wizard myrddin hippyring@rdescape(dot)co(dot)uk // User Search

1  |

Newsgroup Email Harvesting

Nov 4, 2002, 8:14pm
You sound like you have done the same things as I have, creating email
accounts to particular places. All we do is report them as a matter of
course, this which proberly is done well before we get material.

On anti spame we use is the cloudmark program, this shares all spam you
recieve with other members on the network/Internet. so in the case if one
gets spam all are automatically informed of it and block set up.

Wiz
[View Quote]

Re: Just For Fun...

Nov 5, 2002, 7:42am
Noose

[View Quote]

Internet addiction

Nov 5, 2002, 8:10am
Reasons to Sign Off and Read a Book

1. A friend calls and says "How are you? Your phones have been busy
" -- for a year!!!!!

2. You forgot how to work the TV remote control.

3. You see something funny and scream, "LOL, LOL."

4. You meet the mailman at the curb and swear he said YOU'VE GOT MAIL

5. You sign off and your screen says you were on for 3 days and 45
minutes.

6. You fall asleep, but instead of dreams you get IMs.

7. You buy a laptop and a cell phone so you can have AW in your car.

8. Activeworlds calls YOU for help.

9. You beg your friends to get an account so you can "hang out."

10. You get a second phone line just to call out for pizza.

11. You purchase a vanity car license plate with your screen name on
it.

12. You say "he he he he" or "heh heh heh" instead of laughing.

13. You say "SCROLL UP" when someone asks what it was you said.

14. You sneak away to your computer when everyone goes to sleep.

15. You talk on the phone with the same person you are sending an
instant message to.

16. You look at an annoying person off line and wish that you had your
ignore button handy.

17. You start to experience "withdrawal" after not being online for a
while.

18. "Where did the time go??"

19. You sit on to activeworlds for 6 hours for that certain special
person to sign on.

20. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your
coffee.

21. You end your sentences with.....three or more periods.......

22. You think faster than the computer.

25. You enter a room and get greeted by 25 people with {{{hugs}}} and
**kisses**.

26. Being called a "newbie" is a major insult to you.

27. You're on the phone and say BRB.

28. Your teacher or boss recommends a drug test for the blood shot eyes.

29. Your answering machine/voice mail sounds a little like this...."BRB.
Leave your S/N and I^ll TTYL ASAP".

30. You need to be pried from your computer by the Jaws-of-life

(Reproduced from "jokesinthemail.com)

Roland

Nov 6, 2002, 11:56pm
wtg Roland, I hope to see you on line in the sims on line :-)

[View Quote]

MAFIA RPG - Jobs open

Nov 5, 2002, 7:47am
I hope you have consulted the activeworlds "Dons"

or they be round to kneecap yer

[View Quote]

MAFIA RPG - Jobs open

Nov 5, 2002, 11:41am
humm cant see any mention of nudes and gun's

[View Quote]

Close the newsgroups

Nov 5, 2002, 9:56pm
Personally the amount of trouble and allegations in these newsgroups which
seem to have poping in over the last few weeks I would welcome the
Newsgroups been totally closed down.

The only information I ever see is the odd thread about something
interesting, the rest is a set of "I think they did that" or your a bigot
etc.

What sort of example is this newsgroup showing people that might want to
join Activeworlds and thought "Hey I read the newgroup to see what the
members think"

I think aw would now be a better place if these newsgroups closed as it is
causing grief, upset, and people throwing false allegations.

Close the newsgroups

Nov 5, 2002, 10:05pm
If anybody is interested in closing newsgroups perhaps email
abuse at activeworlds.com

When members have to close worlds and consider leaving aw in disgust of
false allegations in these newsgroups after all the work they have done for
aw its time for it to close it.

[View Quote]

Close the newsgroups

Nov 5, 2002, 10:17pm
Yes, I remember words from a old 60's song that went something like "You
dont know what had till it was gone"

[View Quote]

Close the newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 6:57am
Yes I beleave Flagg is a extremely busy person these days and proberly does
not monitor the NG threads unlesss someone complains.

But what I strongly object against is the one or two that seem to use the
newgroup to project miss information only to discredit and try ruin
reputations for their own self egotistic reasons. Then laugh in the face of
the Community that they are perfect.

[View Quote]

Close the newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 12:34pm
Yes I can see your well reason input there, at least I've seen no false
allegations to discredit people and try and remove them from aw. If this is
respect its a bad day for aw.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 2:57pm
Well stated there Enzo, lets hope all take notice.

:-)

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 5:37pm
Good idea Enzo to just delete all messages then good discusions can be re
submitted. Then a lot of the ofending subbmittions will be removed.

This is except yours :-)

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 6, 2002, 7:12pm
Well thought out Enz, we thought aw can do something and it proves that aw
does listen to the membership.

:-)

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 7, 2002, 6:30am
After thinking about this situation and to keep all parties at peace there
is only on outcome that will keep all happy.

The awards should be in two

1. A cyaward that does not consist of any adult rated worlds.

2. A adult cyawards for all adult related theames.

This way all get what they want.

If you want something so bad, you have to give and take a little.

This issue is one that is controversial, I'm sure the adult worlds would be
only to happy to compete against each other. Yes its more work for these
involved, but if you want something so bad you have to give something.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 7, 2002, 9:27am
The only problem I see with this is that you are banning all teen from the
main cyaward presentations of which many teens would/might gain insperation.
and meet the older members of the community.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 7, 2002, 9:53am
well observed there, this is why I suggested the two sep awards, kid safe
and adult worlds.

Im very sure even the relevent worlds would welcome a awards event that can
cater to their theames. It not the point of exclusion it is inclusion into
something that can reflect tastes and somewhere they can all meet freely and
perhaps model and have avatars that also reflect their theames.

Plus teens do own worlds outside awteen

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 7, 2002, 10:06am
Its extereamly simple a new award catergary.

Best teen section

This includes all teen work into a section that proberly has been
overlooked, a section only where teens can be nominated. This I'm sure would
create some great work and really included teens/kids into the cyawards.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 7, 2002, 11:37am
I am more then sure one of the adult themed worlds that has web hosting
would only be to happy to host a adult awards schedule etc. Plus advertising
within their own worlds. But thats for TZ and the Cy Committee to decide if
they want.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups

Nov 8, 2002, 12:13am
On a personal note I would rather see teen as part of the community awards
together with all other non adult themed worlds. If teen worlds, and yes
there are some in aw are banned from a awards they have actively attended
and took part in since its conception to make way for adult worlds is a sad
reflection on the community. But has Enzo has stated you have one or the
other.

Not wishing to inflame anything or promote flamming or anything else.

If the teens are ousted from this event in favour of "Adult worlds" the
effect is all promotion must also by termed adult promotion and therefore
not allowed to be publically displyed in aw.

But what ever the outcome all aspects have to be considered and the effect
on the community and all its worlds.

[View Quote]

My Final Involvement with the Cys

Nov 8, 2002, 7:15pm
I don't think it matters how many want something , its what laws say must be
done. I don't think a judge would say "O its ok because its in aw" The added
parental controls that will be added is a step in providing what many
software houses are providing as standered if any software is rated beyond
child.

As I originally suggested two awards one for adult and one for everything
else.

These are issues that where overlooked this year in haste to get adult
worlds in.

[View Quote]

maki and Bits resolution:)

Nov 8, 2002, 7:28pm
No offence intended her.

I think there are 2 other people that where also accused, both might welcome
a apology, as both where accused in the same light.

[View Quote]

maki and Bits resolution:)

Nov 8, 2002, 7:46pm
Not really, a simple apology works wonders to heal things

[View Quote]

maki and Bits resolution:)

Nov 8, 2002, 8:30pm
And can you advise me who I have insulted?