Bingo in America (Community)

Bingo in America // Community

1  2  |

ciena

Nov 18, 2003, 6:56pm
Hello and I would like to make a couple of announcements. We are offering
weekly Bingo in America at 476.85N 474.50E 0.01a 181. Prizes vary. Bingo is
held on Saturdays at 5pm vrt and all are welcome. America has been increased
in size to 500 NSEW. We are open for building and have added thousands of
new objects. At the present the OY is still under construction, but our
object list is available http://www.myactiveworlds.com/~america/ls.php? In
America's gz we have a map available for dl that you can click on and be
transported to the spot you have clicked.
http://www.myactiveworlds.com/~america/map.html Nearly all of America is
open for building, but Canada and Mexico are not constructed yet...before
ppl start nitpicking the map...the scale is quite large and we were unable
to show each and every creek, rock and hill, but for the most part you can
tell where you are.

baro

Nov 18, 2003, 6:58pm
I've been told the snake on he bingo cards represents the US navy (which you
arn't suposed to step on)

light form

Nov 18, 2003, 8:05pm
Its actually "Don't Tread on Me" and started off as a rally flag during the
American Revolution as a patriotic symbol. I don't ever recall seeing it
used in connection with the Navy though, but could be wrong ;)

LF

ciena

Nov 18, 2003, 8:42pm
yes it is the navys
[View Quote]

daphne

Nov 19, 2003, 12:22pm
The rattlesnake symbol was first drawn by Benjamin Franklin... After that
it went through a few changes but I would not say it "belonged" to the Navy
as the Navy was not formed when the "Don't Tread On Me" motto and
rattlesnake device was first used...

http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsden.html

In addition:::: "The First Navy Jack is similar to the Gadsden flag, but the
rattlesnake is uncoiled and it appears on a field of thirteen red-and-white
stripes instead of a yellow background. This flag got a big boost in
popularity last year when the Secretary of the Navy ordered all U.S. Navy
ships to display it for the duration of the War on Terrorism."

http://www.gadsden.info/

[View Quote]

daphne

Nov 19, 2003, 12:31pm
Light Form is correct in saying that the rattlesnake was a patriotic symbol
during the time of the American Revolution... In fact, Benjamin Franklin
drew the first rattlesnake that was published as a plea for unity in
defending the colonies during the French and Indian War. After that there
were many variations of the rattlesnake device.

The flag design that most ppl know as the one that commands Don't Tread On
Me; aka The Gadsden Flag; is not the same one the Navy uses... The popular
flag is a coiled snake on a yellow ground where as the Navy Jack is a
stretched out snake on a red and white ground,
http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsden.html

The Navy flag was an adaptation of an already well-known symbol of
independance and unity.

"The rattlesnake had long been a symbol of resistance to British repressive
acts in Colonial America. Its display on the new jack of the fledging
Continental Navy fit naturally with the fervor of the times."
http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

[View Quote]

ciena

Nov 19, 2003, 4:21pm
the navy adopted it on the war on terrorists
[View Quote]

weyoun

Nov 19, 2003, 6:56pm
Must be nice to get a P-500 from AWI for free huh....
besides no one cares about that boring world anyway
bringing in some goreans with bingo won't change anything,
it is and stays a boring n00bie world
even at gz one can see your overlapping and gaps,
there's overlapping everywhere!
i suggest you go back to awnewbie and learn how to build properly, you're
nothing but a bl00dy n00bie without any manners.

ciena

Nov 19, 2003, 7:33pm
yeah it is nice actually :)) and i didnt build GZ and i dont see overlaps. I
guess u r just jealouse. so bite me!
[View Quote]

baro

Nov 19, 2003, 8:25pm
What??! A conflict over over-laps, I'll settle this!

*opens aw*

Ah ha!

Well, after an investigation I have indeed found that there are severe
overlaps at america's current GZ, but they are limited to the spirograph
like shape at the very centre of GZ. Some basic shift moving combined with
rotating would easily solve this problem. Other than that one area, the
rest of GZ looks fine to me, I have no complaints.

The world DOES seem wastefully large though, for the amount of people that
build there, but it has just opened recently. Awi gave them the world for
free? Well that's up to awi. Perhaps they thought the new america would be
as active and important to the community as the old one so many years ago.
My assesment on the matter is that it is posible, but the world will need to
offer something more creative than plot / free building and the odd bingo
game. There just isn't the demand for this type of world as there was years
ago, the community has many places where plot building and free building can
be done. AW... wildaw... awteen, TheBeans, and a plethora of other public
and semi-public worlds.

What currently seems to be in demand are QUALITY game and "system" worlds.
What I mean by "system" worlds is a world in which builders/players
participate in some sort of system, perhaps an rpg, perhaps a money-based
system, anything more structured than free building. Other than awrpg and
perhaps mutation, there arn't any decent worlds which imploy some sort of
system or set of rules, and those two are mediocre at best and don't even
allow building. Would be nice to see a world as big as America , but doing
something a little more origional than "here are some areas to build...".
Perhaps a money-based building world like newaw was suposed to be, perhaps
an rpg that allows players to shape the world rather than just fish or hunt
for items for hours, perhaps some sort of detailed turn base strategy game,
perhaps an x-com style squad based combat game? There are so many do-able
things in aw that simply don't get done due to lack of resources and
creativity.

linn ironhead@digitalpassage(dot)com

Nov 19, 2003, 8:31pm
well said weyoun and besides that "she" ejects ppl she doesn't like LOL
and who cares LMAO

[View Quote]

number 6

Nov 19, 2003, 9:05pm
So are you saying the America World is now owned by Activeworlds.inc as you
are implying?

[View Quote]

light form

Nov 20, 2003, 4:16am
Such hate, tsk tsk.

I know what would be nice would be you getting a larger vocabulary. All I
see is someone who just learned what a n00b is and can't spell bloody right
in a horrible attempt at leet.
Apparently you care enough about the world to post about it in the first
place.
The great thing about AW is you don't have to go into America, and, in fact,
I'm pretty sure America doesn't want you around. This means, y0u d0nt have
t0 c0me int0 the w0rld America and b0ther us either. Easy, huh.
On another note, the GZ looks damn fine even with the little z-buffering.

LF

mrbruce

Nov 20, 2003, 4:21am
<snip> I
> guess u r just jealouse. so bite me!
<end of snip>
And you call yourself a mature person that's supposed to be better than me?
Give me a break. sad you will never out do me in anything you do, if I was
to run America world for one month youd need to beg AWI for a free user
limit increase.
I could do better with my world if it was not limited in size, perhaps you
all should step aside and let someone who knows what they are doing run
things a bit and if i had what you all got for free the things I could do
for AWI. I still do not see your world out doing A!!CT world, so NO WERE NOT
JEALIOUS!!!
Just a little screwed over that I put money you only dream of into this
program so people like you can criticsize me and get a P-500 for free, go
figure. Some of us know the secrets around here and its sad someone like you
is allowed what you have after the BS you threw in my face over the years.
Trust me we know none of you has the $10,000 to put into this program,
because if you were that well off you'd get yourself a new personality and
an education to know when you've been told off and realise it. So spare us
please!!!
MrBruce
[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 20, 2003, 4:28am
You just dont care to mention A!!CT here but you know maybe if you visted it
and everyone stoped calling it a tourist or kiddie world you might just meet
alot of adults that come here to. Just because they are not all pearched at
GZ saying I'm an over 21 adult does not mean there are not on the outskirts
in thier selfmade communities.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

a1ct builder

Nov 20, 2003, 4:50am
Yeah I remember her, shes the one that thinks she's better then everyone
else......including herself!
Eject happy huh? Trust me, it's the best thing she could ever do for you, so
why complain?!?!
A1CT Builder
A1CTWorld at aol.com
[View Quote]

ciena

Nov 20, 2003, 4:55am
we ban trouble makers
[View Quote]

ciena

Nov 20, 2003, 4:56am
i never ejected. jetta banned her
[View Quote]

ciena

Nov 20, 2003, 4:57am
ty :) well said!
[View Quote]

weyoun

Nov 20, 2003, 5:14am
I agree with you there, your world is high in the list most of the time. But
America is mostly empty and dead!
And it's not only $10000 it would cost, a P-500 is $25000....they get all
this for free and renewed for free every year,
and all you can find there is a bunch of overlapping newbie builds which
they call gz and an incompetent uneducated management.
And no, it's not only the gz circle, every corner has overlaps!

[View Quote]

number 6

Nov 20, 2003, 6:18am
Answer the question please does activeworlds.inc own part or all of Amercia
as you have implied.

You have very clearly indicted a impression of it.

I quote: "Must be nice to get a P-500 from AWI for free huh...."

your response:"yeah it is nice actually :))"

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 20, 2003, 6:37am
she had beeter say YES because I know for a fact her smelly arse would be
lying and lies can ruin AW's image rather quickly!!
I have paid out upwards of over $8000.00 to AWI alone and this poor excuse
of a welfare case gets a free world and has the nerve to step on me with
anti-MrBruce and anti A!!CT crap? Hmmmm? Sorry Ciena your crap has come
around to bite you in the booboo, told you long ago, what comes around ,
goes around!! You lose and anyone who lies for you to cover it up.
By the way I have all my bank statements from 2001 to present as proof of
all the charges made in the name Activeworlds.com to my credit card as PROOF
of what welfare I didnt get here!!
MrBruce

[View Quote]

mrbruce

Nov 20, 2003, 6:48am
One last thing, ahem.... Jetta Lewis is listed as America World's owner.

weyoun

Nov 20, 2003, 6:52am
Even if AWI "owns" it, she and the others there have not been put there by
AW, it's a private world which they get upgraded and renewed for FREE.

[View Quote]

number 6

Nov 20, 2003, 6:54am
Well I was told America world was partly owned by another Universe and
therefore now runs under there rules. Which is why I was asking the relevant
question. If As the protagonist states AW.INC own/ sponsor this world they
must own another Universe.

[View Quote]

number 6

Nov 20, 2003, 6:57am
Interesting I never was aware AW.inc are giving free upgrades and world
renewals. Can you please give us some details? I'm sure many world owners
would love to know how to get free upgrades and renewals.

[View Quote]

weyoun

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C3AF4B.EB000180

You saw it yourself. Her admitting it is one of the details.

[View Quote]
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C3AF4B.EB000180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You saw it yourself. Her admitting it =
is one of the=20
details.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"number 6" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:6 at nonofyourbussiness.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>6 at nonofyourbussiness.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:3fbc78de$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:3fbc78de$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Answer the question please does=20
activeworlds.inc own part or all of Amercia<BR>&gt; as you have =
implied.<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; You have very clearly indicted a impression of =
it.<BR>&gt;=20
<BR><FONT color=3D#ff0000>&gt; I quote: "Must be nice to get a P-500 =
from AWI for=20
free huh...."<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; your response:"yeah it is nice actually=20
:))"<BR></FONT>&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"ciena" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:nikona at comcast.net"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>nikona at comcast.net</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message<BR></FONT><A =
href=3D"news:3fbc65bf at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:3fbc65bf at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...<BR>&gt; ty :) well said!<BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"number 6" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:6 at nonofyourbussiness.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>6 at nonofyourbussiness.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote in=20
message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:3fbc81e4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:3fbc81e4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
Interesting I=20
never was aware AW.inc are giving free upgrades and world<BR>&gt; =
renewals. Can=20
you please give us some details? I'm sure many world owners<BR>&gt; =
would love=20
to know how to get free upgrades and renewals.<BR></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C3AF4B.EB000180--

number 6

------=_NextPart_000_018E_01C3AF43.F7FEB3C0

Very odd, I was told it was partly owned by Dreamlandpark universe.Which =
is why the protagonist was appointed CT
[View Quote] [View Quote]
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_018E_01C3AF43.F7FEB3C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Very odd, I was told it was partly =
owned by=20
Dreamlandpark universe.Which is why the protagonist was appointed=20
CT</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"weyoun" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:Weyoun at 127.0.0.1">Weyoun at 127.0.0.1</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_018E_01C3AF43.F7FEB3C0--

mrbruce

Nov 20, 2003, 7:21am
You call Newfoundland a 'one world' Galaxy server a universe? Its an
equivient of a P-50 world and allows 50 citizens. it costs $1,995.00. Then
we have a world in the AW universe that costs 25,000.00 depending on how may
users it allows and I bet its 100 user mininum. AWI charges $50.00 for every
5 allowed in a world. A!!CT's limit is 25 I paid out $200.00 for that, plus
69.95 for tourist access, plus 1,949.50. Plus I own 9 other worlds all paid
for!
And I am wrong to feel pissed off and ripped off.
Ciena you are a trouble maker and I told you that long ago, you messed with
me and posts regarding decent events held in my worlds and now the dog bites
you in the arse.
MrBruce
[View Quote]

weyoun

Nov 20, 2003, 7:28am
Why would they pay so much for a (dead) world in AW from which they gain
nothing?
They'd rather invest it into upgrading their own universe.
Besides jetta lewis is the owner of America world, not DLP.

[View Quote] [View Quote]