Best of AWTEEN Story 2 (Community)

Best of AWTEEN Story 2 // Community

This is a hillarious extract from AWTEEN's NG's at
news://andras.net/AW.AWTeen i think youd like :)

-------------------------By Mark---------------------------------------
Mountain Myst has gone and borrowed Cryonics' credit card to use for the
purpose of "entertaining the active worlds community" and she has gone and
kindly organised a huge AWTEEN reunion in Hawaii and paid for it using
Cryonics credit card (Well, 200 people 2 weeks in Hawaii aint going to take
off 1% of what he has - I doubt he even noticed when MM came back in smiling
and going to get her Swimsuit and invite some of the other people at AWC).

So we all arrive at Hawaii. CarlBanks almost was airsick and we managed to
get Robbie's laptop before he hacked into the planes flight controls and
started flying our plane. But we made it in 1 piece!

To utter amazement Chanty has brought a water pistol with "TP" written on
the side of it to "keep everyone in order" and thinks seem to be going
great.

While Mark and the MaEC are sitting around a table drinking orange juice
while planning how to finish Survivor 5 in under 2 weeks while Chanty,
Sophie and Steph go bobbing for apples in a big bucket. (What they are
wearing is upto them :P), everyone is having fun, Phalaphe is trying his
best to learn to windsurf and Poseidon is sat on a seat outside his Limo he
flew all the way over from the USA. Meanwhile Robbie was trying his hardest
to hack into the local ISP while Eric and Carl play in the sand together
building the "Church Of Eric" onto to have it obliterated by a wave every 2
seconds.

The waves were splashing and the BBQ was making a great smell of food as
Jasmine attempted to run along the front of the water trying to avoid the
waves.

--------------------------By Robbie------------------------------------

Note: JP = Cryonics and Rick = Enzo

While MM is sitting with Princess Lauren and MIKsam on the beach. Robbie
sneaks up and steals JPs Credit Card and tip toes back to his computer
laughing evilly.

Meanwhile in Boston, the Active Worlds server lies pwerless in the corner of
a darkened room while Rick and JP use the plug socket for the kettle. Roland
wanders into the room;
"Right lads, I'm off" Started Roland, "I'd like to take this oportunity to
thank you for all these-"
"Yeah Yeah, whatever...just make sure you double bill a few credit cards
before you go to pay for the Porsch I bough yesterday afternoon."
Interrupted Rick.
Roland sighed, glad he was leaving now and walked out of the room while Rick
and JP continued to listen to the NFL coverage on the local radio station.

Suddenly all the light in the Active Worlds iffce went Red and a deafening
siren began wailing at 30,000 decibels. Rick and JP dropped their mugs of
coffee and looked at each.
"SOMEONE JUST CLICKED THE UNISERVER PRICING OPTIONS LINK ON
ACTIVEWORLDS.COM!" The shouted simutaneously. They both got up and ran over
to the nearest console, sweat pour down their faces.
"Its a good job we included all that spyware in the installation of the AW
Browser, arent you glad we did it now, eh?" Said JP, exitedly and opened up
Sub7, connected to the customers IP Address and opened up screen capture.
Rick and JP's pupils transformed into dollar signs as they saw the mouse of
the possible customer hovering over the U4000 pricing option.
They say motionless watching the users every movement tentatively.

A few minutes later Rick and JP lay on the floor of their office in a pool
of coffee, their eyes in a satisfied glaze.
"$62,483" they both repeated over and over again.

Rick sat up, "Awww Shit! Roland left already. We could of had him double
bill this credit card too."
JP stood up slow, "Don't worry, he said he left intructions on how to do it
on the fridge."
"Which one?" Asked Rick "We have four."
JP walked over to one of the fridges and pulled a small Active Worlds Post
It off the front. He read the instructions and then went and sat down at the
console.
"Riiiight" He started, as he tapped and cliked away.

A few mintutes later, "Shit. I think I billed it more than twice.."
"Heh, so what? muahahahhahahahahahah"

As they sat laughing to themselfs evilly, Robbie over in Hawaii was doing
just the same as he say with JP's credit card in his hand, looking at his
laptop screen reading the same message out loud over and over again.

"Thankyou for purchase an Active Worlds Uniserver, your credit card will be
billed promtly. -Active Worlds Billing Team"

-------------------------By JP-----------------------------------

Damn! Theyve found us out! Run for it!

Sorry for not cencoring it, I pasted it from the open post instead of the 1
id just cencored >_<

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 11:09am
Don't post this crap here..

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

yeah, the other 1 was better.

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 11:34am
Not that, it's a waste of bandwidth either way. If they really cared,
they'd go to the AWTeen newsgroup to read this junk.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

Its just something that most people would find funny if they gave it a
chance, its in no way true (although I do wish we had a reunion in Hawaii
and JP was payin)

brant

Jun 1, 2002, 12:01pm
I don't appreciate your calling these stories "crap." While I might have
posted this message in general.discussion or not at all, there are nicer
ways to share your opinion, such as saying "Thanks, but I'm not interested,"
not replying at all, or by E-Mailing Strike personally in a nice manner
suggesting to him that he post the message elsewhere.

If you actually read the AWTeen newsgroup recently instead of following
stereotypes, you would have seen that many members of the community worked
long and hard on these tales, and that you just offended more than fifty
people by calling creations they worked on for days "crap." When you've
worked for a year trying to create a sense of community (such as this story
contest) in a newsgroup like the posters in the AW.AWTeen newsgroup have,
then you can set the rules. This is almost as bad as the kind of stuff that
Eep posted when he was still around.

Go ahead and flame away.

[View Quote]

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 12:15pm
Oh give me a break. I do read the AWTeen newsgroups, maybe you didn't
realize that, being lost in your fancy sterotypes as well.

The point of my post is that it doesn't need to be here, if he wanted people
to read it, he should post the link to the AWTeen newsgroup in the general
discussion. Suffice to say, they are crap stoires and don't belong in the
community section.

Glad I can be compared to Eep, at least he realizes something that's so
plainly common sense. There's no need to repost it if it's in another
newsgroup.

Stuff like this is so plainly stupid and a waste of bandwidth I don't see
why you waste time... oh to get a free cit! Joy, let's all write some stuff!

The reason I didn't e-mail him is so people realized that it's not something
that should be happening all the time, because I know if I didn't say
anything, all the people from the AWTeen newsgroups would start posting this
and other similar "crap" here.

If you don't like my calling it crap, put me on your killfile. Everyone has
a right to their opinion and the right to express their opinion excluding if
it's vulgar.. and sorry to say, crap is not a vulgar word. Unless of course
you're a bible beater. Sorry to offend you if you are. I can't please
everyone.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

Thankyou Brant, I Very much apreciate it.
Even if the post I origionally made turned out to not be a very
good idea. I apreciate it that people will tell me kindly that it was not
apropriate instead of looking for the nearest flame thrower. My intension
was to bring people to see the creativness that awteen can do, which I doubt
many people who dont go to awteen all the time know about. All that was
wrong was the method. My apologies if u dont find reading the origional post
entertaining or funny, but I reccomend that you visit the AWTEEN Ng as there
is much more than what you may think :)

"The point of my post is that it doesn't need to be here,"

Neither does 10,000 other posts on here, but its the community that makes
the community.. And the story i posted was made by part of that community.

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 12:55pm
You have a newsgroup for the AWTeen portion. Keep it there.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

sheridan

Jun 1, 2002, 12:56pm
I enjoyed the post it gave me a chuckle. And as part of the community, I
appreciate learning that there is an AWTeen newsgroup. Thanks for sharing.

[View Quote]

poseidon

Jun 1, 2002, 3:07pm
The point of this was not to "flood" or "invade" the general AW Community
Newsgroup, Bowen. The point was to share what some people created, with the
greater AW Community. We are all one community - no matter how you put it...
We all strive to have fun, or build, etc, and we all share the same
software. It was all meant for a laugh :-D So lighten up, and laugh, when
someone from another sub-community shares with the greater community.

Poseidon

[View Quote]

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 3:10pm
Just post the link so you don't need to repost the entire thing. That's all
that needed to be done, and it should've been in General Discussion since it
really had no point for the community.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

Id have to object, the abilities of the community to entertain are part of
the community itself

silenced

Jun 1, 2002, 3:14pm
Whatever, it's apparent no one listens anyways. I don't know why I bother.

--Bowen--

Have $3... want a website?
http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=12

[View Quote]

lioness e

Jun 1, 2002, 5:50pm
I too enjoyed reading it. I can't tell you how many negative posts I've seen
in this group, not to mention all the "crap" about other things such as
world politics and typos, etc. This was refreshing and is indeed part of the
aw community at large. It's great to be able to smile or even giggle now and
then while reading the newsgroups. We don't have to be serious all the time.

[View Quote]

beardo

Jun 1, 2002, 9:17pm
This is no crap! It is artistic freedom at the best and have everything =
to do with AW.

Strike, it's good work! :-)

--=20
Regards,

Beardo

Remove nospam for email reply. Free Bryce 4-5 textures and planet =
materials.
http://medlem.spray.se/beardo/

"silenced" <nospam at privacy.com> skrev i meddelandet =
news:3cf8c781$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Don't post this crap here..
>=20
> --Bowen--
>=20
> Have $3... want a website?
> http://www.smartpenguin.com/affiliate.php?id=3D12
>=20
[View Quote]

d a n

Jun 7, 2002, 11:37am
Funny! I've never laughed so much in the AW Community!

<Dan>