Tourist building in Alphaworld (Community)

Tourist building in Alphaworld // Community

1  |

ferruccio

Nov 13, 2003, 4:28am
Most of the long-time AW users that I know, wanted to subscribe based on the
experience they got building tourist towns in alphaworld. Alphaworld is the
flagship world for AW, why not let tourists experience it to its full
potential?

ronan

Nov 13, 2003, 5:32pm
I DON'T CARE D3WD

[View Quote]

baro

Nov 13, 2003, 5:45pm
awi thinks that if tourists can't build in AW, they have more of a reason to
become a cit. But in reality by letting tourists build in alpha world (not
like we can't spare the room or delete them) it draws in more tourists and
should make even more want to join, it also makes alpha world more active
and alive, encouraging existing users to renew and such. I know many that
haven't due to such reasons.

rossyboy a

Nov 13, 2003, 8:13pm
Let it become official:

A large part of the reason I registered was because I built as a
tourist in AlphaWorld in a combined cit/tourist town. Thankyou.

[View Quote] > awi thinks that if tourists can't build in AW, they have more of a
> reason to become a cit. But in reality by letting tourists build in
> alpha world (not like we can't spare the room or delete them) it
> draws in more tourists and should make even more want to join, it
> also makes alpha world more active and alive, encouraging existing
> users to renew and such. I know many that haven't due to such
> reasons.

ferruccio

Nov 14, 2003, 2:33am
also, have you noticed that once tourist towns stopped in Alphaworld, Active
worlds started plummeting? It was more than just the prices that caused
this. Anyone nowadays has to make a $70 bet wondering what it's like to
build in alphaworld, but many people don't take that bet because they don't
know what it's really like. I bet AWI could get a lot more people to
subscribe if they just let potential customers build in alphaworld.

weizer

Nov 14, 2003, 2:39am
I agree with that. Building in AW also convinced me to buy a citizenship.

-Weizer

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fb32486$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Most of the long-time AW users that I know, wanted to subscribe based on
the
> experience they got building tourist towns in alphaworld. Alphaworld is
the
> flagship world for AW, why not let tourists experience it to its full
> potential?

mrbruce

Nov 14, 2003, 3:30am
Why not just create a new world with all new models all new avatars and all
new GZ that will WOW and inspire the new comers?
That was my intentions when I became a world owner and opened it to the
public. This way you have the old world and the new world and people who
have been here longer can chose AW world or move on to the new world.
MrBruce
MrBruce at a1ct.com

[View Quote]

ferruccio

Nov 14, 2003, 5:16am
because alphaworld has all the history in it, and also, alphaworld is over
63,000 times larger than A!!CT, so it is much easier to make a secluded
tourist town, a town that will last just long enough for the potential
customers to get turned on by the idea of making a small community, so they
would want to subscribe.

sw comit

Nov 14, 2003, 5:42am
SW City started as a tourist town. If Alphaworld didn't allow it we
wouldn't have existed O_o

Might I also mention that not only are Alphaworld users seeing less activity
with higher prices, but we're even loosing features now, which was the
tourists. And I guess you could even say periodic temporary environment
changes are gone too (as I already mentioned in my rant thread that has
boomed into too many conversations to keep up with X_X).

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 14, 2003, 5:46am
True, but I think AW should offer the new comers a whole new setting, AW
world can hold the history and still allow building by us oldtimers and the
new world should be open to tourists and everyone for building.
When I first came to AW in 1998 as a tourist, I was impressed beyond words
that this techknowlogy was possible.
But now I realise, what once wowed me is old techknowlogy.
I have to admit, i was impressed with New AW's models, that was a good
start, but that is all gone now.
I have ideas and goals, but sadly those take alot of money, but if I ever
had even half the land AW world has, you'd be amazed at what I could do.
You are right however about A!!CT's limtations of land available, we have
the path, we have the whole structure needed, we also have builds that are
impossible to make anywhere else....we just do not have the land or the
financial backing to make it work.
MrBruce
MrBruce at a1ct.com
[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Nov 14, 2003, 6:47am
Therein lays the dilemma of all world owners!

LNH

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

Nov 14, 2003, 9:08pm
Uhm.....new objects and avs? That world is called AWGate. Of course, nobody
can build there.

-CMM

[View Quote]

weebo

Nov 14, 2003, 9:34pm
Alot of the old "tourists" builds have been deleted, it would have been nice
for AWHS to have picked up on it and preserved the builds at the community's
request.
Weebo
[View Quote]

ferruccio

Nov 14, 2003, 10:58pm
interesting that you say that. it brings up a good point. AWI seems to want
to preserve AW a little too much, yet they don't take the time to preserve
the tourist builds. I don't think it should have come to this in the first
place. tourists have to continue building in AW, that was one of AW's main
incomes. all they will get now are short-time users, who didn't come to AW
from the alphaworld building experience, but came to AW with the thought to
own a world, but then those people are leaving because AW just doesn't have
enough people to make world-ownership really interesting. the long-time AW
users are the ones that have started out building tourist towns in
alphaworld.