A reason to keep an installed 2.2 (Community)

A reason to keep an installed 2.2 // Community

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A4BB0E2002FED08DF4F29D1D

At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server, not
sure about 3.0 .

So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy
--------------A4BB0E2002FED08DF4F29D1D

begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A4BB0E2002FED08DF4F29D1D--

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 9:50pm
3.0 requires a 3.0+ universe, 3.1 a 3.1+ universe... But I don't think there are still any uniservers out there running 2.2
universes... or are there?

Fox Mc Cloud

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9AE806.B2CD243D at oct31.de...
> At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server, not
> sure about 3.0 .
>
> So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------44B86F308D278F332EEAF466

Most universes and galaxies seem use at least not 3.1, some still 2.2

I cannot see the difference as I use 2.2 build 306 (WinNT4) but a friend
told me she could not go to several places with the 3.1 browser.

foxmccloud schrieb:
> =

> 3.0 requires a 3.0+ universe, 3.1 a 3.1+ universe... But I don't think =
there are still any uniservers out there running 2.2
> universes... or are there?
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a =E9crit dans le message news: 3A9AE806.B2CD24=
3D at oct31.de...
ot

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------44B86F308D278F332EEAF466--

tony56

Feb 26, 2001, 10:29pm
I can name one: VectorScape (or did they upgrade?)
A *2.1* (yes, 2.1) galax (not uni) is AmeriWorld (gineric.com)

Not all versions of 3.0 need a 3.0+ uni. Any build before AW 3.0 b344
doesn't check the version of the universe server, so it works for those
old unis & galaxies.

[View Quote] Fox Mc Cloud

"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news:
3A9AE806.B2CD243D at oct31.de...
> At least 3.1 seems to require the updated world or universe server,
not
> sure about 3.0 .
>
> So if you visit several universes you should keep a copy

eep

Feb 27, 2001, 2:43am
Obviously AW 3.1 can enter AW3 worlds so that part's incorrect.

[View Quote] > 3.0 requires a 3.0+ universe, 3.1 a 3.1+ universe... But I don't think there are still any uniservers out there running 2.2
> universes... or are there?
>
> "ananas" <vha at oct31.de> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9AE806.B2CD243D at oct31.de...

foxmccloud

Feb 27, 2001, 3:35am
3.1 can enter 3.0 worlds, but it can't enter 3.0 universes... :o(
(I know that because the universe I'm usually in, cyberbrain, has not yet updated to the latest version - they're waiting for AW
support to send them the latest server version, and it seems to take weeks for them to do that... anyway... - and I can't enter it
with 3.1 for now)

But Tony is right, 3.0 could enter 2.2 universes until a certain build, which makes me wonder if it was really necessary to check
for the latest version of the uniserver, or if it was just that Roland wanted to force people to upgrade their uniservers faster...

Fox Mc Cloud

"eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9B2F34.BA43025A at tnlc.com...
> Obviously AW 3.1 can enter AW3 worlds so that part's incorrect.

[View Quote]

eep

Feb 27, 2001, 6:41pm
That wasn't what I was replying to (which you convienently left out of your quote), Fox. Stop being a twit.

[View Quote] > 3.1 can enter 3.0 worlds, but it can't enter 3.0 universes... :o(
> (I know that because the universe I'm usually in, cyberbrain, has not yet updated to the latest version - they're waiting for AW
> support to send them the latest server version, and it seems to take weeks for them to do that... anyway... - and I can't enter it
> with 3.1 for now)
>
> But Tony is right, 3.0 could enter 2.2 universes until a certain build, which makes me wonder if it was really necessary to check
> for the latest version of the uniserver, or if it was just that Roland wanted to force people to upgrade their uniservers faster...
>
> "eep" <eep at tnlc.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3A9B2F34.BA43025A at tnlc.com...

crazy glue il

Feb 28, 2001, 1:56am
Question, how do you enter another uni with one browser? I always thought
that you had to use the browser that you download from their site...

--
We all have atleast ONE crazything in us >:]
~Johnathon a.k.a CrAzY gLuE IL
crazyglue3 at hotmail.com
Idiots are plentiful these days, what would we do without them?
Geniuses are rare, but what would it be like without them?
That's is the question.
[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 28, 2001, 2:14am
get awstart-forgot the url, maybe someone else can help us out with it...

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Feb 28, 2001, 3:17am
It's really simple :
open aworld.ini

find :
[universe]
host=www.thehost.com
port=5670

then just replace those lines with the host / port of the universe you're looking for, or add those lines somewhere in the file if
they aren't there. You can omit the port parameter if it's the default port (5670)
for AW you can just omit those lines (or comment them out by putting a ' ; ' character in front of them)
for the cyberbrain french universe, for instance, it would read
[universe]
host=www.cyberbrain.com
port=5670

Fox Mc Cloud

"crazy glue il" <crazyglue3 at hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9c76f7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Question, how do you enter another uni with one browser? I always thought
> that you had to use the browser that you download from their site...
>
> --
> We all have atleast ONE crazything in us >:]
> ~Johnathon a.k.a CrAzY gLuE IL
> crazyglue3 at hotmail.com
> Idiots are plentiful these days, what would we do without them?
> Geniuses are rare, but what would it be like without them?
> That's is the question.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------A9BE4C5B8149E9B1FA893A94

Be careful if you do it like this - you will loose your contact list
entries if you are citizen in both.

The browser removes all entries (by number) that don't exist in the
universe. So make sure you save it and copy the one in place that
belongs to the universe.

I made a program that does that, save the contact list and change the
INI entries : User, password (if it's saved), home location, host and
port. It's on http://oct31.de/aw/awstart

foxmccloud schrieb:
> =

> It's really simple :
> open aworld.ini
> =

> find :
> [universe]
> host=3Dwww.thehost.com
> port=3D5670
> =

> then just replace those lines with the host / port of the universe you'=
re looking for, or add those lines somewhere in the file if
> they aren't there. You can omit the port parameter if it's the default =
port (5670)
> for AW you can just omit those lines (or comment them out by putting a =
' ; ' character in front of them)
> for the cyberbrain french universe, for instance, it would read
> [universe]
> host=3Dwww.cyberbrain.com
> port=3D5670
> =

> Fox Mc Cloud
> =

> "crazy glue il" <crazyglue3 at hotmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message news=
: 3a9c76f7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
ught

email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------A9BE4C5B8149E9B1FA893A94--

foxmccloud

Feb 28, 2001, 11:56am
That's right... by the way, I wonder why roland wouldn't simply leave the contacts alone if they don't exist instead of deleting
them.... :o(

Fox Mc Cloud