anduin // User Search

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  |

Someone doing AWC's advertising for them?

May 13, 2002, 9:53pm
I know you do, and it was an accident with outlook express.

Now if you could only reply with something descent in the body.

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281

Someone doing AWC's advertising for them?

May 14, 2002, 10:23pm
Ah, thanks. That's a good game too :)

[View Quote]

Brant's paintball bot is full of errors

May 4, 2002, 9:02pm
mrbruce's worlds are huge.

[View Quote]

Flawed Logic?

May 7, 2002, 3:12am
And some people have dial up.

[View Quote]

External browser CGI teleporting on Windows XP

May 8, 2002, 9:44pm
Shouldn't be too much of a problem if the steps are explained accurately
that only someone stupid could mess it up.

[View Quote]

3.3 Feature list

May 17, 2002, 2:40am
Anyway know if Custom Avatars will be implemented into this new version?

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Password theft

May 15, 2002, 10:00pm
Ok, so we know the average computer users could get it from someone else by
them being stupid enough to give their password.
But if this guy knows how to hack into someone elses machine, I would advise
something to you...

NEVER have your passwords on REMEMBER.
All they need to do is get your aworld.ini file which would have inside it
the following:

name=Anduin
pass=9bz80c221eaf9g0937246e
(NOTE, I scrambled and changed the pass, don't bother)

All they need to do from there is copy those 2 lines into their OWN
aworld.ini file or simply use that one, and they have your account! They
don't need a special program to unscramble the letters and numbers, they
just need to place it in a aworld.ini file... It's much like people do to
get others MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ passwords.

I guess another thing to say would be not to give anyone out there your
aworld.ini files if you save passwords or even privilege details, cause it's
all in there.

Ok, so the script kiddies that read this post have learnt a new way to get
details, so what, this will teach those that don't know how to protect their
account to NOT SAVE PASSWORDS!

I have more to say:

> rypp wanted to write to this newgroup himself about the theft - but since
he
> no longer had any identity or password he wasn't allowed.

I never thought the newsgroups were so fast at changing details to log in...
Especially under 1 day... You can get your account expired from AW and still
post in the groups for a few more days, sometimes more than a week.

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Password theft

May 15, 2002, 11:47pm
Actually, you can. I've done it with my sisters account, works well.
She has AW in a seperate folder on the network, got her ini file, copied
those 2 lines, and logged in as she had remembered password.

I did this as a test, warned her to stop remembering her password, so
obviously this 3.2 feature doesn't do much work.

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
[View Quote]

Password theft

May 16, 2002, 10:05am
My question on Hotmail is "What is my Pets Name?" And my answer would happen
to be something like lkhfglkj3lkjqlkjfdlkjq4lkj34
I don't even know what it is...
I simply don't forget my passwords...

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Password theft

May 16, 2002, 9:22pm
Hey,

> uh, you said on the network, it wouldn't happen to be on the same
> HD/machine, would it?

Well, I have 2 other PC's connected to this one. But I also have Windows XP
and had two installations of ActiveWorlds 3.2 with seperate cache's,
contacts, aworld.ini and everything. Windows XP allows you to do such if you
know how without making both programs screw up ;)

That may explain though, why the aworld.ini file worked?
I guess it just doesn't work on seperate computers and hard drives eh? Good
enough :)

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Password theft

May 17, 2002, 9:25pm
Hi,

My ISP hosts my mail and domain (anduin-lothario.com), what he does to
protect me is basically oinly allow people connected to the ISP to access
the e-mail. So if someone does happen to guess a password, they would have
to be connected to that ISP. The only downfall with this technique, is if
I'm somewhere else around the world, which I soon will be as I am moving, I
would not be able to access the mail server. Hopefully he fixed that feature
for my mail, so that I can access it upstate.

--
Anduin
Citizen 317281
http://www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Neverwinter Nights Toolset

May 21, 2002, 1:25am
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "canopus" <canopus-aek2 at email.msn.com> scribed the
following:
[View Quote] Player built worlds? Since when was AW a game?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Problem

Jul 4, 2002, 12:06pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "absolute monarch"
<ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> scribed the following:
>Dear All,
> I dont seem to be able to read posts from Community,
>General.discussion and bots. Nothin is updating, all i see r posts which
>have been posted before. If u r wondering how im posting this, im just
>testing this out, i have no idea if this will get to u!
>
>Yours Faithfully,
> Absolute Monarch
> 338508
> Mayor of Sapphire Estates AW 18000s 16000w

Yeah, we got it ;)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Problem

Jul 4, 2002, 9:20pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "scooby doo" <sc00by600 at hotmail.com> scribed the
following:
>Hi;
>In the last few days , I have found that things from the news groups here
>have taken alot longer to load. I've had to open and close then open my
>Outlook Express a few times to get it to update ( not really sure if that
>really helped )...then I could open several new posts, then all of a sudden
>I would have to fiddle around like above to be able to open the remaining
>posts....strange..maybe the server has been a bit slow lately....actually I
>think this all started happening when NG survivor 2 started...maybe more
>people logging on to the news group...hmmm...

Newsgroup works fine all the way here in Australia. Maybe your
internet connection or your newsreader.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Outer Worlds

Jul 6, 2002, 10:44pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "padfoot" <AWPadfoot at hotmail.com> scribed the following:
>What is he trying to gain by saying that Outerworlds is a friendlier place?
>If it is, wouldn't they have their own news.outerworlds.com he could post
>this to?
>
>- Padfoot

I have a cit in Outerworlds and CybernetWorlds... Both are not even in
use. Both universes don't meet up to the community of AW, the amount
of worlds you can explore, and the fun!

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

AWLD independent director vote results?

Jul 12, 2002, 10:37pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "eep" <eepNOSPAM at tnlc.com> scribed the following:
>Wow, so long to Rick and JP!
>
>"Messrs. McCormick and Noll immediately resigned as officers and directors and terminated their employment agreements effective immediately;"
>
>Cool! Now maybe AW will actually start GOING somewhere!

Or this means the end of AW? We'll see what happens...

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Is $6.95 per month tough on kid cits?

Jul 21, 2002, 4:25am
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following:
>*smack* It's the only world with some politics (likes politics).

Are you sure about that comment?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Weebo's Birthday Party Today!

Aug 3, 2002, 10:54pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identity claiming to
be known as "alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> scribed the
following:
>Ya'll are invited to Weebo's Birthday party today at 4pm vrt:)
>aw 16001.52S 29000.12W 0.10a 0
>Please come for a great time!:)
>Hugggs:)
>Bit:)

A bit late to let us know that huh? If it had of been said a day or so
in advance I would have seen this message before waking up :) That's 4
am for me.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

cys

Aug 20, 2002, 2:36am
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identity claiming to
be known as "pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> scribed the
following:

>Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Don't know why this wasn't posted in private e-mail in the first
place...

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

cys

Aug 23, 2002, 10:15am
An identity claiming to be known as "pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> scribed the following <3d65b21d at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Besides, if you READ the post, I believe you would've discovered/noticed
>that the keywords are "Was Just Curious".

Yep... So if you were curious, you would've e-mailed in private, no?

>Geez....Must we be so FORMAL about EVERYTHING???? *sheesh!*

Simple common sense...

It's addressed to Kellie, shouldn't it be e-mailed to Kellie?
'Was just curious' doesn't give any clue as to why it might have been sent to the newsgroups.

End of argument.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Streaming MP3 for those interested...

Aug 18, 2002, 11:35pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identity claiming to
be known as "yanst" <ayansta at hotmail.com> scribed the following:

>Do you have an area for folks that have download and processor speeds of 3
>years ago? Downloading an MP3 is quite a big deal for some of us. When you
>have heavy rwx and texture stuff all around, it makes it nearly impossible.

I believe that is why they are 'activate URL' and not 'activate
sound'.

Which opens up a separate browser window for you and doesn't load the
mp3's whilst you're browsing the world, unless you decide to open them
yourself.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Bad News! :-(

Aug 24, 2002, 3:27am
An identity claiming to be known as "goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> scribed the following <3D6702C0.10003 at utn.cjb.net>:

>Hope the crazy freak gets better. Nobody should have to endure that. :-/

Give him a break, at-least he's proving himself and admitting he has a problem AND on top of that, he's taken the step of getting more help to fix it.

Calling him a freak really was uncalled for.

>Curious that he sent it only to you, though. Do you even know him that
>well? I know he has my email address, so if he wanted me to get it, he
>could have just sent it to me directly...

And if Dion knows JFK2 a little more than others it makes it a bad thing?

I am, personally, friends in a way with JFK2. I wouldn't say I hold him to the highest respect because some things said are just not my subject at all. But when he does put his mind to it, he has some useful things to say. Yes, he's sick minded sometimes, ok, everyone knows this. But lets hope the treatment makes him better, and congratulate him for taking the right step. Because obviously, he's taken it into his mind, and has admitted to his problem, which isn't even HIS fault. He's not a drug addict, it's more a defect he's had to grow up with through his whole life; some people must come to understand this.

Calling someone a freak because they happen to be different is way off the charts, people would expect more from someone up there in the 'community'.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Shankahtus in Gor

Aug 29, 2002, 10:14pm
An identity claiming to be known as "johnny b" <uniquectAToptonline.net> scribed the following <3d6df89d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Well, the way I see it, When someone's an arrogant obnoxious jerk, you no longer do business with
>them......
>
>Pretty simple, don't you think ....

Well, to me it seemed as if he was selling his avatars as they were already and at a nice and easy price. He started raising it because of customizing each avatar which requires more work put into them.
He doesn't seem to want 'thoughts' on his work as he sells them as is, and if you wish them to be customized he adds more of a price to them for the work, which was reasonable.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

hot cloud?

Aug 31, 2002, 11:22pm
An identity claiming to be known as "ncc 72897" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> scribed the following <3d7075de at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I suggest you get lost from the NG if that is the way you reply to him for
>no reason when he was just stating facts. It's people like YOU who need to
>go to hell, for sure!

You seem to have something for 'hell'. I don't think people get offended by you telling them to go to hell. Come on now, you can think of something better and more effective than that now boy :)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

hot cloud?

Aug 31, 2002, 11:24pm
An identity claiming to be known as "goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> scribed the following <3d712db7 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>You certainly seem to have an odd fixation with hell, don't you? It
>always struck me as ironic that the people who shout about people going
>to hell too much are usually the ones that are probably better
>candidates for the trip than the people they're yelling at. :P

Damnit, are we thinking the same thing here? I just posted about him and his liking for the word 'hell', and here I come past your post which you already mentioned it. DOH!

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

hot cloud?

Aug 31, 2002, 11:25pm
An identity claiming to be known as "m0e" <m0e at attbi.com> scribed the following <3D70CBBA.3D62AA9E at attbi.com>:

>if you find this to be such a big problem, just eject them, and set a long
>expire date.
>
>from what I know of such things, they cant do any real harm :-)

And with the Caretaker having access to the computer ID (except apparently to those using AOL for some reason??) they can be banned effectively.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

hot cloud?

Sep 9, 2002, 2:25am
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3d7c0b40$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>nt

Grrr, what's the point of this post?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

AWC hoaxes

Sep 7, 2002, 1:05pm
An identity claiming to be known as "kellee" <kellee at my.activeworlds.com> scribed the following <3d79a706 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>I don't know if any one else is receiving these or is it just me because of
>the awuniv? Both came with attachments which I rather suspect contain a
>virus and they are not the first I have received by a long chalk. Needless
>to say, i didnt open the attachments to find out.
>
>Someone out there thinks its funny to use AWC addresses for mischief?
>
>From: cof <cof at activeworlds.com>
>To: awu at awcommunity.org
>Subject: Hi,the Garden of Eden
>
>From: activeworlds <activeworlds at nightshift.de>
>To: awu at awcommunity.org
>Subject: A IE 6.0 patch
>
>Hello,This is a IE 6.0 patch
>I wish you would enjoy it.

You're getting the Win32.Klez.H worm virus. The most popular Virus around today :o)

Nothing to worry about though.

I found this out at http://www.vet.com.au/html/zoo/local/zoo_descriptions/klezh.htm
Check out the subjects you can receive, and they include your two:
o a ***** ***** patch
o the Garden of Eden

Ok, now, either someone is infected and has you in their Address book and it's automatically sending itself to you. I'm guessing this isn't the case, I'm actually guessing that you recently, without knowing, caught the HTML.MimeExploit which automatically launched (without your knowing, cause of stupid MICROSOFT products) the virus on you as well as one worm known as JS.Loop or something by that name. What the JS.Loop will do is, I think every day, resend the Win32.Klez.H worm to your inbox, with different From field email address and names, and different subjects.

I suggest you set a few settings up in your Outlook Express as well as get the latest virus protection files. I use VET Antivirus (www.vet.com.au).

In Outlook Express, go to Tools --> Options. In the 'read' tab, make sure that the 'Automatically download message when viewing in the Preview Pane' is UNCHECKED. Also, in the 'Security' tab, make sure that for 'Select the Internet Explorer Security Zone to Use' is RESTRICTED SITES ZONE (More Secure). And that you check the box for 'Do no allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus'.

Hope this helped at all :o)

[E-Mailed also]
[Followup-To general.discussion]

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

AWC hoaxes

Sep 7, 2002, 10:01pm
An identity claiming to be known as "swe" <swe at emptyco.com> scribed the following <3d7a24ca at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>lol! the idiot doesnt speak proper english, and didnt even send out from a
>microsoft e-mail, youd have to be a moron to accually download it :)

It's not an idiot, it's the worm doing it on its own ;)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |

Slow Moving Throughout AW

Sep 9, 2002, 10:40am
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3d7c2208$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>impossible to get over 3GHz without have dual processors.
>Penitum sucks, AMD rules!

Are you sure it's impossible now ;o) Nothing is impossible...

,,,,,