tony m // User Search

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  |

EMAIL TO AW

Sep 25, 2002, 9:04pm
[View Quote] >In Fact :

>"Kellie (MountainMyst) is not and never has been an employee of Activeworlds Inc., nor a manager and does not represent the company in any such capacity."
>
>Notice that is quoted.....:)

When you quote somebody, you usually also say who it's from.

Re: IP Addresses in Builds

Oct 4, 2002, 1:57am
[View Quote] >You dont need 2, IP addys on objects is suicide for cell data anyhow. Use a bot that tracks avatar sessions, when u have a object built it has a aw_object_session which will corespond to 1 of the avatars. Just track it like that, ive done it before, shouldent be too hard for someone to create a standalone bot like it :)

A bot like that would go crazy in a world like AlphaWorld.

Re: IP Addresses in Builds

Oct 5, 2002, 12:21am
[View Quote] >"tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
>news:gr2qpugoh7n0852036fi798j37enpt4pmt at 4ax.com:
>

>Should be doable if you run it on a powerfull UNIX machine with no other
>CPU-hogging processes, good bandwidth and highly optimised code.

The only obvious problem is that the SDK isn't usable on UNIX :/

world on list

Oct 8, 2002, 12:24am
[View Quote] >
[View Quote] AWI probably wants to get money for doing this for world caretakers
--
Tony M.

More rights options

Oct 8, 2002, 12:27am
[View Quote] >It would be handy for example if you would run a game on your world where
>you also have builders.
>To avoid "cheating" for the game, you need to disallow right click and
>sometimes to disallow other features as well.
>But to disallow the right click to everybody you need to take away the
>build right from your builders.
>
>The point is to disallow the right click on certain areas, for example a
>game area,from both builders and non builders.
>All that without taking away the build right from builders.
>
>I am sorry if I am not very clear with that post, but I am still suffering
>with english language ;(

People with build rights that have object select off can still right-click...

Showing other pplz membership details.

Oct 26, 2002, 8:57pm
[View Quote] >I doubt that the uniserver sends the password to the browser, this would be a violation of all security concepts.

It doesn't--if you pay attention to the PW field, you'll notice there is a small delay between the PW field & the rest of the fields being filled in.

Showing other pplz membership details.

Dec 1, 2002, 6:50pm
[View Quote] >And how do you know? I read the whole thread, and I didn't notice any mention of it having been solved.

If it's over three weeks old, it's bound to have been resolved outside of the NGs.

grams

Oct 26, 2002, 9:35pm
[View Quote] >No dont allow this or we'll be bombed unless a user and customise this
>feature

Perhaps the uniserver/SDK could be set to only allow bots to send 1 telegram every 2-3 seconds (but not for citizens)

Passworded Maximum World Limit?

Nov 8, 2002, 12:26am
[View Quote] >Is it possible to put the password in like a dll or something? AW Checks for the DLL and if no password has been entered than there is something in the dll instead of a blank dll. (so that you can't just delete the old one and create a new empty dll file)

This DLL could be replaced with an evil DLL that can trash your system. Bad idea.

Preston...

Nov 1, 2002, 8:55pm
[View Quote] >this is not the preston wishlist.

This is a general wishlist for anything related to AW; Preston uses the AW SDK, thus it is related.

3-axis Rotation for Avatars

Nov 4, 2002, 11:12pm
If it can be done to objects, it should also be able to do on avatars.

--
Tony M.

Slide Detection as a World Option

Nov 13, 2002, 11:39pm
The subject said it all.

--
Tony M.

really why isnt it here already?

Nov 30, 2002, 5:10am
[View Quote] >Yeah, when cits were $20 a year you could add 3 more bots for $20 (virtually
>buying another cit) I'de assume that now though that the 3 bot limit
>increase costs the same as Cits do now..

No, they still cost $20 for a 3 bot extension. (it actually helps to email the right people ;))

a "home" button for the web window

Dec 16, 2002, 11:33pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] What if you aren't a caretaker & can't select the text?

Bots in global mode should be able to see invisible bots.

Jan 5, 2003, 2:21pm
Ummm, I have yet to see the SDK itself crash (not the application) from the thousands of avatar_change events it receives. Or any other high-load event.

Try again.

[View Quote] >No it shouldent thats why theyre hidden cause the SDK would go insane!

Bots in global mode should be able to see invisible bots.

Jan 5, 2003, 4:53pm
[View Quote] >I meant because where would the AVATAR_X, AVATAR_Y, AVATAR_Z, AVATAR_TILT,
>AVATAR_ROLL, AVATAR_YAW, come from, as well as session targeting for
>commands such as aw_whisper, aw_console_msg, etc

These would either be 0 or NULL like Bowen suggested. The session number would exist because it was assigned by the universe.

AW 3.1

Feb 23, 2003, 4:31am
[View Quote] >You can still run builds all the way back to version 3.2, build 402, in the main universe, and older builds in any universe that chooses to allow it, plus you can run them in stand-alone mode, but if you can't get ahold of them and don't have them already then you obviously can't run them at all. This is particularly a problem for serious beta testers who would like to be able to help track down exactly when and how some old bugs came into existance but have limited space in which to store back-up copies of old builds.

If you play around with the browser's upgrade.exe component, you can get older builds.

AW 3.1

Feb 23, 2003, 5:24am
[View Quote] >Care to tell me how? I thought all you could get with that was the available upgrade patches.

This is how it's supposed to work, but I've done some testing of my own (as I discussed with you in telegram) and have found it harder to go backwards (due to how the index for objects.activeworlds.com/upgrade is blocked, and how I haven't tinkered with this in a long time).

These are the three parameters upgrade.exe expects:

1. objects.activeworlds.com
2. upgrade/kit<BUILD #>.rtp
3. aworld.exe

So this is what you might enter for Start->Run (change path as necessary...)

E:\AW31\Upgrade.exe objects.activeworlds.com upgrade/kit375.rtp aworld.exe

Putting 375 in for <BUILD #> bumps you up to AW 3.2 build 402. I attempted to go backwards by entering 300; what happened was, the upgrader didn't want to replace anything except the (2.2) splash screen. I guess AWI did more than just block the directory listing.

password protect the whole object path.

Apr 8, 2003, 3:07am
[View Quote] >Textures are jpg so passwording them is actually server side and has nothing to do with AW.

It's possible to add an attribute to specify an HTTP password for basic/digest authentication, or perhaps extend the 'object password' and then just add a checkbox with something like "Use object password for HTTP authentication".

Proposal: AW2

Apr 21, 2003, 2:22am
[View Quote] >AW2? Just what would that be? A technologically enhanced AW?

AW2 would be a complete rewrite of the AW browser; which would make it technologically enhanced, yes.

Proposal: AW2

Apr 21, 2003, 2:30am
I'm 100% right there with you in proposing a browser rewrite. It's becoming obvious now that the browser's current architecture is making future expansion very difficult; just look at what happened to the movement system. Of course, backwards compatability with AW1 would be very important as everybody transitions into AW2, but eventually AW1 will have to be dropped, as you proposed, after it's no longer fit to keep AW1 running.

[View Quote] >I am proposing that a new project to develope AW2 be explored which would require a complete rewrite of the browser from ground zero using the latest in technology and lack of backward compatibility. Requiring the most recent DirectX, CPU(P3 or better processor), video(Geforce2+/Radeon 9000+) and OS(Windows XP/2000)

>I am proposing that AW2 run along side AW1 and that AW1 not be dropped or abandoned until such time as AW people migrate from one system to the other in suffient numbers as to warrant abandoning it

>I would also propose that Contact lists be mutual between AW1 and AW2 as to not abandon communication between users in either system.

>I would further propose that if this topic is at all debated in this forum that a respected reader of these newsgroups be elected as secretary to keep track of the debate and list the proposals and ideas for AW2 in an up to date features/requirements list to be reposted and updated twice monthly or as required.

>I nominate Technozeus for that position.

I second the nomination.

Suggestion: eject by browser id (install id)

Apr 24, 2003, 12:19am
[View Quote] >The browser shouldn't be able to work unless it's in the folder it was installed in

It does work.

A lil indicator called 'Join Pending'

Apr 26, 2003, 5:41pm
Flashing lights can become annoying.

[View Quote] >and flashing light

Chat Send and Receive Sound Idea

May 4, 2003, 12:37am
Is this similar to the AIM receive/send sounds? Some people like it, some don't; at least it can be turned off.

[View Quote] >When you Chat and Press enter and you will hear chat sent sound and People Talk You back and you will hear Chat Receive sound

Privilege Passwords

May 9, 2003, 3:46am
Don't forget the third; "Bot PPW".

Since it's being split up, might as well get it all in.

[View Quote] >ActiveWorlds should have two types of "PPWs":

>World PPWs (for world rights)
>Build PPWs (for building)
>
>you could set these up in the Citizen Settings so you dont have to worry about Citizens messing up terrain and rights, or making "their own world"

bring back the create light color=black

May 9, 2003, 6:29pm
"Create Light" was introduced in 3.1. Remember how everybody grabbed the beta like crazy just to get it?

[View Quote] >Lighting came out in 3.0 or 3.1 I'm pretty sure it was 3.0 cause I do remember doing the open beta testing for 3.0 and it had lighting.

Elevdump Format

Jun 1, 2003, 7:45pm
Mauz.info has the propdump format published; does anybody have anything similar for the elevdump format?

Contact List Notifications in Chat History

Jun 3, 2003, 6:13pm
Haven't you ever been so concentrated with building that you get distracted by someone signing off in your Contacts, and then wonder [for a moment] "who just signed off? -_-"? It would be a handy option (for me, at least) to have a notification message in the Chat History window. This should be optional of course.

visible instances

Jun 5, 2003, 6:10am
"Clickable" instances?

[View Quote] >Give a bot the ability to create an unlimited amount of visible, clickable instances. They would still belong to the same bot though, but this would give the ability to create games much more realistic -- without selling my soul to ENZO for a huge bot limit.

Lockable Object Properties Dialog

Jun 11, 2003, 7:06pm
Selecting 7+ objects only to blow it all away by an accidental click on terrain becomes infuriating after a while, especially when it happens every other time. There should be a way to "lock" the Object Properties dialog so that it doesn't close on any kind of click until either the window is closed through the "X" or by unlocking.

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  |