avatar attachable objects (Wishlist)

avatar attachable objects // Wishlist

1  |

crazy pills

Jun 30, 2003, 12:56am
i think avatars should be able to have things attached to them EX: im in a
winter world i goto a skii shop and buy a set of skiis i think aw should
either add an inventory screen or sumtin that lets u attach it. or even just
click it add it onto the avatar..and then leave the world itas gone.

world specific of course..it would help alot..dont u think?

many times have i gone to a worlkd with stiore and stuff and seen it wats
thje pouitn of clickign on bowling sheos in the workld awgames if you cant
actually wear them...

it dosnt need to edit avatar art just place it in the correct position

maybe a comamnd for the object

activate avatar position=(number from 0-100 100 being top of head) and then
the next woudl be the others so liek makign a move xommand you would have 0
0 0 r w x you know the deal

dont think itd be that hard would it i know u can make a bot that has
objects follwo but it becomes laggy and sometimes items disapear and stuff

i also liek my idea for a world inventory screen maybe positioned above the
chat entry window in a small bar with thumbnails and two arrows on each side
so you coudl scrol lyour aquired things for the world..and it woudl cahce
them so when you play a rpg you buy a sword you can hold ur sword.

dlp anne

Jun 30, 2003, 7:21am
Nice idea, this would also be good for RPG's :-)

[View Quote]

weizer

Jun 30, 2003, 1:27pm
Yes that'd be cool.

-Weizer

"crazy pills" <Chris101d at attbi.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3effa6ec$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i think avatars should be able to have things attached to them EX: im in a
> winter world i goto a skii shop and buy a set of skiis i think aw should
> either add an inventory screen or sumtin that lets u attach it. or even
just
> click it add it onto the avatar..and then leave the world itas gone.
>
> world specific of course..it would help alot..dont u think?
>
> many times have i gone to a worlkd with stiore and stuff and seen it wats
> thje pouitn of clickign on bowling sheos in the workld awgames if you cant
> actually wear them...
>
> it dosnt need to edit avatar art just place it in the correct position
>
> maybe a comamnd for the object
>
> activate avatar position=(number from 0-100 100 being top of head) and
then
> the next woudl be the others so liek makign a move xommand you would have
0
> 0 0 r w x you know the deal
>
> dont think itd be that hard would it i know u can make a bot that has
> objects follwo but it becomes laggy and sometimes items disapear and stuff
>
> i also liek my idea for a world inventory screen maybe positioned above
the
> chat entry window in a small bar with thumbnails and two arrows on each
side
> so you coudl scrol lyour aquired things for the world..and it woudl cahce
> them so when you play a rpg you buy a sword you can hold ur sword.

john

Jun 30, 2003, 7:54pm
Yes, but AW would need to remember something like that.... and you could
also have it so that they can emmit, for example, light (i.e. a lantern,
torch, candle, etc) or sound (a radio, a personal stereo) and pictures
(portable tvs)

~John

[View Quote]

zeofatex

Jun 30, 2003, 8:06pm
Well if they were OBJECTS you were attaching you could always use create
light (I think there's some sort of a spotlight effect, although I forgot
what it is heh) ;P

[View Quote]

mike zimmer

Jun 30, 2003, 8:42pm
I'm bored, lets count how many things Spell Check picks up...44!
--
-Miek Zimmer
*Mike

[View Quote] world specific of course..it would help alot(11)..dont(12) u(13) think?

many times have i(14) gone to a worlkd(15) with stiore(16) and stuff and
seen it wats(17)
thje(18) pouitn(Vladimir Putin? 19) of clickign(20) on bowling sheos(21) in
the workld(22) awgames if you cant
actually wear them...

it dosnt(23) need to edit avatar art just place it in the correct position

maybe a comamnd(24) for the object

activate avatar position=(number from 0-100 100 being top of head) and then
the next woudl(25) be the others so liek(26) makign(27) a move xommand(28)
you would have 0
0 0 r w x you know the deal

dont(29) think itd(30) be that hard would it i(31) know u(32) can make a bot
that has
objects follwo(33) but it becomes laggy and sometimes items disapear(34) and
stuff

i(35) also liek(36) my idea for a world inventory screen maybe positioned
above the
chat entry window in a small bar with thumbnails and two arrows on each side
so you coudl(37) scrol(38) lyour(39) aquired(40) things for the world..and
it woudl(41) cahce(42)
them so when you play a rpg you buy a sword you can hold ur(43) sword,(44)

john

Jul 1, 2003, 8:55pm
I guess, lol.. or permanant attachments (each time u enter the world)

~John

[View Quote]

technozeus

Jul 2, 2003, 2:43am
I still think a way to set a default action line in an RWX file should be added. That way you could add the "create light" command in the RWX file of an object or an avatar, or make a door that rotates open when you click it even in a world where you can't use the rotate command.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

crazy pills

Jul 2, 2003, 10:07pm
techno please make ur own thread not to be mean but rwx thread object
coding...diff than atachale objects..
[View Quote]

technozeus

Jul 2, 2003, 10:26pm
I was commenting on the response about using "create light". It was just a comment... doesn't need a new thread, or a full discussion, as it's an old idea that I'm pretty sure is already well known. Yes, it would be nice to be able to attack things to an avatar and allow the avatar to carry the things around... but some conventions would need to be decided on such as how to decide which joint or clump to attach the object to, and how to decide in what position the object would be attached. There are many possible ways in which an object could be attached to an avatar, and arbitrarily allowing any object to be attached in a predefined way without regard to the size or shape of the object could lead to some pretty strange sites. Also, it would heve to be decided how the attached object would effect avatar collision detection. For example, could an avatar carrying a mansion in it's right hand and wearing a bus on it's left shoulder fit through the doorway of an out-house?

*pictures avatar checking it's watch and brushing it's hair with a house attached to it's hand*

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

technozeus

Jul 2, 2003, 10:29pm
oops... major typo there.. meant to say ttach things, not attack things. (wouldn't want that to be taken the wrong way).

TZ