poseidon // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

Surprise

Aug 21, 2001, 10:04pm
SURPRISE! NEWS FLASH everyone! The public seriously wants an RPG
coordinator/program to help create and or sponsor RPGs. There was a
unanimous vote just now at the public meeting. dun dun da dun!!!

Poseidon

Surprise

Aug 21, 2001, 10:06pm
Ok wooops sorry for that bit. Posted in the completely wrong newsgroup, heh.
Ignore it.... Just had my community newsgroup highlighted... *backs out
slowly*

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Surprise

Aug 21, 2001, 10:41pm
Oh be quiet mike :P

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Memerial World to open shortly

Sep 14, 2001, 11:06am
What the heck is the world name?

Poseidon

[View Quote]

A not-so-welcome home. . .

Jan 6, 2002, 2:05pm
Excellent post! Hopefully, as lara said, perhaps the powers that be at
Active Worlds Corp will look at this post, and "see the light". Perhaps not.
Thank you for that wonderful post.. It just proves the point that there ARE
people around in this universe that resort to practical means of
communication.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Alpha has got to go

Feb 20, 2002, 11:57am
Couldn't have said it better myself, Lara.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Best of AWTEEN Story 2

Jun 1, 2002, 3:07pm
The point of this was not to "flood" or "invade" the general AW Community
Newsgroup, Bowen. The point was to share what some people created, with the
greater AW Community. We are all one community - no matter how you put it...
We all strive to have fun, or build, etc, and we all share the same
software. It was all meant for a laugh :-D So lighten up, and laugh, when
someone from another sub-community shares with the greater community.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Server Space

Jun 1, 2002, 2:13pm
Hey all,

do any of you know where I can get a good amount of server
space, for an object path, to the point where the cost is not insane? I am
tryin to upload portions of the AW Megapath, including some custom objects,
avs, and textures. Any information is welcome :) Thanks!

Poseidon

Server Space

Jun 1, 2002, 3:00pm
Thank you all so much :) This morning I was at a dead end, flipping out
because the server I was trying kept maxing out on me! Woooh, I can work now
:-D Thank you all again!

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Server Space

Jun 1, 2002, 3:04pm
Also with the bandwidth... how do I estimate that for a world?

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Server Space

Jun 5, 2002, 11:06am
Hi all,

Well I myself believe that Dion was very helpful! I used his source,
and bought server space, and a domain from the site he suggested. It was so
helpful... in fact, that I was able to get that huge mega path, and all of
the custom objects I needed, up on a website. Also, thank you to everyone
else like Strike who suggested some free sites :)

Cheers,

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Weebette (1958 - 2002)

Jun 8, 2002, 11:38pm
To the family, and friends... Weebette was a wonderful person.. I am sure
you knew this. Although I had never met her, I was always reminded of her
kindness by friends, and those I knew in the Community... She will be missed
greatly. My deepest sympathies to all family, and friends.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Don't Look Now! It's...

Jun 12, 2002, 11:08am
Got a good laugh, lol

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Generations Day, AWTeen

Jun 26, 2002, 8:47pm
Even if you aren't a part of the community, it will be a great event to
see :-D Truly an event to go down.. If the first time Thor was shown, was
thought of as impressive... then Robbie's stuff will be amazing, heh. Also,
Demeter, and Strike's bots will be a great show. :)

See ya at 1pm VRT

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Oberserver Mode Aka new Mode for AWCom to spy on us.

Jun 28, 2002, 3:42am
I think people are just a bit paranoid...

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Sorry

Jul 11, 2002, 6:15pm
*claps* Yes well, I just don't understand why it was in the Bots newsgroup
*grin*.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Preload zip now available....

Jul 28, 2002, 6:48pm
yes.... lots of pictures! *fingers hurting from holding the camera for so
long*

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Where's Lara?

Aug 11, 2002, 1:38am
From what I know, Lara has been exploring other 3d programs... I know she is
a registered citizen in Cyboria. I spoke to her a while back, when she said
that she was indeed exploring new places, but that she would not be leaving
AW... Hopefully, that is true.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

[AWNews] From Bad to Worse

Aug 27, 2002, 2:15pm
That's horrible GK >.< At least there is one advantage to having the news
posted in here... It makes the newsgroups a one stop spot to catch up on all
the gossip, and the great news =D I suppose you should be thankful that at
least we have this newsgroup, and have a way of communicating, and spreading
news at large :o)

Poseidon

[View Quote]

[AWNews] From Bad to Worse

Aug 28, 2002, 1:16pm
True, but this gives some people something to look forward to, lol. People
may just start skipping all of the *useless* stuff, and go straight for
"[AWNews]" =)

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Shankahtus in Gor

Aug 28, 2002, 8:43pm
Why not post a message like this? It isn't really slander, because he is
just telling us to watch out for the guy, if we go into business with him...
he isn't saying "every go out and hate Shankahtus"...

Poseidon

[View Quote]

cy nominations out

Sep 3, 2002, 12:30am
I think the truly sad part about all of this bickering, is not that
certain people weren't put on the voting balot, but that by arguing like
this, it ruins the whole spirit of the CY awards. The awards, no doubt, are
for the community, to award certain community members that have worked hard.
Jeez, we all work hard... but by attempting to raise hell because you feel
you were shorthanded in a community awards event... it just seems a tad
petty to me. Why can't people just accept the fact that they did not make it
on the balot, be fine, and decide to NOT send flaming telegrams to some that
are actually on the balot? I've spoken to some of the nominees, and many are
truly upset because of the backlashing effects they are receiving, due to
all of this nonsense. ALl of this - this arguing, this flaming, and just
plain complaining because of person opinions, is completely ruining the
spirit of the whole event....

Poseidon

[View Quote]

cy nominations out

Sep 3, 2002, 12:32am
bah, I made some typos in that ^_^ Try to ignore them, LOL.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

cy nominations out

Sep 3, 2002, 11:22am
True, and some very good points, though I was not necessarily directing that
post at any one person - though there have been many, that have flamed this
topic in an inappropriate way... I hardly call what I said, a flame,
considering I wasn't attacking anyone. There are those, however, that have
sent telegrams to some of the nominees, that could definitely be considered
flames...

Poseidon

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Stirring the Virtual Melting Pot: Sept. 2002

Sep 13, 2002, 4:10am
I remember the day just as if it were yesterday. I woke up at my normal
time.. 5:30 AM, here on the West coast.. California. I slowly got up, jumped
in the shower, got out, came back to my room, and turned on FOX 11 news. I
just kind of stared at the news. A tower, in new york - World Trade Center..
burning. Reports were that it was a plane that caused the accident.

As soon as I heard the words "A small craft has crashed into the world trade
center", a chill went all the way down the back of my body. I woke my mom.
She was shocked.

For the rest of the morning, it was normal proceedure in my life. I had just
started Sophomore year in high school a few days earlier, and was getting
ready for school. I remember keeping the television on while getting ready,
steadily listening to the news... Then, I heard that a second plane had
crashed into the remaining tower. More chills. Screaming newscasters, and
people in the streets from the live feed. It was 6:25 and time to go to
school, so I snagged my brothers walkman and ran out the door to the bus.

Needless to say that the bus was full of people comparing stories, what
happened when, the current events. I was the only one with a *working*
radio, so I tuned it in... As i did, I remember the most horrifying thing in
the world. A newscaster.. hysterical, yelling as I heard that the first
tower fell. It was the strangest feeling in the world. I looked at my
friends on the bus... and... could barely say it... when I did, the bus got
completely silent. The rest of the ride happened in almost silence, with me
relaying what was occuring to friends. For about a half hour or so things
were... the same. Then, as we got close to my school (it takes about an hour
to go from my house, to my school on the bus)... I hear "Oh my god.. oh my
god, the pentagon has just been struck by another plane" - we were five
minutes away from school by then, and I remember the faces of everyone on
the bus as I turned around, and told them "The.. the pentagon has just been
hit". Utter shock, silence, and fear in their eyes, and indeed, in my own.

For the next five minutes, and as I walked into my first period class, I
just remember praying over and over "God please save us. God please save us
all..." over and over. I don't think I have ever prayed that much, in that
short amount of time...

Upon coming into my first period english class, it was the most horrifying
thing I had ever seen. The TV was on, and everyone was watching it.. as we
sat down, within those 30 seconds of entering, and sitting, I saw the second
tower just... crumble down. I think I almost went into pure shock as i
stared at that television. I had not seen the first tower fall... only heard
the screams... For the rest of that period, people came in silently, sat,
and watched... the whole day was like that, until I got home and called up
one of my greatest friends.

That is my story. As I said, I don't think it will ever leave me. I've had
some dreams about it. But.. I will never forget, being on that bus, on my
way to school... and hearing those reporters - the people who always keep
their cool, screaming such horrified words... I certainly won't ever forget.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Pre-show Party :D

Oct 19, 2002, 1:40pm
Greetings everyone!

Today at 7pm vrt will be the AWTeen CY Pre-show Party. We
will have some people making speeches, some demonstrations, good music.. and
lots of fun :D I hope you can all make it on out... again, it is at 7pm
vrt - the coords of the event location will be announced about a half hour
before the actual event.

Thanks,

Poseidon

Pre-show Party :D

Oct 19, 2002, 7:13pm
The coords are AWTeen 1630.21S 50.09E 0.00a 359 - thanks :D

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Close the newsgroups

Nov 5, 2002, 11:43pm
No kidding, heh. I mean, it's all rather ordinary in most newsgroups, isn't
it? Tech support NGs aside... But really, I personally look forward to
signing on in the morning and reading both this Newsgroup, and the AWTeen
Newsgroups for the reason that it makes me feel attached to the community,
even if I am not signed in. Sure, the newsgroups get a bit crazy sometimes.
Ok, very crazy - but the problems you see exploding here haven't all been
sparked by things that have occurred in here. There is always an exception
though.

If you haven't noticed, most of the trouble starts IN world.. Not here! It
is then the act of certain people bringing their problems into the
newsgroups (and letters saying "to: so and so" - which really doesn't help
the ratio of flaming posts to important posts) that spark heated flames, and
personal battles. If people would only learn to keep their *personal*
problems in world, or in e-mail, the newsgroups wouldn't be filled with such
violent outburst - well not as much :)

What I'm trying to say is that in a community, there is bound to be
fighting. In a newsgroup, you cannot avoid it. Yet a majority of those
problems begin outside of the newsgroup. Besides, whats a community if no
one posts their *community* concerns about a big topic in our universe, on
our main means of communication? Nothing, really. If people didn't air their
true concerns to this newsgroup, it would show what a lack of community
spirit we all have, which fortunately, is not true.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

Daphne's Bingo Topic

Nov 5, 2002, 11:58pm
Hey there Daph,

I am willing to help out as a Judge, and will also offer up
some AWTeen advertisements for the cause =oD Let's see if we can make this
some great fun!

Poseidon

[View Quote]

AWTeen's Winter Escapes Building Contest

Dec 3, 2002, 5:13pm
Greetings all :)

I thought I would pop in here and include all of you in the
Holiday Spirit :) If you didn't know, AWTeen is currently holding a Building
Contest, which is open to all. The theme is appropriate for the holiday
season: Build your ideal Winter Escape. This could be anything from a cozy
cabin, to a sky lift hill that holds a hidden home - you pick!
The deadline to build, and enter, is Decemeber 19th, as all
building must be completed by December 20th. If you are interested in
joining in the fun, check out:
www.awcommunity.org/awteen/contest - The prize is well worth it =D

Thanks much,

Poseidon