young phalpha // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |

Re: HTML posts (was Re: Object Yard)

Sep 5, 2001, 10:26pm
Well, no HTML editor can beat Dreamweaver, because not only can you edit its text and it will
adapt to it. It also has amazing "Site", Template, ect support, and an amazing graphical editor,
and with Fireworks included, you can make some really nice stuff :)
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote]
"sw chris" <chrisw10 at nckcn.com> wrote in
news:3b964f0c at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> you posted that in text....
>
> SW Chris

[View Quote]

ATTENTION!

Sep 12, 2001, 7:37pm
Uhh, the WTC contained over 400 business's (large ones) and is the international center for
trade of money. Its possible the WHOLE world could have a recession over this, so I would take
his advice seriously.
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Grand Opening of the Stuff-X eStore

Sep 26, 2001, 6:18pm
well said! :)

[View Quote] Builderz
Stuff-X - AW Hosting & Computer Store
http://www.stuff-x.com/
PGP Key ID: 0xAC0E7073 (for non-commercial use)

[View Quote]

CPU Problems.

Sep 24, 2001, 6:21pm
I don't know how to fix it, but nice system :)

[View Quote] Here's what I have:
1ghz AMD K7 T-Bird Processor
Sound Blaster LIVE! Audio Card
nVidia eVGA Video Card, 64 MB
640.0 MB Ram. (yes, 640, wasn't a typo)
MSI K7T Turbo Limited Edition Mother Board
20 GB Western Digital 7200 RPM Hard Drive
WindowsME

My Problem:
A) When Launching Active Worlds version 3.1, the mouse cursor becomes hourglass; busy; and
remains that way untill selecting
something at which it returns to normal state, without 3.1 opening. When I Control-Alt-Del, it
shows the program 'Aworld' as
active. I have installed, un-installed, and re-installed it numerous times to no avail. Any
Ideas on a possible problem would be
greatly appreciated, as it would on the problem below.

B) Not AW Related, but I was hoping to get your input. Whenever launching an audio application,
I get an error stating that the
audio driver is already in use, thus not allowing me to have ANY audio. I honestly have no idea
what the problem could be, but I
would be very happy if you all could help me resolve both without having to take the system in,
thanks.

- J B

CPU Problems.

Sep 24, 2001, 10:32pm
Dear Mr. Internal Affairs,

Screw off.

Sincerely yours,
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

CPU Problems.

Sep 27, 2001, 2:23am
uhh, everyone has to start somewhere you lazy ass, now stop flaming people for no reason or else
you'll get a lot of people pissed off at you, more than the current number as of now, so shape
up.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

3.2 Resizing

Sep 25, 2001, 10:11pm
Email Roland at activeworlds.com and include your system specs as well in that :)

[View Quote] --
- Cozmo Of Cozmo-X
(website coming soon)
World: A'Dude

People having problems with 3.2...

Sep 28, 2001, 6:53pm
1. Make sure you have latest version of DirectX (shouldn't you always have that?) ->
www.microsoft.com/directx
2. Video card drivers as well, if you can't find the website post it and I can help you find the
website for that...
3. Windows Media Player latest - the 7.1 has some sound improvements over 7.0 ->
http://windowsmedia.com/download/download.asp

These should work if you try these steps, if they don't work, THEN email Roland... also, to
located your video card manufacture / type for the driver...
1. Press START button
2. Goto "Settings"
3. Then either hover over/click on "Control Panel"
4. Find and click "System"
5. Find "Device Manager" tab and click it
6. Click to expand the "Display adapters" item
7. Tell what the text is on that

Hope I can help on this...
--
Young Phalpha

People having problems with 3.2...

Sep 28, 2001, 7:16pm
Hmmm, this might be a newer driver...
www.windrivers.com/script/driverd.asp?loc=http://www.windrivers.com/company/tseng/drivers/w95et6
..zip, its 82kb, well next month isn't too far away so just hang in there on that one..

[View Quote] An attempt to upgrade the driver got the message that the best driver
available is already installed.

I'm using DX 7.0 (will have to wait til next month to dload 8, as am over
my ISP's monthly dload limit already, thanks to the AW upgrade).

I've changed the video tab setting in AW to Direct3d (from the software
renderer original setting), and that has improved the backdrops. Am now
checking on other problems.

Thanks for your help!

Ruff

AW 3.2 mail

Sep 28, 2001, 11:52pm
hmmm not that I know of...

[View Quote] Other than that, AW 3.2 is working fine for me!

About an idea on the FeatureVote site...

Sep 30, 2001, 12:36am
Wouldn't having the rotate in all three dimensions idea require a increase in the cell data
limit so things would not get messed up? Also would avatars be able to rotate in all three
dimensions? (hmmmm, going upside down in a tunnel :D )... just wondering...

Life imprisonment for hacking crimes

Oct 2, 2001, 6:29pm
There's a HUGE difference in taking out very huge buildings, 6000 people dead, and the Dow
dropping, and that of making a "StockQuoteBot" which *might* steal about 10-20 passwords of
peoples which is usually fixed by AW banning him and people sending a simple email to AW to get
their password back or something... of course there can be other things that might be able to do
some "serious" damages to various things of their account or sending a virus to their computer,
but of course I won't say those because of certain wanna-be computer terrorists who would see a
plethora of ideas...

[View Quote] In other words, if this law is passed, those who continue to spread
these childish fake "Stock Quote Bots" and other trojan horses could
find themselves up against stricter penalties than a simple ISP
account closure should the proper authorities be notified.

Take a look at the full article at
http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/internet/10/01/hackers.terrorists.idg/ind
ex.html.

Hmm, anyone else crashing?

Oct 6, 2001, 6:04pm
Yep I crash as well...

[View Quote] Neat, it seems to be because of rw-gpwir.rwx. It doesn't crash 3.1.
And it works fine when losing the translates etc with RWXmod.

AWORLD caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0157:bff789b9.
Registers:
EAX=04119c5c CS=0157 EIP=bff789b9 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=00000ab4 SS=015f ESP=0074f7c8 EBP=0074f7ec
ECX=02860285 DS=015f ESI=04128940 FS=530f
EDX=d014c1b0 ES=015f EDI=0283f7cc GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
89 41 08 8b 56 04 8b 46 08 89 50 04 8d 04 1e 50
Stack dump:
0283f7cc 00000000 0101000c 01010000 04128940 00000000 00000000 00006968 00004129 0074f814
bff78b81 01010000 04128940 00000ab4
00000000 04137e65

[Build 392, W95C, PIII/667, 256 MB, Creative GeForce2 GTS, DX8a]

--
Mauz
http://mauz.tnlc.com/

Hmm, anyone else crashing?

Oct 6, 2001, 6:45pm
Because she might believe its more stable or something, does it matter? If it crashes on my
system too then its not because of the OS causing it.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Hmm, anyone else crashing?

Oct 7, 2001, 2:20am
I hear [from Roland] that XP is very bad, who speaks the truth? :)

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Just something id like to point out

Oct 11, 2001, 3:41am
Doesn't the homepages include hosting as well?

[View Quote] XanLar

(O/T) How to break your copy of Windows 98

Oct 20, 2001, 10:21pm
Again as I just posted in the community NG's about your personal attacks... bah I won't even say
it in the NG's :)

[View Quote] [View Quote]

ngs on a mac?

Mar 2, 2002, 2:58am
To run AW on a Mac it requires a emulator, that would make it fairly slow...

[View Quote]

ngs on a mac?

Mar 8, 2002, 11:02pm
Your welcome :)

[View Quote] [View Quote]

My first post, help with 3D card

Mar 1, 2002, 11:41am
You might want to try a Geforce 4 MX :) They should be pretty cheap. Could you give a price
range and interface (PCI or AGP)? If its PCI your best bet is a Geforce 4 420...

[View Quote] Since I got fed up with running Active Worlds on a PC emulator (sloooooow) I
convinced my boss to let me have one of the companies old Dell towers. Its a
450mhz Dimension model.

My problem is that it comes with a nVidia TNT2 card with 16mb of memory.
Gives a decent performance with distance set to 40 meters, not a lot.

I have been asking a lot of people online what cards they use and price
performance wise they suggested a geforce 2. Now is my question, which one?
I can get my hands on the MX200 model for a fair price, would that do the
trick?

Gerard, on and off active worlds since 95.

technical skills

Apr 23, 2002, 7:01pm
she means IIS is opening a port and making it unusable for other applications..

[View Quote] KAH

[View Quote]

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 7:19pm
What Filmkr was stating was a medical operation can be serious yet the medical advances for
procedures and recovery can still make it serious, my dad had heart surgery, doesn't sound
serious, but the hospital telling us they almost lost him is. Any coronary or heart surgery is
serious. Johnny B was rude in saying that, if you wish to boycott the Cy's just because of that,
then it appears you were "looking for a reason". You know, talking to you in telegram your
alright, but in the NG's you piss me off.

- YP

[View Quote] --Bowen--

[View Quote]

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 7:36pm
You know, I believe Insanity got in the same way most others got in. I know Bit chooses people
on the committee wisely because of the way I got in, I wanted in almost as soon as I heard of
them, well I got hosting from a friend and he hosted my world for a month but because I was
still pretty young at the time, I did something stupid (I forget what it was) and talked to ABP
and pissed her off too, however I changed my self around, discovered a few talents I had,
offered Bit to do a new page with new images and graphics, and did the main page, she saw it,
liked it, and I was off in doing the rest of the site, somewhere around the time of starting the
main page to finishing it I told Bit who I was, the person who pissed her off, she was happy
that I changed and I was on the committee for about another 1 1/2, to 2 years. Yet I haven't
been on the committee in a while, I will stand by it and defend its integrity for as long as it
persists and my citizenship persists.

- YP

[View Quote] Something interesting on the Cyawards is that it is sponsered by Goober's
news site and that another sponser (http://abn.ablivion.net/) carries
Insanity's advertising on it ... not trying to accuse anyone of anything,
only highlighting some associations. You know it makes me wonder how
insanity got those past CYawards ... kinda like the US govt ... best
decisions money can buy!

Glitter

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 7:46pm
Bowen was stating is it a bad PR move to insult someone by saying "Might I suggest you get an
education child?", the reason Filmkr said that was simply because the lack of common sense
Johnny B had, yet Bowen was "boycotting the Cy's" simply because of what Filmkr said, yet
looking for a reason as that is a very stupid reason to boycott the Cy's.

- YP

[View Quote] Anyway, someone who fakes having to go to the hospital and blames it on a newsgroup argument is
not trustworthy in my opinion.

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 8:35pm
I'm trying to convince you not to boycott it, its stupid to boycott something just because
Filmkr said someone needed an education to realize something so simple and logical, I don't care
what upbringing you have, you should be able to realize what Filmkr stated without thought

- YP

[View Quote] If you don't like my reason for boycotting it, so be it. It's not your
decision to make. Maybe I think your fighting me on this just to fight is a
stupid reason? It's all relative. I really don't care what you think of me
or why you think it, despite what I say or do, you'll still think that way.

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 8:37pm
I don't think he faked going to the hospital, unless you have proof that he did, add an "I think
someone who fakes...", notice the "I think", that means your stating opinion, not fact...

- YP

[View Quote] Anyway, someone who fakes having to go to the hospital and blames it on a newsgroup argument is
not trustworthy in my opinion.

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 8:39pm
Just because he had a 2 day rest in the hospital after a coronary surgery is very possible, so
unless you still believed he faked going to the hospital, tell me what the "smoke" is that needs
to be seen through

- YP

[View Quote]

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 9:03pm
Well, business is a place where everything is agreed to on paper, sorry, but if you encounter a
hoster problem after 30 days and you can't get your refund, only thing you can do is contact the
better business bureau, if that was done we could truly know his credibility, but going by fact,
he's a good man who is not prejudice towards people. My post was about how Glitter Kitty was
accusing Filmkr by being "let in" by association, not being voted in (although my personal
example was her letting me in by my personal talents and will to work with a community
organization, not by being voted in, but nonetheless to show integrity of the organization
itself) as it had happened.

- YP

[View Quote] Thats quite respectable from someone your age...... I'm impressed ..... I'd think, seeing how
you
will "stand up for your beliefs" You, perhaps, would understand why we stand up for OURS......
and
the "age" statement just now was NOT meant in any derogatory way..... Just, I'm probably twice
your
age and see so few teenagers with any type of maturity level worth mentioning these days.....
apparently you arent one of them, and thats a good thing.....

You see, " I " believe that if someone TRUSTS you and gives you their MONEY for a service or
product, you have a responsibility to DELIVER said goods...... if not, return the money and
part
ways......when you abuse that trust, you undermine any good that might have ever been associated
with you in the past...... You see, If I took my customers' money and then never finished the
job
and refused to return the witheld amount, I'd end my butt up in court..... needless to say,
I'd
pretty much destroy my and my business' future and reputation.... AND the respect my customers
and
peers have in me, understand ?

What it boils down to, is this...... I have no respect for ANYONE who bilks people out of their
hard earned money..... period....... And I WILL voice my opinion when I see such
occuring........
people come to AW, to make new friends and have fun.....not to be ripped off and have their
enjoyment trampled on like so much garbage by self righteous arrogant thugs.....

Hopefully you can understand MY point of view...... I do have a right to express it after
all.....

JB

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 9:09pm
Well, if he has such this bad reputation, why was he voted in by the community? For the "I
think" part I reread your post and read that you had "in my opinion" on the end...

- YP

[View Quote] As far as adding "I think" to my sentence: No. It's already implied that "I think" what I said
because I said it.

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 25, 2002, 9:21pm
then what was the point in announcing you were boycotting the Cy Awards in the first place? What
real reason are you boycotting him and what he deals with? Is that reason based off of what you
heard or what you know, or a fact? If it is not something you know, saw, or is a fact, then
there is no reason in boycotting it. I know it is your decision to boycott it and all, but like
I said, I can convincing you not to...

- YP

[View Quote] --Bowen--

[View Quote]