Problem (Community)

Problem // Community

1  |

absolute monarch

Jul 4, 2002, 5:43am
Dear All,
I dont seem to be able to read posts from Community,
General.discussion and bots. Nothin is updating, all i see r posts which
have been posted before. If u r wondering how im posting this, im just
testing this out, i have no idea if this will get to u!

Yours Faithfully,
Absolute Monarch
338508
Mayor of Sapphire Estates AW 18000s 16000w

scooby doo

Jul 4, 2002, 11:57am
Hi;
In the last few days , I have found that things from the news groups here
have taken alot longer to load. I've had to open and close then open my
Outlook Express a few times to get it to update ( not really sure if that
really helped )...then I could open several new posts, then all of a sudden
I would have to fiddle around like above to be able to open the remaining
posts....strange..maybe the server has been a bit slow lately....actually I
think this all started happening when NG survivor 2 started...maybe more
people logging on to the news group...hmmm...

[View Quote]

anduin

Jul 4, 2002, 12:06pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "absolute monarch"
<ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> scribed the following:
>Dear All,
> I dont seem to be able to read posts from Community,
>General.discussion and bots. Nothin is updating, all i see r posts which
>have been posted before. If u r wondering how im posting this, im just
>testing this out, i have no idea if this will get to u!
>
>Yours Faithfully,
> Absolute Monarch
> 338508
> Mayor of Sapphire Estates AW 18000s 16000w

Yeah, we got it ;)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

"absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au at ozemail.com.au> wrote in
news:3d23fc95 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Dear All,
> I dont seem to be able to read posts from Community,
> General.discussion and bots. Nothin is updating, all i see r posts which
> have been posted before. If u r wondering how im posting this, im just
> testing this out, i have no idea if this will get to u!

Not noticed any problems here for a long time now, maybe it's your evil
newsreader from MS that's doing it... Sure did for me before I went over to
XNews :-))

KAH

tony m

Jul 4, 2002, 1:55pm
I noticed the server was being slow during header downloads yesterday
& on a couple of other days during this week.

[View Quote] >Not noticed any problems here for a long time now, maybe it's your evil
>newsreader from MS that's doing it... Sure did for me before I went over to
>XNews :-))
>
>KAH

dion

Jul 4, 2002, 2:03pm
the server has been slower lately. When you click on the newsgroup, keep a
look at the connection activite in the bottom left of your status bar. It
will tell you if it's still connecting or if it's downloading posts or what
so you can be a bit more patient!

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jul 4, 2002, 2:18pm
You know he cant hear any of this? LOL

[View Quote]

dion

Jul 4, 2002, 3:18pm
tried e-mailing him but his e-mail is wrong (what else is new?)

[View Quote]

maki

Jul 4, 2002, 3:37pm
I believe re-subscribing should fix this, it worked when andras' server had
a "natural disaster" and I couldn't see new posts but I was posting things,
lol

--
maki www.awmaki.com
www.liquica.com

[View Quote]

anduin

Jul 4, 2002, 9:20pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as community, an identify claiming to
be known as "scooby doo" <sc00by600 at hotmail.com> scribed the
following:
>Hi;
>In the last few days , I have found that things from the news groups here
>have taken alot longer to load. I've had to open and close then open my
>Outlook Express a few times to get it to update ( not really sure if that
>really helped )...then I could open several new posts, then all of a sudden
>I would have to fiddle around like above to be able to open the remaining
>posts....strange..maybe the server has been a bit slow lately....actually I
>think this all started happening when NG survivor 2 started...maybe more
>people logging on to the news group...hmmm...

Newsgroup works fine all the way here in Australia. Maybe your
internet connection or your newsreader.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

absolute monarch

Jul 5, 2002, 5:10am
Dear All,
I finally got it working :0...not sure how tho...

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3d2471ee$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> the server has been slower lately. When you click on the newsgroup,
> keep a look at the connection activite in the bottom left of your
> status bar. It will tell you if it's still connecting or if it's
> downloading posts or what so you can be a bit more patient!

The status bar in OE is just a bunch of crap, it doesn't actually tell you
what's REALLY going on, it'll say that it's connecting forever while it
does other things after connecting succesfully. Don't trust MS software to
tell you what's going on lol ;-))

KAH

dion

Jul 5, 2002, 10:05am
yeah, but if it says connecting forever you can assume there's a problem
somewhere and it's not still trying to connect *laugh* :-P

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3d258ba6 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> yeah, but if it says connecting forever you can assume there's a
> problem somewhere and it's not still trying to connect *laugh* :-P

Only problem might be OE being silly, it likes that :-))

KAH

elyk

Jul 10, 2002, 7:06pm
Can you hear me now??.....................good.............Can you hear me