Newsgroups (Community)

Newsgroups // Community

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 2:40pm
Hi everyone,

Over the last week or two several issues have erupted between members of the
community. This Newsgroup was not intended to be a place where names and
insults would be thrown back and forth. It is a community group and to me
that means people that are working/playing/communicating together with a
positive goal not a negative one.

I realize that there are always going to be missunderstanding between
people, and that not everyone will agree on how issues should be handled.
That being said, I also realize that by tearing others down no good results.

Several valued members of the community have actually called the office
because they are so disturbed and hurt by what is being said here in the
newsgroup. While I find it difficult to believe that anyone can be that
affected by posts here - especially since you can filter or ignore threads
or posters you do not like, I do know that people are being hurt deeply.
Since this is the case and since this is not the purpose of this group I
must ask you all to please refrain from the flame wars that are marring this
group.

While it is a very time consuming process to go through, read and delete
messages, we will being doing so to the best of our ability. If a post is
judged to be defamatory or immflamatory and of no real value it will be
deleted. I assure you some will be missed. Please ignore them. I can also
assure you that some non deserving posts will be deleted, for this I
apologize in advance.

If this newsgroup is of value to you please use it with respect for your
community.

Regards

ENZO

PS... It was a lot easier when you only flamed me and Cryonics ;)

antigone

Nov 6, 2002, 2:54pm
Thank you E N Z O:)

wizard myrddin hippyring@rdescape(dot)co(dot)uk

Nov 6, 2002, 2:57pm
Well stated there Enzo, lets hope all take notice.

:-)

"If a post is judged to be defamatory or immflamatory and of no real value
it will be deleted."
"I can also assure you that some non deserving posts will be deleted,"

oh, geee, does that mean i shouldnt bother post anymore?

Heh, maybe you guys should try going public again! Dust off that IPO and
give us something to complain about! :D

Seriously, though, we'll see how long this lasts. As I'm sure Facter can
tell you, serious moderation is a recipe for disaster in here. :P

Has to find someone else to pick on now :(
robrod at prism.net

daphne

Nov 6, 2002, 3:25pm
I was going to respond to your post here but I think, instead, that I will
e-mail you...

(*G* Got your filters on???)

Ah, thanks for the intervention E N Z O. Nice to see problems being resolved where it doesn't effect others.

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 3:48pm
Yeah, right now I am deleting individual posts... wait'll I get the
killthread command down.

:P

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 3:48pm
BTW...

Are there any particular threads that need killing?

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 3:49pm
Probably

:P

Woah... Don't look now, but ENZO actually *responded* to a post in here!
Does this mean we'll be seeing your beautiful face in here more often? ;)

Last time he asked this question, he was met with silence...
robrod at prism.net

binarybud

Nov 6, 2002, 4:00pm
we hope not.....he has much better things to do....;) like hiding more underwater treasures in NewAW...:)

[View Quote]

daphne

Nov 6, 2002, 4:04pm
Loaded question, there Rick.. You should be the one deciding that.. Not
the ppl in the community.. :o)

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 4:09pm
That is incorrect.

This is a community ng. You are the community. You all have been calling
me to get stuff deleted. I will delete obvious stuff. But, I am sure there
are several conscientous people here who are aware of threads that are about
topics I do not have any knowledge of which might need a mouthwashing.

It's up to you

:)

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Nov 6, 2002, 4:14pm
Any thread having do with opinions about communities that others are
against... if they dont like the community thats fine... but keep it to
themselves...
Last I heard AW was a free universe.. not an enslaved one to others
opinions... Goreans and reg AW worlds alike pay their hard earned monies to
come here... I think we ALL have the right to be here..

Last post yall will get from me on this issue... if that dosent state my
position.. nothing will..

Lady Gabrielle
[View Quote]

antigone

Nov 6, 2002, 4:19pm
Yes E N Z O...anything longer than 10 threads....lol

antigone

Nov 6, 2002, 4:22pm
If it's less time consuming for you E N Z O, you are welcome to delete
anything posted by AlphaBit Phalpha or Antigone:)
That should clear a few posts:)

daphne

Nov 6, 2002, 4:40pm
Ok then.. Close the thread titled "Close the newsgroups" :o)

Shall we search for individual posts that do nothing but flame and request
they too be deleted? I can point you to a few but you've probably already
got the worst ones...

Personally I think this whole subject was already on it's way out anyhow...
:o)

I felt most were to the point to where they were going to watch and see
which way AW Inc. (and the Cy Committee) will go on this "hot" issue...

Id Say...

Gor
Gor (Continued)
The truth about the CYs
Anything started by Technozeus or Linn regarding the CYs
Alphabits post regarding PPW stealing.

If you search for Gor etc you should find em all

wizard myrddin hippyring@rdescape(dot)co(dot)uk

Nov 6, 2002, 5:37pm
Good idea Enzo to just delete all messages then good discusions can be re
submitted. Then a lot of the ofending subbmittions will be removed.

This is except yours :-)

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Nov 6, 2002, 5:47pm
Agrees but thus far thats not the case ***huggs**

[View Quote] Well we both know the discontent that's present between Gors and the rest of the
community. I understand both's reasoning for it too... but there's nothing any of us
can do about it anymore besides have E N Z O delete our arguments. :P

--Bowen--

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 6:50pm
Actually something is being done. We are adding an improvement to the way
worlds are listed in the World list. The listing will be based on your
rating settings. The rating setting will have a password which will be
stored on our side.

This will mean that if your setting is PG, the worlds G and PG will show in
your tab. Worlds with a higher rating would not show unless you upped your
rating. Little Johnie couldn't up the rating unless he could confirm the
password Mommy and Daddy had set.

Hopefully, this will help the conflict that now exists. As I have pointed
out in several emails, AW already has in place features that allow the user
to self censor their experience. These include "mute" "mute-on-sight"
"block" and others. These features also exist in most news readers and
email programs.

The results always depend on your willingness to not involve yourself in the
things you do not like.

ENZO

[View Quote]

binarybud

Nov 6, 2002, 6:57pm
excellent! kudo's to AWI....:)

If I can suggest something. At the credit card submission page, have that be where
the Password is defined. As it will give parents more the opportunity to choose the
level of access then if you do it later on where the kid might not tell his parents.
It seems the only logical place for it and I hope this does help a little.

I don't mind the gors, but I don't like the gorean ideas. No offense to them. I
really don't want to get into detail as to what and why, but it's just my opinion.

Can we presume that passwords will require setting independantly so that those of us who are perfectly capable of visiting X / R rated worlds without problems can get into them without having problems?

wizard myrddin hippyring@rdescape(dot)co(dot)uk

Nov 6, 2002, 7:12pm
Well thought out Enz, we thought aw can do something and it proves that aw
does listen to the membership.

:-)

[View Quote]

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Nov 6, 2002, 7:14pm
thanks E N Z O :-)

He can do both....

Chris

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 6, 2002, 7:19pm
Nice suggestion.

BTW... next year... the CY Awards world will be required to maintain a
rating which will determined by its highest rated Nominee

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |