anduin // User Search

1  ...  8  9  10  11  12  |

Bigger Better Path Hosting Available

Aug 27, 2003, 6:41am
[View Quote] Don't just say NOPE to drop, say no thank you.

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource

New AWNewbie Website!

Sep 14, 2003, 3:13am
Hello All,

AWNewbie has a new website for all Active Worlds users to take advantage of.

Get a free at awnewbie.com e-mail forwarding alias and get yourself 5mb of
free webspace while you still can.

Check it all out at http://www.awnewbie.com (newbie pages). Also available
are POP3 e-mail addresses as well as professional web hosting for your more
serious needs.

Sincerely,
Anduin

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource (http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans (http://www.gorhost.com)

New AWNewbie Website!

Sep 14, 2003, 8:12am
[View Quote] There are none, that's why it's allowed ;)

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

New AWNewbie Website!

Sep 14, 2003, 7:16pm
[View Quote] Wow Brock, that was *the* smartest thing I've heard in a lifetime :)

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

Oriox3D - A New 3D Modeling Resource

Sep 18, 2003, 7:53pm
[View Quote] Hi Robbie,

Your page looks great. Thanks for the wonderful resource and for making our
community a better place.

Regards,
Anduin

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

Oriox3D - A New 3D Modeling Resource

Sep 18, 2003, 10:50pm
[View Quote] Not only that, but the objects and textures used look magnificent. It is
unfortunate that I no longer own a world to use these objects in.

Regards,
Anduin

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

America is now open to building

Sep 23, 2003, 4:44am
[View Quote] Cool ciena! Are tourists able to enter America? And if not, will they be
permitted entrance and have a building space of their own somewhere in
America for their fun and practice?

Regards,
Anduin

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource (http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans (http://www.gorhost.com)

America is now open to building

Very cool, thanks for letting me know :o)

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource (http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans (http://www.gorhost.com)

Image Merror Script

Sep 24, 2003, 10:04pm
[View Quote] And also should not be posted on the Active Worlds forums for that same
reason.

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

Image Merror Script

Sep 25, 2003, 12:28am
[View Quote] Never said he should. Not everyone has the same codes in their life.

It's simply common sense and common courtesy.

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

Image Merror Script

Sep 25, 2003, 8:56am
[View Quote] MrBruce,

Please calm down, hit a few returns and give us some breathing space with
some paragraphs.

You're completely wrong when you said the things above. Other people *can*
view your web site as well as images. The only restriction is that the
person viewing it *must* be viewing it from that page and not from another
source and not just a straight URL to an image.

Tripod is for web pages, not for FTP hosting of photo's. If you want
photo's, you can use MSN's photo sharing communities for such business.

your complaining MrBruce.

You use to be such a different person a few months ago, and now you seem to
have turned completely into a 12 year old, female child.

--
Anduin
- GoreanScribe - The Ultimate Gorean Resource
(http://www.goreanscribe.com)
- GorHost - Cheap & Reliable Hosting for Goreans
(http://www.gorhost.com)

Image Merror Script

Sep 26, 2003, 8:13pm
On 26 Sep 2003 15:10:02 -0400, "john" <johnf at 3d-reality.com> attempted to scribe the following words:

>Then ur using less of their bandwidth

No, you're still using their bandwidth, because you're still using their *hosting* <wink>.

--
Anduin (317281)
- 5mb FREE Webhosting at http://www.awnewbie.com/freehosting.html

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 4, 2003, 6:43am
On 2 Oct 2003 21:45:51 -0400, "crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net> attempted to scribe the following words:

>The owner and residents of the Spiral Matrix universe would like to invite
>everyone from the other universes to take the Halloween Challenge.

<snip>

Hello,

I'd like to add something to this about the argument people have with posting about other universes.

Well, considering only 'AW' citizens have access to the newsgroups and citizens from 'other' universes cannot post here, what is the point of posting advertisements about other universes here?

Newsgroup support when you're an owner of a universe does not mean newsgroup advertising, simply support. Meaning that you can ask questions to the general user base and hopefully get your problems resolved.

Sincerely,
Anduin

--
- Free webhosting, e-mail addresses, chat and much more at http://www.DreamCities.net
- Professional hosting and POP3 emails also available. Check link above!

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 4, 2003, 9:46pm
On 4 Oct 2003 09:11:05 -0400, "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> attempted to scribe the following words:

<snip>
>I think support include much more than just raw technical questions. I am
>not pro spam, but if someone is asking for support, in a form of
>participation in an event, it should not be forbidden; especailly in the
>general.discussion.
<snip>

This was cross posted in both community and general.discussion.

Those of us who do not have cits in 'Spiral Matrix' cannot participate in this halloween event to win.

What happened to the good old hunts here in Active Worlds btw?

Sincerely,
Anduin

--
- Free webhosting, e-mail addresses, chat and much more at http://www.DreamCities.net
- Professional hosting and POP3 emails also available. Check link above!

the GKs again...

Dec 21, 2003, 7:43pm
On 21 Dec 2003 14:42:19 -0500, tart sugar wrote the following message
<3fe5f79b at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Yeah - that's one thing that gets my knickers in a knot. Nowhere in the
>guidelines are you warned about posting .exe urls. >: /

Problem is, by the time the bot has ejected you the URL is already out
to the public. So what is the point of the bot actually ejecting you and
leaving it at that?

Would it not be better if the bot automatically sent a message in bold
or colour to the public warning that accepting or downloading files from
someone you do not know is dangerous and may contain viruses. As well as
perhaps ejecting that individual who posted the URL - although a little
over the top.

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)

the GKs again...

Dec 23, 2003, 10:11pm
On 21 Dec 2003 17:21:21 -0500, tart sugar wrote the following message
<3fe61ce1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Exactly. It's already "out there". I still think the chat in The Gate needs
>to be on a 5 second delay so the bot can catch crapola like that before it
>gets "out there".
<snip>

Perhaps the global chat feature should be enabled in AWGate with a bot
filtering all messages before spitting them back out - Like they've done
in NewAW.

My 9 year old brother uses AW and has been to a world KidZone I believe?
I forget the name. Anyway, I believe they use this exact technique and
filter swear words. If they were to swear their word would be replaced
by another funnier word and they would not be ejected for accidentally
swearing.

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

DOGHOUSE~!

Dec 21, 2003, 5:10am
On 21 Dec 2003 00:40:39 -0500, 77 wrote the following message
<3fe53257$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I guess its because I don't go around trying to pickup on every "alleged"
>female in AW

Neither does AlaskanShadow, she is female from what I gathered and saw
(or so we hope).

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

Notice of name change.

Dec 21, 2003, 9:28am
On 21 Dec 2003 05:08:05 -0500, lady barbara wrote the following message
<3fe57105$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Congratulations, Seiya, for deciding to stick to one name and be proud of
>it! I hope to see many more Starbuilds by Seiya in the future!

Me too :o)

Seiya, you know me - You've shown me around a few times and I've enjoyed
your builds.

You are right that AW is an online game and you are free to be as you
please; just play it safe and let others know ;o)

Hope to see more of your wonderful builds in the future.

Best Regards,
Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

Deleting NG Posts

Dec 27, 2003, 7:48pm
On 27 Dec 2003 14:10:58 -0500, daphne wrote the following message
<3fedd942 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>"....we tried to tell her to stop doing the GKs job when a GK was on duty."
>
>This program started in 1995, around June or July I believe... The GKs as
>an organization didn't start till near the end of 1997... Would you like
>to guess who did "the GKs job" before there were GKs???
<snip>

Well said Daphne, well said!

Sincerely,
Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

Deleting NG Posts

Dec 28, 2003, 8:44pm
On 28 Dec 2003 15:43:28 -0500, tart sugar wrote the following message
<3fef4070 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

<snip>

>It never did bother me when others answered. Heck - if somebody else was
>more knowlegable about certain subjects - go for it. You are missing my
>point. Ppl who feel the need to do the GKs job, e.i. warning ppl that they
>are not staying within the G rated guidelines of The Gate, to stop flooding,
><whatever>, was my problem. I have always found that when Cits, (not GKs)
>warn a tourist in The Gate, a fight breaks out. The tourist wanted to know
>by what RIGHT the non-GK had to warn them of anything. Then it is up to the
>GK on duty to restore peace. Not an easy job by then.
<snip>

I'm sorry, but I am missing the point here. Since when does a *new*
tourist know the difference between a GateKeeper and a regular citizen.
They do not know what the *bold* writing signifies nor what rights this
mysterious bold person has. What is eject? Some come to AW with no
previous chatting experience.

I see no problem in a regular citizen asking a new tourist to stop
flooding and telling them exactly *what* they are doing wrong and that
it is annoying and could result in being kicked out of the public chat
room.

I feel that you were perhaps a little power hungry and loved your
rights, perhaps a little too much ;o)

Sincerely,
Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

<no subject>

Dec 28, 2003, 7:18am
On 28 Dec 2003 00:19:18 -0500, lioness. wrote the following message
<3fee67d6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>ahem,.. if you scroll down a little more you'll see that General Discussion
>group has been deleted 0_0

ahem, you'll notice kellee was talking about the Community Newsgroup in
fact - "youll notice the message i got when i tried to post ( re:
General Discussion in the Community NG )"

;o)

Anduin
--
,,,,,
(o o)
*----------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo----------------------------*
| o DreamCities - Fast & Reliable Hosting |
| o http://dreamcities.net - 5mb FREE Hosting also available! |
| *!* Reply to: anduin at dreamcities.net |

VWTV and their so called "factual information"

Sep 29, 2004, 5:10am
[View Quote] Do I smell as *sniff* *sniff*... Troll?

Oh, also not sure if the NOTE on top of that page was posted before or
after your thread, but it states that the website has nothing to do with
VWTV?

Anduin

VWTV and their so called "factual information"

Sep 29, 2004, 6:25am
[View Quote] > Well strike, its really not about religion,.its about labeling people you
> don't know. My original post was made with the assumption that there was a
> nature of seriousness to this considering that it was on a server that
> represents a supposed source of valid information

<snipped>

I offer free hosting and sub domains on my servers. Does this mean that
what users wish to display on their own private accounts, on their own
section of my business website, that it is a bad image for my business
when they are free to their own opinions?

Provided they are not hosting porn, hacking content and the likes that is.

What is on an individual sub domain, does not make it part of the main
website.

ie: www.vwtv.org is separate from rb.vwtv.org is it not?

Anduin

VWTV and their so called "factual information"

Sep 29, 2004, 8:56am
[View Quote] <snip>

Oh, sorry. My idea of a troll is someone who doesn't read or care about
any other posts but when something comes up they just post one thread,
and only care about that thread. No longer to be heard from again; until
something else pops to mind.

Anduin

Gaps in latest Alphaworld objects... (WARNING: A PNG images files attached)

Oct 2, 2004, 5:57am
[View Quote] What does that matter?

I use a news reader which has quick shortcut keys.

I press the *N* key to skip to the next unread message and the file
starts to download... Deal :o)

Anduin

Gaps in latest Alphaworld objects... (WARNING: A PNG images files attached)

Oct 2, 2004, 6:55am
[View Quote] It makes perfect sense.

If I am reading a topic up further up in the newsgroup and I hit *N* to
read the next thread, it scrolls down for me automatically and opens the

The best way to show files is to upload them to a server and give
readers a link to download or view the file from.

Eep, where has your good ole' days bickering gone? You'd normally jump
at this thread and rip out your claws!

Anduin

Sale of DreamlandPark Universe

Oct 2, 2004, 9:04pm
[View Quote] Universes are very well a part of the general Active Worlds *community*,
just as are world announcements.

They are all a part of the same base software and allows people to
communicate in different areas ;o)

Anduin

AWTeen Changes

Oct 5, 2004, 5:36am
[View Quote] Very well done job Chanty. We hope you will continue to help the
community and the new users of Active Worlds ;o)

Anduin

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)

Off-Topic: Webpage Graphics...

Oct 7, 2004, 9:23am
[View Quote] Actually, DreamWeaver is a great program to use if you have the cash to
hand over for it. The code view is terrific, with colour coding and much
more. It's easy to set up CSS styles with DreamWeaver also.

If you are learning HTML though, start purely with Notepad (or another
basic text program which colour codes your html).

Once you know HTML, you can start to use programs such as Frontpage,
DreamWeaver and any other WYSIWYG editor, because with HTML skills, you
are able to format the rubbish programs like Frontpage make, and produce
a really good site out of it.

--
DreamCities.net - A Community for All (http://www.dreamcities.net)

Off-Topic: Webpage Graphics...

Oct 7, 2004, 11:22pm
[View Quote] http://usenetshit.info is a great site to visit if you wish to learn
CSS. Brucie is a terrific coder in HTML, CSS and PHP.

For example, visit some of his pages and go to 'View Source'... Enjoy!