really why isnt it here already? (Wishlist)

really why isnt it here already? // Wishlist

1  |

chazrad

Nov 28, 2002, 7:24pm
1. why isn't a global bot globally visible?
2. why doesn't AW sell botonly citzinships for lower prize, the 3bot limit
really sucks

Chazrad

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
news:Xns92D4DEF3FAF82petrossa at 64.94.241.201:

> 1. why isn't a global bot globally visible?
> 2. why doesn't AW sell botonly citzinships for lower prize, the 3bot
> limit really sucks

I think you can buy a bot limit extension for $20/year? At least I think
this was possible under the old pricing scheme. Ask sales at activeworlds.com

KAH

chazrad

Nov 28, 2002, 9:23pm
Tnx Kah, why don't you have such an easy answer for the first point ? :)

I think you can buy a bot limit extension for $20/year? At least I
> think this was possible under the old pricing scheme. Ask
> sales at activeworlds.com
>
> KAH

technozeus

Nov 28, 2002, 10:29pm
There really isn't such a thing as a "global bot" in that sense. A bot in global mode can detect things from all over the world it is in, but that is one way, and does not effect how far away you can see the bots avatar or how far away you can hear the bot's chat. A bot with caretaker privileges can also send "console messages" that can be heard anywhere in the world, but than neither effects nor is effected by weather or not the bot is in global mode and also does not effect the bot's chat range, which is also how far away you can see it's avatar.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

chazrad

Nov 29, 2002, 6:43am
Well, that's actually exactly what i meant by making it visible, if it's
visible you can whisper with it. I dont care if you can see it really as
long as you can whisper to it. Chatting it can do with console messages.
But if you have an agechecking bot it would be nice if you could whisper
your age, amongst other things. A global bot should be visible globally
else it's half work in my view.

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> wrote in
news:3de6b4e3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> There really isn't such a thing as a "global bot" in that sense. A
> bot in global mode can detect things from all over the world it is in,
> but that is one way, and does not effect how far away you can see the
> bots avatar or how far away you can hear the bot's chat. A bot with
> caretaker privileges can also send "console messages" that can be
> heard anywhere in the world, but than neither effects nor is effected
> by weather or not the bot is in global mode and also does not effect
> the bot's chat range, which is also how far away you can see it's
> avatar.
>
> TechnoZeus

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
news:Xns92D55DE821A4Epetrossa at 64.94.241.201:

> Well, that's actually exactly what i meant by making it visible, if it's
> visible you can whisper with it. I dont care if you can see it really as
> long as you can whisper to it. Chatting it can do with console messages.
> But if you have an agechecking bot it would be nice if you could whisper
> your age, amongst other things. A global bot should be visible globally
> else it's half work in my view.

I agree. If nothing else, it should be made an option to have it be
detectable in the entire world. Perhaps it would require a bit of rewriting
to allow for avatars beyond the usual 200m hearing range, but it'd be worth
it.

KAH

chazrad

Nov 29, 2002, 8:54pm
Well wouldnt have to be an avatar hearing range, if just they put the
bots name in the whisperbox i don't care about the avatar 200 mtr range.
I see no programtechnical reason why AWserver cant display global bot
names in the whisperbox, if the bot can detect all events it can also
hear whispers globally IMHO.

"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote in
news:Xns92D5D12E445Fkahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201:

> "chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
> news:Xns92D55DE821A4Epetrossa at 64.94.241.201:
>

> I agree. If nothing else, it should be made an option to have it be
> detectable in the entire world. Perhaps it would require a bit of
> rewriting to allow for avatars beyond the usual 200m hearing range,
> but it'd be worth it.
>
> KAH

j b e l l

Nov 29, 2002, 9:51pm
Yeah, when cits were $20 a year you could add 3 more bots for $20 (virtually
buying another cit) I'de assume that now though that the 3 bot limit
increase costs the same as Cits do now..

[View Quote]

tony m

Nov 30, 2002, 5:10am
[View Quote] >Yeah, when cits were $20 a year you could add 3 more bots for $20 (virtually
>buying another cit) I'de assume that now though that the 3 bot limit
>increase costs the same as Cits do now..

No, they still cost $20 for a 3 bot extension. (it actually helps to email the right people ;))

chazrad

Nov 30, 2002, 7:41am
"tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com> wrote in
news:pbnguuou3oacvrn1d0os16fbtq85lkuq26 at 4ax.com:

[View Quote] i emailed sales at activeworlds.com 4 days ago, still no reply

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
news:Xns92D5EE33BD382petrossa at 64.94.241.201:

> Well wouldnt have to be an avatar hearing range, if just they put the
> bots name in the whisperbox i don't care about the avatar 200 mtr range.
> I see no programtechnical reason why AWserver cant display global bot
> names in the whisperbox, if the bot can detect all events it can also
> hear whispers globally IMHO.

Now it's set up to ignore everything beyond 200m, so if the server
suddently came up with an AW_AVATAR_ADD for an av outside hearing range it
would confuse the browser.

KAH

j b e l l

Nov 30, 2002, 6:39pm
Thanksgiving Weekend.

[View Quote]

chazrad

Dec 1, 2002, 7:04am
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote in
news:Xns92D6A74A37721kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201:

> "chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
> news:Xns92D5EE33BD382petrossa at 64.94.241.201:
>

> Now it's set up to ignore everything beyond 200m, so if the server
> suddently came up with an AW_AVATAR_ADD for an av outside hearing
> range it would confuse the browser.
>
> KAH

i mean: not to generate an avataradd event, or any avatarevent for that
matter , but just add the global bots name to the whisper box of the
browser. circumvent all events, just allow the bot to hear whispers, the
same way it can hear global chat without generating avatar events. The
avatarevent itself can then be generated when it comes in range.

chazrad

Dec 1, 2002, 7:05am
"j b e l l" <jbell at kmfdm.com> wrote in news:3de921e8$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Thanksgiving Weekend.

Lol i give thanks every weekend (to my girlfriend for services rendered,
for the sun coming up and such things :)

ROFL!

"chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
news:Xns92D761A11157Apetrossa at 64.94.241.201:

> i mean: not to generate an avataradd event, or any avatarevent for that
> matter , but just add the global bots name to the whisper box of the
> browser. circumvent all events, just allow the bot to hear whispers, the
> same way it can hear global chat without generating avatar events. The
> avatarevent itself can then be generated when it comes in range.

But the AVATAR_ADD is needed to add it to the whisper list, that's what I
meant.

KAH

grimble

Dec 1, 2002, 6:32pm
This is still a wishlist right? So addition of new functionality would be
accompanied by appropriate changes to all components, including the browser.
Current limitations and behaviours are therefore irrelevant to a wishlist.

Grims.

[View Quote]

chazrad

Dec 1, 2002, 8:37pm
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote in
news:Xns92D7A957F33B6kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201:

> "chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> wrote in
> news:Xns92D761A11157Apetrossa at 64.94.241.201:
>

> But the AVATAR_ADD is needed to add it to the whisper list, that's
> what I meant.
>
> KAH

i see no earthly reason why this should be so. It's not a degree by God
or something, it's just how it's implemented now. It's small adjustment
IMHO to the browser and server to put global bots in the whisper box,
with a great improvement in the use of global bots.

Chaz