Sorry everyone... // Bots

1  |

r y a n

Sep 1, 2001, 6:56am
This is a Message to EVERYONE...
I'm really sorry if i have been a menace in the news-groups...
The first time i posted everyone went crazy at me... i didnt know the Rules
that you cant post in HTML,and im sorry about that...
Im just sorry for being a Mennace in the newsgroups...
I Just want people to actely listen to my posts...

(((((((((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))))))))
And Sorry
From R y a n

donna

Sep 1, 2001, 7:26am
Ryan,
personally i feel an appology like this shows such maturity!!! I am
soooooo proud of you!!!! and I dont even know you!
a wise woman told me today.... "No bad guys in AW.. just good folks who
sometimes do bad things" i will add that maybe sometimes people are fast to
judge others without stopping to ask the person why they do things.
personally I feel sorry for you, now knowing you didnt know the rules on
html. but chin up sweetie, tomorrow's sun will bring us all a new day
Huggz Donna

[View Quote]

r y a n

Sep 1, 2001, 7:29am
Thanks donn!
[View Quote]

lanezeri

Sep 1, 2001, 12:14pm
Hey buddy.. I don't care if u post in HTML, it don't bother me at all..
actually.. I don't know why people bitch about it.. but.. I guess thats just
me.. anyway.. u weren't a menace lol.. trust me..

--

Lanezeri
Lead Bot Programmer at Stuff-X

[View Quote]

donna

Sep 1, 2001, 7:47pm
Maybe it is time to put this issue with Ryan to bed, I talked to
Ryan last night, he tells me he 11 years old. I personally disagree with
warez sites (I found out what they were only last night) but this is a child
for goodness sake!!! has any one of us ever done anything wrong when we were
kids? I interpret Ryan's 1st response to EEP's post as a childish way of
defending his self. I saw his apology as a much more mature way to handle
what he did wrong. I saw that anana's (whom I believe a decent human being)
had mentioned cross posting. What the heck is that? And am I doing this
also?
Donna

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 1, 2001, 9:32pm
well he came in seemingly with no intent except to
spam i mean he even said he wasnt gonna reply
which i take it as "im advertising and leaving so
dont bother" and html posts take a long time to
load its not something id bitch about just would
ask the person to stop

[View Quote]

the derek

Sep 1, 2001, 9:35pm
cross posting is when someone posts the same thing
in different ngs... basically making people read
the same thing over an dover in each ng and making
it look unread when it is actually not... i dont
complain but it does bug the heck out of me

[View Quote]

chucks party

Sep 2, 2001, 10:22am
Oh gosh here we go again, lol there are no rules in the Charter that make html
against the rules. There are people who can't seem to get that thru their thick
heads but this is the fact of the matter. Some people have News Reader programs
that do not read html, bottom line they are the ones that do not like it so try
to shuv their beliefs that it's wrong on everyone else, you have done nothing
wrong Ryan and there is no need to apologize to these goof balls, lol Using
large pictures or something might be a problem so try to keep it as low in k as
possible when you do post in html. That's just common courtesy.

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Sep 3, 2001, 2:48am
uhh, you mean the difference of 150-300 milliseconds or so is that much? :)
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

the derek

Sep 3, 2001, 3:40am
well its twice as long try downloading 30 or 40 on
a 28k modem and each text message can take up to
10 seconds for me almost a minute if its html

[View Quote]

young phalpha

Sep 3, 2001, 11:59pm
that's odd, I have a 56k, hmmm... :/
--
Young Phalpha

[View Quote] [View Quote]

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:27pm
Ryan... You didn't do anything bad in the NGS to be sorry for. I'm
one of the old time people in the NGS since 1989 and back then it was
alot different. There was NO html anything. But over the years the
software assumes that HTML is nice DEFAULT as it is in e-mail and so
you just do the simple post and most likely not realize you are posting
the included html file. Now days unless you really read the HELP file
or click on HELP you won't find a way to turn off the stupid DEFAULT
HTML post. But as most things in life... It comes from experiance and
trial & error and even i [Old Pro] can tee people off in a NGS
sometimes. And that is without really trying half the times.

"r y a n" <birkin at ozemail.com.au> wrote in
news:3b90a2c2 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> This is a Message to EVERYONE...
> I'm really sorry if i have been a menace in the news-groups...
> The first time i posted everyone went crazy at me... i didnt know the
> Rules that you cant post in HTML,and im sorry about that...
> Im just sorry for being a Mennace in the newsgroups...
> I Just want people to actely listen to my posts...
>
> (((((((((((((((((HUGZ)))))))))))))))))
> And Sorry
> From R y a n

jfk2 builder

Sep 4, 2001, 8:32pm
To me it's just a blip. At CABLE speeds it really is. No kidding.

"young phalpha" <RhaneC at msn.com> wrote in
news:3b943584 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> that's odd, I have a 56k, hmmm... :/

grimble

Sep 4, 2001, 9:06pm
Hey people, can we restrict this to ONE newsgroup please? ... rather than
all of them? The topic is kinda tired now.

[View Quote]

mad kitty

Oct 5, 2001, 12:13am
Do they even still make 28k modems anymore?