url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------240BC277D9A843794670D979--

tester

Apr 3, 2001, 11:32pm
Insect spray and book with magic spells will complete the list

create picture oct31.de/dyn/info.php

Apr 4, 2001, 8:38am
It was only because of the always returning discussion about the
mysterious and topsecret IP ;)

[View Quote]

Suggestions

Apr 4, 2001, 9:33pm
You can have parts of it, check the Bots newsgroup

Subject: Contact list bot

[View Quote]

Re: You can't even spell

Apr 5, 2001, 4:13am
Maybe Bill Gatez zellz a different Microzoft natural keyboard in UZ
and in UK, that could well be the reazon.

[View Quote]

Talk about a bunch of twitts!

Apr 6, 2001, 5:37pm
Hi, I'm Haegar The Horrible - I came to vandalize, could you please
tell me where I can do that without disturbing?

or

Hi, I'm Eep The Troll, I came to bash some newbies, could you please
send me some innocent people that I could use for that?

Like that you mean?

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 10:51am
Just for the browser :

No relevant registry entries, the only thing I could imagine is that
your internet explorer is damaged or its setup is wrong. Check for a
not existing proxy entry in IE - for example. If IE has trouble AW
will have trouble too.

Or Zone Alarm, something like that?

[View Quote]

E-mail address

Apr 7, 2001, 7:56pm
yv Y coult only recall where dhe keiz were bevore

Zdubit ytea :[

AWJBell News is Back!

Apr 9, 2001, 11:49pm
news, www, xyz or nothing at all - just names. The news server can run
independant from the name, it just has to listen on the NNTP port -
and even that can be changed.

[View Quote]

Possible mem leak?

Apr 10, 2001, 8:07pm
[View Quote] [...]

Help

Apr 11, 2001, 8:48am
The people who had you in your contact list as Leaf have you there now
with your new name, the contact list is based on the citizen numbers,
not the names.
So he will not receive telegrams that were for you if they are sent
through the contact list.

Just if someone sends a telegram and writes in your former (*grin*)
name to the receipient field it will go to him.

[View Quote]

Help

Apr 11, 2001, 1:45pm
Not necessarily - the exchange between the news server and the
universe server can take some time. I experienced that when I changed
my password, it took some time till the new password arrived here.

[View Quote]

Active World's bait and switch operation

Apr 11, 2001, 9:59pm
They both replied to the wrong thread - it wasn't against you.
Check the thread above, that was the one they replied to.

[View Quote]

AWLD glub glub glub...

Apr 13, 2001, 9:00pm
Mighty?

This poor lonesome lowly creature that has no friends except for the
guy in his mirror?

[View Quote]

AWLD glub glub glub...

Apr 13, 2001, 9:32pm
True, like dog doo that sticks to your shoe - but I would never speak
about "the mighty dog doo" *g

[View Quote] > He's still hard to defeat... except with the Filter card...
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a =E9crit dans le message news: 3AD781E7.3E8155=
DC at oct31.de...

What happened to mar's textures?

Apr 13, 2001, 3:45pm
You might find some really old AW browsers using FTP search engines
and I think Mauz has some hidden somewhere too

[View Quote]

advertisement - don't read it if your gonna get pissed, lol

Apr 15, 2001, 5:58pm
Press Ctrl and Z together

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

advertisement - don't read it if your gonna get pissed, lol

Apr 15, 2001, 7:33pm
Undo having read it :
Not pissed anymore ;)

[View Quote]

GorWorld....what is up with this world??

Apr 16, 2001, 11:09am
Not a matters of age, I heard about Gor in AW the first time, I did
not even hear the word before. It is not so very popular in germany. I
don't know where Brandon comes from but the same might apply to him.

[View Quote]

OT : huge list of render engines

Apr 18, 2001, 12:31pm
Maybe someone is interested :
http://www.cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Re: Hare, version 1.1

Apr 19, 2001, 11:30am
19 days delayed delivery?

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Re: Warning about Hare, version 1.1

Apr 21, 2001, 7:24pm
I wonder how many here believed in hare, easter bunny and
santa clause, in politicians and advertizers promises,
in the stork bringing children ...

Re: Warning about Hare, version 1.1

Apr 21, 2001, 8:33pm
your definition clearly declares the coming windows versions
as bombware

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

User created competition??

Apr 23, 2001, 10:51pm
[View Quote] Check out MoonBeam GZ, there are fonts on signs too :)
or have a look at http://www.oct31.f2s.com/fonts/
to see how it can be done

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Bug? Could someone fwd this to beta?

Apr 24, 2001, 10:34pm
I think it would be better if you added informations about your
operating system and browser that you use.

--
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

another count

Apr 27, 2001, 2:59pm
It's not easy to take this from the host statistics :

- many non-US providers have .com, .net and .org
- many people from everywhere install english browsers and not
the often not very good translated ones
- the AW browser doesn't have a country code at all

A very rough guess for the active citizens would be
somewhere between 25% and 35%, but that's off course
activity, not citizenship.

Besides net, com and org, I find quite often no, uk, au,
it, ca, ru, nz, nl, fi and de.
Some other countries do not appear in my stats as it extracts
only the top20 but I looked through it sometimes (curious;)
and found access entries from lots of other places.

But all the countries that you can detect together
are much less than each of the 3-letter TLD's so this
is really very rough.

But off course that isn't only from the AW universe, there
are galaxies and universes in several other countries, from
what I recall at the moment : uk, cc, se, it, at, nl, kr,
tw and de - so it is quite sure that not all connects come
from AW citizens.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Its Here!!!!!!

Apr 27, 2001, 6:11pm
um - did you test it?

There is no tree to the left and by clicking "resource" a second
time you get the whole page in the lower left frame again.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Its Here!!!!!!

Apr 27, 2001, 6:14pm
another hint, if you want to use JavaScript you should check
if it is enabled and have at least a message for this case,
I receive a blank page on your domain root.

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

Its Here!!!!!!

Apr 28, 2001, 9:08am
I prefer server sided stuff. JS can do too many things I
don't want to have, like opening popups, onexit events and
things like that. And too many security holes in JS in the
past, I seldom enable it, only when it's a on site that I
really need to visit.

It's not paranoia, I just don't like web sites to decide
what my browser does. Paranoia comes only into play when a
site works only with IE ;)

[View Quote] --
"_

/\
\ /
__/ /_

1  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  57  |