anduin // User Search

1  ...  9  10  11  12  |

Off-Topic: Webpage Graphics...

Oct 8, 2004, 7:01am
[View Quote] Glad you like it.

Brucie is a frequent poster to alt.www.webmaster and alt.html on Usenet.
Strange character, great work ;o)

Anduin

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)

Program upgrades

Oct 7, 2004, 11:37pm
[View Quote] I personally thought the new browser updates were great. The new browser
look and feel are wonderful. Haven't yet been able to test streaming,
but as soon as my phone company gets to installing a PORT for my ADSL
access here, I'll be sure to test it all out.

> Not just patches, bug fixes or the mostly useless streaming media
> capabilities, but serious new features or new AWI worlds with decidedly
> unique or never before seen attributes?

So you don't want patches and bug fixes? Which is most important? I
would have thought patches and bug fixes to be #1 on anybodies priority
list.

> Are we destined to continue paying a moderately exorbitant yearly fee
> for a stagnant, outmoded, outdated program or is AWI going to step up
> and give its users something worthwhile in a timely manner?

The fee for ActiveWorlds is not much to ask for. ActiveWorlds will
always remain *ActiveWorlds*. You talk as if you want ActiveWorlds to
completely change and become something else other than *ActiveWorlds*.

I went to There Inc. for a while and thought "Wow, wonderful graphics
and wonderful features" - but got sick of it quite quickly. I mean, the
new building features, the voice chat and avatar customization and
animation is great, but AW remains AW. AW called me back after some time
for its originality and its community. AW is much more customizable for
the user, although custom avatars are not yet here, if you own your own
world, your limits of customization are pretty much endless.

ActiveWorlds has bots, scripting (in bots), .rwx models, textures and
more textures. Thanks to the community here in ActiveWorlds. And you can
use many of these things at no extra cost (except those that dedicate
their modeling skills to a business ;o))

If you mean updates like 3d engine and physics engines, then yes, I will
agree. I believe we were looking into that Quake engine a while ago, but
even now that is outdated. Wouldn't mind seeing physics like in Half
Life 2, Far Cry and Doom III now would we? But what are the costs of
such things?
Do you think they could afford such licenses with the current $6.95
monthly fee from every citizen?

> I'm not looking for childish, snide comments from the juvenile peanut
> gallery here either, but hopefully a response from someone employed by AWI.

You should have made this post private to AWI then, to their e-mail. Not
made it public by posting in a public Newsgroup :o)

Anduin

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)

Program upgrades

Oct 7, 2004, 11:38pm
[View Quote] Wonderful - cannot wait!

Anduin

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)

Tourist Building off in AW

Oct 11, 2004, 4:08pm
[View Quote] Tough one that. My opinion is that it doesn't deter tourists. It's more
of an incentive to register if anything.

If I was building and I invited my tourist friend over to my home and he
asked why he couldn't build with you or next to you, you can simply
reply with "Oh, sorry dude... I forgot that building here is restricted
to registered users. Just another reason why you should register and
join me here in AW."

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

Test

Oct 15, 2004, 10:37pm
Testing, newsgroups seem to be dead...

Oh, btw.. Name change from my nickname Anduin to my r/l name.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuël ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

Test

Oct 15, 2004, 10:41pm
[View Quote] Funny that, it hasn't updated my nick yet, haha.

Yours Sincerely,
Samuël ML Lison

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)
Contact Me: http://about.dreamcities.net/contact.html

DreamCty World Community Coming Soon!

Sep 8, 2005, 10:31pm
Hello all,

Some of you may remember me from a while back. Well, I have returned!

I am in the process of setting up a community website for my business
DreamCities.net (http://dreamcities.net) and am wishing to start up
the world DreamCty which is ready to go, I just need volunteers to run
it and get it going.

The world will start off as a P-40 size world with 5 simultaneous
users and grow as needed, funded by DreamCities.net.

I need to fill the following positions. Descriptions of each can be
found on each link I am providing.

o CareTaker http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_caretaker.html
o Architect http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_architect.html
o Object Designer http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_objects.html
o Avatar Designer http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_avatars.html
o OP Manager http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_op.html
o Bot Scripter http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_bots.html
o Security Team http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_security.html
o Support Team http://community.dreamcities.net/apply_support.html

You can view our community website at http://community.dreamcities.net

This world will be a building community world. Much like the cities
and towns you see within AW World, but this will be one giant city and
community in its own world.

We are going to try something different with this world, and hopefully
it'll work.

Please show your support :o)

Regards,
Anduin (317281)

DreamCty World Community Coming Soon!

Sep 9, 2005, 4:06pm
[View Quote] >Welcome back, Anduin. Where'd ya go, anyway? :D

Heh Heh. Well work, more work. World of Warcraft, and more work :P

Moved into my own place, bought my own car, more work. Try and run
internet business on side and more work?

Anduin
--
/-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=[DreamCities.net]=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\
ooO Professional Web Hosting & Design (http://dreamcities.net) Ooo

DreamCty World Community Coming Soon!

Sep 10, 2005, 12:05am
[View Quote] >How come the absolutely free no cost what so ever offer costs about 10
>bucks?

Hello Baro,

My apologies, thank you for pointing that out. I've updated that
portion of text.

I started charging $9.95 setup due to too many visitors signing up
more than one account, setting up spam/scam sites, porn sites and what
not.

The only way (besides spending all day monitoring free signup's) that
I could cut the rubbish out was to set that one off fee. Scammers
don't seem to like paying to make money.

Regards,
Anduin (317281)

World Owners Group

Sep 19, 2005, 11:05pm
[View Quote] >I have to agree that while the worldbuilders newsgroup is a handy tool, I
>think a more central and easier to access group would be a better asset to
>the community. After all, how many people even know the newsgroups exist,
>much less read them. Looks like the same small handful of people compared to
>the large AW community.
>
>Perhaps a worldbuilders forum would be more accessible, and allow better
>contact between world owners, as well as builders.
>
>I think you've got a great idea cooking here Heretik. I look forward to
>seeing what comes of it.

We can also set up a worldbuilders mailing list, like yahoo groups
has.

I am able to set one up if you think it will work.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Are we losing posts?

Sep 27, 2005, 9:11am
On 27 Sep 2005 04:00:35 -0400, "Strike Rapier" <markyr at gmail.com>
[View Quote] >I noticed some of the earlier posts are ending up as 'No longer on server' -
>whats happening with this? Does anyone who has Moozilla etc have this?

I'm using Forte Agent and nothing going wrong here. Just seems no one
is posting.

Scrolled up to 2003 posts and they downloaded fine.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

THE BIG AD

Oct 4, 2005, 8:28am
[View Quote] >aahahaha, that's fucking awesome! ^_^

Yeah, and it's all over our TV :)

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

FTP/OP Hosting Available via AWLife

Oct 8, 2005, 12:53am
On 7 Oct 2005 15:52:15 -0400, "hyperconx1" <wil at NOSPAMhyperconx.com>
[View Quote] >At the URL below you can get 300MB for $13.99 on a monthly plan. Or $8.99
>per month on a 6 month plan. Neither has a setup fee. All plans include the
>Mambo Sitebuilder (used to build awlife), email, FTP, MySQL and all the
>other typical hosting goodies. Coming soon.... world hosting as well.
>
>http://www.hyperconx.com/
>
>Sorry to step on your toes, but dude .... your prices are high.

My business DreamCities.net offers 300mb space with 5gb Bandwidth for
$6.00 a month with no setup fees.

My largest personal plan costs $25.00 a month for 1.5gb Space and 20gb
Monthly Bandwidth. http://business.dreamcities.net/personal.html

Business plans start at $10.70 a month for 100mb space with 10gig
bandwidth to $188 a month for 4gb space and 180gb Bandwidth. Our
business plans come with many more features however.
http://business.dreamcities.net/business.html

No, I do not host on personal computers sitting around at home. This
is my legitimate business with Dedicated Servers.

http://www.dreamcities.net

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Stop changing the subject

Oct 8, 2005, 6:53am
Ok?

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Help on World.

Oct 23, 2005, 9:22am
[View Quote] >ty for your help.

>Perhapse i'll just get someone to host it... i cant think of what it could
>be. as I've set up the permissions and forwarding as andras hinted.

I am using iinet.net.au but am using a Draytek Wireless Router.

Try setting the DMZ Host settings to point to your PC. That way all
ports are automatically forwarded to your PC no matter what.

Just be sure to use a software firewall on your PC instead ;o)

Works fine here, so it's not iinet.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Help on World.

Oct 23, 2005, 11:49pm
[View Quote] >What part of Australia are you in?

I'm in Melbourne, Vic

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

AwGames

Oct 29, 2005, 8:52am
On 27 Oct 2005 16:11:29 -0400, "Strike Rapier" <markyr at gmail.com>
[View Quote] >I only count 24 source lines, the rest headers o_0

25 lines on Forté Agent ;o)

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

New World - Now Hiring Lead Programmer(s)!

Nov 2, 2005, 8:52am
[View Quote] >Hello, Vera!

>Below, an email we just sent to someone within the AW community. Perhaps
>this will calm everyone's fears. :)

May I have a crack at who you are?

Judging by your headers in private mail as well as newsgroup postings
I've come to the conclusion you may be 'Arcanum'.

Subjects:
AW as a standalone viewer? (435bd3ca$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com)
I was misunderstood entirely! (43606d44$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com)
New World - Now Hiring Lead Programmer(s)!
(43641328$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com)

Hope I didn't ruin anything? Considering your NNTP Posting Hosts are
exact the same with same customer IP addresses :P

Howdy Arcanum!

Now that we know WHO you are... What next?

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

New World - Now Hiring Lead Programmer(s)!

Nov 2, 2005, 9:15am
[View Quote] Oh, your world Arcanum seems to be pretty nice and RPG like ;)
http://www.arcanum3d.net/bb

And who's Coree? Long time AW Cit (156809)

Open up :D

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

OneSummer

Oct 31, 2005, 10:14pm
[View Quote] >Andras is going to have a heart attack in this thread! ;)

And I've already had one :o(

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

OneSummer

Nov 19, 2005, 10:31pm
[View Quote] >I understand your pain KRM .. OS was a long time friend of mine from the
>time i immigrated as a matter of fact .. but when i was Managing AWR, it was
>this type of behavior that ended my time at AWR and injured my friendship
>with OS. and as Titania stated, there is no other place to vent about this
>stuff.. if you try to talk to OS about these things, she acts innocent like
>she doesn't know what you are talking about or acts like she didn't know
>what she did was wrong. This is a ploy, don't buy into it.
>
>OS has many redeemable qualities and can be a very good friend, however it's
>this type of behavior that generally kills a good thing.

Guys, would you QUIT it already. The forums here aren't for discussion
about ONE person but about the community in general.

Post about topics, not people!

There are other places to 'vent' about it - grow up; this is not the
place.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

DreamCty World Update

Oct 31, 2005, 3:14am
Hello All,

Just a post to let everyone know the DreamCty World Project is going
smoothly.

We aren't going to give out any details yet but we are almost ready to
accept a small team of beta testers to put our features through the
test.

Stay Tuned!

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Skype

Nov 3, 2005, 4:39am
On 2 Nov 2005 19:52:33 -0500, "Tart Sugar" <tartsugar at comcast.net>
[View Quote] >Yep. I got a worm warning from Norton.
>I, too, D/L'd Skype from their web site.
>I immediately uninstalled Skype.

When did you download skype?

If only recently, someone must have uploaded an infected version of
Skype to their servers; whether an insider or not is a different
question.

I am and have been using Skype for some time now, no warnings.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Finally some activity

Nov 3, 2005, 4:39am
Wow, it's good to see the NG's get some activity for once.

It actually took me 15 minutes to read through all the new postings!

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Help!!

Nov 7, 2005, 12:52am
[View Quote] >not sure if this might help, but on my keyboard, i have an F Lock button,
>which changes the function of the print screen button to the insert button.
>maybe its similiar with your keyboard?

Ah yes. I have the F Lock button too. Gets annoying sometimes when
using ActiveWorlds while attempting to display the cell grid using F10
(instead it will open and close the built-in web browser window).

Is there a way to make the F Lock key automatically go on upon
starting windows with the MS Desktop Elite Keyboard?

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

GTA models?

Nov 12, 2005, 2:58am
[View Quote] >hey, posting this for Bowen:

[View Quote] Ok, let's expand on this.

What if you were developing a free game for people to play with the
use of Rockstars models?

Would they then not be losing money, although you are making the game
for free use?

And, how much money did they have to spend to get those particular
models created for them, for use within the game?

Yes, either way is a loss of money to them and is copyright
infringement; even if the use is not for profit.

You must have express permission to use their models in your 3D world
in writing, before doing so or you are indeed liable.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Ridiculous Bot

Nov 9, 2005, 4:25am
[View Quote] >Seems childish to impose such censorship, IMO =\

I will second that.

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

Ridiculous Bot

Nov 9, 2005, 4:26am
On 8 Nov 2005 17:26:18 -0500, "Strike Rapier" <markyr at gmail.com>
[View Quote] [View Quote] Agree

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)

--
Immigrated Monday, May 8th 2000
DreamCty World Coming Soon! (http://community.dreamcities.net)

World Reopens for Holidays

Nov 26, 2005, 9:05am
[View Quote] >The world Mt Hope is now open for the holidays and will remain open until
>January 8, 2006. Some changes are still in progress. Visit often and Happy
>Holidays! :)

That is "MtHope" just incase you guys didn't figure it out ;o)

Best Regards,
Anduin (317281)