xelag // User Search

1  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  36  |

Floating tabs window stuck closed..

Apr 11, 2004, 12:48am
You either get used to it or you lose. It's here to stay. I had my
problems with it in the begining too, coz I was not aware of it
either. Easy to get used to it too.

Alex

On 10 Apr 2004 20:14:52 -0500, "lady nighthawk"
[View Quote] >Because people are use to minimize / maximize, if they are going to make
>roll up the standard they should make it an obvious change. I didn't know
>about that feature til I happened on it by accident and I'm sure many others
>don't either. You'll see this same kind of post again and again because of
>it. And if MS has changed why hasn't my email/ng programs, nor most of my
>other programs that work in MS? It has Min/Max feature for that window ...
>if you're going to change then be consistent! Roll up is not a standard
>windows feature, not yet anyway.
>
>LNH

[View Quote]

Floating tabs window stuck closed..

Apr 11, 2004, 10:30pm
I'm starting to wonder... don't you people have other things to worry
about? You can size your screens, floating tabs or not, to the size
you wan't. Isn't this getting a bit childish?

I personally don't particularly like floating tabs, but I manage to
live with them quite satisfactorily. At 55 years of age, I learned to
resize my screens to my satisfaction, roll them up if necessary,
change a bit my petty attitudes... and enjoy the rest. The newest
versions of AW are transitional to 4.0, where a lot of changes are
expected, these floating tabs are the least of them. If you start
like this now, you'll die of anger, frustration and spasms when you
have to adapt to even more change.

If you really insist, there are a few universes that will not move on
to 3.5 or further... maybe time to consider taking residence there?

Just a thought :)

Alex

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Floating tabs window stuck closed..

Apr 11, 2004, 10:53pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] Not at all, it is because I don't have the skill to do it nor feel
like doing it. If I would find a better layout that would fit MY
needs, I would change it without consulting anyone. After all, it's
MY bot :)

Of course I would think twice before doing that, but that is another
matter. I think AW is quite right in exeperimenting with a new
layout, it's their program and I'm quite sure they will not miss the
couple of people who will die of a stroke because of the change.
Something very different would be if they changed backward
compatibility issues in their code, that would hurt many people and
themselves.

Alex

What's new in 531?

Apr 10, 2004, 10:29pm
3.5 browser 531, in combination with world server 64 and bots with the
new SDK 37, presents a few new options, which may not be apparent at
first glance.

1) if the universe server allows it, botgrams can be sent between bots
(has nothing to do with the browser or world server though, just
thought I'd mention this)

2) web pages in the browser allow to send a specific message to other
browsers and bots (the URLClick event). Very usefull for easily
developping web pages that can communicate with bots, passing on some
parameters and who clicked on the web page link.

3) special buttons can appear in the browser (at universe level)
allowing bots to receive certain message IDs. Useless at world level
because it is not customisable, bah.

4) a universe user list may be enabled, another universe dependent
feature.

5) many bug fixes and changes in the way the browser works have been
applied. Other bugs of course managed to creep in :)

6) in combination with 3.5 world servers (57 upwards), water under
terrain and a vertical offset for terrain can now be chosen in the
world options. This choice was already present in browser 525.

Hope I did not forget anyting :)

Alex

On 10 Apr 2004 08:38:30 -0500, "carlbanks"
[View Quote] >It looks the same.

What's new in 531?

Apr 11, 2004, 10:32pm
Can you document where you got this info from? Xelagot is still
following the old system, that could crash the bot.

Alex

On 11 Apr 2004 18:36:46 -0500, "ep0ch" <deltawolf at deltawolf.com>
[View Quote] >Forgot new Mega cell limit. Now holds 5000 bytes.

>-Ep0ch

[View Quote]

What's new in 531?

Apr 12, 2004, 10:43pm
You are always right. Only I don't know where. What are you talking
about?

Alex

[View Quote] >So I was right? :)

What's new in 531?

Apr 13, 2004, 11:25am
I was wrong with world build 57. That comes because the world itself
echoes an unadjusted value back in the world attributes. You can
actually set it to 20000 or more and it will appear to have accepted
it. Internally, the values are adjusted by the world server before
being used.

The first world server version that accepts the new Mega is build 62,
which is not in distribution. And by the way, the Mega limit used to
be higer than 5000, it was set in build 351 to 5000.

All of this is conveniently confusing :)

Alex

On 12 Apr 2004 22:57:38 -0500, "ep0ch" <deltawolf at deltawolf.com>
[View Quote] >The new cell limit was in world build 57 according to Alex, but recently
>with the new 531 browser they have let it be an option with world builds
>higher than 57.

Happy Easter!

Apr 13, 2004, 7:08pm
Well, Andras and the others in this thread,

my personal opinion is that religious and political discussions do NOT
belong here or in any AW newsgroup.

A greeting for Pesach or Easter or Vernal Equinox is fine with me and
welcome, because it is a greeting to people that have a particular
belief or tradition and shows respect. Respect has to be the basis of
our society.

Religious statements as "Happy easter and this is the day Jesus Christ
rose from the dead after dying for our sins." are not, because they
are assertions that imply and take for granted that we all believe in
this and impose a religious belief on others. I find it offensive to
do so, whatever the intention behind it. This is not the place to
proselitise your own religious or political beliefs.

Some people, like carlbanks, keep on doing this, like his whole thread
on the film "the passion of christ". With all due respect to their
beliefs, I would rather they learn to respect other peoples'.

Alex

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 11, 2004, 12:26pm
Happy Easter sunday!

The latest version of xelagots x1, av99bot and srvcxlgbot are now
available. Read the details at
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 12, 2004, 3:09am
There is a problem with the cell data limit:

1) the SDK pages do NOT mention a change there

2) testing now, I find that world build 57, which accepts a cell limit
of 5000 (go to av02 and check), the 531 browser does not show this,
although the new SDK does report it properly. World 64 is accepted ok
by the browser with a Mega cell limit (see Xelagon)

3) in older worlds, the SDK allows to set 5000, even if its not
allowed, and things go wrong at world and SDK reporting level

So I forgot nothing, it simply has not been properly implemented and
documented, even if the 531 browser has 5000 Mega. I will investigate
this further, thanks Ep0ch. Seems typical of what is happening lately
for the past 3 or 4 months with the beta: no proper info or updates.

Alex

On 11 Apr 2004 18:17:36 -0500, "ep0ch" <deltawolf at deltawolf.com>
[View Quote] >You forgot the Mega cell limit again, new in build 64 of the world server.
>Mega is 5000 bytes.
>
>-Ep0ch

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 14, 2004, 10:37am
That is how the 3.4 AW browser behaves because it does not know Mega.
Use the 3.5 latest browser 531 in a world server 64 (world server 57
is included in the bot as having Mega by mistake, will be corrected in
a future version).

Alex

On 14 Apr 2004 00:14:22 -0500, "sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >when I change the limit to Mega using the xelagot, I noticed when I checked
>by aw browser (still have 3.4) that it had switched from Huge to Normal and
>the building inspector still was screaming.. I changed it back to Huge and
>tried again through the bot and it again changed to Normal.. Is this Normal?
>LOL .....do I trust the Xela at Mega or AW at Normal?...
>sweets

Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 14, 2004, 10:53pm
Sorry Sweets, if you don't know about numbers, just leave it at what
it was. The maximum setting you can use if you are blonde and things
don't work is Huge, Mega is not for blondes. Set it back to Huge in
either the browser or bot, and pay for the best :)

Alex

On 14 Apr 2004 17:02:03 -0500, "sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >ok zeofax must tell you I read it and read it and still is chinese to
>me.....3.5 latest browser 531 in a world server 64 (world server 57
>LOL sorry folks but although I have run bots and world for many years I do
>not even recognize any of these numbers or have any idea what anyone is
>talking about (ok flame me for being dumb is ok LOL)
>Do I leave it on the AW browser as Huge? or do I change it to Mega using the
>bot then leave the aw browser at Normal when it is switched.....sorry but
>that is all I need to know without a batch of numbers.....
>sweets

Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 14, 2004, 10:55pm
not:
and pay for the best
but:
and pray for the best
:)

[View Quote] >Sorry Sweets, if you don't know about numbers, just leave it at what
>it was. The maximum setting you can use if you are blonde and things
>don't work is Huge, Mega is not for blondes. Set it back to Huge in
>either the browser or bot, and pay for the best :)
>
>Alex
>
>On 14 Apr 2004 17:02:03 -0500, "sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com>
[View Quote]

beta 531 comment

Apr 12, 2004, 5:50pm
the correct email address for beta bug reports is:
beta at activeworlds.com

On 12 Apr 2004 13:39:06 -0500, "brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org>
[View Quote] >Again, this is beta software. I can understand not liking the change, but
>not liking it because it's buggy isn't acceptable. Software doesn't fix
>itself.
>
>Instead of flooding the newsgroup saying that something "sucks because it
>doesn't work," send an E-Mail to support at activeworlds.com and tell them it
>doesn't work!
>
>-Brant

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.502 emergency update

Apr 12, 2004, 3:40am
Due to the lack of proper documentation on the ActiveWorlds SDK web
pages, and to the inconsequent functioning of the SDK build 37 and of
the browser build 531 regarding this matter on world builds earlier
than 63 or 64, the previous 2 versions of Xelagot lack the ability to
set the Cell Data Limit to Mega. This version attempts to fix this.

While writing this, I have not yet been able to update the xelagot web
pages: it is 6:30am and I've been investigating this problem all
night. But the links to download this version (x1, av99 and srvcxlg)
have been updated.

Alex
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/

Major bug

Apr 12, 2004, 5:52pm
the correct email address for beta bug reports is:
beta at activeworlds.com

On 12 Apr 2004 13:37:01 -0500, "brant" <awteen at shoemakervillage.org>
[View Quote] >Hey KSG,

>While I'm sure that the software has bugs, it's beta software and should be
>treated as such. Don't call AW "stupid" because you've having trouble with
>a beta build. Instead, send a bug report to support at activeworlds.com so
>that it can be fixed.
>
>When world server build 29 destroyed all the property in my p-50 world and I
>had to restore it from a week-old backup, losing lots of work in the
>process, I decided I would never again test beta world server software. You
>might want to take a similar approach if you have sensitive data.
>
>-Brant

[View Quote]

funny banner for cy award :)

Apr 15, 2004, 8:46pm
[View Quote] >no

Yes. Well according to British standards. The former Colonies have
modified the language, of course :)

Alex

[View Quote]

warning virus

Apr 15, 2004, 8:51pm
I was a very large horse built of wood, which in the greek vs Troy war
the greeks left at the gates of Troy 3 thousand years ago, as a
present after the end of the war. The Trojans brought the beast into
the city and, alas, that was their doom. Inside the horse was the
greek army, that got out and killed and destroyed Troy.

Copyright: Homer, The Iliad.

On 15 Apr 2004 17:20:21 -0500, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Hmmm.... why exactly is that a trojan horse?

>- MR

[View Quote]

Re: Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 15, 2004, 8:42pm
Sweets,

get rid of world server build 57. This was an early 3.5 beta world
server. Install the latest one (64 I think) which you can get at
http://www.activeworlds.com/products/download.asp
(make sure you get the 3.5 beta one). You can also get the latest 3.5
beta browser there. Never use a 3.4 browser in a 3.5 world if you are
caretaker, always get the latest one. In fact, match you browser and
world servers :)

Alex

On 15 Apr 2004 16:05:46 -0500, "sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >now that I understood...thanks Alex....was confused because world server
>says at top build 57 and yet when look in the 'about' there it says build 13
>(and that was loaded 3 months ago)....I have 3.4 browser and my partner 3.5
>but see aw as build 498 (not sure what hers is) but by the bot says sdk
>build 37 and on bot browser says on entry is Activeworlds. build 51,
>Universe build 51.....none of these numbers seemed to match anything anyone
>was saying.....LOL can kind of see why I got confused. Thanks much for the
>help and the explanation. Makes a bit more sense now *groans
>sweets
>PS: did I ever tell you I hate computers?? LMAO.....PEACE : )

Re: Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 16, 2004, 10:27am
[View Quote] >
>KKhhmmm - sever build 57 is NOT a beta server! It fixed a serious world size problem and did not include any new features.
>
>Sorry,

it does include terrain_offset and water_under_terrain, which are the
two first 3.5 additions to the world attributes, so that qualifies for
me as beta. Maybe it's a combined 3.4 fix on an incipient 3.5 beta?

Alex

Re: Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 16, 2004, 10:53am
Andras, we are probably both half-right. It is offered by AW as a
non-beta world server on their page, but it has the first two 3.5
world attributes (even the 531 browser recognises that), and appeared
during the beta period in november 2003. At that time, I had not been
included in the alpha/beta group (was denied admittance), and when I
finally was admitted in december, had to update my knowledge of the
beta ng very fast - it took me a couple of weeks to do so. So there
is my confusion about the status, which is confusing anyway because it
is half way between 3.4 and 3.5 :)

Alex

>KKhhmmm - sever build 57 is NOT a beta server! It fixed a serious world size problem and did not include any new features.
>
>Sorry,

Re: Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 16, 2004, 6:27pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] I was talking about the use of beta attributes. World server 57 has
two beta attributes (in that sense I consider it beta). If one wishes
to use beta attributes, ditch 57 and move on to the latest beta. If
not, stick to 4.3 attributes. I may have phrased it wrong, but this
is what I mean.

You said 57 does not have new beta things: it does, and that makes it
confusing, it is a regular 4.3 world, and it is an early beta 3.5 :)

Alex

Re: Xelagot 3.501 available

Apr 17, 2004, 12:56am
I have just sent an email to Andras explaining my position about this.
In short, but in other words:

World build 57, for 3.5 beta purposes, is an early 3.5 beta version,
because it includes the first two 3.5 beta world attributes
(contradicting Andras' assertion that no new elements were included).
Anyone wanting to use/experiment with 3.5 beta MUST DUMP THIS VERSION
AND USE THE LATEST ONE.

Funny enough, world build 57 is also the stable 3.4 world version.
Not my problem. I acknowledge Andras' role in encouriging AWI to fix a
bug in the world server, but it was up to AWI to decide which world
server would have the honour. It so happens it was a 3.5 early world
server :)

Alex

[View Quote] [View Quote]

Xelagot web-pages downtime

Apr 18, 2004, 9:03am
On Saturday April 24th, Imatowns will have a downtime of several
hours. This will affect the Xelagot web pages. Please read:

http://www.imatowns.com/news.htm

Good luck, Ima, with the upgrade!

Alex

Xelagot 3.503 available

Apr 18, 2004, 6:08pm
See What's New:
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Alex

Whats your total online time?

Apr 21, 2004, 11:41am
64d 22h 2m

but most of my time in AW is spent by the bot (logged in or not) and
in its maintenance and does not show in the stats, I usually log in
for very short periods myself :)

Alex

[View Quote] >Mine is 188 days 7 hours 46 minutes as of 4/20/04 4:07:24am Eastern Time

clock

Apr 22, 2004, 10:53pm
govna = excrement
in south slavic languages :)

yedi govna!

[View Quote] >psh, you don't use govna only to your boss, plus, no one really uses govna
>anymore. you can call anyone govna, usually people you don't know too well
>though i believe.
>
> -SWE

[View Quote]

help me :)

Apr 25, 2004, 11:22pm
Heu, most of your postings are non understandable. Bowen suggested a
very good idea:

Écrivez votre question en français. Nous pourrons vous aider
davantage.

This is not meant to annoy you. I am french myself from my father, so
I speak it fluently, family french, although I'm not good at writing
it; I may miss some new technical terms in french though. But I can
not understand what you write here, even when I try to translate back
to french.

Maybe: write your question in french here, then followed by the same
in your english. This will make it easier for us to undersatnd what
you mean.

Salut,
Alex

[View Quote] >i have instal in my computer awswin57.exe
>and i have not acces in my option in my world
>
>the soft is = oki
>world open = oki
>but all acces not
>
>think the help andras for my routeur but for me is no good now
>if you have a idea contact me
>

>"bowen" <newoB at sardna.ten> a écrit dans le message de
>news:408c386f$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

help me :)

Apr 26, 2004, 7:22am
[View Quote] >mon problème et simple
>je peut ouvrir mon monde
>mais je peut pas activer les paramètre dans le monde
>
>mon routeur me bloque le retour
>where is the problem ?

my problem is simple
i can enter my world
but i can not activate the world options

my router blocks the 'return'
where is the problem?

help me :)

Apr 26, 2004, 2:23pm
Heu's cit in AW is 348543, it's not on the list you show there.

Alex

On 26 Apr 2004 06:54:23 -0500, "garnet" <red.garnet at verizon.net>
[View Quote] >I took some pictures of my server for you Heu. I hope this will help you :)
>Open your world server and right click on top of your world name. You will
>see a picture similar to this
>http://www.geocities.com/redgarnet22/web/worldserver1.jpg Next, go to the
>bottom and click on the "Properties", the area I circled and you see in
>blue in that picture. When you click on that a new box will pop up that
>looks like this http://www.geocities.com/redgarnet22/web/worldserver2.jpg
>I circled the area where you put caretaker citizen numbers in. Each citizen
>number is separated by a comma. If your citizen number is there already,
>then it is a router problem not a server problem. Good Luck Heu :) I am not
>translating this because I have no idea if the translation would be
>understandable :)
>Garnet

[View Quote]

1  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  36  |