baro // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  |

copyright violation

Oct 12, 2003, 10:13pm
You guys all need to be kicked in the face nine times.

Shut it up, shut it up you.

Free Models

Oct 12, 2003, 8:08pm
It's so nice to hear about worlds and people who treat modeling, world
owning, and AW in general as a relaxing hobby, rather than a business. I've
never much cared for people who try to turn AW into a serious stressfull
money grubbing business attempt. AW will probably never pay the bills, so
I've always found it nicer to always treat it like a hobby, rather than a
business... as that generaly just leads to stress and enemies.

Tourist building in Alphaworld

Nov 13, 2003, 5:45pm
awi thinks that if tourists can't build in AW, they have more of a reason to
become a cit. But in reality by letting tourists build in alpha world (not
like we can't spare the room or delete them) it draws in more tourists and
should make even more want to join, it also makes alpha world more active
and alive, encouraging existing users to renew and such. I know many that
haven't due to such reasons.

Ever wonder why?

Nov 13, 2003, 10:10pm
I'll be the first to say aw and it's gz look like shit that was eaten by a
shit machine and then pooped out as it was too shitty for the shit machine,
but I don't think that's the reason.

Back "in the day" there were fewer worlds and more people. In recent
history even with tourists AW was full since tourists could build in AW
before they were inspired to register.

Now tourists have no reason to be in AW as they can't build, and there isn't
much chat at awgz these days anymore. They all hang out at gate.. which is
a pretty poor example of what can be done in active worlds. This of course
has a spiraling effect as alpha seems more and more dead and less and less
people have a reason to hang out as their friends are no there anymore
either.

A new gz might increase the visitors for a few weeks as people come see it,
and I'm sure all the old "EVERYTHING IS HISTORY!!!! NO CHANGE EVER!!!" would
stir up some fun as they sat and whined at the new gz. Actualy all the old
folks complaining about change and all the new folks wanting to see the new
gz might inspire a renasaunce in alpha, combine that with tourist
building... who knows. But the old GZ certainly isn't the reason no one is
there, people used to hang out and chat in worse looking places (yellow for
example).

[View Quote]

Where's Baro?

Nov 14, 2003, 9:38pm
Where's poor little Baro on the latest NL? Between my 3 cits I've been here
7 years, 5 on this current, 6 on the two I still have.

Poor little baro....

Where's Baro?

Nov 15, 2003, 7:46am
Not november, was december sometime. I remember it was before x-mas.

Perhaps its only people who have renewal dates in november.. if so.. it's a
bit strange. Maybe it's a new thing every month they list the people.

[View Quote]

Where's Baro?

Nov 15, 2003, 5:05pm
news letter

Pay extra for tourists. Bad idea.

Nov 15, 2003, 7:47am
I've got a couple dead horses out back if you'd like a whack at them too.

(not that I don't 100% agree with you)

[View Quote]

Message to TENGEL

Nov 16, 2003, 3:50am
That shit is WHACK

Bingo in America

Nov 18, 2003, 6:58pm
I've been told the snake on he bingo cards represents the US navy (which you
arn't suposed to step on)

Bingo in America

Nov 19, 2003, 8:25pm
What??! A conflict over over-laps, I'll settle this!

*opens aw*

Ah ha!

Well, after an investigation I have indeed found that there are severe
overlaps at america's current GZ, but they are limited to the spirograph
like shape at the very centre of GZ. Some basic shift moving combined with
rotating would easily solve this problem. Other than that one area, the
rest of GZ looks fine to me, I have no complaints.

The world DOES seem wastefully large though, for the amount of people that
build there, but it has just opened recently. Awi gave them the world for
free? Well that's up to awi. Perhaps they thought the new america would be
as active and important to the community as the old one so many years ago.
My assesment on the matter is that it is posible, but the world will need to
offer something more creative than plot / free building and the odd bingo
game. There just isn't the demand for this type of world as there was years
ago, the community has many places where plot building and free building can
be done. AW... wildaw... awteen, TheBeans, and a plethora of other public
and semi-public worlds.

What currently seems to be in demand are QUALITY game and "system" worlds.
What I mean by "system" worlds is a world in which builders/players
participate in some sort of system, perhaps an rpg, perhaps a money-based
system, anything more structured than free building. Other than awrpg and
perhaps mutation, there arn't any decent worlds which imploy some sort of
system or set of rules, and those two are mediocre at best and don't even
allow building. Would be nice to see a world as big as America , but doing
something a little more origional than "here are some areas to build...".
Perhaps a money-based building world like newaw was suposed to be, perhaps
an rpg that allows players to shape the world rather than just fish or hunt
for items for hours, perhaps some sort of detailed turn base strategy game,
perhaps an x-com style squad based combat game? There are so many do-able
things in aw that simply don't get done due to lack of resources and
creativity.

Starpawn

Nov 18, 2003, 8:50pm
Just in case anyone is interested in this sort of thing, I've been running a
fairly successful web-based strategy game located at
www.avidgamers.com/starpawn/

It's like country-management political strategy game, but run and played
more like a pen and paper rpg. And before anyone ways this has no place on
this board, the whole game is based off the same history and story of my
world, Avatar. In fact often events in the game influence my world and vis
versa. I'm also working with a "bot-guy" on bringing a sort of full
spin-off game into AW... all linked together via events and such.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in the detailed universe surrounding my
world, check out the link!

Deleted Weebo and Clams

Nov 20, 2003, 5:43pm
I believe it's pronounced "Baleted!"

Where do the textures in AW come from?

Nov 21, 2003, 8:13am
I usualy don't give a rats ass about alpha world "history", but in this
case I'm a bit interested. Where DID those early textures come from? Were
they made? Found? Bought? Is anyone still around that could tell us this
story?

AW needs incentives for world owners

Nov 21, 2003, 9:56pm
I don't think anyone is making claims to entitilement, I think it's more an
issue of "this might be a good idea for the community".

E N Z O wake up your citizenships R dying, we are trying to save your ship!!

Nov 24, 2003, 12:04am
To be fair I enjoy much of Enzo's humour, mainly because you have to be a
bit of a dorky nerd to understand most of the stuff he says.

[View Quote]

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 23, 2003, 6:58pm
Really? I've heard much worse.

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 23, 2003, 8:02pm
Dude, I don't know if you've noticed, but in this day and age ANYTHING and
EVERYTHING someone or a group doesn't like is terrorism.

[View Quote]

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 24, 2003, 5:40pm
Count, for not towing the current US administration / fox news line, I'm
forced to brand you a subversive. Report to Guantanamo bay on the double.

Why do you hate freedom?

[View Quote]

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 24, 2003, 10:22pm
I just got a strange email from some hacker kidz or what ever they are
called these days.

"Be prepared for the stuff that will go down in AW sometime in the next few
months. You think it was bad before, there's new guys in town now to avenge
the wrongful doings against our friend. We are going to rip this place apart
and we are offering you front row tickets. If you think what people like us
have done in the past is bad, you just wait. This will rock AW to the core.
PREPARE FOR WAR!"

sounds like yet another kid got ejected from awgate for cussing and parents
won't buy him a new ps2 so he has to feel special by using his amazing
"hacking" skills (ie causing trouble via simple security holes). Well.. at
least we have front row seats eh?

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:54:08 +0000
From: Venom at Anti-Activeworlds.com ()
Subject: BE PREPARED AW CITIZEN
To: baronjutter at shaw.ca

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 24, 2003, 10:46pm
Anyone else get this email or was it just me for some unknown reason?

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 26, 2003, 12:37am
I just got about 50 emails from bill at activeworlds.com DEMANDING I apologise
for calling his "crew" stupid kids.

Awww... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or the feelings of
your "crew". I guess I shoud have realised if you were so emotionaly
involved and had so much of your self worth tied up in a crappy little chat
program, your feelings were easily hurt.

I'm really sorry... cheer up eh? I'm sure in a few years you'll out grow
this need for attention.

Everyone, lets all give this poor lad a group hug. It's what he is really
crying for....

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 27, 2003, 5:42pm
Where did I ever say it was from bill? I said it was from
bill at activeworls.com , the email, not the man. I thought it was very obvious
I was simply saying the same kids were just changing their return emails to
look like super pro hackers.

[View Quote]

object path passwords cracked

Nov 28, 2003, 7:09pm
I wish awi would do something about these kids. Where are the parents in
these cases? if they only knew what their little socialy inept picked on
junior high school son was up to....

object path passwords cracked

Nov 28, 2003, 8:03pm
I also deleted the email after forwarding it to bill.

DAMN! I could have cracked the secret of horrible looking objects!

object path passwords cracked

Nov 28, 2003, 8:44pm
"I am not AW's babysitter, I have a job to do and it does not include fixing
the mistakes of moronic people who can't keep their passwords secure. We
have always had a problem with these people and there's nothing we can do if
the AW community just comes running to us every time these so called
"virtual terrorists" passes gas. The AW community needs to wisen up or we
will just sit back and watch you destroy yourselves because we are mighty
sick of it. Now, please cease from sending us these e-mails because from now
on these will be deleted on sight.

Thank You,

Bill Hoover"

Quite a nice reply. I'm not sure what moronic things we did. Does he think
we just gave away all our passwords? Did he not notice many of the worlds
in the list were awi worlds?

object path passwords cracked

Nov 28, 2003, 9:51pm
Now now.. perhaps that wasn't the real bill. Maybe it was those kids faking
his return email. Let's give him the benifit of the doubt.

PLEASE HELP A!!CT HAS BEEN WIPED!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 6:55pm
Build in a more stable world?

Why?

Nov 30, 2003, 11:41pm
I can kick you, higher than you can kick me. I can kick you way up in to a
tree. Who wants a taste of my oolong tea?

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  |