anduin // User Search

1  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  |

Just a nice big Q

Sep 11, 2002, 11:09am
An identity claiming to be known as "ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> scribed the following <3d7ef3c2$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at community:

>When the worst bugs have been fixed.

Yep, I'd much rather wait and get my monies worth. Rushing things and us getting a buggy program really wouldn't be worth it ;o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)

Cy Opening 7vrt Sept14 scrollback

Sep 15, 2002, 11:26pm
An identity claiming to be known as "jstone2004" <jstone_2004 at yahoo.com> scribed the following <3d8529be$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at community:

>to be honest, I don't see what the big deal is with how the Cy's are run. I
>think that we need to respect how they are doing things. Change is eminent,
>it can't be stopped, so we should just accept that change and work around
>it, giving them room to do what they have to do. If I hear any more arguing
>and accusing, I'm going to throw up.

I personally think it's very badly run and the CY Awards are not valid for this year. What's wrong with the webpage and setting up drop down menus for each nomination of each area, and when selected your AW Browser teleports to the location. I dunno, I'm not gonna bother this year myself.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Confused about Cy's voting

Sep 17, 2002, 11:06am
An identity claiming to be known as "swe" <swe at emptyco.com> scribed the following <3d8662a3 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>all voting has been reset, its now bot controlled, and to vote youve goto go
>somewhere in aw, cant remeber the coords lol

It's pathetic if you ask me. I'm not even gonna bother with them.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

NAC builds. Do you have a favourite?

Oct 1, 2002, 3:24am
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3d989585 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>1. You need to be a tourist
>2. The tourists can delete it X_X

1. You're given build privs for a time period and when needing to update.
2. No one can delete your builds ;o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

lost?

Nov 2, 2002, 8:45pm
An identity claiming to be known as "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> scribed the following <3dc42d6b at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>yes TZ I think more has been lost here than we even know you know exactly
>who made the mistakes and why and I don't want to go over it all again
>its old news :-) but documented for proof if I need it to send to
>special people who wont play mind games with me btw lets not forget im
>not the only one out here who disapproves of how all this went down
>shame has come out of all this for the CY the ppl involved and AW its self
>im sad to say

If you'd PLEASE stop changing the subject on the CY Awards threads I would be happy! I'm ignoring the threads and more keep coming!

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

The Game now offers live BINGO!

Nov 5, 2002, 6:22am
An identity claiming to be known as "maki" <maki at awmaki.com> scribed the following <3dc7137e at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>oh boy, so does awi.

Yeah, but you can win real money with that world apparently.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

The Game now offers live BINGO!

Nov 5, 2002, 7:54pm
An identity claiming to be known as "ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> scribed the following <3dc8451c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>You call Bill Gates a Good Lord??

Not everyone uses Outlook Express like yourself :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 11:30pm
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> spat out the following:

>I mean will the be any fixed limitation if u cant proove ur age online (or reserve the right not to)

You don't have to set a password if you don't want to. That option will be available for parents if they 'wish' to password protect their childs access to worlds.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

What would be the funny things for community members to say...

Nov 13, 2002, 8:57pm
"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> spat out the following:

>heh Cute. That reminds me... I need to write another Newbie Guide! :D

That would be good :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

U.S. won't support Net "hate speech" ban

Nov 15, 2002, 8:47pm
An identity claiming to be known as "binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> scribed the following <3dd53c99$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>WASHINGTON--The Bush administration said on Friday that it will not support a proposed treaty to restrict "hate speech" on the Internet.
>
>http://makeashorterlink.com/?N46523672

Well this does belong in 'general-discussion' :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

A!!CT has been renewed

Nov 24, 2002, 9:39am
An identity claiming to be known as strike rapier scribed the following news:3de017c9 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> I certainally hope so or ive been calling her the wrong gender for ages.. lol

NCC is a guy.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Many Thanks To Fenix

Nov 18, 2002, 6:42am
An identity claiming to be known as "equin0x" <xeroer at hotmail.com> scribed the following <3dd8736b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>A friend inside AWCOM says there has been some fraud going on. I would not
>be surprised if Fenix illegaly renewed the world.
>
>Fenix is 14/15.

Do not make assumptions without the facts; You will only start another flame war. Please keep such things private.
It is not right to accuse someone who has helped the community of fraud, just because it was a lot of money or of age.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Many Thanks To Fenix

Nov 18, 2002, 10:08am
An identity claiming to be known as "johnny b" <jbitt2ATjuno.com> scribed the following <3dd8d4bc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>You're way out of line there Equinox....... you've got no right accusing someone of something like that.... Some people can afford
>luxuries like this.
>What the hell would make you think it was ok to post that.......You owe the guy an apology.....

I agree fully with your statement.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Tourist access to Mafia.

Nov 18, 2002, 10:09am
An identity claiming to be known as "equin0x" <xeroer at hotmail.com> scribed the following <3dd8b0ce at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>Well, people post it, so do I.
>
>The world is also 3.4, it has handled chat and will soon be a rpg using a
>3.4 world plugin.

How did you afford Tourist access? It was fraud! <rolls eyes> ;o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 19, 2002, 4:22am
[View Quote] > The Customs Aide bot in AWNewbie is bad for business and an insult to many,
> and i suggest that its word list be broadened to exclude the slang words
> that are not offensive to any one, save a judgemental moralist.
>
> It is wrong to impose the morals of a select few from one country on others.
> The Customs Aide bot ejects for words that are totally acceptable in other
> cultures but the one that programmed it feels that everyone should adhere to
> his/her's own narrow minded view.
>
> If i was a tourist I would be VERY offended if i was ejected for such a
> trivial offence as some for which it ejects, and never bother to pay for
> citizenship in a narrow minded psuedomoralistic place.
>
> As well as it is just plain wrong to inflict the views of some onto others
> that do not share them. If a moralistic value is shared by the vast
> majority, fair enough.
>
> But when only a minority have the power to dictate morality to the many....
> that is WRONG.

I have to agree with you here. I've witnessed many users get ejected just for saying simple words as 'shit'. Now, the bot isn't able
to look at the context of what is being said (ie: oh shit, my build just got deleted!). Ok, so the word 'shit' isn't what you'd say
in a formal meeting and such, but it is said outside & in the general public. Especially here in Australia.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe - Ultimate Gorean Resource!

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 19, 2002, 4:27am
[View Quote] > I have to agree with you here. I've witnessed many users get ejected =
just for saying simple words as 'shit'. Now, the bot isn't able
> to look at the context of what is being said (ie: oh shit, my build =
just got deleted!). Ok, so the word 'shit' isn't what you'd say
> in a formal meeting and such, but it is said outside & in the general =
public. Especially here in Australia.

It figures, of course, that Outlook Express had to completely mess up my =
post, lmao. I wish to use Outlook so that I can do everything I need to =
do under 1 program instead of having to open up a Usenet reader and all. =
Sheesh <kicks Microsoft for being so stupid>.

--=20
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe - Ultimate Gorean Resource!
- http://www.anduin-lothario.com

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 19, 2002, 10:05am
An identity claiming to be known as "technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> scribed the following <3dd9e612$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in community:

>Not sure where it is in your version, but on mine, Tools --> Options --> Send... News Sending Format... Plain Text Settings... you can tell it how many characters to word wrap at. I have mine set to 32767 characters, to avoid that problem. Of course, on some old style news readers it may look better with the text pre-wrapped, so you decide.

Mine's Outlook Express 6.0 and it won't let me set further than 132 characters. Anyway, Forte Agent does it all for me so back to this; much better.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 19, 2002, 8:10pm
[View Quote] Alright, this should have fixed the issue I hope. And now I can use Outlook Express and not have to have 3 different programs open to do all this :o)

Thanks for the help Baron.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe
- http://www.anduin-lothario.com

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 21, 2002, 12:47am
An identity claiming to be known as dzap scribed the following news:3ddb0842 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> One program I can't live without is OE-QuoteFix
> The program reformats old quotes and color them for easy reading. Links
> are recognised and kept unbroken.

Hmm, I'm giving this program a little try. The maximum you can make your lines is 132 columns with this thing so I'm wondering how well this will work with my settings.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe
- http://www.anduin-lothario.com

Customs Aide Bot

Nov 29, 2002, 3:34am
Hey, we're both Aussie kellee, so don't get offended when I send everyone to: http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/australianwindows-DaveD123.jpg

Yep, that's us alright ;)

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Two New Games Available!

Nov 21, 2002, 1:20am
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3ddc25e0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Isn't there a problem for name that toon i.e. someone might not have the
> same download speed as another so they hear the music last :-\

Then what you do is create a room beneath everyone (no shift allowed and no object clicking) with all of the midi's you're going to be using. On top of all these sounds, have a null sound so that the midi's are not actually heard. This way, all music is pre-downloaded before you start playing. Oh, and you'd want your object path hidden using a php script of some sort.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Reporters & Commentators Needed

Nov 22, 2002, 7:04pm
An identity claiming to be known as strike rapier scribed the following news:3dde83ab at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Not really, however we have the point... AWEC dosent send post after post
> regarding events, I dont, AWTeen dosent... I think we all know about it, but
> enough is enough. The game this, the game that, im pritty sure that the Game
> needs to realise that the newsgroups are only the place to inform of large
> changes for things like events, constant posting about lil changes and events
> where he / she chooses the winner are not really the sort of thing the
> newsgroup should be filled with.

Mmmm, no, I'm not having any problems with his posts. This is the community newsgroup and he has every right to post here. Your e-mail program comes with a filtering option where you can filter anything that is posted by him; try that.

Now, if he were actually changing his username and e-mail every 2 days just to get an advertisement out, well, that's a different story isn't it?

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Newbie Guide to the Newsgroups (4th Edition)

Nov 28, 2002, 9:14pm
An identity claiming to be known as goober king scribed the following news:3DE5C9E3.5060800 at utn.cjb.net :

> Anduin - One of the local G-men, this self-proclaimed Scribe knows how
> to put a woman in her place, at least when he can tell the difference...

Mmmm, interesting, very interesting <rubs hands together with a grin>.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe
- http://www.anduin-lothario.com

Newbie Guide to the Newsgroups (4th Edition)

Nov 28, 2002, 9:15pm
An identity claiming to be known as strike rapier scribed the following news:3de665c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> You seriously need to reconsider your views on people coming from worlds
> directly effecting a persons posting habits (unless its AWTeen spam from 1 of
> the core). I thought you had more honour than that.

"Goober King - With a name like this, anyone who takes this guy seriously
is just asking for trouble."

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Expanding world Needs volunteers

Nov 28, 2002, 9:19pm
An identity claiming to be known as mrbruce scribed the following news:3de66b05$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> A!!CT World has been renewed and soon will be upgrading from a P-100 to a
> P-130, the user limit will be 100 users.

You won't reach the 100 limit. Might I suggest dropping it to around 30 users and making the world bigger, it will save you much money.

AWI will gladly raise your world limit to 100 (even 200) when you run major events for the community.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Good Bye

Dec 21, 2002, 9:12pm
An identity claiming to be known as zeo toxion scribed the following news:3e04ce3c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Heres the whole message for you again:
>
> "I know this ownt make any diffrence to many but please if any have time to
> vote in a non official vote on my second web site why you would leave aw.
>
> I am aware that many non related aw people do read these newsgroups. Vote
> and be heard. I know some allready have. Perhaps some might listen.
>
> Http://www.rdescape.co.uk"
>
> Now you tell me what the adress it :)

The address was too far down and only one line above all of the quotes. Should have had an extra space between the address and the quoting.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Good Bye

Dec 22, 2002, 9:08pm
An identity claiming to be known as poseidon scribed the following news:3e052baf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Personally I wouldn't leave AW for those reasons.. I guess im an addict :(
> The thing tying me is the community, and while people leave, a strong
> community is still around, and is much fun :)

I agree.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Good Bye

Dec 24, 2002, 8:38pm
An identity claiming to be known as maki scribed the following news:3e064d18 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

[View Quote] Ah, it depends on the newsreader and programs you're using along with it. My links are 'black'. Thanks for trying :)

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Public Apology Continued

Jan 15, 2003, 7:46pm
An identity claiming to be known as seiya faye scribed the following news:3e24c410$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Now, I am very very sorry for what I said that night, I did not mean it, I
> was very angry , and I get very angry sometimes, and I just exploded on the
> SW mayors. I have received many grams about how horrible I am, and it is
> true I am horrible, I received grams on about how I may have great building
> skills, but without humbleness, it is nothing, that also is true. However, I
> am not a monster so I ask for all of your forgiveness, I have overheard the
> people wishing that i was banished from AW, due to my rotten behaviour, that
> too is true, but please, forgive me, I have ah ard time with my anger and
> when it explodes, I regret everything.... If you care not to forgive me,
> then so be it, for I deserve it all.
> -love (try to at least)

Seiya, not many people in these NG's care about this topic. Please take it forth to the forums for SW City. Really, we don't care to know.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Bigger Better Path Hosting Available

Aug 26, 2003, 8:54am
[View Quote] How about the same price for all worlds no matter which size or how many
max. users it allows; I doubt it makes a difference.

Maybe set the monthly bandwidth limit for each world if you have such
control.

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource

1  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  |