohhhmy" <OhhhMy at whatisthatemailaddy.org>
Date: 5 Aug 2002 14:20:42 -0400

If you'll note the Message-ID field, you'll see it contains "jfk2musiccom". I think the rest is rather obvious.

[View Quote] >JFK2 is not a flaming IDIOT. Neither is this "KIEFFER" person you keep
>wanting to stick in there. I know both of them PERSONALLY and they are
>my dearest friends.
>They do happen to know the "REAL ME" just as Chucks Party does. Just as
>a few others as well do.

-snip-

Another AW employee gone!

Aug 6, 2002, 12:33am
[View Quote] >Where might I find that guide of which your sig speaks?

news://news.activeworlds.com/3A4442C3.C3EC2BB8 at acsu.buffalo.edu

1  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  26  |