anduin // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  |

Simulation Utility

Sep 13, 2002, 10:47pm
An identity claiming to be known as "chiklit" <chiklit at funetwork.net> scribed the following <3d825c63$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>This has already been done in ChatZone3D whith out bogging down the server
>or even having to talk to it.

In that case, it's probably only done locally and not seen by everyone...

--
,,,,,
(o o)

Scale command

Sep 14, 2002, 11:19pm
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3d837a53 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>A scale command that could be used to make an object larger or smaller would
>be great. It could be used with percentages (50%) to determine the new size.
>So if you made the height, width, and depth all 50%, it would become half
>the size it was and not stretch itself out. But it would also be able to use
>meters as well (2.412) so you can stretch it out. :-)

This was mentioned already by TechnoZues back in 1998:

>A "Scale" command.
>Example: create Scale me 2 1 .5
>This example would scale the object to 2 by 1 by .5 times its normal size.
>Caution: This command could be problematic.
>
>TechnoZeus

Either way, it does sound like a good idea... For worlds without a registry that is.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

obj box

Oct 24, 2002, 10:50am
An identity claiming to be known as "lethys" <conradsk at rogers.com> scribed the following <3db70ea4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>How about a tabbed dialog where you can click the options you want?
>Sort of like this (see JPEG attachment)

No thanks...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Beta Testing Idea

Sep 24, 2002, 7:51pm
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3d90be5f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>I think the beta should test one feature at a time. They should test just
>that one feature and after a week or two of very little or no bugs found, it
>should be released to the public. That way there are updates more often to
>interest the public and testing will be better because each feature will get
>lots of attention from the beta-testers.

I agree.

When they are making a new version, they should note down what features people wanted added and what other features should be added...

A few features should be added to the version and when there are no more bug issues, send it off. Not go and add something else which wasn't even called for (water), which seems to need a whole lot of work...

Are they making AW 3.4 the 'last' version of AW? Cause it sure seems like it, more and more is being added in one go, and it's never ready. At this rate, there'll be no more ideas :oP

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Beta Testing Idea

Sep 25, 2002, 11:32am
An identity claiming to be known as "the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> scribed the following <3d9107ed at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>i heard that too...
>oh well bugs suck and accoridng the to beta NG's there are still a lot there

Well that's the point. They've added ANOTHER feature (water) which has even more bugs when the previous ones haven't even been fixed! Water should have been added in 3.5 or something.

And I like the idea of one feature at a time with small upgrades during each build.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Abuse Report

Oct 1, 2002, 3:47am
An identity claiming to be known as "bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> scribed the following <3d98b320 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>Not worked with HTML for a while I see? :P <a href=mailto:blah at blah.com>blah</a>.
>Unless that was sarcastic and you knew? >.<

To be technical...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

IP Addresses in Builds

Oct 3, 2002, 10:47am
An identity claiming to be known as "anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> scribed the following <615opukq14s8icum7oobsg6v0fme64s9ra at 4ax.com> in worldbuilders:

>Hi All,
>
>I've just come up with a rather sweet idea to prevent, more or less, pornographic materials and such to be built un-noticed...
>
>What I mean is, you can't determine WHO built something if it's a tourist building a picture object with porn.
>We get some of these cases in AWNewbie, tourists only can build, we've had porno pictures pop up and such. I have my 8 yr old brother using ActiveWorlds... Fully monitored by myself of course and even at times, using voice over the network to keep in touch on anything.
>
>Now, a new feature which could be added is a new field which is only filled in and can only be seen to those who have ED rights. Could be underneath the 'Date:' section of a build or what not. That way, we can determine an IP address on the person who built the thing, check logs and possibly determine who it was...
>
>Not 100% accurate with proxy servers and such, but would truly help.
>
>Any thoughts?

[Sorry: Was half asleep and should have posted this in Wishlist... Fixed now :o)]

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

More rights options

Oct 7, 2002, 6:49pm
An identity claiming to be known as "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> scribed the following <3da1e8cf at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>please explain how this would be handy? this is how many of us shop

Maybe it would be handy to prevent people from shopping that way and getting their own ideas :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

NewAW Features available for all world servers

Oct 16, 2002, 2:33am
Hi all,

I'm actually wishing that some of the features (in-fact, most of the features) found in NewAW would be available for public use in their own worlds. I know at this time a bot is used for some things, but at other times, no bot at all. The world server is a custom one; never knew we were allowed to mess around with codes?

o /me command: I believe this is done by the bot and adds it to chat in Global Mode with the appearance of it being like the IRC 'action'. It should be added to the world server and produce such in all worlds using the world options :o)
IE: Anduin smiles

o Chat Zones: Chat zones should be available to all world servers for public use, we pay good money for our worlds and would just love to see such a feature. For those of you who do not know, it enables you to set zones, such as for inside pubs or homes where anyone outside the area cannot hear the chat, except for those inside chatting between each other. Those outside of chat zones are GLOBAL chat, chat spread all over the world. So to have your privacy, you can whisper if close enough to someone, or add a chat zone to your private home, where you wont hear the global chat, except if someone enters your home to chat with you, IN PRIVATE (and no one outside your home will hear what you say). Chat inside a chat zone is in <i>italics</i>.

o Coloured Chat? Could this be added to world servers, users can select their colour in settings (with no bolds or italics of course; just colours). World owners can enable/disable chat colours, if it's disabled, all users colour options don't work and it comes out black/regular. But maybe allow the users to still use colours if the world disabled it, but they will only see their OWN colours locally and see everyone elses chat in regular black text.

I'll think of more ideas for world servers soon I'm sure :o)
That's all for now!

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

NewAW Features available for all world servers

Oct 16, 2002, 11:22pm
An identity claiming to be known as "dion" <Dion at digevo.net> scribed the following <3dadbb3a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>Chat zones can be done with a bot by constantly checking everyone's position
>and send the chat through global mode to the people inside the same chat
>zone that the person who sent the chatline is.

It should be implemented into the world servers :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

World Overflow

Oct 20, 2002, 9:23pm
An identity claiming to be known as "sir holden" <nrholden at myrealbox.com> scribed the following <3db1a9fe at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>I wish that there was something in the worlds settings that sends vistitors
>to a different location when the user limit is over.
>
>I.E.- My world is full, so anyone who enters it is transfered to AW 7391n
>3842w or whatever.
>
>This would be really cool and wouldnt piss ppl off as bad when they can get
>into a world, lol :-D

Enable bots to be used and get them to load up their Xelagot :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: [Idea] Factional Coordinates

Oct 20, 2002, 11:16am
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3db2950a at server1.Activeworlds.com> in beta:

>Would be good if you have an option to turn on and off Fractional
>Coordinates on the title bar. Something like....
>
>Metatropolis at 2.4N 2.8E Facing N
>
>etc.... I found this when i had to work out a teleport so i end up using my
>teleports list.

Belongs in Wishlist :o)

[Forwarded-To: Wishlist]

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

custom service

Oct 20, 2002, 9:25pm
An identity claiming to be known as "niki" <niki at niki.be> scribed the following <3db325c4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrotes in a news message:
>3db30da7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>

>What do you mean?
>The GateKeepers are online to answer questions.

The GateKeepers no JACK, lmao. You ask them a technical question or something serious to do with AW and they have no idea...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

custom service

Oct 21, 2002, 9:39pm
An identity claiming to be known as "binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> scribed the following <3db44775$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>Your generalizing....not all GK's are like this... Much like not all posters are alike either....some are lamers.....some are lamer-wannabe's hehehhe
>And why are you telling Jack No? LOL I Know I Know....if You knew you'd know that no is not know now.....:)

Tis what happens when you type too fast and forget to read over what you've written carefully..

*SMACK*

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

custom service

Oct 22, 2002, 9:52pm
An identity claiming to be known as "bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> scribed the following <3db57023 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>Besides, Tom doesn't need more junk besides what I already give him!

Hmm, yes, he gets enough emails... Can only imagine how tough it is to check the inbox and see hundreds queued up waiting for a reply. I already have a hard enough time with the little I get.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Identifying what worlds allow Tourists

Oct 23, 2002, 5:16am
An identity claiming to be known as "jamey" <jamey at my.activeworlds.com> scribed the following <3db5eaf3 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in beta:

>I have about 12 worlds but I have not purchased the extra feature that
>allows Tourist to enter them because as far as I can tell so far there is no
>way for anyone to tell by looking at the worlds list if they are tourist
>allowed or not..
>
>I would like to see AW add a third color to the world list for example
>Blue worlds would be nice to let people know tourists may enter there.
>
>green = open to citizens
>red = closed or private
>blue = open to all
>
>I think if AW added this feature they would be able to sell the add tourist
>feature a lot easier..

How many times must Shamus warn you guys? Keep these kinds of wishes to the WISHLIST newsgroup or simply be removed from Beta testing. He's stated it so many times guys...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

mailbox

Oct 24, 2002, 10:48am
An identity claiming to be known as "m0e" <m0e at attbi.com> scribed the following <3DB6A088.C1D5C8CA at attbi.com> in wishlist:

>the current mode for mailboxes is email, which predates grams.
>
>it would be nice to have a bit of code that could be placed on a
>mailbox, allowing grams to be sent to the 'box' owner, instead of having
>to add them to the contact list.
>
>not being a coder, I cant say how hard it would be, but wouldnt it be
>nice to click on an object, have it open a gram window with the objects
>owners name already there :-)

Hmm, as long as Tourists still can't send telegrams using that feature it's fine.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

If only AW had ...

Oct 24, 2002, 11:20pm
An identity claiming to be known as "kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> scribed the following <Xns92B1A98F4B0D5kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201> in wishlist:

>"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
>news:3db7a683$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

>Read the post he's replying to, DUH.

Umm, exactly the point. He was replying to the 'wrong' post [DUH!].

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Telegram Sound Language

Oct 24, 2002, 10:38pm
An identity claiming to be known as "mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> scribed the following <3db85e33 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in beta:

>English-speaking default telegram.wav isn't such a great idea,
>unless there is a way to localize sounds with message sets...
>Ah well, followups to Wishlist I guess.
>
>[437]

Well, you can always change the sounds by adding your own with those names. Maybe a feature in settings could be added to be able to browse for a file to use.

Or instead of having the default sound 'speak' although it is really funny, a simply sound with no voice in it, a bit like the one you get when 'clicking' on a telegram would be more suitable.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Telegram Sound Language

Oct 25, 2002, 1:41am
I would propose this for the telegram sounds:
http://www.anduin-lothario.com/temp/telegram.wav

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Telegram Sound Language

Oct 25, 2002, 4:15am
An identity claiming to be known as "j b e l l" <jbell1983 at attbi.com> scribed the following <3db8d5cc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>do i hear a copyright lawsuit..?
>
>that's the same as AIM's in-recieve sound..

Actually, it's the in-receive sound in Trillian Pro also, I believe it's free :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Seed Object

Oct 25, 2002, 1:22am
Hi All,

How about a little feature in the AW Browser to enable you to specify coords and an object to 'seed' if you're in the middle of no where.

Tourists have a hard time not knowing how to use bots or what they even are.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: 3.4 Idea

Oct 25, 2002, 4:06am
An identity claiming to be known as "barney calhoun" <coen at charter.net> scribed the following <3DB8C8AB.A332A118 at charter.net> in beta:

>i have a Idea for 3.4 you could put under "Options... World" put "Seed
>Object" and you can Pick any object and seed it which it will be created
>at 0.00n 0.00w 0.00a 0.00

Wishlist item!

--
Anduin (317281)
o OS: Windows XP Home

Showing other pplz membership details.

Oct 26, 2002, 7:38am
An identity claiming to be known as "joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> scribed the following <3db9cb57$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>But, you cant *really* change it, I'd hope. Unless there was a *huge* flaw
>in the session number/random ident system, which I doubt.

Could still use something like 'Revelation' to unmask passwords... Then log into the account after restarting AW and you're in.

Major prob if I may say.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Redirectable World Names

Oct 29, 2002, 8:32pm
An identity claiming to be known as "d a n" <awdan at aol.com> scribed the following <3dbec9c1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>A World name to redirect to a world

Put a bot in, or a bump warp to another world.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

refraction

Oct 31, 2002, 9:00pm
An identity claiming to be known as "swe" <swe at swe-e.com> scribed the following <3dc003e1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>would be a cool effect if you could have a primitive refraction thing, where
>everything under water looks closer, oh, and when the world is tring to get
>a sunny look, and you go behind a hill or something, it looks really dark,
>which isnt how it is in real life.

AW 3.4 world features now allows us to set the lighting on terrain in worlds :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Flight Mode

Nov 16, 2002, 7:09pm
An identity claiming to be known as "strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> scribed the following <3dd69789$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> in wishlist:

>I think that AW should support a browser 'fly' mode, where a joystick can be plugged into the computer, and used to move about the enviroment as though you are in a plane. This would be cool.

Very interesting. I like it.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

tree scattering over a world

Nov 19, 2002, 5:38am
An identity claiming to be known as "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> scribed the following <3DD9CA54.B9F526C0 at oct31.de> in wishlist:

>Andras' Dem2rwx can do something like that

But can it do it according to the elevation.dat and not the modular ground object? I've tried doing this myself and couldn't figure it out at all.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (Under Construction) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Wish

Dec 21, 2002, 9:27pm
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3e04a560 at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> Is it possible to add a zoom thing for freelook mode and the first
> person view. Using the mouse wheel for this wouldn't be a bad idea (zooming
> in and out at different levels). Also I forgot whether or not this has been
> suggested before but a way to allow someone to see what you are seeing in
> your 3D Window (including object boxes and such).

Hmmm, I like the idea with others being able to see your 3D Window (if you give them permission). Would actually help in teaching people how to build.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

Reject Message

Dec 21, 2002, 9:29pm
An identity claiming to be known as sk8man1 scribed the following news:3e04b25b at server1.Activeworlds.com :

> It would be also nice if the world owner could set a rejection message
> instead of the "You are not allowed to enter the world BLAH.". Could be
> useful if you want to know who to contact to get enterance to the world
> maybe?

Very good. You could also post a URL to the website about your world, where they could read rules, fill in application form and such before the Caretaker adds entry rights to that Citnum or gives a PPW to use.

--
Anduin (317281)
- The Gorean Scribe

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  |