Quit Smoking (Wishlist)

Quit Smoking // Wishlist

1  2  |

orb

Jan 7, 2004, 5:54pm
Wishing all those I care about would quit smoking.

brock

Jan 7, 2004, 6:15pm
I agree!!!
Smoking should be illegal.

--
Brock/308723

Immigrated: October 16, 1999
Expires: June 14, 2004
(I will be leaving for good after I expire.)

weyoun

Jan 7, 2004, 6:50pm
alcol too!!!! beer is nastey!

[View Quote]

brock

Jan 7, 2004, 7:10pm
Post Scan:
Words Correctly Spelled: 3
Words Incorrectly Spelled: 2

Analysis: Go back to elementary school.

--
Brock/308723

Immigrated: October 16, 1999
Expires: June 14, 2004
(I will be leaving for good after I expire.)

weyoun

Jan 7, 2004, 7:29pm
wobble outta aw, ur unwanted here, fatty

[View Quote]

orb

Jan 7, 2004, 7:39pm
Quit flaming. No smoking in NGs.

brock

Jan 7, 2004, 7:39pm
Post Scan:
Sentences: 1
Sentences Correctly Punctuated: 0
Maturity Level: 0

Analysis: Go back to Pre-School.

--
Brock/308723

Immigrated: October 16, 1999
Expires: June 14, 2004
(I will be leaving for good after I expire.)

weyoun

Jan 7, 2004, 7:49pm
Person Scan
Fat Content: 100,000,000
Maturity: -100
Life Value: 0
Popularity: -999,999,999

Analysis: Go kill yourself for you are not worth anything.

[View Quote]

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Jan 7, 2004, 7:55pm
[View Quote] How about this, you're both idiots.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

ryan

Jan 7, 2004, 9:00pm
Alcohol (in anything more than a small amount) and tobacco are vices
that will continue despite illegalization; look at what happened during
Prohibition in the U.S. While I agree that it should be illegal, it
won't stop those who are unfortunate enough to become addicted.
Illegalization and a strong anti-alcohol/anti-tobacco sentiment in
society would reduce the problem.

I think the best solution is to illegalize mass production of products
whose sole purpose is detrimental to human health. At least then there
would not be businesses making profits off of products that kill people.
As for the actual usage of tobacco and alcohol at home, this should not
be illegal as it cannot be enforced reasonably.

Ryan
Anti-tobacco and anti-alcohol activist :)

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Jan 7, 2004, 9:30pm
didnt durring the time U.S. outlawed alcohol, people used to strap
containors under their clothes or something?

[View Quote] > Alcohol (in anything more than a small amount) and tobacco are vices
> that will continue despite illegalization; look at what happened during
> Prohibition in the U.S. While I agree that it should be illegal, it
> won't stop those who are unfortunate enough to become addicted.
> Illegalization and a strong anti-alcohol/anti-tobacco sentiment in
> society would reduce the problem.
>
> I think the best solution is to illegalize mass production of products
> whose sole purpose is detrimental to human health. At least then there
> would not be businesses making profits off of products that kill people.
> As for the actual usage of tobacco and alcohol at home, this should not
> be illegal as it cannot be enforced reasonably.
>
> Ryan
> Anti-tobacco and anti-alcohol activist :)

[View Quote]

orb

Jan 7, 2004, 10:13pm
There are FDA approvals for drugs that are deemed safe and those drugs that
prove harmful are banned. On the other hand smoking products (killing
millions of people as we speak) are a major contradiction.

orb

Jan 7, 2004, 10:14pm
The FDA bans harmful drugs. What a contadiction it is to approve smoking
products which are killing millions of people as we speak.

orb

Jan 7, 2004, 10:15pm
sorry computer fluke lol

tart sugar

Jan 7, 2004, 11:32pm
LoL!!! I was gonna say - We heard you the first time, ORB. ; )

Tart Sugar
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Jan 7, 2004, 11:39pm
And let us not forget about the sale of grain alcohol. That stuff is like
198 proof, and gives explicit warning on the label that over consumption can
cause death.
Actually, even drinking way too much water at one time can kill you, too.
Breathing the outdoor air in Tokyo is not advisable, either. o_O

Tart Sugar
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

[View Quote]

dark thorium

Jan 8, 2004, 1:35pm
Outlaw beer?! What is the world coming to (again)?? I thought AW was
supposed to be a community of geeks... :P

"weyoun" <Weyoun at 127.0.0.1> wrote in news:3ffc7131
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> alcol too!!!! beer is nastey!

If you can't even spell it (or anything else for that matter) right, then
you probably haven't ever tasted it either. Don't see why alcohol should be
restricted, won't hurt you unless you drink a lot of it. Strict smoking
laws would be nice, though, as smoking is very harmful and also annoying
for non-smokers. No need to ban it, though.

KAH

tart sugar

Jan 8, 2004, 3:25pm
HEY now!!! I resemble that remark!!!

Tart Sugar
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

[View Quote]

zeofatex

Jan 8, 2004, 5:58pm
He's from a different country where english is not the primary language...

[View Quote]

tart sugar

Jan 8, 2004, 6:58pm
When I managed a liquor store, it took me 6 months to spell *liquor* right,
and THEN, I got the word *liqueur* thrown at me. YIKES!!! LoL!!!!!

Tart Sugar
Born and raised in she-CAH-go, Illinois USA

[View Quote]

orb

Jan 8, 2004, 7:04pm
It's addictive, dangerous, a serious health risk, contradictory to our own
beliefs making us look like idiots, not good for children and the list goes
on. I dare you to prove me wrong.

xelag

Jan 8, 2004, 10:21pm
So is life :)

[View Quote] >It's addictive, dangerous, a serious health risk, contradictory to our own
>beliefs making us look like idiots, not good for children and the list goes
>on. I dare you to prove me wrong.

sharon..

Jan 8, 2004, 11:16pm
Right , the difference is , why take your own life ?

weizer

Jan 8, 2004, 11:44pm
I agree with KAH. And my point is that this is applicable not only to
alcohol, but also to tobbaco or any soft drug. The government should not
have the right to prohibit people from taking a substance that as an impact
on theirselves ONLY. As long as you don't smoke or drink in a public area
that you don't disturb anyone, it is YOUR choice if you want to die younger,
and this is individual liberty. Anyway, making something illegal doesn't
solve any problem : people would continue because of the "black market" (not
sure it's the exact translation in english). The number of people taking it
would not increase or decrease... the % doesn't depend on the severity of
the government.

-Weizer
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns946AB915A63D5kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "weyoun" <Weyoun at 127.0.0.1> wrote in news:3ffc7131
> at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> If you can't even spell it (or anything else for that matter) right, then
> you probably haven't ever tasted it either. Don't see why alcohol should
be
> restricted, won't hurt you unless you drink a lot of it. Strict smoking
> laws would be nice, though, as smoking is very harmful and also annoying
> for non-smokers. No need to ban it, though.
>
> KAH

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Jan 9, 2004, 12:10am
[View Quote] Black market is correct.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

tart sugar

Jan 9, 2004, 12:12am
Ummmmm .... how did Orb's wish turn into a debate?
[View Quote] Tart Sugar
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

[View Quote]

weizer

Jan 9, 2004, 1:04am
LOL. I love debates...as long as it doesn't turn in flame wars...

-Weizer
"tart sugar" <tartsugar at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3ffe0df6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ummmmm .... how did Orb's wish turn into a debate?
[View Quote]

tart sugar

Jan 9, 2004, 1:32am
I beg to differ, Weizer.

Tart Sugar
I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.

[View Quote]

jenniloveskevin

Jan 9, 2004, 4:39pm
Smoking and drinking does not just impact the individual who chooses to
take these substances. It effects all of society. All taxpayers are
footing the bill for paying for the astronomical costs of medical care
for all the medical problems caused by use of these things. Your money
is going towards liver transplants once they drink themselves out of a
funcitioning liver, you're paying for the hospital visits for heart
attacks, lung cancer when poeple voluntarily subject their vital organs
to harmful substances. You're paying for the costs of court appointed
counsel to defend the drunk drivers who cause accidents that kill our
children, our family members. It does not just effect the indivual, it
effects us all.