anduin // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  |

Idiot Report

May 21, 2002, 7:46am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "tyrell" <tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca> scribed the following:
><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
>You can view it here... (for the next few days...)
>about the subject by placing this on my 'jpg' site... I'm feeling magnanimous
>today, however, and felt like making it available to tony m (and anyone
>else with a limited News Util...)
[View Quote] HTML, bad bad bad... Can't read it too easily with these awesome
newsreaders... See your message above? NICE, lol

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Idiot Report

May 21, 2002, 10:13pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "zeo toxion" <zeo at activeworlds.com> scribed the following:
>I understand, but i'm just saying if you don't feel like reading sentence
>that's readable, although surrounded by some other gibberish, then maybe you
>should just ignore it? :) It probably is nice to say this to people who
>don't know however...

Actually it wasn't readable, comes up with an icon that you need to
double click on to save and run... It comes up in code when you hit
"reply" and it quoted...

Outlook Express is the worse news reader out there unless you know how
to use it properly. I was using Outlook just recently but finally got
sick of it because of it being so slow in the AW newsgroups...
The reason for it being slow is because I save ALL threads to hard
drive and never delete them so that I can look back to years of
posting. Outlook Express took over 1 minute to change newsgroups or
even close it whilst the community group was listed... It's a bad
program.

I've noticed that some people using outlook express haven't even got
their text WRAPPED which requires us to scroll to the right until the
whole sentance is complete.

Like you say, I ignore html posts; they usually end up on a kill file
if it happens so often.

Forte Agent and Free Agent, are one of the BEST news readers out
there, fast and fully customizable per group...

They also teach you NOT to TOP-POST :) But hey, this is an AW
Newsgroup, everyone does it, even I.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Idiot Report

May 22, 2002, 2:03am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com> scribed the
following:
>Hi everyone:
>

>Something must be askew in your settings or....

Nope

>Which version of OE do you have??? I have OE 6.0 and I have NO problems
>with it. It even decoded those binary attachments in General Discussion
>(one of which was mine) without a flaw. :-)

Are you reading properly? I had said "unless you know how to use it
properly" which I did very well know how. I have been using Outlook
Express 6.0. Now I am using Forte Agent, and I see many errors which
I had made and annoyed ppl in usenet groups with because of using
Outlook. I prefer Agent now more than Microsoft's product.

>Perhaps you need to start DELETING old threads and posts. I tried doing
>this with Eudora and email. Each time my folders got bigger and bigger, the
>longer the program took to load. It all adds up...

Why delete if another News Reader can save all these threads and run
as fast as light? You do the math. I'm using Forte Agent, it runs like
a dream, and I have thousands of threads saved from the ActiveWorlds
newsgroups.

<snip>

>Namely who??

Actually I made an error there. Andras is using Mozilla 4.78, but it's
not wrapping to be readable in all newsreaders. Outlook Express
automatically wraps text, but not all news readers do. This is more of
a traditional one for Usenet groups, so it reads and writes so that
ALL news readers have no problems.

>Also does anyone else notice his observations or are his settings off???

I think you will find that it depends on your news reader and how your
news reader posts to groups...

>Yeah....If you PAY for it.

You get what you pay for. Just like Outlook XP, you pay for it when
you pay for Office XP. Though there isn't much difference in it I
believe.

>I think you might wanna run Windows Update Anduin. You might be missing out
>on more than you think. :-)

Windows Update is run daily and automatically on this machine. I'm not
missing a thing :)

>Cheers for now everyone :-)
>
>Patrick Cook
>Mayor - City of Hamsterville
>pchamster at msn.com
>Denver, Colorado

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Enable Uni Features

May 28, 2002, 8:49pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> scribed
the following:
>Although I know that some people already have done it using a Resource
>Editor. I would personally like to see the citizens feature enabled so that
>you can do citnums and citnames without a requirement for a bot.
>
>Although Roland or someone would have to fix the bug where if you select
>your own user it dosent show ur PW and PPW in actual plain text etc, and if
>u search another use ur pw and ppw still remains on it.
>
>Just a quick fix, but something that would help :)
>
>- Mark

In the citizens feature you'd be able to see the masks characters of a
user password or priviledge password right?
Which is easy to get into using programs that un-mask password... I
wouldn't feel so safe with such a feature enabled.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

GZ Teleport

Jun 30, 2002, 1:15am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "zeo toxion" <zeo at my.activeworlds.com> scribed the
following:
>Simple addition. Now that gzs coords are not always at 0n 0w have a Teleport
>I hate re entering when i dont have to.

Hit ALT + T then hit T again, this will bring up the "Teleport To..."
option; you don't need to type in anything if you wish to teleport to
the worlds GZ, just hit enter and it will take you to GZ.

Alt + T + T + Enter

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

just a thought...

Jun 30, 2002, 8:44am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "slim smokey" <Smokey360j at ync.net> scribed the following:
>Hey wouldn't it be kewl if there wuz a subject line for telegrams?

Well, you've got 1000 characters to play with.

Subject: Blah Blah <Hit CTRL Enter twice>

Just a test telegram <Hit CTRL Enter twice>

Sincerely <CTRL Enter Once>
Anduin

FUN!... Hey, CTRL TAB works also if you didn't know ;)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Woah nice new feature.

Jul 3, 2002, 9:57pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "slim smokey" <Smokey360j at ync.net> scribed the following:
>that idea suck then u can't read what is behind somebody else unless u look
>at the chat thing that's not fixing Active Worlds...it's making it crappier
>than it already is ROFL!

Then if AW is so crap to you, why are you here?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Way to hide people who are blocked on your contact list.

Jul 3, 2002, 9:58pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "carlbanks" <Virtualcarlbanks at hotmail.com> scribed the
following:
>I wish there was a way to hide someone you blocked on your contacts list.

Yes, I agree... Why waste contact list space on someone you don't
like?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

and yet another great idea from my dark and TWISTED mind >:)

Jul 3, 2002, 9:59pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "slim smokey" <Smokey360j at ync.net> scribed the following:
>I have the install file for 3.1 Active Worlds still...and the size is small
>enough to put onna floppy...it should be it's ONNA floppy...lol...but the
>point is this...I could send it to you and you send it to everyone else and
>we all put it on lots of floppy disks and give it to friends so they can buy
>a citizenship in AW.
>Now I was telling a friend about this and he said they could just go to the
>site...well that IS true BUT...because curiosity killed the cat they say and
>they will want to see what is on it...and if we gave them the website they'd
>either forget what it was or forget to go to it. So if you are interested in
>doing this just send me a telegram (if you don't still havr the 3.1
>installation file) and I'll send it to you.

This post doesn't belong here... Keep it in general discussion.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Point of view

Jul 5, 2002, 6:15am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "bowen" <thisguyisashimmyritzer at 7k2.4mg.com> scribed the
following:
>It's never in any games, not many people care about the realism of it.
>Sure, it helps keep the ambience but it really serves no purpose but to slow
>the framerate down.
>
>--Bowen--

I have only seen this in 1 game and for the smallest of time... The
XBox game called 'Halo'...
At the beginning, when you can't actually move around, you can tilt
your head and see your body (feet etc). After this you walk out of
where you start off and no longer are you able to see your feet and
such. Most games do have a shadow below the character and you are able
to hear yourself walk, depending on the type of ground, as well as
leave footprints if you step on blood or into water or are walking on
mud.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

MUCH NEEDED WISH - Paragraph Capabilities In Telegrams

Jul 18, 2002, 10:50am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "absolute monarch" <ultramew at ozemail.com.au> scribed the
following:
>I know this is quite off-topic but all well :). since u guys were on about
>bots i decided to add something ive wanted for quite a while now. Wouldn't
>it be nice if a bot could SEND telegrams? that way mayors of cities and need
>to telegram all cits for important info wouldnt need to always type in a new
>name. mayb they could add a list of contacts thru cit numbers? that way we
>wouldn't need to keep track of names. just an idea :)

Don't even THINK about it. That would open up the doors to mass
telegramming and spam like in ICQ and Yahoo...

People would have to block telegrams by default from all those not on
their contacts to avoid the junk.

Yeah, you say, but the telegram comes from one cit and is easily
busted for spamming. But PPW's aren't the hardest thing to get from
friends and such.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Okay whoever it was who was talking about different VRT times...I have the solution

Jul 19, 2002, 10:40pm
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following:
>LOL, well it's not like it's my best friend trying to learn personal things
>about me.

Shouldn't your best friend ALREADY know personal things about you?

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Multiple People Grams

Jul 21, 2002, 2:48am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following:

>Also, if it were to be implemented, I would want something similar to ICQ
>where you hit a button that says "Forward" and then a side form pops out
>with everyone's name on your contact list allowing you to click the checkbox
>beside each name or if you want to send to everyone, just click the "check
>all" checkbox.

If it were to be implemented, I don't wish to have to block telegrams
from people not on my own contacts list...

I would much rather have a feature where I can say, if it's a
multi-part message, or sent to multiple users, I can block them
automatically, without having to worry about it.

Still, like many people here, I dislike the idea.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Exploration Mode

Jul 21, 2002, 2:53am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following:
>Interesting name, isn't it? Anyway, it's a new idea I came up with while
>posting a reply to Strike Rapier's "Extended Viewing Range" topic. What it
>would be would be a mode in which it only searches for objects within
>viewing range once. So any change in building would not be downloaded by
>your client and actually make the Active Worlds Browser much faster since
>it's not searching for new objects that may have been placed by people while
>you are exploring. It would be very useful for when you're looking at
>historical builds which won't be changed (or at least not while you're
>looking at them) or just any area that you may feel like exploring and don't
>need to see any objects being placed down.

You can browse AW offline if you click on the 'SKIP' icon when AW
loads. Though this prevents you from seeing contacts and telegrams
etc. That idea does seem like a good one though.

>Another way of making it faster for some worlds would be to download the
>objects, textures, terrain, and placement of them all before going into the
>world. When you're playing Quake or Unreal Tournament online and you go to a
>game that is using a map you don't have, it downloads all of the information
>before letting you in. It would be helpful in Gaming worlds where speed is a
>must and the world is small (so that the download doesn't last for weeks!
>:-P).

I'm not waiting on a download BEFORE I can chat. I usually enter
worlds with the most users to chat with, I don't really care for
exploring personally.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Exploration Mode

Jul 21, 2002, 2:57am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following:
>Now just a little thing to add to the wishlist which doesn't really have
>anything to do with what I said above. It would be cool if I could get all
>the information of a person just by putting my mouse over his/her name in my
>contacts list or in the chat for a moment. Then a little box would open up
>telling me the citizen number, coords the person is at, and any other small
>bit of information that could be enetered into your settings such as age,
>gender, or interests.

Now that's a good idea, and these settings could be changed in the
'Options --> Citizen' dialogs. You can set age, gender, and such on
top of the already available URL and E-Mail. You should be able to
tick boxes in this stating which of these features you wish to be
available to the general public.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o It wasn't me, it was the one I'm in! |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

3.4 wish

Jul 25, 2002, 6:18am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identify claiming to
be known as "the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> scribed the following:
>i wish that in 3.4 the terrian IS NOT SO DARK!!!!!
>

>'nuff said :P

Is it not possible to add your own textures to terrain in the world
you own?
Therefor it would have nothing to do with the new version of AW, but a
simple change of textures in the OP?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never really bothered playing around
with all these new and nifty features :o)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Teleporting

Jul 30, 2002, 2:39am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identity claiming to
be known as "agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> scribed the
following:
>If you're talking about object commands, use 'teleport' instead of 'warp' and you'll get what you want.
>
>Any other use of a "teleport" works properly, so I don't know what you're talking about.

No, they're talking about teleporting in general using the Teleport
Menu. When teleporting within the same world but still in the same
range as another user, they will see you WARP across but really fast.
I think that no matter the range, a teleport should "dematerialize and
re materialize" to the destination; would look much better :o)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Default World sounds

Jul 31, 2002, 4:40am
Hi all,

We already know about the object path containing WARP and DEWARP
sounds to play those sounds when warping or teleporting in your world.

Something else that should be added to AW should be default STEPPING
sounds and default continuous sounds...

EG; when moving around in the world you have footsteps in grass or
whichever... Can be overridden by adding another bump sound to another
objects.

The continuous sound is like the atmospheric sound in a world. Instead
of having to have heaps of objects having create sound, you could set
it in world settings.

EG; having a sound of RAIN in a world, so the whole world has a rain
sound to the atmosphere... This could be overridden in world with
special commands on objects, so when you walk inside a room you don't
hear the rain anymore.

Am I even making sense?

Thanks

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Wish (was Re: Object Request, or Help?

Aug 2, 2002, 12:06am
In a galaxy far far away, known as general.discussion, an identity
claiming to be known as "anduin" <anduin at NOSPAM.anduin-lothario.com>
scribed the following:
[View Quote] How about a new feature that allows you to set any object to always
face you, but at the same time, this object can still be flipped and
rotated in any angle. So if you made a panel in a '/' angle, it would
still face you, but in that angle. Make any sense at all? This would
help heaps for certain plants that can blow with the wind, but when
you walk past them and turn around, they are still facing you. So they
don't appear thin, cause you can't see them from that bad position.

Better than that would be for sprites made to be able to rotate...

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Wish (was Re: Object Request, or Help?

Aug 2, 2002, 11:22am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identity claiming to
be known as "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> scribed the following:
>Again : remove AxisAlignment from the RWX code of your sprite
>and it will be a normal masked object that can rotate.
>
>Unfortunately someone has damaged the feature, that parts of
>objects could be sprites, so the object can rotate or move but
>some parts of it (separate clumps) could still always face you.
>This would be quite a good solution for your grass without
>creating too many polygons, but will only work in 2.2 :-(

Well then I guess I'm asking for that to be put back in and work in
Browser 3.4+.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

citnum reg

Aug 3, 2002, 11:30am
In a galaxy far far away, known as wishlist, an identity claiming to
be known as "the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> scribed the following:
>to be able to change the citizen numbers of objects WITH the registry in
>place (with ED of course)

That can be done if no other objects by that same citizen is touching
the one you are trying to change.

Though I do believe that if you had ED rights, it would be good to be
able to do as you've mentioned above.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Helping NCC (was Re: TV Station Wish)

Aug 22, 2002, 10:07pm
An identity claiming to be known as "kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> scribed the following <Xns9272BB1B76A51kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201>:

>His spelling is bad??? Man, you've learnt a weird version of English...

Maybe "Engrish"? As I had seen on a website link posted recently. Was a funny one :)

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

I wish...

Sep 2, 2002, 1:04pm
An identity claiming to be known as "rypp" <rypp at usa.com> scribed the following <3d735edd at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

> This is the wishlist, right? So here we go :-)
>

> I wish i were a Cyber God and could turn myself into bits and bytes and go
>through the telephone jack and into AW were i turned myself into an Cyber
>God Helmut avatar!!
>
>I wish i could access all the world options no matter what world i entered!
>I wish i could change the Universe option and do whatever i wanted with it!
>I wish i were a caretaker of Alphaworld and that i owned AWC! I
>wish i had a billion dollars! I wish i had 1000 womens to choose from and i
>wish it were my birthday everyday!

Now why would you want that much power in AW? It would just bore you after time. 1000 women? Gosh, have you ever stopped to think at what the Internet offers you? You have millions of people to meet online, and thousands of chances to meet someone who you fancy. Whereas before the internet, you might have been stuck by getting to know only those around your local area.

> But right now...i wish i didn't spend time writing this stupid post!

You'd better wish it, cause I can only see how much flaming you're about to get, heh.

[Followup-To general.discussion]

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Launch command

Sep 8, 2002, 11:46pm
An identity claiming to be known as "chiklit" <chiklit at funetwork.net> scribed the following <3d7b873e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>Putting physics in a real-time 3d enviroment isn't a good idea it would take
>way to long to process all of the data to make it real.

I guess this brings out the point that Computers and Technology are rising rapidly, and AW can use these new things (although this idea isn't new to games) to grow and get better. If AW doesn't keep up with technology, it will grow very ancient. Only now are they bringing out really nice features that have been long awaited and begged for by the users.

Every user of the Internet, games or 3d environments must keep up with new technology, must keep their drivers updated and hardware upgraded. If you're not prepared to do such, then you're going to find yourself stuck in ancient times.

You've always got software mode for AW, although that wont keep you going for too long the way things are going lately. We're not paying AW for no reason ya know, we're paying monthly fee's to support the staff and to support the programmers to program new features into AW. We pay good money to get these features and we deserve them. Otherwise we may just not pay anything and keep AW at it's current state for ever...

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Gravity

Sep 13, 2002, 11:46am
An identity claiming to be known as "swe" <swe at emptyco.com> scribed the following <3d8138cc at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>why you getting all hightech, screw a bot, simple tape can do that, just
>tape your up arrow down. or put something heavy on it, and there you have
>it, primitive autowalk.

And your shift key, cause you're definitely gonna get stuck in a corner somewhere.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: create color <color>

Sep 8, 2002, 11:49pm
An identity claiming to be known as "hal9000" <hal9k3 at attbi.com> scribed the following <3d7bb72c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com>:

>doh... stupid outlook express cant even post right...

Download Forte Agent: http://www.forteinc.com/agent/
You can get a Free version there if you wish it too.

,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Teleport list on Uniserver

Sep 10, 2002, 11:03am
An identity claiming to be known as "rypp" <rypp at usa.com> scribed the following <3d7dd3d3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

> I think it would be a good idea to have the teleport list on the
>uniserver because i always loose my cords to where am building after a time!
>That could be i have to re-install windows or my system crash so i have to
>install everything again! If the teleport list were located on the
>uniserver, we wouldn't have to think about loosing our cords!

Agreed, I wouldn't have lost very old coords from years back if that were the case :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Teleport list on Uniserver

Sep 10, 2002, 10:59pm
An identity claiming to be known as "shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> scribed the following <3d7e0fb4 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>The problem with this is that some people have a zillion teleports, meaning that even more of the Uniserver's limited bandwidth would to be used up.
>
>If you have any kind of external storage device (ie: floppy drive, zip drive, CDRW drive...), simply back up your teleports.txt file from time to time and you won't have a problem.

I'm too lazy to back up all those small files all the time. It's easier to have something like this up on a server. Only some people have 'zillions' of teleports remembered.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Teleport list on Uniserver

Sep 11, 2002, 5:00am
An identity claiming to be known as "shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> scribed the following <3d7eaa51 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>All those small files? It's one file. It's really not that difficult to copy a text file to another location...
>
>If you're really that lazy, then write or find a program that will do it for you on a scheduled basis rather than clogging up the Uniserver with more stuff that isn't really necessary.

I'm still too lazy to bother going to my AW folder. The wish itself is a good one. We pay to use AW, we have a right to ask for things ;o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Simulation Utility

Sep 12, 2002, 9:47pm
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3d80e942 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>Possible or what?
>
>You can sit in a car with another citizen / tourist and as the car moves you
>move with it, or like a train in aw, that moves and you move with it. This
>is similar to one of my previous posts.
>
>Maybe a ship (titanic) or something :)
>
>Simple explanation: An object you stand on with a special command e.g.
>create support, and you move with it = ur superglued to it but you can move
>on it.

This feature has been mentioned before plenty of times ;o)

But I'd love to see such a feature, except for the fact that I have dial up, and seeing another AV simulated next to me wont work too well. Unless broadband comes by my area some time soon.

--
,,,,,