Note how Roland doesn't seem to care anymore... (Community)

Note how Roland doesn't seem to care anymore... // Community

1  |

eep

Feb 28, 2001, 2:40pm
Well, the AW 3.1 beta is over and note the extreme dropoff point of Roland's posts in the beta newsgroup even though numerous bugs have been posted. I guess he figures AW doesn't need any more work and will yet again implement new features (OpenGL, etc) instead of fixing AW's CURRENT bugs...

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------B5F5F4D296ECD16B37B708BC

I hope he will, I'm waiting for OpenGL support and I know that I'm not
alone with this

eep schrieb:

> Well, the AW 3.1 beta is over and note the extreme dropoff point of Roland's posts in the beta newsgroup even though numerous bugs have been posted. I guess he figures AW doesn't need any more work and will yet again implement new features (OpenGL, etc) instead of fixing AW's CURRENT bugs...
--------------B5F5F4D296ECD16B37B708BC

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------B5F5F4D296ECD16B37B708BC--

facter facter@awsupport

He is on holidays - after a release is about the only time the poor guy ever
gets a chance to do that.

Stop making assumptions Eep, please, until you know what you are talking
about...

--
Fletcher Anderson
Active Worlds Support
support at activeworlds.com

outlaw x

Feb 28, 2001, 5:13pm
Those aren't bugs , It was programmed that ( excuse # 437) .......lol

andras

Feb 28, 2001, 6:16pm
[View Quote] How about a short vacation <probably you have to go too>? Doesn't he deserves it? (He did mentioned it when he released 3.1!)

Andras

captain mad mike

Feb 28, 2001, 10:57pm
What is it with you and roland? first you compare AW to 3d games probably
from companies with 10 million dollar budgets that have hordes of
programmers working normal hours to make it right, to a small business with
probably 10 programmers and a budget of less than $500,000, and now this.
Since you despise AW so much why don't you just leave?

[View Quote]

agent1

Feb 28, 2001, 11:27pm
[View Quote] AW has, at most, 3 programmers.

> Since you despise AW so much why don't you just leave?

I think the reason he stays is because he *doesn't* despise AW, but wants it to live up to its potential.

sw comit

Feb 28, 2001, 11:45pm
lol yup at agent1, about 3...

Though I wish roland would think of SOME way to let the average AW'ian use
move and rotate commands. 3.1 sorta seems like a waste of time they can't
use it.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

eep

Mar 1, 2001, 2:15am
He only JUST went on vacation this week, Facter. The beta was released around 2 weeks ago...

[View Quote] [View Quote]

eep

Mar 1, 2001, 2:28am
First of all, AW doesn't have very many (or all that good) programmers compared to the relatively few startup game developers have (and who actually know something about what they're programming). Even Tomb Raider only has like 3 or 4 programmers and the rest are artists, modellers, producers, TESTERS--in-house and not public beta, etc.

Second, AW doesn't have any real direction. E-commerce has been tried and failed. Virtual education isn't taking off. I've already stated NUMEROUS times where AW's direction should be: gaming. PC Gamer magazine agrees--they even did a blurb about AW in the latest issue. The problem is, Rick and JP STILL (after years of shoving this into their face) have a CLUE about what to do with AW. Can they BE any more clueless? Can they drive their stock any MORE into the dirt (it continues to flirt dangerously close to 0 with each day--last trade is at a pitiful and pathetic $.56)? How long does it take for Rick and JP to get a CLUE as to where AW should be developed and marketed towards? Duhhhhh...I guess it's going to take a bankruptsy or 2 (or 3 or 4) for them to get it--or not.

I don't leave AW because, one, I don't pay for my citizenship (monetarily anyway) and have some worlds to create objects for and build in). I would NOT pay for AW even at it's relatively low price. Second, I see a LOT (a DAMN lot) of potential in AW that is slowly being chipped away at with each new 3D game that's released. The latest being Dungeon Siege and its level editor that makes it even EASIER for people to create 3D environments. Simply read my AW website (http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/) and get a clue about just how lacking AW truly is.

You're new here so I'll give you some leeway, but if you DON'T do the research and DON'T see how AW is YEARS behind the competition, I won't even bother responding to you anymore.

[View Quote] > What is it with you and roland? first you compare AW to 3d games probably
> from companies with 10 million dollar budgets that have hordes of
> programmers working normal hours to make it right, to a small business with
> probably 10 programmers and a budget of less than $500,000, and now this.
> Since you despise AW so much why don't you just leave?

[View Quote]

sw comit

Mar 1, 2001, 5:03am
Hmm If AW did go bankrupt what would happen exactly? Would the database go
dormant if not deleted? Jeeze, maybe if some other company bought AW - now
that would be a god-send, considering that chances are they could run it
better =\

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

moria

Mar 1, 2001, 7:11am
[View Quote] <snip>

Rick and JP STILL (after years of shoving this into their face) have a CLUE
about what to do with AW.

<snip>

finally support from eep:)))))

Moria

wing

Mar 1, 2001, 9:58am
[View Quote] Support? Looks like a mistype.

> Moria

moria

Mar 1, 2001, 10:03am
as eep constantly tells us, he doesn't mistype, just picks up others who do
:))

Moria

[View Quote] >
> Support? Looks like a mistype.

rolu

Mar 1, 2001, 11:13am
[View Quote] No, you don't get it! It was COF! They changed it on the server!

rolu