weizer // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

URYYB

Feb 18, 2004, 11:02pm
It's ROT13 encoding... URYYB means HELLO.

For more info, take a look at :
http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/rot13.html

This can usefull especially in NGs. Outlook express can easily decode ROT13
in the menu Message / Decode (ROT13) (not sure that this si the exact name
of the menu, I use french version of OE.

You can also encode in ROT13 with www.rot13.com

-Weizer

"the derek" <thederek at sbcglobal.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40327f55 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> WTFDTM!

[View Quote]

Interested in comments

Jul 14, 2003, 3:16pm
Yes that would be nice, I think Mutation got one.

-Weizer
"scuz" <webmaster at awscape.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f12e1f0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thats not what i mean. I mean one that takes advantige of 3.4 features.
Like
> moving the sun and changing the sky colors to make it look natural.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Scuz
> Awscape.com/.net/.org Webmaster
> Visual Basic Programer
[View Quote]

Interested in comments

Jul 14, 2003, 6:41pm
Oh I know thats not what I meant, I stated Mutation because I wanted to make
sure we were talking about the same wheater bot :-)

-Weizer

"brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f1303f9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well, but even if Mutation has one, that doesn't mean that I shouldn't
make
> one, since Mutation's isn't publicly available. I wouldn't consider
myself
> a champion of the open source movement, but I do think that the AW
community
> benefits most when everyone has the opportunity to use a bot.
>
> But then again, I respect the decision of the owners of Mutation - money
> speaks, after all :)

[View Quote]

fix the news groups

May 28, 2003, 2:04am
I use OE also but sometimes a message can take 15sec before loading, and I
have a cable connection. Not like that for every message but it becomes
really anoying.

Create Sound [URL] Update=[TIME]

Jun 29, 2003, 7:52pm
I don't understand how a sound can be updated, it doesn't make sense.

-Weizer

Create Sound [URL] Update=[TIME]

Jun 30, 2003, 12:11am
DJ bot does that.

-Weizer

"zeofatex" <gzanone at optonline.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eff9795$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> This would be useful for "DJ"ing in AW possibly.

[View Quote]

avatar attachable objects

Jun 30, 2003, 1:27pm
Yes that'd be cool.

-Weizer

"crazy pills" <Chris101d at attbi.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3effa6ec$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i think avatars should be able to have things attached to them EX: im in a
> winter world i goto a skii shop and buy a set of skiis i think aw should
> either add an inventory screen or sumtin that lets u attach it. or even
just
> click it add it onto the avatar..and then leave the world itas gone.
>
> world specific of course..it would help alot..dont u think?
>
> many times have i gone to a worlkd with stiore and stuff and seen it wats
> thje pouitn of clickign on bowling sheos in the workld awgames if you cant
> actually wear them...
>
> it dosnt need to edit avatar art just place it in the correct position
>
> maybe a comamnd for the object
>
> activate avatar position=(number from 0-100 100 being top of head) and
then
> the next woudl be the others so liek makign a move xommand you would have
0
> 0 0 r w x you know the deal
>
> dont think itd be that hard would it i know u can make a bot that has
> objects follwo but it becomes laggy and sometimes items disapear and stuff
>
> i also liek my idea for a world inventory screen maybe positioned above
the
> chat entry window in a small bar with thumbnails and two arrows on each
side
> so you coudl scrol lyour aquired things for the world..and it woudl cahce
> them so when you play a rpg you buy a sword you can hold ur sword.

Cloud Shadows

Jul 2, 2003, 4:13pm
Unfortunatly I heard that the current renderWare engine does not support the
shadows, but that'd be awesome.

-Weizer
"ryan" <awngs.5.ryanjacob at spamgourmet.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f031f5c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I'd love to see an option that would make cloud layers create a shadow
> on the ground that moves along with the clouds.
>
> Ryan

"Sub-Worlds"

Jul 11, 2003, 12:04am
It would be great if we could divide the world surface we buy into a bunch
of "sub-worlds". Let me explain :

Example : Let's say that I own a P-20/5users, which is 40 cells x 40 cells
so 1600 cells. I could divide my 1600 cells into 4 sub-worlds of 400 cells.
That way, I could create four different envirronments with 4 different world
features (physical features only, not 4 dif. object paths, obviously). So
the worlds owners would not be limited to only ONE theme for their world.

"What about the entry point ?"
-There would still be just ONE entry point, in a specific world, so the
world list is still the same.

"And regarding the number of users ?"
-Still 5 users in the whole world. It's not like buying 4 worlds. It's still
just one, but with more diversity.

And also, instead of buying a "P-X" world we could buy a certain amount of
cells.

Tell me if this idea make sense. If it's not clear enough, tell me so I can
re-explain it, my native langage is not enlglish.

-Weizer

"Sub-Worlds"

Jul 12, 2003, 11:29am
Mark said that it is already in-progress but I'll send this in the
suggestion box anyway. I posted that idea here just to know if people would
like it.

-Weizer
"brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f100cac$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I really like this idea. Has anyone forwarded it to ENZO?
>
> -Brant

[View Quote]

"Sub-Worlds"

Jul 14, 2003, 7:51pm
Thanks a lot. This reply is just explained too well. I love when people tell
the others their idea sucks but do not say why or how to improve it.

-Weizer
"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f131c55$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> This idea sucks.
>
> --
> Brock - 308723 - DE Leader

"Sub-Worlds"

Jul 14, 2003, 8:47pm
Hey if you have nothing intelligent to say guys just shut up and return in
your AWteen newsgroups. If my Idea was that stupid I don't think it would be
asked to be fowarded to AWI. My english is bad and I try the best I can to
explain my ideas. I never attacked you in any circumstances and I've always
been the most friendly I could.

And BTW it's not my kinf to argue on theses newsgroups so I won't reply
again. C'mon grow up or please don't use these NGs.

-Weizer
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f132fc8 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

"Sub-Worlds"

Jul 15, 2003, 3:30am
Then I was only talking to Brock :-)

-Weizer
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f1390b3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Hotkey to toggle precise movement on and off.

Jul 16, 2003, 12:59pm
You can hold the "5" key on your numpad.

-Weizer
"zeofatex" <gzanone at optonline.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f154705$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A hotkey to toggle precise movement on and off would be nice instead of
> having to open the menu and stuff =\

Skyboxes

Jul 28, 2003, 3:04pm
I'd like to have multiple skyboxes, and that we could assign them a
rotation. This way we could do realistic planets or any other things moving
in the sky.

-Weizer

minimum values for light effects

Sep 18, 2003, 7:27pm
The intensity of the light depends of its color. If you want a very bright
light, use a white one (FFFFFF hexa) but if you want it darker, chose a grey
level like 777777 (hexa). 000000 means black, so no light. It goes the same
with the colors, try a darker orange and it does the same as a low intensity
orange light. Let me know if you don't understand.

-Weizer
"codewarrior" <pete at accelr8r.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f69ee0a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> When you 'create light fx=pulse time=5', it would be nice if you could
> add min=.2 so that the light would only go to 20 % of it's full level
> instead
> of going completely to off.

minimum values for light effects

Sep 19, 2003, 7:56pm
Oh ok I understand. Very good idea, that'd be great !

-Weizer
"codewarrior" <pete at accelr8r.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f6af57d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I can already set the maximum light exactly the way you say. What I want
is
> way to set the minimum amount when the effects are used. They currently
fade
> the light all the way to black.
>
> I want a way to set the 'black' level.. not the white level. I want to be
> able to
> use the effects in a much more subtle way than is currently possible.
>
> I might want for example a light that varies between 50 and 75%
brightness.
> I can get the 75% brigthness maximum by setting the light to 0xC0C0C0,
> but the effects will not allow me to set a minimum level of 0x808080
>
> It might be better if instead of a 'min=fraction' they had a 'min=color'
> parameter that let you set the 'other' color that the effects interpolate
> between. There is an interpolation algorithm in there that is currently
> using the color black as a hardcoded parameter. I would just like that
> parameter to be made accessable. It would increase the utility of this
> command with very little extra coding.

[View Quote]

update= for texture command

Oct 26, 2003, 7:58pm
How can you "update" a sound ?

-Weizer
"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c2fd8 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It'd be great for sounds. Then you could do a radio station or something.

[View Quote]

update= for texture command

Oct 26, 2003, 9:24pm
Yes I understand but a picture updating makes sense. Not a sound. An image
itself, do not move, it's not a video : it doesnt "play". A sound "plays" so
a sound updating at a given amount of time doesn't make sense. I dont know
if you understand what I'm trying to say...lol.

-Weizer
"john" <johnf at 3d-reality.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c56ed at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> How can you update an image? After a pre-defined period of time it
> re-downloads..lol
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

update= for texture command

Oct 26, 2003, 11:52pm
But all your files must be 5min long each in this case. Otherwise if it
lasts 2min...then there'll be 3min with no music. Not very practical DJ.

-Weizer
"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c7093 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> So you can have a botless DJ. A php could change a .mid or something
every
> 5 minutes for example. It'd be a god-send for those long building
projects,
> or any ol' place where your at for a long time.

[View Quote]

update= for texture command

Oct 26, 2003, 11:59pm
I like the idea, but it should be something else than an update. Like
something that tells the browser when the MIDI is finish, it plays the next
one. And for the radio I'd be great, but I don't know how they can do that.
However, I know that OuterWorlds has its radio station, but it's not
integrated to the browser. You have to use Winamp. So doing radio is already
possible. You just need to give an URL to PPL and they use another software
to listen to it.

-Weizer
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c886f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> But all your files must be 5min long each in this case. Otherwise if it
> lasts 2min...then there'll be 3min with no music. Not very practical DJ.
>
> -Weizer
> "sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3f9c7093 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> every
> projects,
> image
> "plays"
> know

'density' meter for current cell

Nov 3, 2003, 7:27pm
I love this idea.

-Weizer
"codewarrior" <pete at accelr8r.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa1851c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It would be nice to see an indicator showing the object density in
> your current cell so you know when you are getting close to the
> build limit.
>
> The browser should already pretty much know this.
>
> It could even be fancy and show you the cell limit, the number
> of objects in the current cell, and then change color as the actual
> objects load off the object path (it would look like it was filling
> up)
>
> Anything that would help let you know when it's time to
> move on and clutter up another cell.

World Setting 'ambient' sound

Jan 30, 2004, 2:17am
Yes we really need that. We should be able to play music in defined areas to
create the ambiance, a music that keeps playing wherever you are, that plays
in the browser.

-Weizer
"joe.zip" <joe at iceflare.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40199a80$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Sounds usefull. Would be good if you world is based on like a ship or
> something, or just want to have enviromental sounds. Nice idea. Should
> be easy to implament too.

create color, texture

Dec 30, 2003, 10:48pm
I love the idea. The builds of everyone would be a lot more personalized.
For the public building worlds, this is an idea you just cannot ignore.
Excellent idea, and very simple : I don't think it would be hard to do.
Thanks a lot for sharing and put it in the suggestion box on the AW site,
this idea must be heard.

-Weizer

"sweetsuzie" <suzie at lionsfan.com.au> a écrit dans le message de news:
3ff1f8ba at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I would love to be able to use create color and create texture on the same
> object! Imagine the combinations you could have.
> Unless of course someone out there already knows how to do codes to allow
> this to happen.

Quit Smoking

Jan 8, 2004, 11:44pm
I agree with KAH. And my point is that this is applicable not only to
alcohol, but also to tobbaco or any soft drug. The government should not
have the right to prohibit people from taking a substance that as an impact
on theirselves ONLY. As long as you don't smoke or drink in a public area
that you don't disturb anyone, it is YOUR choice if you want to die younger,
and this is individual liberty. Anyway, making something illegal doesn't
solve any problem : people would continue because of the "black market" (not
sure it's the exact translation in english). The number of people taking it
would not increase or decrease... the % doesn't depend on the severity of
the government.

-Weizer
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns946AB915A63D5kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "weyoun" <Weyoun at 127.0.0.1> wrote in news:3ffc7131
> at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> If you can't even spell it (or anything else for that matter) right, then
> you probably haven't ever tasted it either. Don't see why alcohol should
be
> restricted, won't hurt you unless you drink a lot of it. Strict smoking
> laws would be nice, though, as smoking is very harmful and also annoying
> for non-smokers. No need to ban it, though.
>
> KAH

Quit Smoking

Jan 9, 2004, 1:04am
LOL. I love debates...as long as it doesn't turn in flame wars...

-Weizer
"tart sugar" <tartsugar at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3ffe0df6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ummmmm .... how did Orb's wish turn into a debate?
[View Quote]

for my friends

Jan 9, 2004, 9:12pm
IMO, you should take a lilttle bit of every opinion to make yours... you
should open your mind to the others' opinions, not "never let them affect
you", otherwise you will never evolve in your thoughts...

-Weizer
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fff210f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I have a rule in life that goes...... Never let others judgments/opinions
of people effect your own judgments/opinions.
> You must learn about others with your own brain. And if you must judge
people,.... take your time.

> Leo :)

[View Quote]

for my friends

Jan 9, 2004, 9:14pm
I'm not talking about destructive opinions of course... it has nothing to do
with the main post lol

-Weizer
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fff357b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> IMO, you should take a lilttle bit of every opinion to make yours... you
> should open your mind to the others' opinions, not "never let them affect
> you", otherwise you will never evolve in your thoughts...
>
> -Weizer
> "binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3fff210f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
judgments/opinions
> of people effect your own judgments/opinions.
> people,.... take your time.
> news:3ffefea6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> enemy in AW.....:(
> news:3ffef850$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> different
> too
> hopes the
keep
> up
> name..
try
> account. If

cat fights

Jan 9, 2004, 9:16pm
Sry I don't understand... can you be more precise ?

-Weizer
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage(dot)com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fff1981 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> could we keep those out of the public please ?

cat fights

Jan 10, 2004, 3:16pm
LOL... I just don't uderstand what she is talking about... maybe because of
my native which is not english... I just need more explainations haha.

-Weizer
"tart sugar" <tartsugar at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fff49f6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ahhhhh, Weizer, Weizer, Weizer......
> Yet something else I beg to differ with you about. LoL!!!
> I understand the *wishlist* is the place to DEBATE!!!!!
> Sooooooooo ..................
> Shall we debate the issue of linn being more precise?
> I think she was perfectly concise and clear.
> You think otherwise?
> Why so?
> Is it because linn did not state her opinion in the form of a wish?
> I'll have to give you that one, Weizer. It was more of a question, rather
> than a *wish*, per sé.
> *pops some popcorn, pulls up a chair, and waits for reply*
>
> Tart Sugar
> You think I'm annoying NOW? Wait til I get comfortable with you!!!
> HaHaHa
> J/K

1  2  3  4  5  6  |