rolu // User Search

1  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  |

Question to all

Feb 14, 2001, 9:00pm
it would suck... but the world owners can do what they want. But if you are
a nice world owner, you wouldn't do something like this.

rolu

[View Quote]

Problem..

Feb 14, 2001, 9:05pm
[View Quote] don't click links

:-)

rolu

Problem..

Feb 15, 2001, 8:07am
[View Quote] If you lack a properly functioning brain, yes...

rolu

Problem..

Feb 15, 2001, 8:08am
[View Quote] What's the matter? Can't handle a bit of humour?

rolu

AWGor Age Restrictions

Feb 17, 2001, 7:18pm
[View Quote] I think rating at X and using a bot to tell everyone who enters something
like "you MUST be 18 years or older to be in this world. If you are younger,
leave now" is enough. If someone stays after this warning, it's their own
problem.

If you want to go for asking, you don't have to ask for someone's age.
Asking if someone is 18 or older is enough. That way nobody has to give
their age away.

What is gor anyway?

rolu

As an aside note *self promo*

Feb 17, 2001, 7:22pm
[View Quote] I read both Vurt and Pollen. These books are weird, but I liked them :-)

rolu

As an aside note *self promo*

Feb 17, 2001, 9:27pm
[View Quote] by the way... *GREAT* song there :-)

the difference between aw 2.2 and 3.1 in Pollen is... well...

**huge**

rolu

We jammin'

Feb 17, 2001, 7:28pm
[View Quote] 175, yeah. And what is the average score people get on that test? 1000 or
so?

rolu

We jammin'

Feb 18, 2001, 8:54pm
An IQ test only really test how good you are at that IQ test.

rolu

[View Quote]

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 4:51pm
[View Quote] your solution has a complexity of N^2... how about an O(N) (linear
complexity) one? :-) I think it's possibe, but might be slightly harder to
make.

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 5:53pm
[View Quote] Correction: you now find it complex. I haven't seen anything I consider far
from "easy" yet. I think this says more about your skill level. And what
exactly did you find "complex"? (hint: you might learn something)

And was this "put everything in random order" indeed your idea of scramble,
as fox thought?

Also, coding time doesn't really matter at all. Often it's best to put in
lots of time, and think about things a bit. Compare "I coded it in under 10
minutes but it's slow and might still contain a few bugs" and "I coded it in
90 mins and is as fast as it can get, and has seen quite a lot of tests".
People who brag at how fast they can code really don't impress me.

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 6:26pm
[View Quote] I don't care whether you care. So what?

> he was braggin not me.. I
> just state the facts bud.. he wanted to say how "cool" he was by making it
> in less than 10 minutes.. what is his point?

Brandon said it was easy. You replied with "You think it was ez?",
implicating you didn't consider it easy. Later on you said you had to use an
OCX, etc. Then fox showed how it could be done in an easy way. The whole
point? You seem to be doing it in a way too complicated way.

> I could have made it in less
> than a minute If I could type that fast..

Yeah, sure. And then 15 mins to debug it?

> I dont see why u tell me I brag
> when clearly I wasn't..

You first say it's complicated, and then that you did it in less than fox's
time. Smells like bragging.

> I said it was complex because it started as a simple
> post to thank everyone who came to the event.. and somehow it got changed
> totally into a contest of who is the best coder..

Well, no, we just asked why you did it in such a complex way, and you didn't
like that.

> I dont really care who is
> better than me..

Don't even try imagining it...

> half the people who program on AW are better than me.. what
> is ur point?

Why doing it the complicated way?

> I just stated simple things and you morons hound me about it..

If you just said what we asked for, instead of trying to evade it every
time, it would be a lot easier for you.

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 26, 2001, 7:56pm
[View Quote] isn't it, then?

> and I told him it wasn't just as
> simple say saying Scramble "text"

Won't make much difference.

> then Fox had to come try to be smart and
> tell me stuff I already knew..

Actually, he just posted his version of "scramble". So what? The more
versions, the better.

> I did the exact same thing he did.. that is
> what an OCX is.. a file that is used with a program, to help it run.. I
made
> a very simple OCX file to scramble the text.. big deal.. and no I made the
> OCX bug free.. you can use it as much as your heart wants and you wont
find
> a bug in it..

Mind to post the source code here?

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 27, 2001, 8:35am
[View Quote] In other words: you are afraid we will be able to find ways to improve it in
such a way you don't get it anymore? Well, fine. Throw away a good chance to
learn something.

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 27, 2001, 8:50am
[View Quote] hm... in pseudo code:

For every element in the string
pick a random element somewhere in the string and swap.

This would operate in the string itself, so it would need no extra memory
(apart from an integer as index and a char as temporary swap storage). Also,
it would have O(n) complexity. So, it should be fast for both very small and
very large strings.

rolu

ScRaM!

Feb 27, 2001, 10:45am
[View Quote] The easy ones are *always* hard to see :-) but just think a bit, and you'll
find them eventually. It wasn't my first idea either.

rolu

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 20, 2001, 9:21am
Megaverse?
Gigaverse?
Teraverse?
Petaverse?
Exaverse?

rolu

[View Quote]

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 20, 2001, 11:26am
[View Quote] So was I.

rolu

[View Quote]

Re: 2 headed Aliens invade Clevland!!

Feb 19, 2001, 7:28pm
[View Quote] uh, pay per mb? where is that? Sounds ancient to pay for both online time
and mb.

rolu

Re: 2 headed Aliens invade Clevland!!

Feb 19, 2001, 7:30pm
[View Quote] The difference between including that stupid pic and the message you reply
to is that the first one is completely useless, and the second one isn't.

> or open a new message and paste the subject in , just a
> suggestion . and when I get up to a Meg let me know , and I'll cut you a
> check for 20¢ , or whatever that is in Eurodollars, my Europeian friend
{8^D

About that.

rolu

New Newsgroup

Feb 20, 2001, 9:11pm
[View Quote] won't be a problem - they are empty anyway.

> And who wants to post in your newsgroup anyway?

nobody, or only a few ppl, I guess.

> Its probably empty
> and going to be forever, now stop posting useless topics and posts in here
> before I REALLY get pissed at you.

Makes sense.

rolu

Newsgroups are popping up like weed

Feb 20, 2001, 1:49pm
170 empty newsgroups you mean?

[View Quote]

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 10:07am
please don't quote the whole bunch if you don't reply to it

rolu

[View Quote] <xnip>

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 10:07am
please don't quote the whole bunch if you don't reply to it (directly that
is)

rolu

[View Quote] <xnip>

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 10:08am
and the remark about not quoting large things when you don't need to applies
to you 2 too :-)

rolu

[View Quote] <xnip>

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 5:57pm
[View Quote] um, no :-) that's a bit too much. In general, you should keep in the parts
of the original post you directly reply to, so others can easily see what
you are responding to, and snip out parts of the message that have nothing
to do with what you are replying to (especially look at earlier quoted stuff
that isn't relevant anymore, and signatures), and parts that are really
large (in that case you can snip out part of it and replace it with <snip>
or something so people can see you edited it). It's all about a balance
between easy readability and size. Snip out too much and it becomes hard to
see the context of the things you write, leave in too much and it becomes
hard to read because of the clutter.

rolu

Good News

Feb 23, 2001, 7:56pm
[View Quote] yup, this is about how it should be. However, try to find out how to
increase your line width - as you can see it is a bit small :-)

Don't be sorry - if you are ready to learn, you can make mistakes.

rolu

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 9:15pm
[View Quote] No l, it looks too much like I. Will confuse people.

Try something else, add an a in front of everything. Or an n. Or something
like that.

rolu

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 21, 2001, 8:12pm
good idea. Just change it and keep a backup, if it turns out to break stuff
you can always put it back if you want.

rolu

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Mar 7, 2001, 8:07pm
[View Quote] And buggy. I can't run aw3+ here on my laptop, since it always crashes. 2
runs fine. I do have hardware support, which works fine for other games.

rolu

1  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  |