World Setting 'ambient' sound (Wishlist)

World Setting 'ambient' sound // Wishlist

1  |

codewarrior

Dec 26, 2003, 3:05pm
It would be useful to be able to specify an 'ambient' noise
in the World Settings dialog that is played whenever
there is no other sound or noise in effect.

This would be useful for example in a 'desert' world
to provide the sound of wind, particularly if the user
goes outside the limits of the build.

Another good use for this would be in an ocean
world that is completely underwater.

In general, any given world could probably benefit
from the ability to specify an 'ambient' noise file.

johnf

Dec 27, 2003, 3:26pm
Ummm what about underwater ambient noise and above water ambient noise?

nhoJ~

[View Quote]

codewarrior

Dec 27, 2003, 4:48pm
Sounds good to me... or rather.. it would *probably* sound
good...

[View Quote]

joe.zip

Jan 29, 2004, 9:42pm
Sounds usefull. Would be good if you world is based on like a ship or
something, or just want to have enviromental sounds. Nice idea. Should
be easy to implament too.

jacob the m hero

Jan 29, 2004, 10:34pm
Good idea too, we wants it
[View Quote]

weizer

Jan 30, 2004, 2:17am
Yes we really need that. We should be able to play music in defined areas to
create the ambiance, a music that keeps playing wherever you are, that plays
in the browser.

-Weizer
40199a80$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...