casay // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  |

Kids will be kids!

Aug 15, 2001, 1:08pm
Hmm, lets see here again.....

Gor citizens complaining about underage people entering their worlds was the
origional post in other forum.

1) Gor citizens have been complaining about the same issue for a long time
and also complaining about other citizens harrasing them.
2) Several non-Gor citizens complain about being harrassed by Gor citizens.
3) Non- Gor citizens have complained about Gor- citizens promoting
themsevles and beliefs at various GZ's
4) Gor citizens wonder why they get harrassed and get several underage kids
in their worlds.

Solution? - Keep Gor worlds set to private and attempt to only allow adults
to enter. Don't promote themselves/lifestyle at various non-Gor GZ's where
they will get kids entering their worlds.

Yes, I do think and always have thought that since they seem to have a large
# of adult citizens that it would be beneficial to them to start their own
Uniserver. It would allow them to have the lifestyle they want without being
harrassed & have better control of not having children in there.

So everyone knows where I come from personally on this whole issue- I
personally do not agree with the Gor lifestyle and would never promote it or
be a part of it. I do know several people in AW that have been/are part of
it and don't judge them on that fact one way or another. I still have them
as friends. If that's what people want to do, to each their own is how I
feel. I do think that some women are unfortunately taken advantage of. I do
think that other women know exactly what they are doing and enjoy being a
part of it. Again, to each their own as long as they are adults and not
children.

I do not feel that most children are capable of making an informed decision
concerning this lifestyle. ( Note: I said most as I don't want to hear from
the younger members of this NG that they are capable... deal with it.) I do
think that every effort should be made to prevent children from entering
these worlds. Many were not even rated X as I feel all should be. I don't
know how they are currently rated. I do feel they should be set to private.

Keep your flames and biases, one way or another to yourself as I read it all
and heard it all before. I cannot see how ANYONE, Gor or non-Gor can
disagree that the worlds should be set to private and left that way. I'm
certain that Gor citizens will have their arguments as to why they shouldn't
be. If they truelly want to be left alone, not be harrassed and not have
children enter then setting to private and controlling who enters or getting
their own Uniserver is really the only options.

Casay

[View Quote]

e n z o

Aug 15, 2001, 10:55pm
Old Eep? Hmm you must not have been around very long. Years ago I was in a
world where Eep was playing tag with Enzo. Eep can actually be a pretty nice
guy if he doesn't think you're a twit. He's very playful. I don't think he
dislikes Enzo personally anyway. I just think he doesn't like how the
company is ran. Huge difference.

If you're a serious builder or modeler go into Hole sometime. Maybe you'll
get lucky and he'll show you some of the finer aspects of the world. (There
are many) He does work very hard to add realistic things to his world. Oh,
and be sure to have your sounds turned on and walk into everything! lol

Casay
PS- Shhhhh.......Don't tell anyone I told you this about him. I'd hate to be
the one to ruin such a bad reputation :-)

[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 3:05pm
I just wrote Rick a letter in the hopes that this is quickly corrected.
Surely this must be an decision error on the part of someone at AW.

Personal attacks are not allowed in the NG's and should not be allowed with
a world name. AW please remove it and/or have the world owner change the
name...period, end of story, enough said.

*fingers crossed that this is quickly taken care of as this thread will soon
turn ugly if not*
sigh....
Casay
origionally posted in worldbuilders, moving thread to here as it's a
community issure.
[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 3:38pm
NO ONE HAD THE RIGHT TO PERSONALLY ATTACK ANOTHER PERSON!!!!!!!
*calms down now a bit, sorry*
Casay

[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 5:14pm
Thank you so much Factor
Casay
[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 5:48pm
It's gone from the world list at the moment. Hope it's because AW did the
right thing :-)
Casay

[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 9:10pm
Huge Kudo's to the AW staff on this one for responding so quickly.
Thanks again!
Casay
[View Quote]

xelagon offline

Aug 22, 2001, 9:14pm
<snipped>
> Also, does anyone think that if this happened to a different person, that
AW
> would do anything? I think if it were the Average Joe in this situation,
AW
> wouldn't do anything
>
> BCG
Yes, I think that since it's a violation of their tems of service they would
remove any world name that personally attacked any individual like that.
Casay
[View Quote]

Idiots

Sep 2, 2001, 1:06am
Novel concept there Zero....expecting people to be civil to each other.
;-) Unfortunately for these NG's anymore it's a pipe dream....

Casay

[View Quote]

Idiots

Sep 2, 2001, 5:00pm
Don't worry about it LB and post here all you want!
Hugz!
Casay

[View Quote]

Update to Objects d'AW

Sep 2, 2001, 10:07pm
Hello all,
There's a lot of new objects that's been added today. There are more to be
added and are ready to upload but unfortunately I'm not able to still access
the site and probably won't be until Facter comes back around. Several
objects were added already though before that happened.

I donated several of my old models that I created when I first started
making objects years ago. I've done this as a birthday gift to the community
as I'm going to be 40 in a couple of days!! YIKES!

Hope everyone enjoys them,
Casay

Update to Objects d'AW

Sep 2, 2001, 10:47pm
Got access into the server so all is on the page at this time. Going to try
to upload to the Objectd' world and place in the updates section for anyone
that wants to see them in world.
[View Quote]

Update to Objects d'AW

Sep 2, 2001, 10:49pm
Thanks.... not older but better right??? lol
Casay
[View Quote]

There Is A Wolf In Sheep Clothing Loose In Active Worlds

Oct 3, 2001, 11:33pm
Last I checked there's a GENERAL DISCUSSION ng here and an OFF TOPIC ng on
Andras's server. USE THEM and get this personal junk out of here...
jeese........... So tired of the ppl in here....
Casay
[View Quote]

Avvy Awards 2001

Oct 5, 2001, 7:12am
Hello all,
Yep, it's that time of year again! This is just a 'heads' up for all you
avatar creators out there that might like to enter. There's not a submission
site set up yet but I'll be sure to post a link here when it's ready. The
deadline for submissions is going to be November 23, 2001, at 12 Midnight
VRT. You will have to use the submission page so do NOT send them to me
personally. Hopefully we will have some great prizes.

If you or your company might have a prize to donate and would like the
promotion that goes along with donating please contact me for now. Keep in
mind that the Avvy events are not only AW specific but include several
different 3d formats and environments. In other words the promotion should
be far reaching outside of the AW community. Many non-AW people attent the
actual events.

We are looking for things that 3D artists could use, programs, plug-ins, 3D
cards, books on 3D. we are also considering having 'door' prizes for people
that attend the event to those could be just about anything from t-shirts,
hats, or other items that the general public might like.

Also, we are thinking of adding a new category this year for animations
(seqs) since there are so many people creating them now. I'll keep you
posted about that too and if we add it.

I am only doing the Avvy Awards and submissions this year. I will take
donation information at this time just to assure that the correct person
gets the information & you get proper promotion. If you have other questions
about the events I'll be posting the site URL as soon as it's ready. Then
you'll be able to contact the proper person. Again, this post is only meant
to be an advance notice so people can start creating an entry or make a
prize donation.

Casay

What does it take?

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C1518F.E48243C0

Just wondering how AW was origionaly contacted over the obvious web site =
problem? Did you write to support or?=20
Casay
[View Quote] The number one concern of AWcom should be the proper handling of =
customers credit cards and moneys!!!!=20

What does it take?=20

Letters of complaint to the Better Business Bureau?=20
http://www.bb.org=20

Contacting the FTC - Fair Trade Commission?=20
http://www.ftc.gov/=20

Contacting your bank and the Credit Card Companies?=20

I am really tired of the apathy AWcom has surrounding people's =
security. It is a shame they only appear to care about themselves and =
not the people who pay their wages! It is a sad shame that management =
appears nowhere in these matters but the lack of management and concern =
shows immensely!=20

The latest credit card request by Noelle is pasted below:=20

From: "Noelle" <noelle at activeworlds.com>=20
To: ###############=20
Subject: Re: renewal problems=20
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:52:22 -0700=20

Hello -=20

Be sure when you are "renewing" you are on the current form. The =
current=20
link is http://www.activeworlds.com/products/worlds.asp=20

You may also send me your order and card information or call =
978-499-0222. I=20
can not renew the world gratis. If you are mailing Tom already I would =

suggest you await an e-mail answer from him regarding this matter.=20

Sincerely,=20

Noelle Caterino=20
Customer Service=20
Activeworlds.com Inc.=20
95 Parker St.=20
Newburyport, MA 01950=20

www.activeworlds.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C1518F.E48243C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just wondering how AW was origionaly =
contacted over=20
the obvious web site problem? Did you write to support or? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Casay</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"insanity" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:peace at nospam.com">peace at nospam.com</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] <P><B>You may also send me your order and card information</B> or call =

978-499-0222. I <BR>can not renew the world gratis. If you are mailing =
Tom=20
already I would <BR>suggest you await an e-mail answer from him =
regarding this=20
matter.=20
<P>Sincerely,=20
<P>Noelle Caterino <BR>Customer Service <BR>Activeworlds.com Inc. =
<BR>95=20
Parker St. <BR>Newburyport, MA 01950=20
<P>www.activeworlds.com </P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C1518F.E48243C0--

Avvy Awards Submission Form!!

Oct 24, 2001, 5:03am
Here it is all you wonderful avatar creators! The submission forms for the
Avvy Awards are ready. PLEASE read the instructions. Improperly submitted
avatars will not be accepted.

Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful entries!
http://www.digitalspace.org/avatars2001/avvys/avvysFormAW.html ( AW form)

If anyone creates avatars for other 3d Environments they are also accepted.
Please use one of the other forms for them. Links are at the top of the
page.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Casay

Avvy Awards 2001 - Nov 23rd dealine!!!

Nov 19, 2001, 5:10am
Hello all,
The dead line for submissions for the Avvy 2001 Awards is fast approaching.
It's November 23 at Midnight . Please check the link below for exact
information. Also, please make sure you include all of the needed
information as I won't have much time to get back with the entries for
missing seqs or dat file info.

Also, the prizes are coming around....... Can anyone say Poser? *tease* Yes,
there's more.
Hurry and get your entries in as time is running out!
Good luck to all who enter!
Casay
Usethis link to submit Aw avatars. There's other links for other 3D type
worlds to enter also.
http://www.digitalspace.org/avatars2001/avvys/avvysFormAW.html

3d homepages web page

Nov 22, 2001, 1:42am
Well, quit visiting porn sites........... lol Sorry couldn't resist. How
about disable html e-mail?
Casay

[View Quote]

3d homepages web page

Nov 23, 2001, 1:13pm
Umm that's disabling HTML.. thanks for giving details though...
Casay
[View Quote]

[NG Survivor] The Final Episode...or is it?

Nov 23, 2001, 1:11pm
Congrats to Syntax. Also, that link is pretty kewl!!!
Casay
<snipped it all>

Unfair Voting Procedure for Avatars 2001

Dec 7, 2001, 2:49am
Hello All,
Yes, I'm finally back. Don't we all just love AT&T? NOT!
Anyway, I'll try to address some of the problems we had and why we did some
of the things we did.

The vote bot-
We tried a vote bot this year because there were complaints last year that
the 'yell' we had wasn't fair. The vote bot was running at the same time in
3 different Uniservers, AW, OW, and 3DWorlds. It's my understanding that
this was part of the reason for the delayed responce and possibly no
response from the bot. Overall though I think it worked out well compared to
last year and it's something that might be done again. The prize that was
given from the bot vote was ActiveWorlds browser specific. In other words,
the avatars from other 3D environments were not in that contest. We were
trying to let the AW community be involved with the voting process. We do
try although things don't always work perfectly. I'd like to thank Magine
for her vote bot as it performed overall very well. I don't think there's
EVER been a bot in 3 different places like that taking votes. Possibly some
type of secure web based voting might be developed instead. ( Want to write
the code for it?? lol ) We are learning but if this is a problem and
everyone feels it's overall unfair (I don't) then I guess we can decide
whether to have a public vote or not next year. Keep in mind that the Avvies
is not an AW specific event. It's supposed to encompass several 3D
environments and the public vote was only there because we wanted to do
something 'special' for the AW avatar creators.

The world crashing
I don't have a clue as to why the place was crashing. I do agree with
whomever said it might have been an MP3 or music file causing it. Whatever
was causing it hadn't for weeks prior to the event. I was in there for days
and never crashed. I did crash several times while 'trying' to help do the
event over a very old phone line and dial up connection. Anyone that was
there saw what I was going through. lol Unfortunately due to AT&T deciding
they are God and can cut hundreds of thousands of people off I was not able
to be in there the couple of days prior to the event. I don't know what, if
any objects or files were added at that time. I do know that Credo
Interactives entry didn't get added because of it. :-( *Side note- Please
let me know if anyone hears of a class action lawsuit against AT&T. *

Someone mentioned limiting the number of avatar entries per person. Yes,
that will be done next year. I never expected so many avatars and also so
many different creators. Even if we had limited it this year we would have
had ~ 40-50 avatars anyway. :-) I am VERY pleased with the success of the
event from that perspective. We had some wonderful avatars!! If you were
having problems crashing teleport out to something like 500n 500w and take a
look at the avatars. Really look at the animations!! WOW!! Check out the
Atmosphere entries too! They had custom animations as well and are 'skinned'
avatars.

Again, I can only apologize that I wasn't able to give a final test to the
world before we opened it. I know nothing about the other worlds and
possible problems that were going on there. Next year it's going to be a
very 'bland' world with just the avatar info and signs... lol Actually, I
think that since Xela has put so much time and effort into his bots and the
animation bot (did you see it?? ... way kewl!! ) that we just might use them
instead of having all the images around. That might work well. We'll see.

Finally back on-line.................. *and mad as heck at AT&T....
Casay

[View Quote]

new citizenship

Jan 3, 2002, 12:36am
My .02 on this issue ( Rick & JP I really hope you guys are reading this! )

What AW should do and other thoughts.......

Quit charging at all for citizenships and get ppl in there! I thought you
hired a marketing person. Why aren't they generating advertising revenue?
I'd think because your user total at any given time is low, too low to sell
ad space. They have to be fighting a losing battle without having thousands
of ppl on-line at a time.

Go to Pogo.com and learn. See how MANY people are on that site and any given
time. They don't charge. Why not see about making some kind of deal with
them or someone to provide the games in 3D? What about games.com or EA? If
you want to charge so much per month you better start providing some good
content! Put the Gaming worlds and other types under world content sections.
It's too easy for someone to come in, see a few really bad worlds and never
come back. Games is where it's at on the Internet right now. Ditch the whole
AW mall idea and also the 3D web pages for now. They are terrible imho
anyway. All this can be done with the current technology. Get some Case's
ladder leagues going in there. Get hundreds of ppl in game rooms at a time
well, there's your advertisers and the $ from them instead of from users.
Games, games, games and more games!!!!!!! Umm contact Hasbro!!!! ;-)

Years ago you could have developed that ActiveX type control. At that time I
had SEVERAL larger companies really interested in it all based on the
intitial test version. Businesses could REALLY utilize that type of internet
page.Instead you come up with boring "3D Web Pages" that don't in anyway
compare and still require a huge download. The idea back then was to provide
a small / quick to download 3D 'area' that could be used to show products,
promotions, and / or for customer service. Many companies are using on-line
chat for their customer support. How much better support can be given if
done in 3d? A lot more! Call Dell, they do it and so does AT&T. I personally
think that if's there's ONE thing AW hasn't done that they should have it's
this. Now there's several java based 3D things on-line but still NONE that
could compare to the ActiveX type ability you could provide, promote, and
SELL!

I think, AW is still the best 3D technology available at this time. I know
how much time and effort all of us has put into it one way or another. I'd
hate to see it die and unfortunately I really feel that would happen if the
company decides to raise the citizenship pricing. This isn't Everquest! Stop
and think why the people that have been here for years are here? Most of us
aren't here for the 'chat'. We are here because we like to build, create
something and share that creation with others.

Build it and they will come, build the games, don't charge, they WILL come.
Let the advertisers pay not the citizens!

If you need more specifics on my thoughts, ideas and how to implement them
just call or write. I'd be happy to share the thoughts. * I'd think that
since you're 'paying' someone to do your marketing they would have thought
of all this themselves!*

Casay

[View Quote]

new citizenship

Jan 3, 2002, 6:13pm
No, the Internet marketing didn't go 'down the tubes' totally. Corporations
aren't tossing $$ all over the place like they did before either though.
They can get revenue from advertising. They have to create worlds that
thousands of people go into at any given time. The only way I can think of
that they can get the number of people is to create good game places and not
charge at all for citizenships. There's already several gaming worlds and
bots developed. Get the people in those worlds, make a few new gaming ones,
somehow seperate those in the list from other worlds and let the marketing
folks take it from there.

Casay

[View Quote] > us
> come.
them
thought

Marketing- Recuring theme....

Jan 3, 2002, 6:36pm
Dear Rick & JP,
If you guys are following all the posts in here and many of the comments on
the petition please note that most of your long term users are saying the
same thing. We all think that there's a huge failure in the marketing
aspects of AW. Many of the solutions to the problems of revenue are all in
these posts for you. I would highly suggest that you two take a very close
look at the suggestions that are being made. Looks like your citizens are
coming up with some very viable solutions and alternatives. The answers for
AW are in all these posts. Read them, copy /paste the ideas and brain storm
how to implement them.

Looks like AW needs to totally rethink it's marketing strategy. It has
needed to do this for years. Please open your minds up to a whole new
approach to this. What's been done before obviously doesn't work. Raising
prices is the wrong strategy, totally removing the cost of citizenship and
getting people in there is the thing to do. It looks as though several
citizens are willing to help with their ideas. Ask them for it. If you guys
open up and do this right it could be a win-win for all.

Casay

Still Complaining About Prices?

Feb 11, 2002, 9:59pm
*Dreams that Ron is still out there and maybe interested in all of
this............ He sure knew what to do with the technology and we all
wouldn't be where we are now if he was still around or if his ideas had been
listened to. How many years ago was Vegas and those wonderful conversations?

*waves to dzap and HUGE HUGZ stranger!
Casay

[View Quote]

Sequences in 3.3

Jun 2, 2002, 3:25pm
Hey ya Mauz!
My .02 on all this........

In LifeForms there's a 'Pin to floor' option. The shappy.seq is pinned to
the floor. In the Lifeforms stage window it shows the Pelvis (center of
avatar) as being on the same level as the stage. If 'pin to floor' is off
then the avatar feet are on the stage. I'm trying to remember exactly the
problem I was having when first testing Accutrans for Wayne. If I recall the
pin to floor option had to be on for my seqs to work correctly. I was having
the same type of problem where the pelvis would stay in the same spot if
'pin to floor' was off.

Glitter, in short, put the pelvis at stage level and see if it works.
Casay

[View Quote]

Sequences in 3.3

Jun 3, 2002, 5:59am
[View Quote] Hmmm... from my experience with Lifeforms the pin to floor option does make
a difference and must save some setting within the seq file. Pre 3.3 if an
seq that I created in Lifeforms didn't have pin to floor on then at times
when the seq played in AW the avatar would go below the ground level even
though it didn't when I played it in Lifeforms.

You're correct, in Lifeforms it brings the 'hip' to the stage. Actually
though I think it's halfway point of the bounding box of the avatar in the
seq. When you look at an .seq file in Lifeforms all it shows is a box. Pin
to floor always puts middle of the box on the stage. It's kind of like the
bounding box determines eye level, 3/4 the height of the box no matter where
you put the eye in LifeForms or Accutrans.

I haven't played with 3.3 at all yet. I sure wish Roland had asked me to
beta test as this is what I would have worked on and had figured out already
.. Looks like you really hit on something with the scale though. I only wish
that AW would provide some specifics about how the new engine works, what
program(s) can generate the seqs (aninations) and such. I'd be very
interested to know if seq's created in TrueSpace still work like they used
to. I never used TS to make them so I wouldn't be one to test that aspect of
this. Hamfon might be the person to ask?

If you want to send me any seqs you'd like me to test in Lifeforms to cross
reference your results and / or save from Lifeforms directly, I'd be happy
to. I use the studio version.

Casay

Sequences in 3.3

Jun 3, 2002, 4:49pm
<snipped>
"> Casay ... maybe we could ask Wayne to put in something such that if a key
> frame is specified for one dimension that keyframes are automatically set
> for all the others (or turn them on as default or whatever).
>
> Glitter

<more snipped>

I'd sure hate to ask Wayne to put something extra into Accutrans to 'fix'
what AW broke. Yes, it's obviously a bug. Wayne has done so much for this
community yet no one wants to pay the nominal $20 fee to register the
program. Maybe he'll make something for the people that have paid for it.
Who knows. I've always and will continue to try to talk him into making the
program expire after 30 days and have people then pay for it. He has done so
much to support us yet no one wants to support him. :-(

My .02 is all..
Casay

Is It True?

Jun 8, 2002, 12:54pm
You might want to read the techtalk log from yesterday. Shamus mentioned
that 3.4 will come out in 'stages' and the first stage should be in a couple
of weeks and will fix some of the known bugs like the seq one.
Casay
I think Mauz probably has the log on her site since she was there. :-)

[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  |