young phalpha // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |

Wishlist Bot Commands

Feb 26, 2002, 11:25pm
AW could make it an SDK command with the parameter of the avatar session of a menu item to add
with several other parameters and functions to remove or change...

[View Quote]

AW_UNIVERSE_TIME?????

Apr 25, 2002, 10:34pm
If this is Delphi here is some code which I use..

procedure HandleEventUniverseAttributes(); cdecl;
var
TempTime: TDateTime;
begin
{
there is a variable called UnixDelta or something which might make the TryEncodeDateTime
useless, but I haven't experimented with that myself so you might consider looking in to that
}
TryEncodeDateTime(1970, 1, 1, 24, 0, 0, 0, TempTime);
TempTime := IncSecond(TempTime, (aw_int(AW_UNIVERSE_TIME) - 7200));
TimeOffset := Now - TempTime;
end;

TimeOffset simply is a global TDateTime value I use. Whenever you need to display the date in
VRT, I use:

DateTimeToStr(Now - TimeOffset) + ' VRT'

- YP

[View Quote]

yab (yet another bot)

May 26, 2002, 11:46pm
include me in it, I'm hoping you'll add scripting or something of the sort?

- YP

[View Quote] > okie send it to me I'll test it for you.

tnx (i hope :) i'll make it available on my server, i'll give the adress in
a private email. it wil take about 1 week more to have the first draft
ready for testing....

AWAPI Unit for SDK build 24 [Delphi]

Jun 7, 2002, 8:57pm
This is Magine's, she has this for download, www.turtleflight.com/DL/mAWAPI24.pas

- YP

[View Quote]

Delphi SDK Examples?

Jun 28, 2002, 9:54pm
www.imatowns.com/xelagot - that has a few things about the sdk itself, I think
www.canopus.org/delphi/delphi.html - several examples
www.turtleflight.com/DL/mAWAPI24.pas - Build 24 of AWSDK .pas file for Delphi

Also, the regular C documentation applies to the Delphi SDK, its pretty much all the same except
for some syntax and the declaration for a bot instance.

Also, if you perhaps have more questions those examples don't answer, you can ask me, XelaG (he
would prefer you email him at xelag at 3dee.nl, trust me, I know :), Magine, or myself, or anyone
else you can spot in this ng who programs Delphi..

- YP

[View Quote] I started working with Delphi around March, but I've'nt bothered w/ the SDK
:-)

Thanks in advance.

-Status

Rich Text Box Margin

Jul 2, 2002, 2:00am
Well, I don't program VB but I looked at the VB documentation and I guess you might try
AwChat.SelIndent and setting it to something around .5 to 2.0, gotta love documentation :D Keep
in mind with Rich Text controls the indent property can is skipped if you do something like
Name:<tabchr>Message - the tabchr is ASCII code 9, hope this might help, if not my attempting to
make since of the VB docs without knowledge of VB has not been successful :)

- YP

[View Quote] I am trying to make a Rich Text Box act the way the chatbox in ActiveWorlds
behaves. Everything is pretty simple except for the large space inbetween
the name and the message. I'll show you what I've got and you tell me how to
fix it. How's that? ;-)

Private Sub SDK_EventChat()
AwChat.SelBold = False
AwChat.SelItalic = False
AwChat.SelColor = vbBlack
AwChat.SelText = SDK.AwAvatarName & ":"
For X = 1 To 17 - Len(SDK.AwAvatarName)
AwChat.SelText = " "
Next X
AwChat.SelText = SDK.AwChatMessage & vbCrLf
End Sub

Rich Text Box Margin

Jul 2, 2002, 4:02am
the margin specifies how big the tab is

- YP

[View Quote] Thanks :)

[View Quote]

mult-instance

Nov 26, 2005, 12:32am
If at such a point a game world became popular enough, and had lots of
content, 1000 bots or more could easily be essential to the game, that would
be if perhaps 50 people or more were playing at most times, and the 1000
instances are spread out enough so users never have more than 50 instances
in proximity. Although, for it to be good, all players should have
broadband, otherwise 56k might be too slow for all that :)

[View Quote]

Zeebot

Aug 24, 2001, 7:21pm
Well, good free hosts are www.freeservers.com and if you want a good pay-host,
www.phpwebhosting.com is one of the best, www.awlife.net and www.myrthco.com are both hosted by
it, and both pages load www.google.com-like fast for me.
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote] > geocities suxx for website specialy if your serving zip files from one
[View Quote]

Public Speaker rights in Bots

Aug 22, 2001, 9:10pm
All PS does is if there are over 50 people in a area, the PS will always be
heard as long as its 200 meters within the avatar, as described in the help
files. :)

Young Phalpha

[View Quote]

Public Speaker rights in Bots

Aug 24, 2001, 6:59am
Because if there were over 50 people in an area, like the Cy Awards event for example, you'd be
lagged horribly due to avatar change events and things being sent. But a PS can't hear over 50
people though, the server just broadcasts it to everyone, I don't know what would happen if
everyone had PS, though.
--
- Young Phalpha
[View Quote] [View Quote]

Public Speaker rights in Bots

Aug 24, 2001, 7:04pm
Out loud conversations or whispers? I was told by HamFon you can't see whispers without a
cracked world server.
--
Young Phalpha

An object yard bot

Aug 24, 2001, 6:56am
Ananas has a program that makes OP Yards, but I don't think it has all those features, just
makes an OP from a registry file, I haven't used it but I know there is one.
--
- Young Phalpha
[View Quote]

Sorry everyone...

Sep 3, 2001, 2:48am
uhh, you mean the difference of 150-300 milliseconds or so is that much? :)
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Sorry everyone...

Sep 3, 2001, 11:59pm
that's odd, I have a 56k, hmmm... :/
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Xelagot 3.10 (AW 3.2 SDK 22) available

Sep 25, 2001, 10:00pm
MagsBot had SDK 21 two days ago, and 22 yesterday...

[View Quote] Please check What's New for details:
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

XelaG

Xelagot 3.10 (AW 3.2 SDK 22) available

Sep 26, 2001, 1:13am
hehe, no offense intended! *starts sending hundreds of long Delphi questions to Xela* :)

[View Quote] :)

[View Quote] >MagsBot had SDK 21 two days ago, and 22 yesterday...

[View Quote]

Sample C++ Bot

Oct 2, 2001, 6:08pm
Well assuming he's trying to learn the SDK, HamBot is a over packed example...

[View Quote] --

Lanezeri
Lead Bot Programmer at Stuff-X
http://aw.stuff-x.com

[View Quote]

anyone know?

Jan 25, 2002, 1:06am
he's alive!

[View Quote] Faber

"data21" <dbmiller at kiski.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c433766 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> anyone know when the next version of Preston will be out? this latest
> version dont know what a skybox is hehe its changing the lighting fine, but
> no skybox changing.

preston

Jun 28, 2002, 11:31am
Ima Genius told me some time ago he was working on it :)

- YP

[View Quote]

preston

Jul 5, 2002, 12:35am
Ohh :)

- YP

[View Quote] [View Quote]

[...]

Proxy Bots?

Aug 6, 2005, 9:24am
Use a macro editor, such as this: http://www.pitrinec.com/clickymouse.htm

[View Quote]

Calculator

Oct 7, 2001, 2:22am
*was about to warn Kitty about html posts but knew this would happen anyways*
Welcome to HTML flame posts war 4736!

[View Quote] - Excal

Textured Street Objects in AlphaWorld

Jan 9, 2001, 11:08pm
Well, many people use the current streets for effects and stuff, so it'd
prolly be new objects :)

[View Quote]

Shadows, Complete X,Y,Z movements for objects, and other mich

Mar 4, 2001, 6:13pm
Shadows are a bit hard I believe, if it was implanted, it wouldn't be like
the 3D Max Shadows, it'd be vertex-based. And to make everything not look
like hell, it should be a command in the object file, like "shadow x y",
where x=darkness, 0 being none (pointless to do), or 1, totally black, or
perhaps y could be color, so like shadow .5 FF0000, and a command for the
action line, like create shadow .5 FF0000 :) or make its color the backdrop
color. This could be done but theres something called FPS, which would kill
it :( About full XYZ rotation and not just Y rotation, I agree we should
have it to be static not through the rotate command :) But it would require
a re-write and Beta browsers would need to be able to read the old way and
beta worlds could not take visitors from non-beta browsers, but we can
easily fix that by having our own Beta Uniserver and then when its ready for
release upgrade everything and do a forced-upgrade for the worlds, browsers,
ect. :) So it could be more complex than just programming it in there. Then
there would be slower property loading, which may also require a rewrite for
the object database method to make it more compressed, which was also
require a seperate universe to test in. I don't think the worlds have a
forced upgrade thing but they possibly do, so they would need to upgrade the
world for that to make sure everyone will upgrade to it and check when no
one or few people are using the old world server and the ones who havn't
upgraded will be sent a email that their world will be disconnected if they
don't upgrade or something like that. So its very complex to do what you
want to do :)

[View Quote]

New Rights Feature

Apr 16, 2001, 9:32pm
for now, you script a bot that can take a world query at start up then
delete all tourist objects and watch for new tourist objects :) I believe a
XelaGot script can even do this :)

- YP

<snip>

Two Action Languages

Apr 16, 2001, 9:30pm
To make it non-confusing tho, it would be scripted like this server-side,
and be converted client-side :)

- YP

<snip>

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |