EMAIL TO AW (Wishlist)

EMAIL TO AW // Wishlist

1  |

john

Sep 22, 2002, 1:05pm
As AW never read this I think we should include all the good ideas in a post
and email it to aw.

linn

Sep 22, 2002, 3:47pm
they do read this john they just don't always let us know :-)

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> wrote in news:3d8e0219
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> they do read this john they just don't always let us know :-)

Uh, no they don't. Everyone here knows they don't (they obviously even
forgot about it when they created their suggestion box last year).

KAH

linn

Sep 22, 2002, 4:20pm
someone in beta said they do maybe they just cant give us all we ask for
all at once? especially since some are not willing to stay and pay for
these things sigh
[View Quote]

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Sep 22, 2002, 4:47pm
This is how I think of it...

The "wishlist" newsgroup is for us to talk about features we'd like to see. They probably don't read this newsgroup very much, so don't count on them seeing your idea if it's only posted here.

d a n

Sep 23, 2002, 4:48pm
I agree, mountain myst and flag seem to be the only ones reading waht we say
or what I'm saying here ^_^

Flagg usually tells people off if they do something wrong O_O

Roland, Bill etc only view beta

---
D a n

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 23, 2002, 6:08pm
LOL great info...:) that's what i like.....a good rumor mill....lol

[View Quote]

maki

Sep 23, 2002, 7:07pm
mountain myst and flagg do occasionally read some of the ng's :P when the
derek was trying to start a website that allowed people to post worlds to
sell flagg told us off right away, saying the owner can't be transferred ;)
by the way...uhh, dan, roland is *gone* :)

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 24, 2002, 12:10pm
What does MM have to do with anything?
She is NOT an AW employee. (Officially)
ya gotta love those rumors.

Leo :) aka BinaryBud

Oh lets See.. oh thats right Kellie is AWIncs support staff working from home :P

binarybud

Sep 24, 2002, 3:46pm
Sorry but she is not on "staff"........home or no home. She is independant.
You need to understand what that means too...:)

Leo :)

"binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> wrote in
news:3d90a4fa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Sorry but she is not on "staff"........home or no home. She is
> independant. You need to understand what that means too...:)

She's employed by the AWI, don't be so picky, it goes under the same.

KAH

binarybud

Sep 25, 2002, 11:22am
She is not an employee of AWI period.

Leo :)

[View Quote]

binarybud

Sep 25, 2002, 11:29am
In Fact :

"Kellie (MountainMyst) is not and never has been an employee of Activeworlds Inc., nor a manager and does not represent the company in any such capacity."

Notice that is quoted.....:)

Leo :)

"binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> wrote in
news:3d91ba52 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> In Fact :
>
> "Kellie (MountainMyst) is not and never has been an employee of
> Activeworlds Inc., nor a manager and does not represent the company in
> any such capacity."
>
> Notice that is quoted.....:)

Still, she's *employed* by them, which is nearly the same, don't make such
a fuss over it ;-)) Who told you that anyway?

KAH

linn

Sep 25, 2002, 7:55pm
well SOME ppl and not others he may correct but some just get by with
whatever
[View Quote]

tony m

Sep 25, 2002, 9:04pm
[View Quote] >In Fact :

>"Kellie (MountainMyst) is not and never has been an employee of Activeworlds Inc., nor a manager and does not represent the company in any such capacity."
>
>Notice that is quoted.....:)

When you quote somebody, you usually also say who it's from.

rossyboy

Oct 3, 2002, 9:07pm
In my experience AW is actually more likely to read this than to read
emails lol

[View Quote] >As AW never read this I think we should include all the good ideas in a post
>and email it to aw.

technozeus

Nov 25, 2002, 2:41am
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm catching up on old posts instead of ignoring them just because they're old. Many of the ideas that have been posted deserve further discussion. Of course, I'm selecting carefully which ones to actually reply to, but there are a lot of them so a few people have aleardy gotten tired of me making replies to them. To those that it bothers, I apologize for the inconvenience... but in spite of the name implying that this newsgroup is a "list of wishes" it's really a discussion forum for us to talk with each other about what we would like to see improved or changed in the Active Worlds software, so that we can decide for ourselves which of the "wishes" of the community we would like most to see. Those who can do something about it do pay attention to what they hear and see, and this is a good place to go over the ideas and concepts we think should be discussed further and decide what we like or dislike about them or how they can be improved so that we can help refine and perfect them over time before they get added to the software.

TechnoZeus

"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> wrote in
news:3de1aa0c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Yeah, that's exactly why I'm catching up on old posts instead of
> ignoring them just because they're old.
><<snip>>

But this is not how news works! In the world of news, old = dead = don't
reply. When a thread dies down it means the discussion on the topic is
done, and if you didn't participate, well too bad for you. Please stop
replying to really old posts. :-))

KAH

anarkissed

Nov 26, 2002, 1:34am
aside from thinking that this argument is more about having a b*7ching
session I have an idea for you, TZ. How about instead of replying to the
old post, you make a new post, reintroduce the information and author of the
post which "inspired" your new one and carry on from there? It wasn't that
long ago that people had to paraphrase each other in letters rather than
quote because the letters were manuscripts, not digital text.
By doing it that way you can just sidestep this nonsense about "proper
newsgroup behaviour." Personally I'd say that it's more aggravating to
listen to people snipe at others over harmless abnormal actions than the
harmless abberrations themselves.
Nevertheless I've learned that common sense is an oxymoron and when you're
the oxy, you just have to live with the morons.
And finally, Kah and company, nobody who isn't an owner of this newsgroup
and the servers on it has any business stating what is or is not "correct"
so if you want to waste our time sniping do come prepared with some
documentation please. Quotes with links for footnotes would be good.

technozeus

Nov 26, 2002, 9:47am
It's a good suggestion, and worth considering, but for now I will continue the way I have been doing it. Different people have different definitions of things, and while this is a "newsgroup" it is also a "discussion forum" and I personally have little use for history so I'll ignore the dates for the most part and stick to paying attention to the contents. Just because something has become old doesn't mean it's no longer of any use. If that were the case, the earth would have been abandoned long ago and matter would be totally worthless. I won't live by another person's definition of what has value and why.

TechnoZeus

"anarkissed" <anarkissed at nospam.alt.2600.com> wrote in
news:3de2ebd8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> aside from thinking that this argument is more about having a b*7ching
> session I have an idea for you, TZ. How about instead of replying to
> the old post, you make a new post, reintroduce the information and
> author of the post which "inspired" your new one and carry on from
> there? It wasn't that long ago that people had to paraphrase each
> other in letters rather than quote because the letters were
> manuscripts, not digital text. By doing it that way you can just
> sidestep this nonsense about "proper newsgroup behaviour." Personally
> I'd say that it's more aggravating to listen to people snipe at others
> over harmless abnormal actions than the harmless abberrations
> themselves. Nevertheless I've learned that common sense is an oxymoron
> and when you're the oxy, you just have to live with the morons.
> And finally, Kah and company, nobody who isn't an owner of this
> newsgroup and the servers on it has any business stating what is or is
> not "correct" so if you want to waste our time sniping do come
> prepared with some documentation please. Quotes with links for
> footnotes would be good.

Who's sniping who? I'm not sniping anyone, I'm just requesting that
Technozeus stops replying to age old, dead threads, and stating why I
request that. It's a form of constructive critisism, I'm not saying "DON'T
POST TO OLD THREADS! CUZZ I SAY SO AND I'M THE OWNER OF THE WORLD!"...
Whilst you're dismissing what I say as rubbish, without really justifying
yourself. This isn't even news ettiquette, it's basic understanding of the
concept of NNTP.

KAH

anarkissed

Nov 27, 2002, 8:16am
[View Quote] No, it's not constructive, it's destructive. That is what I mean by
"sniping".

> I'm not saying "DON'T
> POST TO OLD THREADS! CUZZ I SAY SO AND I'M THE OWNER OF THE WORLD!"...

That'd be flaming.

> Whilst you're dismissing what I say as rubbish, without really justifying
> yourself. This isn't even news ettiquette, it's basic understanding of the
> concept of NNTP.
>
> KAH

If he has the message there to reply to and CAN reply to it, then there's no
technological reason not to. Network News Transport Protocol doesn't care
about how current it is when you reply to old posts.
Therefor you're making rules about expectation. From what I read, that's
EXACTLY what you were trying to do. You were in effect stating that people
expect stuff that old to be gone forever and he was breaking that
expectation. As though your expectation exists everywhere and is a rule.

technozeus

Nov 27, 2002, 11:58am
So that you don't think I am ignoring you or taking what you said as fight talk, I will state the following as clearly and to the point as I can:

Your suggestion that I stop replying to threads which you consider to be dead has been noted.

I would like further to politely state that I respectfully choose not to take that advice but rather to use my own judgement in determining which topics, statements, comments, ideas, questions, and other posts I will reply to.

Thank you.

TechnoZeus

"anarkissed" <anarkissed at nospam.alt.2600.com> wrote in
news:3de49b69 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> No, it's not constructive, it's destructive. That is what I mean by
> "sniping".

And what about telling me I'm "sniping" people? Is that constructive? I
wouldn't say so, maybe it'd be a good idea to improve yourself before
trying to change others?

> That'd be flaming.

Destructive critisim goes under flaming to some extent...

> If he has the message there to reply to and CAN reply to it, then
> there's no technological reason not to. Network News Transport
> Protocol doesn't care about how current it is when you reply to old
> posts.
> Therefor you're making rules about expectation. From what I read,
> that's
> EXACTLY what you were trying to do. You were in effect stating that
> people expect stuff that old to be gone forever and he was breaking
> that expectation. As though your expectation exists everywhere and is
> a rule.

The actual protocol doesn't put any obstacles to it, but you're being too
squared here. You're confusing the *point* of having the technology with
what the technology actually can *do*. The point of news is to provide a
medium for discussion over [new] topics in an organised way using thread
structures. The "news" of NNTP isn't there for nothing...

I'm not going to post any more about this, though, as TechnoZeus himself
seems to have understood the problem quite clearly, and I don't really
care about others trying to blur the concept of NNTP for no good reason.

KAH

technozeus

Nov 28, 2002, 7:43pm
Actually, if someone really feels you are doing that it is constructive of them to politely point it out to you. That way, you have the opportunity to look at how you said the things you said and decide if there is anything you can do in the future to reduce the chances of comming off that way. By the way, I also took your comments toward me as constructive. I just happen not to share the same viewpoint.

TechnoZeus