update= for texture command (Wishlist)

update= for texture command // Wishlist

1  |

codewarrior

Oct 26, 2003, 2:35pm
would be nice.

Heck.. it would be nice for sounds too.

If you're worried about abuse, make the number in minutes :-)

sw comit

Oct 26, 2003, 5:34pm
It'd be great for sounds. Then you could do a radio station or something.

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 26, 2003, 7:58pm
How can you "update" a sound ?

-Weizer
"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c2fd8 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It'd be great for sounds. Then you could do a radio station or something.

[View Quote]

john

Oct 26, 2003, 8:21pm
How can you update an image? After a pre-defined period of time it
re-downloads..lol

~John

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 26, 2003, 9:24pm
Yes I understand but a picture updating makes sense. Not a sound. An image
itself, do not move, it's not a video : it doesnt "play". A sound "plays" so
a sound updating at a given amount of time doesn't make sense. I dont know
if you understand what I'm trying to say...lol.

-Weizer
"john" <johnf at 3d-reality.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c56ed at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> How can you update an image? After a pre-defined period of time it
> re-downloads..lol
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

sw comit

Oct 26, 2003, 10:10pm
So you can have a botless DJ. A php could change a .mid or something every
5 minutes for example. It'd be a god-send for those long building projects,
or any ol' place where your at for a long time.

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 26, 2003, 11:52pm
But all your files must be 5min long each in this case. Otherwise if it
lasts 2min...then there'll be 3min with no music. Not very practical DJ.

-Weizer
"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c7093 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> So you can have a botless DJ. A php could change a .mid or something
every
> 5 minutes for example. It'd be a god-send for those long building
projects,
> or any ol' place where your at for a long time.

[View Quote]

weizer

Oct 26, 2003, 11:59pm
I like the idea, but it should be something else than an update. Like
something that tells the browser when the MIDI is finish, it plays the next
one. And for the radio I'd be great, but I don't know how they can do that.
However, I know that OuterWorlds has its radio station, but it's not
integrated to the browser. You have to use Winamp. So doing radio is already
possible. You just need to give an URL to PPL and they use another software
to listen to it.

-Weizer
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f9c886f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> But all your files must be 5min long each in this case. Otherwise if it
> lasts 2min...then there'll be 3min with no music. Not very practical DJ.
>
> -Weizer
> "sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3f9c7093 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> every
> projects,
> image
> "plays"
> know

codewarrior

Oct 27, 2003, 12:34am
I was thinking more of .wav sounds that repeat.

A babbling brook for example. You have a .wav that repeats, and it's OK for
a few minutes, but it might be good to change it to a different running
water
..wav that repeats after a while.

Same thing for stuff like traffic sounds, muted conversation in a crowd.
Background sounds that would just be a little more interesting if they
could vary a bit.

Sure you can get a bot to do this, but if you can get the browser to do
it for you cheap so much the better.

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

Oct 29, 2003, 11:00pm
I'm sure the PHP code that would be controlling the midis being played could
include times for when to switch songs.

-CMM