Idiots (Community)

Idiots // Community

1  |

zero

Sep 2, 2001, 12:44am
You know they should rename the AW Newsgroups, VR Idiots.
Even out of the most intelligent, to the most mundane I have not seen such
immaturity, rudeness, lack of human compassion.

All you people all do is whine and whine and moan and groan and gripe and
spam, and bash and stab, and flame.

Its absolutely unbelievable, and you all say Eep is bad (which he is).

I left the newsgroups for a while cause of all this, now I come back and
they are even less useful than they were before.

Maybe AWLD doesn't implement half the stuff you want and cry for cause they
look at the posts and think, "My God.. this is the intelligent
representation of our clients?"
I mean don't get me wrong there is from time to time someone who is nice
(more than a few) who asks the simplest (or complex) of questions, and they
get reamed for it.
From Newbies to the most veteran Users.

You people should scroll back and find a couple of posts that actually made
it for more than like 4 postings and didn't turn into an insulting flame
war.

Man you people make me sad, no wonder this program has a hard time getting
anywhere.

grow up a little please.

Z!

casay

Sep 2, 2001, 1:06am
Novel concept there Zero....expecting people to be civil to each other.
;-) Unfortunately for these NG's anymore it's a pipe dream....

Casay

[View Quote]

wing.

Sep 2, 2001, 1:11am
[View Quote] Anywhere in America it's a pipe dream anymore...

syntax

[View Quote] Uhhhh, look at the header of your post, muchacho. If that isn't
rude/immature, then I don't know what is.

> All you people all do is whine and whine and moan and groan and gripe and
> spam, and bash and stab, and flame.

Yes, that is exactly what we ALL do. NG Survivor is JUST flames and
stabbing. Dude, there is NO ONE that *just* flames and whines all the time.

> Its absolutely unbelievable, and you all say Eep is bad (which he is).

He has a right to defend himself, buddy. Someone makes a barrel of posts
about Eep about how he is "mean" and "says bad words." You don't think Eep
has the right to defend himself? None of this conflict would have happened
if that mega-newbie would have taken his stupid comments to e-mail.

> I left the newsgroups for a while cause of all this, now I come back and
> they are even less useful than they were before.

I think the newsgroups are pretty good at this point in time, except for two
minor things happening right now.

> Maybe AWLD doesn't implement half the stuff you want and cry for cause
they
> look at the posts and think, "My God.. this is the intelligent
> representation of our clients?"

Wow, what an assumption. That must have took ages to figure out. They don't
implement them because they are doing *other* things at the moment. As a
matter of fact, they ARE implementing the things we are asking for for the
next version. Maybe attend/listen at a Tech Talk sometime and get your facts
straight.... (I thought I seen you at one before?)

> I mean don't get me wrong there is from time to time someone who is nice
> (more than a few) who asks the simplest (or complex) of questions, and
they
> get reamed for it.
> From Newbies to the most veteran Users.
>
> You people should scroll back and find a couple of posts that actually
made
> it for more than like 4 postings and didn't turn into an insulting flame
> war.

Ok, want me to list them for you? :-\

> Man you people make me sad, no wonder this program has a hard time getting
> anywhere.

Who are you to say that this program isn't getting anywhere, huh?

> grow up a little please.

You...

In my experience with niche communities... and I've been in several.. the
more diversified a community gets, the more it seems to want to fall apart.
But it doesn't. And for what reason I'm still trying to find out. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

zero

Sep 2, 2001, 4:42am
It would be a waste of my time, and only give into the problems I posted
about to even reply to your reply.
But thank you kinldy for your opinion.

Z!

syntax

Sep 2, 2001, 5:06am
*praises zero*

People should use you as an example. Simply don't ignite a thread into a
flame war and we quite possibly *could* have a slightly better environment
here.
Thank you for not responding. :-)
--
- Syntax -
www.swcity.net

*drops ignited match* Oops... ;-))

nornny

Sep 2, 2001, 11:22am
Actually, we had a good run of intelligence if you had only gone back two
weeks when marcus hadn't started complaining about AWC scams, and LadyBunny
and ryan hadn't done some newbieish things, there was actually a load of
intelligence. Hard to believe, but there were actually good discussions on
3.2, AW Ear, we even tried to help a newbie (who thankfully, said he/she was
a newbie) find a priveledge password. Felt pretty good. lol. But otherwise,
business continues, what can you expect? alt.microsoft.com newsgroups?

Nornny

[View Quote]

wing.

unfortunately, the posts in the old aw.community group are gone forever it seems) and things were QUITE pleasant. Unfortunately it
was that group's last few months that brought us into this, it was virtually a solid wall of flame for awhile.

</history lesson>

[View Quote]

ladybunny

Sep 2, 2001, 1:11pm
Tp Nornny and all the rest of the critics here:
Nornny, not sure what you are referring to about me , I am very sorry for
anything i have done to upset anyone here enough to complain about my posting .
So therefore i will leave this newsgroup. My request was seen here imediately by
the *right* person and after this post i will just contact in worlds if i need
any help hereafter. Again , sorry to even posted in what i thought was a
community place . It will NOT happen again.
Sincerely.
LadyBunny

PS if i didn't do this right , Byte my ass !

[View Quote] > Actually, we had a good run of intelligence if you had only gone back two
> weeks when marcus hadn't started complaining about AWC scams, and LadyBunny
> and ryan hadn't done some newbieish things, there was actually a load of
> intelligence. Hard to believe, but there were actually good discussions on
> 3.2, AW Ear, we even tried to help a newbie (who thankfully, said he/she was
> a newbie) find a priveledge password. Felt pretty good. lol. But otherwise,
> business continues, what can you expect? alt.microsoft.com newsgroups?
>
> Nornny

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Sep 2, 2001, 1:20pm
Okay.. I'm changing, but I'm still going to tell everyone when they do
something wrong, but I'm going to do it without the bullshit I usually add
to it.

So from now on it will be a word or two that states what is wrong with the
post, as below goes for KAH's.

Off-Topic

--

Lanezeri
Lead Bot Programmer at Stuff-X

[View Quote]

wing.

Sep 2, 2001, 1:47pm
Not off topic, just dumb.
[View Quote]

casay

Sep 2, 2001, 5:00pm
Don't worry about it LB and post here all you want!
Hugz!
Casay

[View Quote]

nornny

Sep 3, 2001, 12:52am
critics? I'm just saying, yeesh. Zero said there's too many idiotic things
here and I pointed out he's just looking at a black dot instead of the white
paper. You posted some off-topic or personal stuff in the newsgroup, making
it a newbiesh mistake, for once, be proud of it unlike the other people who
deny it. We like a person who knows who he/she is. Post all you want, see if
I care, just using you as an example for an argument, nothing more.

Nornny

[View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 5, 2001, 1:38am
Well... I'm completely civil to everyone. AND that goes for JI as well.

"casay" <casay2 at home.com> wrote in
news:3b91a239 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Novel concept there Zero....expecting people to be civil to each
> other. ;-) Unfortunately for these NG's anymore it's a pipe dream....
>
> Casay

I would say that's a pipe dream for any culture that is mingling with people
from another. Here's an idea... World Peace. =)

SW Chris

Talk about pipe dreams! Try telling that to the fun-loving folks in the
Middle East, they'd laugh in your face!

[View Quote] > I would say that's a pipe dream for any culture that is mingling with people
> from another. Here's an idea... World Peace. =)
>
> SW Chris

Let em kill each other over it... that'd end it for good!
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

not to mention the chillers in Macedonia...

brant

Sep 6, 2001, 7:37pm
I left the newsgroup too, but came back to check it out. With Eep and
wing. filtered, the newsgroup is a pleasant place.