Two New Games Available! (Community)

Two New Games Available! // Community

1  |

the game master

Nov 20, 2002, 8:05pm
The-game world now has: Name That Tune, and Movie Sound Bite Trivia.

Don't forget our weekly live Bingo...Every Friday and Saturday night at 7:00
pm. EST

Remember, some games allow you to win game points good toward stuff in our
POINTS STORE, and other games allow you to win other great prizes...But you
have to play to win.
________________________

Please do not respond to this posting.

*Click* *Click* BANG

tony m

Nov 20, 2002, 9:46pm
[View Quote] >Please do not respond to this posting.

Asking people not to respond is inviting a response :P

sk8man1

Nov 20, 2002, 10:16pm
Isn't there a problem for name that toon i.e. someone might not have the
same download speed as another so they hear the music last :-\

anduin

Nov 21, 2002, 1:20am
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3ddc25e0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Isn't there a problem for name that toon i.e. someone might not have the
> same download speed as another so they hear the music last :-\

Then what you do is create a room beneath everyone (no shift allowed and no object clicking) with all of the midi's you're going to be using. On top of all these sounds, have a null sound so that the midi's are not actually heard. This way, all music is pre-downloaded before you start playing. Oh, and you'd want your object path hidden using a php script of some sort.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

technozeus

Nov 21, 2002, 1:46am
It would be good to pre-download them anyway, so that the name of the downloading file doesn't give it away.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

sk8man1

Nov 21, 2002, 9:30am
oOo didn't think of that ;)))

[View Quote]

lord fett

Nov 21, 2002, 12:12pm
well you could just do song1.mid song2.mid or midi1.mid midi2.mid that
way people don't know what the midi is just by downloading it.

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 21, 2002, 2:56pm
Depending on how you went about it, that could introduce problems of it's own. For example, if you numbered a bunch of songs, someone could download them externally (by number) and play them in advance, so that knowing the number would be enough to know what song it was... and if you changed which song was saved on which number from time to time, then people with the old versions in their cache would hear the wrong song.

TechnoZues

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Nov 22, 2002, 5:12pm
I was always the king at Y2000 world Name that tune cuz I'de just leave the
downloading box open, lol

-JB

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Nov 22, 2002, 5:12pm
...it's just a game....

[View Quote]

technozeus

Nov 22, 2002, 7:56pm
Yep... which means if you have enough people playing it, somebody's bound to cheat if they can.

TZ