weizer // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

World Options from Objects

Jan 30, 2004, 2:13am
I like this idea.

-Weizer
"sgeo" <~~~> a écrit dans le message de news:
40195fa5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

[View Quote]

Wished To Waste?

Jan 30, 2004, 2:22am
Well, I think the purpose of this newsgroup is to get feedback about your
ideas, because sometimes we forget some very important details and our idea
and it just doesn't make sense. Then, after the idea is discussed, you can
post it in the suggestion box on the AW site. I don't think the wishlist is
actually read by AWI, but the suggestion box is.

-Weizer
"saber mage" <brandon-smith at kc.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
4019c017$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Sorry guys, this is a complaint, but is this forum being put to waste? AW
> staff hardly implements any of these wishes - even the simplest or most
> reasonable. Only a small amount get published over every new AW version. I
> don't know, maybe they are working on some of them as we speak? Or maybe
I'm
> taking AW for granted lol. Just getting this out of my system. Oh and it
is
> nice to see peoples ideas, especially if you like them, but it would be
> nicer to see the possible ones in action. Thanks for wasting your time and
> reading this lol.
> -SM
>
> {P.S. I guess there is a wish here after all. Try to make the community
just
> a little happier, AW staff :).}

target=aw_3d

Apr 16, 2004, 7:55pm
Not exactly... "tout à fait" means absolutely or completely :-)

-Weizer

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
4080436b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> heh, think i understood what you said! but it's all has done
> not-understandable in english? :)
> all that after only 7 years of studying french in school! :)
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

Telegram All Button

Apr 21, 2004, 1:57am
Yes, I agree, I find the idea excellent and it would be much more easier for
me too but I have enough spam in my mailbox, I surely don't want some in my
grams !

-Weizer

"lord fett" <lordfett at vectracon.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
4085d831$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Then there is the issue with spammers.... this would make it too easy for
> them to do their dirty work. I highly doubt this type of thing would be
> implemented anytime soon, or even at all.

[View Quote]

A "music" command or solving the "create name" bug ? Maybe doing both ?

Aug 12, 2004, 8:17pm
Since I enter AW and started to build... something always bugged me : the
way the sound works. The is currently no way to put, like in a game, music
in your builds. There should be a "music" command. Let me explain.

The problem with the sound command is that the volume of the music will
change depending on your avatar's position.

The noise command is fine with that, but it doesn't support streaming mp3
files. The help files say "Noises are intended for providing short, quick
sound effects (e.g. a door opening) that uses should hear despite what other
sounds may currently be in effect nearby." What about a command like this
but for music ? Since AW is an online software, I think it is necessary that
this command allows streaming mp3, because people don't want to lose sound
quality by compressing their files too much.

I also found this on the page http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/mp3.html
:

"MP3 SUPPORT.
Active Worlds 3.1 supports the use of sound files encoded in the MP3 file
format with the sound and noise commands.

Some people have misinterpreted support for the MP3 file format in Active
Worlds 3.1 as intended to support full-length CD-quality song files, or to
support "streaming" MP3 files.

Active Worlds 3.1 does not support streaming MP3, it simply supports the MP3
file format itself for sound files that are downloaded and played by the
browser, the same as WAV files. Furthermore, while in theory a full-length
CD-quality song could be used in Active Worlds, the download size of such
files (typically several megabytes) are still prohibitive and will prevent
most users on low-bandwidth connections from hearing them in a timely
fashion."

Now that we have the media command, this is not an argument...

And what about using the media command ? I thought of something and tested
it : I made an object called music.rwx and put the following into the action
field :

activate media url=www.example.com/music/mymusic.mp3 radius=9999 (so the
sound doesn't fade depending on the avatar's position) name=speaker

After this, I made few objects called "speaker" and put few of them randomly
in a specific area. At the beggining, I was sure the sound would stop as
soon as music.rwx would be out of the visibility range. But it worked : the
music continued to play. So I thought I finally discovered a solution to my
problem until I walked a little farther and the sound stopped. I think I
know why :

At the moment the sound was activated (when I clicked on music.rwx) , 3
objects around were called "speaker". So the music played on them. But as
soon as some new "speaker" objects appear, the browser doesn't seem to
associate them anymore with the media command I put on music.rwx. So when
all the "speaker" objects that were playing music when I activated the media
are out of range, the music stops, even if there's still some objects called
"speaker" around you.

But even if this issue was fixed, it wouldn't be practical since we'd need
to make a lot of "speaker" objects for the music to stay and this would
increase the cell data.

We need a command that will play the music with a constant volume, no matter
where is your avatar regarding the object, and that support streaming MP3s,
WAVEs and MIDIs.

Weizer

A "music" command or solving the "create name" bug ? Maybe doing both ?

Aug 12, 2004, 10:57pm
I always hated people who just critiscized and complained without giving
solutions... destructive people... but that's not Eep case. It's FAR from
being his case. I think he's the most constructive poster in these NGs. He
might be rude sometimes but I respect him a lot : he always has solution to
offer and he KNOWS what he is talking about. I know his website since 2
years and I really admire how hard this guy worked. I think you should take
a look at his website maybe you'll change your opinion about him...

Weizer

"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:411c04e8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> you have allot of complaints about this software eep...why don't you stop
> using it? or just use it as is, and find some good in it. calling things
> half assed isn't much of anything, you think you can do better? make your
> own software, awi works hard day in, day out, despite what you may see
> everyday, they work their asses off developing things for us, even during
> other builds they are working on many things, new objects/avatars,
software
> updates, interactive experiences IE NewAW, and many many many other
things,
> just because they don't have your favorite thing, or what you would like
> see, you don't need to always say aw is bad.
>
> -C P
[View Quote]

To tell if your dead

Aug 24, 2004, 7:38pm
Yes I wish for that too !

Weizer

"bro" <bro at geneband.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:412afb96 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I wish you could tell if a cit was active or expired? It would make
my
> contact list shorter. Soon to expire myself it might help a few of
my
> old friends too.

Profiles

Sep 13, 2004, 7:41pm
I think the number 300 000 here represents the number of users.

Weizer

"johnf" <johnf at 3d-reality.nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:414607d7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> What would anyone do with 18.31 gb of.. profile space... :-o ?
>
> John

[View Quote]

Profiles

Sep 14, 2004, 8:41pm
lol

Weizer

"legion" <jonsavel at juno.com> a écrit dans le message de
news:4147715b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Who takes a vacation in October (10th month)??? Ha ha.
>
> --
> Legion
> Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld

[View Quote]

Have objects follow axes

Nov 9, 2004, 7:49pm
Well, I personally think that it's a very good idea but I couldn't tell if
it can be easily implemented hehe

Weizer

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:41904388$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> :P at nobody discussing this idea. Is it good? Is it bad? Can it be
> easily implimented?

[487] Terrain Visibility

May 24, 2003, 10:33pm
Sorry I can't post in beta newsgroup I'm not beta tester but I'd like to
know if anyone's also having this problem. I just reseted my world and
enabled Terrain. My terrain visibility is no higher than 100m ! On the other
worlds like AWTeen, the visiblity much more longer, just like it's supposed
to be in 3.4. I also used MagsBot to edit the world's terrain height and
texture. Does anyone know why ?

[487] Terrain Visibility

May 24, 2003, 11:43pm
Thanks it's ok now :-)

Second Life goes gold Monday 23 June

Jun 18, 2003, 9:48am
Wow. Just wow. It's awesome.

--------------------------
Weizer - Cy Awards Media Coordinator
#332602 AW
#4808 OW
"kf" <none at junk.mail> a écrit dans le message de news:
3EF03BA7.442C at junk.mail...
> Gives a cool first impression when you visit it without Flash:
>
> The requested URL /noflash.html was not found on this server. You may
> want to try http://secondlife.com instead.
>
> And this url then gives the same error <lol>.

[View Quote]

Second Life goes gold Monday 23 June

Jul 5, 2003, 4:10am
AFAIK, in Canada you can have a CC with your parent's authorization if you
are under 18.

-Weizer
"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f064ab1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> No they don't.

[View Quote]

Problem with Outlook Express

Jun 23, 2003, 12:06pm
In my OE, all the threads are sorted by date, but their replies do not have
any order. (like one posted the 22th, below there's one posted the 21, and
below there's one posted the 23) Some replies just appear in the middle of
the others when I load them. Does anybody know why ?

http://dls.d2g.com/weizer/outlook.jpg

#4808 OW

Problem with Outlook Express

Jun 23, 2003, 1:15pm
Yes. I didn't know that. Thanks.

#4808 OW

"stecloud" <stecloud at fsmail.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3ef71827 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> When people reply to newsgroup threads they can rpely to specific posts.
> The reply will always appear under the post that the person right clicked
> and went to reply from.
>
> For example if I saw something outraging in the 5th post down in a thread
of
> 10 posts, i could reply to that 5th post - my post would be indented
> slightly to the right, and appear under the one I replied to - essentially
> becoming the 6th post of 11, if you see what I mean.
>
> Because of this, sometiems posts which appear higher up will have a later
> date - this is because they are tiering off another post and have been
> replied to at a later point in time - than a post further down in the
> thread.
>
> At least I think that's what you're tlaking about
>
> - Ste

aw is dead :( aw managmenmt sucks

Jul 1, 2003, 9:37pm
Well said Builderz, I totally agree :-)

-Weizer

"builderz" <builderz at vastnexus.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3F017D6D.3A002838 at vastnexus.com...
> See my comments below:

[View Quote]

aw is dead :( aw managmenmt sucks

Jul 2, 2003, 1:51am
This sounds great :-)

-Weizer

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabitphalpha at activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le
message de news: 3f024626$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Oops...the page is gone...but here is the structure;
>
> AWCommunity Council
> 1. Chair-From the Community-Represents the council to AWI (COF) in all
> collective concerns and projects
> The above position was assigned to Aule, but he was unable to participate.
> 2. Vice-Chair-From the Community.
> The above position was assigned to me, but with Aule's resignation and the
> flurry to build AWCC world, I think the council was just put on the
> sidelines.
> 3. AWHS Representative.
> The above position was assigned to Chloe, who is still active.
> 4. AWEC Representative.
> The above position was assigned to Omega who has since then resigned.
> 5. AWU Representative
>
> Anyways...you get the idea.
> I don't think there is any reason this couldn't be reinstated by the
> Community at this time.
>
> It would take folks who are interested in the betterment of the Community
> and who can turn negatives into positives.
> I don't think it would work if people who enjoy having b***h sessions were
> on any chairs though.
>
> I would think that the chairs would also need to be quite organized with
the
> concerns prior to sending emails or meeting with any AWI Representative.
>
> Anyways...just food for thought:)

Chat log

Jul 1, 2003, 12:22am
I have a problem with my automatic chat log. I don't know why, but after a
certain number of lines, it stops recording the chat log. Does anybody know
why or can tell me how to solve this ? Thanks :-)

-Weizer

Chat log

Jul 1, 2003, 9:29pm
Well, I don't know the exactly number of lines, but I know that after it
reaches 63ko, it stucks and stop to record de logs.

-Weizer

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f0211f5 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> How many lines, if its a LOT then you could copy it over & delete every so
> often
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

Chat log

Jul 1, 2003, 11:13pm
I dont think this is the point but thanks a lot for the information :-)

-Weizer

"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f022bb7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> What kinda computer will open such a big file then?
> 800GHz with 1024GB RAM?

[View Quote]

Certain worlds don't work on my 3.4 browser.

Jul 2, 2003, 1:02pm
I also have this problem, only with the Gate. I have a matrox G-400 and I
run with Hardware T&L mode. If I use only DirectX9 without T&L I don't crash
at the Gate, but T&L is much better.

-Weizer

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f028f32 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Certain worlds, no matter what graphics settings I try, cause my 3.4
browser
> to freeze. Specifically, the worlds AWTeen and AWRPG. Instantly after
> teleporting to those worlds, my browser stops responding, and I have to
> close it via the task manager. I know someone else has had this problem
as
> well, and posted it in the NGs, but I couldn't find it, and I wasn't sure
if
> it was answered. Anyway, can anyone help me solve this problem?

Please read / AW HACKED

Jul 14, 2003, 3:43pm
Isn't it Alcior ? The guy who owns "FRANCE!" ? I thinks its other nickname
is AgentSmith.

"zerge aka rexory" <erik.faes1 at pandora.be> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f12e7e4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> some guy called arcior gave it to matt on msn , and i know thta for sure ,
> how do you know for sure it didnt , and you think you know how it happend
?
> and french doesnt make you stupid , i am belgian , cant be worse :)

Please read / AW HACKED

Jul 15, 2003, 1:43am
Yeah I totally agree. Good idea. I need this as well. hehe

-Weizer
"andras" <andras at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f135cca$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Some kind of error in outlook..

Jul 14, 2003, 3:24pm
Yes I think this makes sense, because it happens to me only when I click on
a thread, and it happens randomly.

-Weizer
"kf" <none at junk.mail> a écrit dans le message de news:
3F12A4AB.1EC1 at junk.mail...

> It appears to me rather that the server thread sometimes is stuck or
> needs a lot of time to reverse dns, since after the initial waiting
> period, it responds quite fast then.
>
> 4 7 ms 8 ms 10 ms hsa1.dus1.gig9-0.118.eu.level3.net
> [62.67.36.77]
> 5 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae0-20.mp2.Dusseldorf1.Level3.net
> [195.122.168.2
> 02]
> 6 21 ms 19 ms 18 ms so-0-0-0.mp2.London1.Level3.net
> [212.187.128.25]
> 7 84 ms 85 ms 84 ms so-1-0-0.bbr2.NewYork1.level3.net
> [212.187.128.1
> 53]
> 8 90 ms 91 ms 91 ms so-0-1-0.mp2.Boston1.Level3.net
> [209.247.9.126]
> 9 91 ms 90 ms 91 ms gige11-0.hsa1.Boston1.Level3.net
> [64.159.3.142]
> 10 90 ms 91 ms 96 ms unknown.Level3.net [63.211.175.26]
> 11 91 ms 91 ms 91 ms border7.ge1-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net
> [63.251.128.12
> ]
> 12 91 ms 90 ms 92 ms border14.ge4-1.bos.bsn-1.bos.pnap.net
> [216.52.63
> .225]
> 13 91 ms 90 ms 90 ms border1.fe6-0-fenet2.bos.pnap.net
> [216.52.63.68]
> 14 92 ms 92 ms 90 ms news.activeworlds.com [64.94.241.201]
>
> ------------
>
> 4 7 ms 9 ms 9 ms hsa1.dus1.gig9-0.118.eu.level3.net
> [62.67.36.77]
> 5 8 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae0-15.mp1.Dusseldorf1.Level3.net
> [195.122.168.1
> 61]
> 6 11 ms 12 ms 12 ms so-2-0-0.mp2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net
> [212.187.128.
> 97]
> 7 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms gige6-1.core2.Frankfurt1.Level3.net
> [195.122.136
> .86]
> 8 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms Telia-Level3.level3.net
> [195.122.136.250]
> 9 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms ffm-b1-pos3-0.telia.net [213.248.68.169]
> 10 41 ms 42 ms 41 ms pantel-01946-ffm-b1.c.telia.net
> [213.248.79.134]
> 11 40 ms 39 ms 39 ms ge0-1-0-20.bud1corej1.pantel.net
> [212.24.164.146
> ]
> 12 40 ms 42 ms 42 ms banknet-gw.pantel.net [212.24.161.186]
> 13 47 ms 47 ms 47 ms 193.131.103.134
> 14 54 ms 52 ms 52 ms storage-gw.banknet.net [193.131.103.21]

[View Quote]

Some kind of error in outlook..

Jul 16, 2003, 6:22pm
I also agree. It's still long but a bit faster.

-Weizer
"themask" <admin at themask.3dhost.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f15b187$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I agree. :)

what happened to...

Jul 15, 2003, 4:44pm
She told me this will be discussed while Bit is in Boston.So from July 25th
to August 12th.

-Weizer
"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f144b2d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> hey goob and alpha, you guys ever get around to talking to someone about
the
> citizen council thing? if so, what happened? :)
>
> -SWE

what happened to...

Jul 15, 2003, 4:46pm
August 17th, sry
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f144b9a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> She told me this will be discussed while Bit is in Boston.So from July
25th
> to August 12th.
>
> -Weizer
> "swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3f144b2d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> the

Nox 3.4 in Development

Jul 16, 2003, 1:19pm
A repeated ground object wouldn't be better to simulate rain ? Otherwise
with a skybox the rain would be too big. Try to put xaw28.rwx (from the
megapath) in your world for the skybox, the rain does not look good.

-Weizer
"robbie" <robbie at oriox.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f155105 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> the
>
> This would be too laggy across larger worlds.
>
> snow
>
> Nox can control the skybox, and the skybox can be used to simulate snow or
> rain with an animated masked object.

time
> sunlight
> time
> south
> how
>
> Nox will be able to do this, I forgot to mention it in the first post.
> Again, the speed of the sun and moon is completely configurable. :)
>
> -Robbie

Nox 3.4 in Development

Jul 16, 2003, 1:25pm
Oh no I'm not talking about this kind of rain. The rain you are talking
about is on the background (you can't touch it). With a reapeting ground
object, you would be IN the rain, if you understand what I mean. Rain is not
a texture, it should be an object.

-Weizer
"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f156daf at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Make the rain a 1024x1024 texture then.
> The bigger the texture the smaller the rain can be.

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |