Teleport list on Uniserver (Wishlist)

Teleport list on Uniserver // Wishlist

1  |

rypp

Sep 10, 2002, 9:13am
I think it would be a good idea to have the teleport list on the
uniserver because i always loose my cords to where am building after a time!
That could be i have to re-install windows or my system crash so i have to
install everything again! If the teleport list were located on the
uniserver, we wouldn't have to think about loosing our cords!

anduin

Sep 10, 2002, 11:03am
An identity claiming to be known as "rypp" <rypp at usa.com> scribed the following <3d7dd3d3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

> I think it would be a good idea to have the teleport list on the
>uniserver because i always loose my cords to where am building after a time!
>That could be i have to re-install windows or my system crash so i have to
>install everything again! If the teleport list were located on the
>uniserver, we wouldn't have to think about loosing our cords!

Agreed, I wouldn't have lost very old coords from years back if that were the case :o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)

the joker ss

Sep 10, 2002, 11:23am
good idea , also , an option to upload and download the whole contact list
would be greta , so you cna put your contact list easy on your other cits
also

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
news:asprnucj4cd74k9e305n46n6bgnrlc222h at 4ax.com...
> An identity claiming to be known as "rypp" <rypp at usa.com> scribed the
following <3d7dd3d3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

time!

> Agreed, I wouldn't have lost very old coords from years back if that were
the case :o)

> --
> ,,,,,
> (o o)
> /--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
> | Anduin (317281) |
> | o The Gorean Scribe |
> | o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
> | o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
> \--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

shred

Sep 10, 2002, 1:28pm
The problem with this is that some people have a zillion teleports, meaning that even more of the Uniserver's limited bandwidth would to be used up.

If you have any kind of external storage device (ie: floppy drive, zip drive, CDRW drive...), simply back up your teleports.txt file from time to time and you won't have a problem.

[View Quote]

tony m

Sep 10, 2002, 8:38pm
[View Quote] >good idea , also , an option to upload and download the whole contact list
>would be greta , so you cna put your contact list easy on your other cits
>also

The contact list has been on the universe server since 3.3

tony m

Sep 10, 2002, 8:42pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] Misread your post. n/m.

the derek

Sep 10, 2002, 10:57pm
unless you lose whatever its backed up on ;)
[View Quote]

anduin

Sep 10, 2002, 10:59pm
An identity claiming to be known as "shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> scribed the following <3d7e0fb4 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>The problem with this is that some people have a zillion teleports, meaning that even more of the Uniserver's limited bandwidth would to be used up.
>
>If you have any kind of external storage device (ie: floppy drive, zip drive, CDRW drive...), simply back up your teleports.txt file from time to time and you won't have a problem.

I'm too lazy to back up all those small files all the time. It's easier to have something like this up on a server. Only some people have 'zillions' of teleports remembered.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
\--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

shred

Sep 11, 2002, 12:28am
All those small files? It's one file. It's really not that difficult to copy a text file to another location...

If you're really that lazy, then write or find a program that will do it for you on a scheduled basis rather than clogging up the Uniserver with more stuff that isn't really necessary.

[View Quote]

anduin

Sep 11, 2002, 5:00am
An identity claiming to be known as "shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> scribed the following <3d7eaa51 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

>All those small files? It's one file. It's really not that difficult to copy a text file to another location...
>
>If you're really that lazy, then write or find a program that will do it for you on a scheduled basis rather than clogging up the Uniserver with more stuff that isn't really necessary.

I'm still too lazy to bother going to my AW folder. The wish itself is a good one. We pay to use AW, we have a right to ask for things ;o)

--
,,,,,
(o o)
/--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
| Anduin (317281) |
| o The Gorean Scribe |
| o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
| o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |

equin0x

Oct 13, 2002, 8:04am
You would rather have over 1, 000, 000 teleports on the uniserver? Some
machines hosting other universes cannot hold that much...What if the
bandwidth is limited?

Think about it.
Just back it up to a web site or server or something.
Making it server side is just a bad idea.