Message to TENGEL (Community)

Message to TENGEL // Community

1  |

mrbruce

Nov 16, 2003, 12:06am
Tengel if your not going to host our worlds or fix your server, the least
you can do is stop worrying about AMERICA World for 5 seconds and send us
the damned Propdumps Attributes and Terrain data. For Christ sakes enough is
enough and some of those worlds are not even mine and you have me blocked
out of the server and never answer anyones emails or telegrams!!
Your server problems do not seem to affect Ashmore and Pata do they?
So fine I have moved my worlds now be considerate and send me the data for
the worlds.
MrBruce

ep0ch

Nov 16, 2003, 12:31am
If Tengel isnt giving you your data, thats lame.

[View Quote]

baro

Nov 16, 2003, 3:50am
That shit is WHACK

"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fb6dbb7 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Tengel if your not going to host our worlds or fix your server, the
> least you can do is stop worrying about AMERICA World for 5 seconds
> and send us the damned Propdumps Attributes and Terrain data. For
> Christ sakes enough is enough and some of those worlds are not even
> mine and you have me blocked out of the server and never answer
> anyones emails or telegrams!! Your server problems do not seem to
> affect Ashmore and Pata do they? So fine I have moved my worlds now be
> considerate and send me the data for the worlds.

Geez, he's having some major problems. Even his own mailserver is down, and
you start whining about a world server? Did you actually pay him for it? If
no, then just be patient. I'm not sure if he's actually hosting Pata right
now or if someone else has stepped in for him. The latest I heard was that
an ISP change was causing this, be considerate and think of the cost of
hosting all those worlds for free.

KAH

mrbruce

Nov 16, 2003, 12:34pm
well its just weve be denyed access for 3 weeks now since October 15th and
as i said there was worlds running off it that were not my worlds and no one
was telling me what was going on so i could tell the other world owners what
was going on.There are ways to call a friend and have them telegram me dont
you think? Problem solved i got in and got my data and transfered my worlds
and the other ones not owned by me to a differnt server.
MrBruce

*taps your empty skull* Hey muppet, don't you know he is having problems? Go
sort out your own problems before you go shouting at other people who are
working hard to fix theirs.

[View Quote]

brock

Nov 16, 2003, 1:58pm
tsk tsk, language brucey wucey

--
Brock
AW: 308723

Owner:
IceFlare Networks
IceFlare Hosting Services
Virtual World Broadcasting Network

Signature Length: 8 Lines
That's bout 5 lines more than what it should be...

- MR

> --
> Brock
> AW: 308723
>
> Owner:
> IceFlare Networks
> IceFlare Hosting Services
> Virtual World Broadcasting Network

brock

Nov 16, 2003, 2:53pm
Ok Strike Randall

--
Brock
AW: 308723

Owner:
IceFlare Networks
IceFlare Hosting Services
Virtual World Broadcasting Network

Cooler than Strike Rapier since...Forever?
Bow to my eliteness....
FEAR ME
MrBruce Sucks
Strike Rapier Sucks
HAHAHA CHIPMUNKS!

[View Quote]

john

Nov 16, 2003, 4:07pm
O_o at End of Sig

Lol

~John

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Nov 16, 2003, 6:37pm
I don't really want to know about this, as I am assuming at least half of
AW's population doesn't either :-) so maybe this would have worked better as
a private e-mail?

Bruce do something though eMail when hundreds of people could see him
moaning instead???

/me bangs head into wall to stop self laughing to death

- MR

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 16, 2003, 10:55pm
No actually I didnt know, interesting you knew, but I, as someone who had 12
worlds running off his server should have been told something dont you
think??? You would want that same respect to, I am sure of.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 16, 2003, 10:59pm
Yes and we tried numorous things, emails, telegrams since October 15th and
no replies.
This was done as a last resort, its November 15, a month later. I think I
was more than patient waiting 30 days before I posted this as a last resort.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 16, 2003, 11:01pm
Read my reply to jstone, it answer your question.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

john

Nov 17, 2003, 9:32am
Good 1 Mark :-)

~John

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Nov 17, 2003, 10:24pm
even so, it could be that he has been away from his computer this entire
time, and hasn't checked his messages or read the newsgroups, if he hasn't
read his e-mail, odds are that he hasn't read the ng's either. In which
case, by the time he does read them, there will probably be so many messages
that he'll blanket mark them all read and not read them, including ng
messages... so really, it's best to not post this sort of thing on here in
either case. And, generally, if you are having someone host your world,
especially if it needs to be up all the time, and is fairly important to
you, not just a little private world, but one that a lot of people depend
on, I would generally ask for a way to get ahold of him in RL, in case, say,
his computer dies, or his ISP is cut off for a prolonged period of time and
he cannt get to a computer. You could have made regular terrain, object, and
world setting propdumps regularly while the worlds were still up, and that
would have prevented all this :-) Grant it, if he has read your messages, it
would be polite to respond to them, but who knows? I don't know what his
situation is, and I suppose neither do many other people, but one thing we
should probably do, is not blast his unknown situation all over the worlds,
because we don't know it :-)

So, in essence, a situation like this is preventable at best, and at worst,
shouldn't be posted for everyone to look at, since it has absolutely nothing
to do with the general AW public, and only has to do with your own private
affairs...

jstone2004

Nov 17, 2003, 10:25pm
3 weeks doesn't equal 30 days or one month o.0, or maybe I'm just that bad
at math

tag sva

Nov 18, 2003, 12:28am
Seeing as I have not seen Tengel in AW for some time now ( a few weeks ) i
would assume he is still having ISP issues and if that is the case it is
pointless posting a message in these news groups as he wont be able to veiw
it.

It is the responsibillity of the world Owners to make regular backups of
their worlds, i backup the world i am mostly involved with everyday and
sometimes twice a day if significant changes have been made.

alphabit phalpha

Dec 7, 2003, 6:51pm
Well I am personally glad these posts were made:)
I am very concerned about Tengel after hearing all of the above.
Tengel graciously made a fantastic calendar for the Cys and then it went
down.
I have not been able to reach him either...this concerns me greatly.
Does anyone have a way of making sure he is ok?
Thanks,
Bit

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> wrote in news:3fd392e1$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well I am personally glad these posts were made:)
> I am very concerned about Tengel after hearing all of the above.
> Tengel graciously made a fantastic calendar for the Cys and then it went
> down.
> I have not been able to reach him either...this concerns me greatly.
> Does anyone have a way of making sure he is ok?

It seems he's okay, he's been fixing a couple of things in Pata over the
last few weeks.

KAH

alphabit phalpha

Dec 8, 2003, 6:24pm
Ahhhh...thank you...glad to know he's ok.
Thanks!
Bit:)