weizer // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

Nox 3.4 in Development

Jul 16, 2003, 2:27pm
Ya I know that it needs texture, but the resolution of the texture would not
change anything if its a ground object. I think it's rather the object size
that would change something. Look at the object xaw28.rwx you'll see what
I'm talking about. The misunderstanding is probably my fault, hehe, I've
difficulties to express my ideas in english.

-Weizer
"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f157010 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> It's an object with rain texture strip on it. Either as skybox or as
ground object, both
> need it to be a texture.

[View Quote]

Nox 3.4 in Development

Jul 16, 2003, 10:14pm
LOL good point, I didn't think about it. So a realistic rain is not possible
on AW as I can see.

-Weizer
"alexthemartian" <alex at virtual-studios.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f15e109 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> if the rain touches you.. wont it touch you when you are inside too?..
> unless AW comes up with the technology to have rain outside and not
inside,
> the rain will be coming through the roof like it was built in Tijuana

[View Quote]

Test

Jul 17, 2003, 12:39pm
When a thread is closed, if you had already seen it, you will still be able
to see it, but you won't be able to post a reply. Only the users that have
not see the thread will get the "deleted thread" message and won't be able
to read it.

-Weizer
"imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f16274c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi :)
>
> Is the thread you are refering to being closed titled Port surfing,
illegal
> ?
> I'm asking Because this is the second time I read posts aobut it being
> closed. If this is the thread, I still see it in the community group. I'm
> useing outlook express.
>
> Imagine

[View Quote]

out of control gk bot

Jul 19, 2003, 2:13am
Agree 100% with Ste. And also, the amount of life experience you got does
not mean anything. It depends of the experiences theirselves, not how many
you had.

-Weizer
"stecloud" <stecloud at fsmail.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f187149 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Come on, Bowen tries to dispute your point and you call him a joke and a
> "disrespectful ass". I normally sit on the fence in just about msot
> everything - but if someone started to take shots at me, i'm not just
gonna
> lie down and take it. Similairly, i'm not going to with-hold my opinion
on
> something - if I think someone is wrong (which Bowen obviously does, I for
> one don't have an opinion). Sure, it'd be hypocritical if Bowen could
> dispute your points and you couldn't his - but when you start throwing
> personal insults in - well, its not very mature or manly.
>
> I guess i'm just a kid to you anyway, but I can at least try to teach you
> something. As I said I sit on the fence for most things, but Bowen seems
> have an opinion on everything. What's wrong with that? I'm sure msot
> people on these NGs live in a civilised, developed country where people
are
> entitled to opinions, but maybe there is a usage limit where you live. It
> seems Bowen's has run out, whatever the case is.
>
> Flame me :P

[View Quote]

3.4 Users?

Oct 7, 2003, 10:44pm
I have a friend that still uses 3.3 because he hates navigation in 3.4. I
know you can change it so it's the same as 3.3 but anyone that doesn't take
the time to play with the configuration don't. This may be one of the
problems. Anyway... didn't AWI said that 3.4 will be forced upgrade ?

-Weizer
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f8193de$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Oh cool Andras....so are all of those builds 3.4?
> Maybe I can contact those that you have citnames and warn them of what
they
> would experience if they dont upgrade.
> I wonder why they haven't upgraded...hmmmm.
> I would think any new users coming in would be downloading 3.4?
> Hmmm...this wouldn't be counting tourists would it?
> Sorry so many questions, but truly appreciate the info Sweetie!
> Bit:)

[View Quote]

3.4 Users?

Oct 9, 2003, 10:32pm
Oh about the movement speed actually theres nothing you can do but you can
set the controls exactly like 3.3.

-Weizer
".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f83f06a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> how do you set the movement back? o_O
>
> --
> -.Duo. (342836)
[View Quote]

Does anyone have the URL to the beta page?

Nov 4, 2003, 8:22pm
http://activeworlds.com/help/aw35/beta.html

-Weizer
"c p" <chris101d at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa82f75$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I need the url everyone gives out so easily, i knwo its been posted many
> times, but i cannto find it, i knwo its like www.activeworlds.com/help/
> sdomething. does anyone have it?

World Sever Problem

Nov 4, 2003, 8:27pm
I run my world "Unreal" on another computer that I just received. There's
only the Active World server and WinMe installed on it. The world server
says that the world is connected to local and that there's no error. In my
AW browser, the world appear in the list, but when I click on it to teleport
in it, the browser keeps saying "Looking for Unreal..." and I am not able to
enter it. Any help would be very appreciated.

-Weizer

World Sever Problem

Nov 4, 2003, 9:28pm
I do use a router, Buildzerz. Though, I don't understand what you're talking
about Weebo. I don't know much about networks... can you tell me what a
subnet mask and a gateway are ? And how can I change them under WinMe ?

Thanks.
-Weizer
"weebo" <weebo at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa8418f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I just went thru this with somebody and this is what we did. If this don't
> fix it we can try something else lol. Have both computers set subnet mask
> 255.255.0.0 and put the default gateways to identical, ex: if default
> gateways is 221.52.40.1 then make sure or set both computers to have it
set
> same...both computers should have identical subnet mask and default
gateway
> (this is assuming they have more than 1 IP#) otherwise it would be the
> configurations in the router vs the computers.
>
> Weebo

[View Quote]

World Sever Problem

Nov 4, 2003, 11:02pm
That was indeed a router problem, and I solved it.
Thanks a lot everybody for you great help :-)

-Weizer
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa835f2$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I run my world "Unreal" on another computer that I just received. There's
> only the Active World server and WinMe installed on it. The world server
> says that the world is connected to local and that there's no error. In my
> AW browser, the world appear in the list, but when I click on it to
teleport
> in it, the browser keeps saying "Looking for Unreal..." and I am not able
> enter it. Any help would be very appreciated.
>
> -Weizer

World Sever Problem

Nov 5, 2003, 10:36am
Thanks a lot Andras. I had problems with my files transfers and yesterday I
was trying to play with these "Virtual Servers" they're on my router, now I
understand better and as I can see it's mostly a port thing. Fortunatly it
will be easier to solve my problems with your post :-) Networks are more
complicated than I thought eheh. Now I have to set up my HTTP and FTP Server
and I have this feeling that I'll have to put a lot of time on it :-p

-Weizer

Just for Grins (from Fred Langa)

Nov 11, 2003, 1:57am
LOL ! love it.

-Weizer
"andras" <andras at andras.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3faf6839$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those
long and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that.

> 1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call,
prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good size.

> Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That will
give you 25 one inch blocks.

> 2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block
> a. synergy
> b. strategic fit
> c. core competencies
> d. best practice
> e. bottom line
> f. revisit
> g. expeditious
> h. to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
> i. 24/7
> j. out of the loop
> k. benchmark
> l. value-added
> m. proactive
> n. win-win
> o. think outside the box
> p. fast track
> q. result-driven
> r. empower (or empowerment)
> s. knowledge based
> t. at the end of the day
> u. touch base
> v. mindset
> w. client focus(ed)
> x. paradigm
> y. game plan
> z. leverage
>
> 3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
words/phrases.

> 4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally,
stand up and shout "Bullhockey!"

> Testimonials from satisfied "Bullhockey Bingo" players:
> -- "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."-
Adam W., Atlanta
> -- "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."- David
T., Florida
> -- "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first
win."- Dan J., New York City
> -- "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us
waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver
> -- "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'Bullhockey!' for
the third time in two hours."

> --
> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

A Message

Jun 4, 2003, 9:38pm
This is one of the most pathetic thread I've seen on the Internet. Only one
comment : *LOL*
--------------------------
Weizer
#332602 AW
#4808 OW

"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eddaedc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> As I'm sure all of you have noticed, gradually, things in the community
are
> disappearing or ceasing. I've noticed it and tried to do what I can in
the
> most positive way I know how to show I want the community to continue to
> exist. Others are doing their part too, it isn't just me.
>
> Now to the message. It is understood that some of you do not wish to hear
> that evil has invaded what was once a very wonderful, vibrant community.
> Unfortunately, it is a fact that must be faced for us to begin to solve
the
> problem. We must refuse the principles of the ungodly, and not associate
> with evil people, nor fellowship with anyone who mocks the things of God.
> If we do this, we will be as it says in Psalm 1:3. "He is like a tree
> planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose
leaf
> does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." We must make the right
> choices. End of message.
>
> Continuing on, I have experienced all of these things here, and am saying
in
> this public forum that if you have shown any of these things to me, I will
> not stand in your path. I'm not going to leave, but I won't associate
with
> you. And I am going to refuse to do it your way. It doesn't mean I'll
have
> all the right answers and do things perfectly here, because sometimes it
is
> very hard to determine what is right and wrong every single time. But I'm
> going to try my very best. Each one of you must do the same. In hopes
that
> our community will once again be flowing with tourists needing to learn
how
> to build, overflowing GZ's full of great conversation, and wonderful
> builds - all to leave a flourishing community to the future citizens of
AW.

Your cat in colour? votre chat en couleur?

Jun 17, 2003, 5:26pm
For those of you who can't understand : "chat" in english is still "chat",
not a cat.

--------------------------
Weizer - Cy Awards Media Coordinator
#332602 AW
#4808 OW

"alcior" <alcior at virtuelfrance.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eee680c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Alcior/agentSmith: FRANCE!
> Your cat in colour? Simple.
> Use Preston put the command(order) for colours: sentence have: nothing
> Misk / announce
> Recipient: nothing
> Message: %a: %r (guarder the meme spacing that here between %%a and r)
> Color: your blue, yellow couleu..
> Bold 1 or 0
> Then go to option / world / proprièté / preference / here tick you
> deactivate the window of dialogue
> sorry for translation lolll
>
> votre chat en couleur? simple.
> utiliser Preston. mettez la commande pour les couleurs: phrase as: rien
> Misk/announce
> recipient: rien
> message: %a: %r (guarder les meme espacement qu'ici entre %a et %r)
> color: votre couleu bleu, jaune..
> bold 1 ou 0
> Ensuite allez dans option/monde/proprièté/preference/ ici vous cocher
> désactive la fenêtre de dialogue

Your cat in colour? votre chat en couleur?

Jun 17, 2003, 5:53pm
Telegram from Bastillion, sent just now:
Hello, noticed your post in the newsgroups, correcting the French person's
"cat/chat"... do you, by chance, happen to know what they were talking
about? I would like to get the Preston bot to change the colors in my chat
window.. if that is what they were referring to.
--

Ok maybe it needs to be re-translated. I'll do it the best as I can but I
didn't post that so if you still don't understand there's nothing else I can

Your chat in color? Simple.
Use Preston Bot.
Put the command (order) for colours: sentence as: nothing
Misk / announce
Recipient: nothing
Message: %a: %r (keep the same spacing that here between %a and %r)
Color: your blue, yellow color..
Bold 1 or 0
Then go to option/world/features/options/ here enable "hide chat"

I can't even understand it myself so maybe you won't be able as well, but I
hope it will be helpfull for those who know how that works and who own a
Preston and would like to change their world's chat color.
--------------------------
#4808 OW

Your cat in colour? votre chat en couleur?

Jun 17, 2003, 8:56pm
yw

--------------------------
#4808 OW
"alcior" <alcior at virtuelfrance.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3eef8c77 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thank for the translation Weizer ^^ Alcior.

they crossed the line.

Jun 30, 2003, 1:10pm
I think the best way to prevent these ejections is to give the gatekeepers
only the PS right. Then, if there's a trouble maker, they just need to call
a PK. Do they really need the eject right ?

-Weizer

"iggythealleycat" <arnoldlayn2005 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: BB25ED2D.5A8%arnoldlayn2005 at hotmail.com...
> Hullo!
> After 4 years in AW i have decided not to pay anymore.
> the gate, Gatekeepers, double standards and Holocaust denial:
> As AW is shrinking, i found myself more and more at AWGate,
> which in some hours is the only place you can chat in english,
> not in a Ds or Gor world and without gaining ex. points.
> After 3 years i found out there are Gatekeepers in AW,
> and the sight was very unpleasant.
> In my opinion, most of those people are a huge disfunction.
> Most of them use the guidelines only to pick on people they don't like,
> While they let their friends say and do whatever they want.
> I tried to contact gatekeepers at activeworlds.com and didn't got a
productive
> answer,
> then i contact the management which chose to pass my emails to kellie
which,
> again,
> did nothing productive.
> The limit was crossed when Vermin2 was justifying Hitler's deeds at the
> gate, without any respond from the Gatekeeper,
> Tigger GK, who was aware enough of what's going on to eject me for saying
> the GK's made a sport from ejecting me.
> I guess that Tigger's ego is far much a delicate matter than the lives of
> the millions who died in WW2.
>
> P.S : I am still waiting for an answer from gatekeepers at activeworlds.com
and
> kellie about Tigger's behavior that day.

they crossed the line.

Jun 30, 2003, 1:37pm
Yes, that would be a better alternative. There should be someone who logs as
a tourist and watch them, and then report how they do their job.

-Weizer
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f0057eb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I agree with this assessment .Duo. Want to harass someone about the GK's?
Let AWI know how upset you are with the current Staff and give them NAMES.
If they see certain names being repeated in a bunch in Emails maybe they
will listen huh?
> There ARE bad apples in every bushel.....that for sure does not spoil the
whole bushel.....as long as you pick out the bad ones now and then......:)
Someone DOES need to sit around and watch them for performance.... I've seen
some pretty lame GK's that are great people but did not know first thing
about "helping" someone with a problem. It's a hard "job" to be
friendly...welcoming...supportive.... and still deal with
troublemakers.....and the bottom line is they VOLUNTEER for this...:)

> It's a neat "club" to be in......but they still need to have a channel for
getting rid of the bad apples a little faster. It's amazing how fast they
can get rid of a "helpful/knowledgeable" GK when they do not fit in
politically or personally with a fellow GK.....but then leave a "rotten
apple" on staff for years. and ignore there behavior/lack of service, only
cause they are well liked in the "club"....this crap has to go.

> My 2 cents
> Leo :)
>
> PS; I see a heck of a lot more cit's "Cross the line" than I ever do
with the GK's.

[View Quote]

they crossed the line.

Jun 30, 2003, 1:38pm
But personally I wouldn't apply for that kind of job lol.

-Weizer
"weizer" <guillaume.soucis at vl.videotron.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f00591d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yes, that would be a better alternative. There should be someone who logs
as
> a tourist and watch them, and then report how they do their job.
>
> -Weizer
> "binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 3f0057eb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
GK's?
> Let AWI know how upset you are with the current Staff and give them NAMES.
> If they see certain names being repeated in a bunch in Emails maybe they
> will listen huh?
the
> whole bushel.....as long as you pick out the bad ones now and then......:)
> Someone DOES need to sit around and watch them for performance.... I've
seen
> some pretty lame GK's that are great people but did not know first thing
> about "helping" someone with a problem. It's a hard "job" to be
> friendly...welcoming...supportive.... and still deal with
> troublemakers.....and the bottom line is they VOLUNTEER for this...:)
for
> getting rid of the bad apples a little faster. It's amazing how fast they
> can get rid of a "helpful/knowledgeable" GK when they do not fit in
> politically or personally with a fellow GK.....but then leave a "rotten
> apple" on staff for years. and ignore there behavior/lack of service, only
> cause they are well liked in the "club"....this crap has to go.
> with the GK's.
> news:3f004fe4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
silly
> was
> and
> They
> REALLY
would
> be
> better
not
> like,
kellie
> the
> saying
lives
> of
> gatekeepers at activeworlds.com

they crossed the line.

Jun 30, 2003, 1:46pm
Afaik, not only troublemakers/rude/crude people get ejected. Just look at
the number of posts about it.

-Weizer

"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f005a20$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> YES absolutely they need eject. What are you afraid of? "THE GATE IS
FOR NEWBIES AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HELP THEM"..... If your not one of
these people then what are you doing there?. :)

> Leo :)
>
> Only troublemakers/rude/crude people get ejected.

[View Quote]

I crossed the line

Jul 1, 2003, 12:26am
Yes I saw that, you reply 100posts/sec...lol

-Weizer

".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f00f105$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Me :-P because those posts drive me nuts.
[View Quote]

Okay you can kill me now...

Jul 4, 2003, 4:55pm
I strongly agree.

-Weizer

"spectrum 65" <ska__ at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f05aded$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i agree all of you at 100% because:
> i remember the time i was just a tourist. It was like i was a kid who's
> discovering the world for the first time!
> i want to say that without all the nice people that i crossed during that
> time...and all the beautiful of AW...maybe today i would not be a citizen.
>
> In short....i dont know how AW is able to convince tourist to become
citizen
> today.
> 1- there's not much people as in time
> 2- there's no place for them to go
> 3- the prizes are too expensif for a tourist to say: Wow... this is not
> expensif as much.... i'll try aw as fast that i can!
> 4- i find aw boring at time since the prizes goes up...so imagine them!
>
> Spectrum65 - PS : sorry for my bad
> english
>

> "lara" <Lara at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news:3F05870D.86113C6C at tnlc.com...
> owners who have become discouraged with AWI's policy of "no tourists"
unless
> the world owner pays extra to allow them in.
> because Wings allowed tourists to build freely on her Nova world. Or even
> just because they ran across a nice lady who spent time talking to them
and
> encouraging them. I'm sure that's true of many other world owners who
have
> welcomed tourists into their worlds in the past.
the
> world owner wants to allow tourists in.
> only advertisement AWI has going for it right now. World owners should
not
> be charged extra to help tourists (potential customers) see as much of
> *that* little bit of advertisement as possible.
> part of what kept Active Worlds *active*... in so many ways.
> the owner enables them to enter.
owners
> who are currently paying an additional $60 for tourist accessibility.
and
> which I
> went to
part
> of
> It
tourists
money
do
> not
> she
> and
> NOT
> moving

Volunteers needed

Jul 6, 2003, 11:25pm
Because some team members resigned from the team, I need people for a
picture project for the Cy Awards website. All the info on
http://www.dls.d2g.com/weizer/pictproj.htm (At the bottom of the page). If
you are interested, please contact me at weizer at my.activeworlds.com

You can post questions in the NGs so I won't have to answer them twice or
more.

Thanks,
#4808 OW

Volunteers needed

Jul 8, 2003, 12:47pm
I don't only need people for the team, I aso seend help. If one of the
awards on listed on
http://www.dls.d2g.com/weizer/pictproj.htm is yours, it would be very
appreciated if you could send me one picture of your work. Also, if you have
already took some good pictures but it's not your work, you can still send
me some. Thanks for your help.

#4808 OW
weizer at my.activeworlds.com

its a nice day in AW

Jul 14, 2003, 1:16am
shhhh...dont speak too loud, there may be an AWI employee not far away ;-)

-Weizer
"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f121f6b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> According to the people I've talked to, tourists is only going to be
during
> AWFest. The closing ceremony is over, and tourists are still allowed.
> Hopefully they will "forget" to disable tourist acccess and maybe
> "accidentally" enable tourist building? ;D

its a nice day in AW

Jul 14, 2003, 3:17pm
dooh.

"e n z o" <enzo at activeworlds.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f12c340$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yeah, they might hear you and remember shhhhhhhhhh

Aw video5 released

Jul 16, 2003, 2:13pm
WOW. it's awesome. The quality is excellent as well. Frankly, it's
wonderful. Keep up the good work!

-Weizer
"pineriver" <pineriver at thenett.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f15771a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> http://aw31.netfirms.com
> This is a video that I have done to promote active worlds, check it out :)

Aw video5 released

Jul 17, 2003, 12:33pm
Ya I know professional video editing spftware they use fot the cinema its
about 10k$. Software can be very expansive.

-Weizer

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f16a0d4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> lol! you have any idea how many thousands of dollars 3ds max and maya
cost?
> :)
> well, it really depends on the type of liecense, but if i remeber
correctly,
> 3ds max r4 was $5k for a single user liecense, or was that $7k? i cant
> remeber....
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

Aw video5 released

Jul 18, 2003, 1:29am
eheheh :-p
"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f175958 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ya, cost me about $20 for 3ds max! internet is paid by hour, and kazaa is
> slow :)
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

An Unofficial Alphaworld Poll

Jul 19, 2003, 2:29am
I agree 100% with Lara. AW GZ is history and the first Virtual 3D world on
the internet. It MUST be preserved, just like it is. If you guys want some
new changes, wait for NewAW. I'm newbies won't "kinda cock
their head at it" :-)

-Weizer

"lara" <Lara at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3F189898.21BC4BE6 at tnlc.com...
> The one I care about is #4 - Alphaworld's gz. Preserve it.
>
> There are plenty of other worlds with spiffy gz's. Let Alphaworld's gz
remain the comfortable, familiar old meeting place that it is. Wouldn't
hurt to update where the tports take ya, though. SW City wouldn't be a bad
destination for one of them. :-)

> As a historical note, when I first found this program AW gz was the
default landing spot for all new users. One of the gz tports was to
"Laurel's NorthWest Territories". Since that was similar to my name, I went
out there...and settled out there. That tport is long gone. At least the
CA still sends people in that direction. ;-)

> Lara

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |