weizer // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

An Unofficial Alphaworld Poll

Jul 19, 2003, 2:32am
typo : "im (sure) newbie ..."

....and probably a lot more lol
-Weizer
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f18c940 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I agree 100% with Lara. AW GZ is history and the first Virtual 3D world on
> the internet. It MUST be preserved, just like it is. If you guys want some
> new changes, wait for NewAW. I'm newbies won't "kinda cock
> their head at it" :-)
>
> -Weizer
>
> "lara" <Lara at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3F189898.21BC4BE6 at tnlc.com...
> remain the comfortable, familiar old meeting place that it is. Wouldn't
> hurt to update where the tports take ya, though. SW City wouldn't be a
bad
> destination for one of them. :-)
> default landing spot for all new users. One of the gz tports was to
> "Laurel's NorthWest Territories". Since that was similar to my name, I
went
> out there...and settled out there. That tport is long gone. At least the
> CA still sends people in that direction. ;-)
(According
it
> but
> some
> option?
> features?
> not
> assess
> This
> about
into
poll
> an
> have
> reading

Cy's

Aug 27, 2003, 11:54pm
Alphabit told me the Cys have been cancelled this year. She will probably
make a post to confirm that.

-Weizer

"ihnk" <awihnk6 at yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f4d0851$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> its not

[View Quote]

City Building

Sep 11, 2003, 10:15am
what does that mean ?
btw i'm not very good in english.
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f600a6e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Lagorific.
>
> --
> --Bowen--
> http://bowen.homelinux.com/sys/
> Yeah, it's that good.
> (Maybe an AW section in the near future?)

City Building

Sep 11, 2003, 7:47pm
Did I complained about someone ? And sorry about the picts, but my web
server doesnt work now... I really don't know what I did wrong... I
specified the size of the file like everyone usually ask..and why would I
use email ? Who did I complained about ?

Sorry guys I just don,t understand and please can you be a little more
friendly and tell me what I did wrong and how can I solve this next time
instead of posting messages like ENXO please assasinate...stop thinking
about bringing down others and help them instead.

Thanks
-Weizer
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
Xns93F3B97F06708kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201...
> "weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in news:3f60677e$1
> at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> It means you posted a big attachment. Anyway, you're completely off topic.
>
> If you have pictures to show, give us a link. If you want to complain
about
> some person, use email. Thank you.
>
> KAH

Community Vote

Sep 11, 2003, 10:17am
That's ok with me :-)
As long as I keep my position and that I can finish that picture project :-)

-Weizer
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f5f8660$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I would like to put an idea out there and see what ya'll think:)
> What do all of you say we allow Linn to take the Cy Awards this year
and
> organize them?
> I personally would like to see how she can improve on them and make
> everyone happy. And if she does well....maybe I will just release them to
> her:)
> Whatcha say Linn?
> Think you can handle the load?:)

Pissing contests

Sep 13, 2003, 11:33am
I agree with that. The purposes of these NGs are to ask for help, help,
express your opinion and defend it but not in the case of something personal
against someone. Also, the best way to stop these threads is to not answer
them at all. Some (a lot) of people answer threads and write "Please can you
two stop posting thread here when you are arguing something personal with
each other bla bla bla..." and then these two persons start arguing with the
person who wrote the thread and it just start again. So please if you don't
like a thread or you find it pathetic (like a lot of people do with The
Lady's ones) please JUST DON'T POST YOU COMMENT AT ALL. Posting a thread
saying that "your post is pathetic and the debate it causes fill up the NGS"
is USELESS. because a lot of people writes that and what it does is FILLING
THE NGS. If you are intelligent and would like to improve the situation, do
not post any reply or comment to this. ANY. If everybody do it, don't worry
the NGS won,t be filled with crap. Saying that a post is pathetic is NOT
CONSTURCTIVE ans IT WILL NOT IMPROVE ANYTHING. Everybody knows it if it is
pathetic, you don't need to say it to everyone. But, if you read the post,
you don't find it pathetic but you do not agree or you agree, now you can
post your opinion and that would be correct arguing. It won't turn against
someone, but against his/her opinion and thats correct to not agree with
someone.

I hope everybody understood my post even with my poor english...sorry.

-Weizer
"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f62558e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I have noticed that he kids, mostly binarybud and bowen has been filling
up
> the NGs with their fighting. I know I now and then are guilty of doing
the
> same, but I think this is getting a bit out of hands.
>
> No matter what thread you open you will find a binarybud and bowen
fighting.
> Maybe AW could open a new group for fights and debates; especially those
> that has nothing to do with AW, but are only a result of 2 or more people
> disliking eachother
>
> Drac

America is now open to building

Sep 23, 2003, 1:31am
Please let her the time to learn, nobody's perfect.

-Weizer
"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f6fae90$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It'll be a dead world for as long as she's there. She doesn't know how to
run a world
> properly.

[View Quote]

Effects I'd like to get ahold of...

Nov 2, 2003, 9:18pm
I gave this idea few months ago but I didn't realize that if you use a
ground object it'll rain inside.

-Weizer
"john" <johnf at 3d-reality.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa58694 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A ground object could be used to produce rain :-o
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

My rant...

Nov 5, 2003, 8:01pm
There are some good points here, thanks for sharing your ideas. Though,
there are two things I don't agree with.

I'm one of those who really cares about the preservation of Alpha World.
Adding new objects and texteures is fine, doing a winter theme, if it was a
tradition, is also fine, but changing things like the GZ, the ground, the
skybox... to me this is not really acceptable. AW was the first virtual
online world. The building that were built back in 1995 should look exactly
the same as they were in 1995. What I mean is that you can ADD things but
you cannot REMOVE things from Alphaworld. Changing the sky is REMOVING the
old one so you change the way the things looked like. Though, things adding
3D axis rotation is OK to me, because you can CHOOSE if you want to change
YOUR objects, and you can still keep the old ones exactly like before : the
change is not obligatory for everyone.

And about the events... I don't think this AWI job. If the community
want some events, it's ITS responsability to organize them. AWI is there to
give you the authorization and help you organize them if you need it.

-Weizer

My rant...

Nov 5, 2003, 10:04pm
Oh well, if most of the people want to remove things from AlphaWorld, then
it's the community choice : it's democracy and there's nothing I can do
about it. Regarding me, I'm fine with what's going on, so if you guys want
some change, then you have to be enough complaning so AWI can do a community
vote.

-Weizer

"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa98874 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> What is your opinion on putting these changes to a community vote, Weizer?

My rant...

Nov 5, 2003, 10:09pm
I agree with you that this would be fun, but not nesecary in a world like
AW. Otherwise AW loses all its sens. That's why I think a world like NewAW
is a very good idea : these changes can be put there.. if they finnaly open
it *rolleyes*

-Weizer
"sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa99e85 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yes please do not change the lights at all, because all color matching
using
> the create color command gets thrown off.
>
> I have an idea though. Why not use a sky box that looks identical to the
> mountains now? One reason is because they're less error prone. Similar
> Ryan, those backdrops don't display right for ATI r200 chipset graphic
> cards. It would also allow for periodic temporary weather changes like a
> cloudy day, which would pretty fun.

[View Quote]

My rant...

Nov 6, 2003, 10:50am
SW Comit and Bowen this is your opinion... mine is different. I really care
about the exact preservation of AW. Then if AWI decides to do a vote, I know
what I'm going to vote. Can't change my mind ;-)

-Weizer
"bowen" <ten.sardna at newob> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa9a1ed at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

My rant...

Nov 7, 2003, 4:00pm
Yes I completely agree with Jstone. If the community want some changes then
it's its responsabily to change something. AWI is responsible of the
techinical side of AW, they're not responsible of making the community
alive. They build the browsers, and they're doing fine. Now to all the ones
who think the community's dead : give ideas, get involved. This is what it
takes to make a community alive. Anyway AWI can try anything they can, but
if nobody gets involved, it's useless.

-Weizer
"jstone2004" <j at jlife.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3faa5a65$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> yeah, not to mention, any of us are free at any time to leave AW, if we do
> not like it, then we are not bound here like slaves... I appreciate all
that
> AWI does for us, so saying they suck is not only a direct insult to them,
> but to the community here as well...

My rant...

Nov 7, 2003, 4:17pm
Can you please be a lil more constructive in your comments ? This is
writting a post just for the fun of writting.

-Weizer
"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fab07dd at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A!!CT Sucks, the reason it failed?
>
> It's ran by a bunch of 13 year olds with half a brain, all supervised by a
> 40 some year old man with a quarter of a brain.
>
> Bunch of spazzing 13 year olds in administration getting into fights over
> the stupidest things and space is limited and all used up and a bunch of
> lame people hang out there.... Oh i could go on but i'll stop now.
>
> --
> Brock
> AW: 308723

Tourist building in Alphaworld

Nov 14, 2003, 2:39am
I agree with that. Building in AW also convinced me to buy a citizenship.

-Weizer

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fb32486$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Most of the long-time AW users that I know, wanted to subscribe based on
the
> experience they got building tourist towns in alphaworld. Alphaworld is
the
> flagship world for AW, why not let tourists experience it to its full
> potential?

Subway Wagon

Dec 23, 2003, 1:59pm
Does anybody have a subway wagon object for free ? COFMeta's one is pretty
small and not enough realistic. Thanks !

-Weizer

Ahem

Jan 30, 2004, 8:48pm
Yes I agree. Many people are too destructive here. For god's sake please try
to be CONSTRUCTIVE. Destructive comments are useless, it's certainly not
that way you'll help to improve AWI.

-Weizer
"rossyboy" <rossyboy at vwtv.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
401aaa4c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> STOP BITCHING IT'S A NEW VERSION, A NEW *BETA* VERSION.
>
> Maybe instead of bitching to each other you could try emailing AWI about
> making the features you don't like optional. How do you even know that
> they're *not* planning to do that?

The Game

Feb 20, 2004, 11:00am
The Lady the problem with you is that you always make big statements, but
nobody knows what you're talking about. What's the use of sending a post in
a NGs that nobody understands ? You always talk with tons of insinuations.
Make it clear. What is cruel ? Give examples for god's sake.

-Weizer

"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
4035add5 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The mere fact of the corruption that takes place here certainly would be
> reason enough for people to question others motives. Things that happen
in
> AW are weird - also sometimes cruel. That in itself would be reason to
> wonder if someone is deceiving you.
>
> You call my experiences paranoia. Things that happen in AW link to local
> locations. Sometimes in a cruel way, sometimes in a good way. If this
has
> never happened to you, I'm happy for you. However, if it saves one person
> from the agony of wondering if they are the only one, I have found much
> satisfaction in making the post.

[View Quote] > Another
> weird
of
in
> things
stuff

Awesome city

Feb 24, 2004, 3:51pm
Few months ago I gave a citizenship to one of my friends that couldnt afford
it, now citizen NyxBoy #353126. He made and awesome city (that he is still
continuing) in the public building world America, builded under the
priviledges of the citizenship American Builder. It has a subway, a higway,
an aeroport, some impressive buildings and a lot more. The coordinates are
150N 200E. really, you should visit it : it's an extraordinary work. It may
lag for some users though...

Share and enjoy,
-Weizer

question unknown address and exe

Feb 26, 2004, 11:20am
I also got something like that with a zip attached to it coming from
3 at andras.net if I remember well... I didn't take the chance to open it.

-Weizer
"lioness." <nobody at nowhere.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
403db1dd$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I got something like that about 3 weeks ago too but from a
> 3DTom at activeworlds.com with an attachment and the following in the body of
> the email:
>
> attachment.
>

> Dunno what was in the attachment cus I dont' open those unless I feel its
> safe and if a friend of mine warns me ahead of time to expect it. I
replied
> back and tried to explain that since I don't know who it is, that I won't
> open it. But got the mailerdaemon instead. Saved the message from
> mailerdaemon just in case but figured it was some immature jerk playing
> games with me. ;-"D

[View Quote]

Farewell AW(Cross-post Community/Worldbuilders)

Mar 10, 2004, 1:18am
: (

Too bad I didn't have the chance to know you better, and I'm sad that you
won't do the Cys with TTV.. I know you did a lot for the community and I
hope you will come back as soon as you can ! Good luck and take care :-)

-Weizer
"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40493571$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Dear AW Community,
> After my years of joy on AW, I regret to inform everyone that I am
> leaving. My school grades are going down, and my parents feel it best that
> focus my efforts on my studies. I am leaving for a period of about four
> months. I know to me it will seam like forever. But I must leave.
>
> I first came to AW back a while ago and was a tourist for what seamed
> like forever, I got my first cit, and was greatly pleased with the
features
> of the program. over the years iv done so much stuff and I now love this
> place more than anything in the world.
>
> I also want you all to know any projects such as TTV, AWPromo, and
such
> ill try to work on from outside of AW, but I am trying to get a friend to
> take temporary leadership over TTV for me.
>
> I hope my citizen doesn't expire and become NAC. But I will try to
hurry
> back and get my grades up.
>
> Thanks a bunch AW, Ill miss ALL of you (yes even strike rapier, Brock, and
> my old rivals)
> C P,Crazy PiLLs, CrAzY PiLLs, Yami Trunks, "Trunks", Chris,
>
> :-(

Lara & Raine. Have Passed Away?

Apr 3, 2004, 7:10pm
This is not CW's email account.... there's the word deedee in it but it's
not on hotmal and not the same numbers :-)

-Weizer

"garnet" <red.garnet at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
406f2740$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> omg.. well then if thats true.. she needs to know someone is using her
email
> account addy.. I haven't deleted the email yet .. and if its any help Id
> pass it on to her.. but Im not sure what can be done.

[View Quote]

Move and rotate ?

Apr 3, 2004, 5:20pm
I may be very late, but I never heard of move and rotate enabled in AW... is
this new ? Just wondering...

-Weizer

Move and rotate ?

Apr 3, 2004, 7:21pm
NM... they answered my question at AW GZ.... I should have thought of doing
this before, sorry.

-Weizer

"weizer" <guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
406f0e68 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I may be very late, but I never heard of move and rotate enabled in AW...
is
> this new ? Just wondering...
>
> -Weizer

Need Help!

Apr 6, 2004, 8:23pm
LOL I guess this is a joke, but without smileys it seems serious.

-Weizer

"lady barbara" <barbeisner at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
40731c59$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Check out AWUniversity--they're currently giving classes in RWX, TS, and
> alot more!
> --Lady Barbara

[View Quote]

Where has gone NewAW ?

Apr 10, 2004, 8:29pm
Just wondering...

-Weizer

Cy Awards Nominees Bal

Apr 16, 2004, 4:58pm
Hi all !

This year, the Cy Awards won't host the Nominees Bal... we will give this
opportunity to another public or private world ! If you are interested in
hosting the bal, send an e-mail to guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca It can
be any kind of world. Don't worry about the user limit increase, you won't
have to pay it. We will chose the world we think is the more appropriate and
orginal :-)

-Weizer

help me :)

Apr 25, 2004, 8:00pm
Actualy, the problem is that he/she uses a translator. Most of the free
translators on the internet are only good to translate one word at the time,
it's just faster than looking in the dictionnary. Since these translators
are free, translating whole sentences doesn't work very well : it's doesn't
pay attention to syntax at all and sometimes it's just non-understandable.

-Weizer

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit2003(NOSPAM) at swbell.net> a écrit dans le message
de news: 408a836f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> www.babelfish.com ?

[View Quote]

help me :)

Apr 25, 2004, 11:31pm
En effet. Heu, le français est ma langue natale. Je comprend que tu fais de
ton mieux pour écrire l'anglais mais les messages que tu envois sont tout
fait incompréhensibles. Tu devrais écrire tes messages en français et un
francophone ce fera surement le plaisir de le traduire (dont moi) ou
peut-être même de répondre à ta question directement. N'essaie surtout pas
d'utiliser les traducteurs gratuits du web, ils sont très mal conçus et
donnent des résultat médiocres.

-Weizer :-)

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
osko80pqslfnn12mato7mou26dli1tmpgk at 4ax.com...
> Heu, most of your postings are non understandable. Bowen suggested a
> very good idea:
>
> Écrivez votre question en français. Nous pourrons vous aider
> davantage.
>
> This is not meant to annoy you. I am french myself from my father, so
> I speak it fluently, family french, although I'm not good at writing
> it; I may miss some new technical terms in french though. But I can
> not understand what you write here, even when I try to translate back
> to french.
>
> Maybe: write your question in french here, then followed by the same
> in your english. This will make it easier for us to undersatnd what
> you mean.
>
> Salut,
> Alex

[View Quote]

Cys Nominees Ball

May 3, 2004, 11:09pm
Because of Alphabit Phalpha's departure to Phoenix and the busy schedule the
Cy Team has, the Cy Awards Nominees Ball will be cancelled this year.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Weizer
Cy Awards Media Director
guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca