Preston... (Wishlist)

Preston... // Wishlist

1  |

ds saber mage

Oct 31, 2002, 8:40pm
A reccomendation for the next prest, allow ppl to use like some sort of "if,
then" statements, like a code action ex:
If (%r = Password) {actionfield at obj = create sign | descriptionfield at obj
= Hi} lol i know that sounds kinda advance but itd be nice just to have like
a button at the bottom of a dictionary definition that lets you input code
like that... ya know create ur own lil programming language for the presty
^_^ well anyway, i dunno if faber even posts here but just sayin it.
(P.S.: I know this is kinda off topic but it is a wish that i have
=o) it be cool!)

carlbanks

Oct 31, 2002, 11:34pm
this is not the preston wishlist.

[View Quote] Prestons are no longer being made. The current version you have will be the last one
I think.

--Bowen--

joeman

Nov 1, 2002, 6:21pm
Not so :). Faber sent all the stuff to ima, so, now Ima Genius is working
on it.

-Joe

Oh, I was unaware of this. My bad then.

tony m

Nov 1, 2002, 8:55pm
[View Quote] >this is not the preston wishlist.

This is a general wishlist for anything related to AW; Preston uses the AW SDK, thus it is related.

> This is a general wishlist for anything related to AW; Preston uses the AW SDK,
thus it is related.

That's a little far-fetched. The wishlist is for the browser and sdk itself, not
things made from the sdk. Unless I'm mistaken. General.discussion would be more
appropriate. I think there's even a BBS for it that ima made?

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> wrote in
news:3dc320f9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> That's a little far-fetched. The wishlist is for the browser and sdk
> itself, not things made from the sdk. Unless I'm mistaken.
> General.discussion would be more appropriate. I think there's even a
> BBS for it that ima made?

http://polygon.imatowns.com/ Official ImaBot forum, may seem dead, but if
you post you're likely to get very fast answers (Ima manages to answer you
on the minute at times...) ;-))

KAH

technozeus

Dec 1, 2002, 1:49am
Not really far fetched. Sure, there are probably better places for such things but if a person doesn't know where to find a better place to make their wish known... I've seen nothing official to indicate that they should be kept out of here. Besides, the people developing the SDK might benefit somewhat from knowing what kinds of things people would like to see in bots. It all ties together.

TechnoZeus

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> wrote in
news:3de986dd$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Not really far fetched. Sure, there are probably better places for
> such things but if a person doesn't know where to find a better place
> to make their wish known... I've seen nothing official to indicate
> that they should be kept out of here. Besides, the people developing
> the SDK might benefit somewhat from knowing what kinds of things
> people would like to see in bots. It all ties together.

They could just have looked at the About tab of the Preston to find the
right place... Anyway, the right place in the NGs would be in the bots NG.

KAH

technozeus

Dec 2, 2002, 7:00am
Yep.... I think you're right. Now the information on where to look is here if it's needed. That could of course have been accomplished without the negativity.

TechnoZeus