ananas // User Search

1  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  57  |

O big Problem

Feb 23, 2001, 2:43pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------C376CDC72AE59976E075243C

this bug was already reported

agent fox mulder schrieb:

> Ok i just got this message 1 minute ago,it took it 51 minutes to tell me
>
> Telegram from MavereX, sent 51 minutes ago:
> meet me at mars

> Hey go to news://24.68.170.5
> For over 170 different newsgroups,
> I can add more for you to. such as misc,
> test,Activeworlds,music,sports etc.....
--------------C376CDC72AE59976E075243C

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------C376CDC72AE59976E075243C--

interesting press release...

Feb 25, 2001, 1:37pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9729626853381D199DBB7A7F

Maybe you will like to hear that Clipper is still not really dead.

Few of our customers still sometimes request changes (Y2K, Euro) in
their old Clipper applications (mostly 5.2 and few 87) - the people who
use them all say that they are much faster to handle than any windows
application and (written for 80386) off course run very fast now.
Most are made with a Clipper program generator. The generator itself :
Written in Clipper 87 (Data Dictionary is DBF off course) with few
extensions (C, ASM UDFs) and produces Clipper 5.2 code that links
together with a powerful library (few UDFs ASM and C in it).

And have a look at http://207.178.22.52/lj-issues/issue14/1083.html -
FlagShip is part of at least some Linux distributions.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9729626853381D199DBB7A7F--

interesting press release...

Feb 25, 2001, 4:42pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------48B23C25CBCE50688B6DA33A

:)
The program generator is called BrainStorm, a german one with the
ability to produce foreign language programs. It was never released in
this multilingual version, only one installation of this version exists.
BrainStorm just keeps you from doing the boring stuff like input mask
handling and table display over and over again. All masks, tables and
menus displays have the same look and feel. The application specific
code, has to be written with an editor off course. I never made a large
application with it (others did that) - but most of the generator and
its libraries itself, and believe me, that was really fun.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------48B23C25CBCE50688B6DA33A--

interesting press release...

Mar 4, 2001, 12:05pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9F2B209044721B554487C9E1

Clipper later had a replaceable database driver, could even be linked
with more than one.
It could not handle the multiple fox index files but at least
read/convert databases with memo fields from fox or dbase to clipper -
only this way makes sense although the other way would have worked too
;)

holistic1 schrieb:

> LOL.... true statement... nothing was faster than fox. All of the clones had incompatible
> routines. But then, thats what kept things interesting....:)
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Holistic1

[View Quote] begin:vcard
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9F2B209044721B554487C9E1--

AwStart bugfix

Feb 25, 2001, 5:04am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------258DF304BC6A65E7F94334A1

Some had trouble installing AwStart or could not make it work.

1. There seemed to be a bug in the start routine for the browser. Spaces
(blank characters) in the AW installation directory name could cause
"Failed to start AWorld.exe" although the paths were correct.

2. There is an optional self extracting version now, so unexperienced
users don't need to deal with UnZip or create folder anymore.

So all who want to try again can download the new one from
http://oct31.de/aw/awstart (1.0.1.1)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------258DF304BC6A65E7F94334A1--

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 2:09am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------BCFA9E51C6DDB2EB2C18978B

Welcome to the AW newsgroups, Casay

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------BCFA9E51C6DDB2EB2C18978B--

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 2:48am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------40C487853EDDEEA853314870

You could try to use rwmodeler (http://www.rwmodeler.com) for that, it's
a time limited free beta.
And if you want convert stuff or make avatars or animation sequences for
avatars you will sure need AccuTrans. It's only 20$
(http://www.micromouse.ca - it's the new URL).

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------40C487853EDDEEA853314870--

Ack.

Feb 26, 2001, 10:57am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------7BFA703E47831C346611B7C3

Just a hint and not on topic (I din't use AW3.x) :

Do they write that a .ZIP may not have the extension .JPG ?
The download should still work if you Shift-Click the link or use the
context menu (RMB)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------7BFA703E47831C346611B7C3--

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 26, 2001, 9:45pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A4BB0E2002FED08DF4F29D1D

At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server, not
sure about 3.0 .

So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A4BB0E2002FED08DF4F29D1D--

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 26, 2001, 10:24pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------44B86F308D278F332EEAF466

Most universes and galaxies seem use at least not 3.1, some still 2.2

I cannot see the difference as I use 2.2 build 306 (WinNT4) but a friend
told me she could not go to several places with the 3.1 browser.

foxmccloud schrieb:
> =

> 3.0 requires a 3.0+ universe, 3.1 a 3.1+ universe... But I don't think =
there are still any uniservers out there running 2.2
> universes... or are there?
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a =E9crit dans le message news: 3A9AE806.B2CD24=
3D at oct31.de...
ot

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------44B86F308D278F332EEAF466--

A reason to keep an installed 2.2

Feb 28, 2001, 3:42am
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A9BE4C5B8149E9B1FA893A94

Be careful if you do it like this - you will loose your contact list
entries if you are citizen in both.

The browser removes all entries (by number) that don't exist in the
universe. So make sure you save it and copy the one in place that
belongs to the universe.

I made a program that does that, save the contact list and change the
INI entries : User, password (if it's saved), home location, host and
port. It's on http://oct31.de/aw/awstart

foxmccloud schrieb:
> =

> It's really simple :
> open aworld.ini
> =

> find :
> [universe]
> host=3Dwww.thehost.com
> port=3D5670
> =

> then just replace those lines with the host / port of the universe you'=
re looking for, or add those lines somewhere in the file if
> they aren't there. You can omit the port parameter if it's the default =
port (5670)
> for AW you can just omit those lines (or comment them out by putting a =
' ; ' character in front of them)
> for the cyberbrain french universe, for instance, it would read
> [universe]
> host=3Dwww.cyberbrain.com
> port=3D5670
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "crazy glue il" <crazyglue3 at hotmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message news=
: 3a9c76f7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
ught

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A9BE4C5B8149E9B1FA893A94--

Note how Roland doesn't seem to care anymore...

Feb 28, 2001, 2:45pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B5F5F4D296ECD16B37B708BC

I hope he will, I'm waiting for OpenGL support and I know that I'm not
alone with this

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B5F5F4D296ECD16B37B708BC--

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Feb 28, 2001, 8:13pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------9FEEB912FF1B21663B1A15BC

I don't know if you hear rock music maybe you will like this LP/CD :

Ian Hunter You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic

;)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------9FEEB912FF1B21663B1A15BC--

ActiveWorlds IRC. Does it exist?

Mar 4, 2001, 4:36pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6

maybe one of them a bot with more than one instances? (e.g. birdbot)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B38E15E4C3AF501047C6C6B6--

3rd abuse report : [Fwd: Re: HELP!OFF TOPIC]

Mar 4, 2001, 7:45pm
3rd time I report this user now, your "appropriate action(s)" against
the "offending user" don't seem to work very well. Please try again ...

Volker Hatzenberger

Referenzen: <3aa2b069 at server1.Activeworlds.com>
<3aa2b447 at server1.Activeworlds.com>

Im not 8 im 13------Geocities,Cybertown,SHAW at HOME HOME
PAE,Activeworlds.com
Bad stuff NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey go to news://24.68.170.5
For over 170 different newsgroups,
I can add more for you to. such as misc,
test,Activeworlds,music,sports etc.....
[View Quote]

3rd abuse report : [Fwd: Re: HELP!OFF TOPIC]

Mar 5, 2001, 6:10pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------FDD8D4AD2723E3E48D71512C

He really asked me (telegram) WHY I reported him - he still doesn't see
the point

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FDD8D4AD2723E3E48D71512C--

Egypt Y2000

Mar 7, 2001, 5:56pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------2D648F4F7128FE1AE4A9B8BC

if XelaG's hint doesn't help :

An object can only accept texture commands when it has UV values behind
the Vertex lines. You could check your object and add them if necessary.
The roof04mh I downloaded from AW has UV values.

Or copy this text to a new RWX text file, zip and upload it :

ModelBegin
Surface .5 .3 0
Color .63 .58 .48
ClumpBegin
Vertex -.25 0 -.5 uv 5 2.5
Vertex -.25 0 .5 uv 0 2.5
Vertex .25 .5 .5 uv 0 0
Vertex .25 .5 -.5 uv 5 0
texturemode lit foreshorten
texture siding
quad 1 2 3 4
texture null
quad 4 3 2 1
ClumpEnd
ModelEnd

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------2D648F4F7128FE1AE4A9B8BC--

Re: Streaming Music Option...

Mar 7, 2001, 9:15pm
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------58791DF092387F98BE2ECD2B

yes *g

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------58791DF092387F98BE2ECD2B--

I still need HELP!

--------------D6A6C53F61E2844D4D1A0613

Is there still only the restriction that new OEM versions may only be
sold with new hardware?

I assembled my other PC myself and felt very much like an OEM - I bought
'95 OEM together with new hardware (a mousepad).

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------D6A6C53F61E2844D4D1A0613--

NewYork's 2nd Anniversary

--------------A42FC0E2C0767EE2C4379315

I know that this doesn't help in this case - too late - but I think
clear agreements should be made between object designers and world
owners, preserving the copyright and declaring the ownership.

For free objects this could be something like :

Everything you download from this page can be used in any
universe/galaxy/world without an individual agreement. By downloading
you become owner of the files. Feel free to give the files to others but
do not sell them, include them in collections that are sold or claim
them your work.

(I added this to my page after the trouble between NY and BW came up
last time)

For custom made objects it sure has to be different - but there should
be a clear agreement.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A42FC0E2C0767EE2C4379315--

NewYork's 2nd Anniversary

--------------027CAF5298DDA97765862A7B

Different view could be (and that doesn't touch your copyright) :

3 - You uploaded the files to her server, and if no other explicite
agreement existed, that can be seen as a donation. As you kept your
copyright you did not loose anything but the ownership for this copy of
the objects.

4. would be irrelevant as of 3.

I don't take party although I tend to see it like that, but I'm no
lawyer, and most of us are not I bet. Couldn't you both continue this in
your private mails or telegrams? No one of you will get justification
here, the views are too different and no written agreement exists that
proves who is right and who is wrong.

And once the theme is gone, burry it and don't dig it out over and over
again.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------027CAF5298DDA97765862A7B--

My complaint about the news groups

--------------B53440CA763DE919D20D45ED

.... and still no open newsgroup for tourists :(

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B53440CA763DE919D20D45ED--

Hello NG's

--------------5A6A0A5624C47B73ABA18461

Hi :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------5A6A0A5624C47B73ABA18461--

Countdown!

--------------8C19EDEF8FADD7918589612D

very unusual, a news server running on the nntp port? Really very
unusual.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------8C19EDEF8FADD7918589612D--

Plugins, new idea...

--------------2887B936198E83719432CB7C

Nice idea but huge security risk. As soon as you develop a real plugin,
not just scripting stuff, you have to deal with certifications, trusted
companies, message boxes in the browser asking "may I download this",
plugin version control, restart browser to replace plugin ...

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------2887B936198E83719432CB7C--

Plugins, new idea...

--------------444EFD91F93CF0E9103E7A0B

Any experiences on a Compaq DeskPro 386/16 ?
It has Windows386 on a 130MB ESDI HD, 2MB RAM, an EGA card and a 80387
Coprocessor, I could try to upgrade to WinME - but will AW3.1 work for
me there?

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------444EFD91F93CF0E9103E7A0B--

Plugins, new idea...

--------------FD8A406676C513BE7D1AB28B

Off course I was kidding ;)

But it wasn't a lie, I still have this computer - though it would not
run anymore as some cables are missing that I needed for other PCs. The
Monitor is long gone too off course.
I just keep it to remind me, how stupid I was to buy such a high end PC
when it just came out : it went down from about 14,000 US$ for the whole
system to below 5,000 US$ within few months.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------FD8A406676C513BE7D1AB28B--

Virus warning (no hoax)

--------------814394042356A71EA2F76D02

Today I received 2 EMails from hahaha at sexyfun.net , both containing
TROJ_HYBRIS.B

The originator was definitely c.provan at ntlworld.com - he must be user of
ActiveWorlds or another AW based universe, as he asked me about the
AwStart installation. In the mail header of the two virus mails I could
see that both mails were sent from the same SMTP host as the two mails
he sent with his own account - and at about the same time.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------814394042356A71EA2F76D02--

Virus warning (no hoax)

--------------3B64969B14ABFCB3F87C23C8

ok, thanks - I will warn the sender than :)

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------3B64969B14ABFCB3F87C23C8--

Virus warning (no hoax)

--------------12E854A55F9936317473CB03

It might be old but it seems to spread across AW at the moment. It
didn't infect my PC, I never have scripting enabled and never open
attachements before checking - but I think in this case it's better to
issue the warning.

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard