the joker ss // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |

The end of an era

May 31, 2002, 1:12am
allthough i am not his best friend , i hope he is going to have a great
future , and thx for all the effort he put in AW , i hope he drops by in AW
someday to check on us :)

"brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3cf6de56$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> According to a chat log that I received two weeks ago, two things of
> importance are supposed to occur today. While the release of 3.3 is
> probably no longer on schedule, I doubt that the other event has changed.
> For those of you who are unaware, Roland Vilett, AW's lead programmer,
will
> be reporting for his last day of work at Activeworlds this morning.
>
> For those of you who don't realize the impact of this event on the
> community, Roland has contributed too much to Activeworlds to recount. If
> anyone had a technical problem, Roland was THE source on AW - period.
> Having been around at least since the COF takeover of AW if not before (in
> other words, a LONG time), Roland single-handedly programmed almost all of
> the current browser, world, and universe software that we all use every
day.

> Putting aside some minor disagreements some might have, Roland has been
> actively involved in the community since day one - holding TechTalks,
> visiting worlds, and talking to people using his software. At times, he
was
> even moreso a representative of the company than his superiors. During
the
> days when corporate partners set the development order, Roland was at the
> forefront, continually arguing to include more features aimed to improve
> normal citizens' experiences.
>
> I'm sure that everyone remembers an instance where Roland helped him or
her
> solve a problem. For myself, I still remember Roland's nonstop commitment
> last Fall when AWTeen was continually being attacked by hackers and
password
> stealers. He must have been asked to resolve these problems at least a
> half dozen times if not more, but he didn't complain once. Even when it
was
> past 10:00pm and he had to be off the clock, he was still working late
into
> the night restoring property, looking up world logs, and taking care of
> vandals.
>
> I titled this post "the end of an era" because Roland's leaving really is
> just that, and cross-posted it to all these newsgroups because if there's
> one topic that's of interest to all AW citizens, this is it. I hope that
> I'm not alone in saying that Roland has left MrGrimm some very large shoes
> to fill.
>
> If you're reading this, Roland, I wish you luck in your future endeavors
:)

grimmsoft documentation

Apr 27, 2003, 9:55pm
since www.grimmsoft.com offline is , some ppl offer the ocx as download ,
but i was wondering if someone somehow saved the ocx documentation from that
site , it would be very usefull , thx .

sdk.AwEventSet AW_EVENT_TELEGRAM ????????????

Jun 23, 2003, 11:53am
thatds for the smarter programmers among us :)

new xelagot ?

May 26, 2002, 2:04pm
willl there be a new one with the new SDK ?

The end of an era

May 31, 2002, 1:12am
allthough i am not his best friend , i hope he is going to have a great
future , and thx for all the effort he put in AW , i hope he drops by in AW
someday to check on us :)

"brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3cf6de56$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> According to a chat log that I received two weeks ago, two things of
> importance are supposed to occur today. While the release of 3.3 is
> probably no longer on schedule, I doubt that the other event has changed.
> For those of you who are unaware, Roland Vilett, AW's lead programmer,
will
> be reporting for his last day of work at Activeworlds this morning.
>
> For those of you who don't realize the impact of this event on the
> community, Roland has contributed too much to Activeworlds to recount. If
> anyone had a technical problem, Roland was THE source on AW - period.
> Having been around at least since the COF takeover of AW if not before (in
> other words, a LONG time), Roland single-handedly programmed almost all of
> the current browser, world, and universe software that we all use every
day.

> Putting aside some minor disagreements some might have, Roland has been
> actively involved in the community since day one - holding TechTalks,
> visiting worlds, and talking to people using his software. At times, he
was
> even moreso a representative of the company than his superiors. During
the
> days when corporate partners set the development order, Roland was at the
> forefront, continually arguing to include more features aimed to improve
> normal citizens' experiences.
>
> I'm sure that everyone remembers an instance where Roland helped him or
her
> solve a problem. For myself, I still remember Roland's nonstop commitment
> last Fall when AWTeen was continually being attacked by hackers and
password
> stealers. He must have been asked to resolve these problems at least a
> half dozen times if not more, but he didn't complain once. Even when it
was
> past 10:00pm and he had to be off the clock, he was still working late
into
> the night restoring property, looking up world logs, and taking care of
> vandals.
>
> I titled this post "the end of an era" because Roland's leaving really is
> just that, and cross-posted it to all these newsgroups because if there's
> one topic that's of interest to all AW citizens, this is it. I hope that
> I'm not alone in saying that Roland has left MrGrimm some very large shoes
> to fill.
>
> If you're reading this, Roland, I wish you luck in your future endeavors
:)

Xelagot 3.305 now available

Jul 3, 2002, 4:52am
i noticed the same

"just in" <Justin at no

mail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3d22953a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Why is the survey surveying such a wide area now? I ask bot to survey 1
> cell and it surveys 25 sectors just to retrieve one cell? Also... the
> back-up world scripts I think still work - but the bot seems to be
reporting
> its progress every second?
>
> Regards, Justin

[View Quote]

Lister Version 1

Aug 27, 2002, 5:30am
she apologized so evryone chill

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d6b199d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ... 2 posts that were huge... this is the first person i may have to
filter
> I HAVE A FREKAING 28K MODEM... holy shit what the hell were you thinking
[View Quote]

Xelagot

Sep 15, 2002, 2:01pm
scripts to propdump stuff are included and easy to edit

"pineriver" <pineriver at thenett.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d826f76 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Is there a script for Xelagot, that is like a build bot?

YASBB 1.3.1 released

Mar 14, 2003, 1:17pm
sweet :)

Terrain Bots

Apr 18, 2003, 1:02pm
i have the same problem with dem files , i save them as BMP with dem2rwx ,
and reload the BMP , then its fine , shame about terragen is that i "only"
get like P120 size terrain .

Chazbot

May 4, 2003, 5:31pm
i would like to sign up for beta testing if you need someone to help out

some cool info for next update

Dec 5, 2001, 10:45am
indeed lol

"foxmccloud" <FoxMcCloud at cyberbrain.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c0e1560 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> We have decent food :P
>
> Fox Mc Cloud
>
> "tyberius" <tyberius at cinci.rr.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3c0dfa12 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

2.2 browser has object leakage.

Dec 7, 2001, 3:08pm
does 2.2 still work ?

"metawraith" <metawraith at ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c10e1e1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> working on a fix to remove that from 2.2 wouldnt stop anybody from
grabbing
> objects
> because those that want to do so most likely already have a goodly number
of
> builds of 2.2
> eg the oft and easily patched, much maligned build 303
>
> besides there are easier ways to bypass security and grab objects - nuff
> said
>
> ---

[View Quote]

bot range

Jan 13, 2002, 4:18pm
there are bots with a range above 20 co

"cozmo" <b.nolan2 at verizon.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c41ccf4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> that doesnt help. What if you run a bot that needs to cover your whole
> world? and its not for a special event. Of course AW WANTS you to buy more
> cits to get more bots

[View Quote]

Whois Feature

May 28, 2002, 9:56pm
a bot cant find out , why not implement into the browser ? allthoug its
allready send to the browser ...

"brock" <Brock at iceflare.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3cf417c5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well i was browsing around a domain registar site the other day, i noticed
> you can whois domains to see who owns them, what is there nameserver and
> what not, and i thought to myself, hey this would be cool in
ActiveWorlds!
> A feature on the website or built into the brower to whois worlds! To find
> out who owns them, what is their size, and how many users it can hold,
also
> if it allows tourists or not. :)
>
> --
> Brock - Admin at iceflare.net
> CEO/Administrator, IceFlare Network LCC
> http://www.iceflare.net
> AW - #308723
> [Active Worlds Build: 402]
> [Motherboard: DFI Socket 462(A)]
> [Processor: AMD Thunderbird 1.2GHZ]
> [RAM: PC133 - SDRAM 768MB]
> [Video Board: nVidia Riva TNT2]
> [Video Drivers: Up To Date]
> [Video RAM: 32MB SDRAM]

bubbles

Jul 3, 2002, 5:18am
yeh , make it an option , it aint that bad , also , if you turn of the text
above avs , it still shows yours

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d22a03e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i cant post to the beta newsgroup, but it sounds like aw might remove the
> bubbles all togther. i REALLY dont want them to totally remove the chat
> bubbles... unless you are in awgate or awteen/other crowded areas its a
> really cool feature.. i hope they only give an option to change
opacity/turn
> it off :((

Disallow certain permissions

Jul 23, 2002, 4:15am
i think the most important thing , someone not letting enter a world by cit
# is allowed now by adding an eject by cit # , its at least something

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d3cea2b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> this has probably been posted 10+ times and aw still hasnt gotton it
thorugh
> that WE WANT THIS FEATURE!!!!
[View Quote]

3.4 wish

Jul 26, 2002, 8:03am
try this in the directional light settings .

Direction :

X: 0
Y: -0.1
Z: 0

i hope this helps , worked out in my world .

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d40c1d2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> yes if you have a ground and a terrain with the same texture... the
terrain
> will semm like its NIGHT and will be VERY DARK. i dont know how to
brighten
> textures... but that would probably make them look different and probably
> wouldnt have too much of an effect
[View Quote]

AWmegaOY

Jul 31, 2002, 5:00pm
same , seems to take some time
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d482f1c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I wish it was opening NOW :-)

[Update] :(

Aug 21, 2002, 11:59pm
its a sick world somethimes

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d64341b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I regret to inform you the 2 girls I mentioned in the post with the
subject "[Online] Making AW Secure" have been found dead, 2 woman is being
charged, the man charged with murder is in a mental hospital waiting to be
tried.

> - Mark

3.4 dialog

Sep 3, 2002, 9:50pm
its better then the old ssytem , but maybe tabbed would be even better

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d754851 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> yes if they are going to do that make EVERYTHING like that. if not then
make
> it like the settings dialog- TABBED... its a creative idea, but i think it
> would suck
[View Quote]

Teleport list on Uniserver

Sep 10, 2002, 11:23am
good idea , also , an option to upload and download the whole contact list
would be greta , so you cna put your contact list easy on your other cits
also

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
news:asprnucj4cd74k9e305n46n6bgnrlc222h at 4ax.com...
> An identity claiming to be known as "rypp" <rypp at usa.com> scribed the
following <3d7dd3d3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at wishlist:

time!

> Agreed, I wouldn't have lost very old coords from years back if that were
the case :o)

> --
> ,,,,,
> (o o)
> /--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
> | Anduin (317281) |
> | o The Gorean Scribe |
> | o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
> | o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
> \--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Tourist allowance 3rd color

Jan 10, 2003, 6:45am
what if everything stays at it is for citizens , but tourists see a "T" in
side the color ?

i know in 3.4 the ratings are in it thoguh

AW 3.1

Feb 17, 2003, 5:23pm
its like complaining to ID software that Doom 3 wont run on my pentium 100

closed worlds

Apr 18, 2003, 10:18am
what about ppl like me who dont care about ratings and just want wolrds ot
be red or green depending they are open or not , there should be a "retro"
option for those things

closed worlds

Apr 18, 2003, 1:29pm
was thinking about that also , but would the crc check mess up ? not sure ,
i dont want another mail from bill

[Wish]

Apr 20, 2003, 11:54am
its so easy to be done , but i guess they just wanna make life hard for
tourists

how to make an op page?

Dec 3, 2001, 11:35pm
the one on Mauzs page is fine , made me learn how to make an OP

"xelnaga" <eric at disaxiom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c0c1745 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ok, I have an op, I let pretty much whoever use it in their worlds, and
i've
> got a few regular people who use it. Anyways, eventually they wanna move
on
> and make their own ops, and they usually end up making me explain to them
> how. So i wanna know if their is a page up somewhere that describes step
by
> step how to make an op so i can direct these people to it.
>

> Thanks,
> Xel

Old AW Splash Jpgs

Jan 31, 2002, 9:16pm
the 3.1 Beta splash :o)
http://www.shoemakervillage.org/awteen/textures/splash.jpg

"sinew" <citizenaw at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3c56f2e7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A page sounds good, I'm making it now. I don't know about all versions
> being available for download, but I do know of one very old version with a
> saved cache that someone had. I don't remember who had it or know if it
is
> still available or not; however, I have spent considerable time searching
> for it.
>
> Does AW company allow you to keep previous versions on the web for
download?

> I've found the full sized 2.0 splash.

[View Quote]

trueSpace 4 Tutorials

Jun 4, 2002, 2:32pm
i am planing to learn TS 5 , are there major differences ?

thx

news:3cfc9ae6 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

http://ts.oriox.com -
> only one section left to complete.
>
> Once everythings finished I hope to expand the tutorial to cover more
stuff,
> but right now I'm just trying to get the basics done. If there are any
> problems, mistakes or broken links, lemme know. :o)
>
> -Robbie
> robbie at oriox.com

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |