ScRaM! (Community)

ScRaM! // Community

1  2  |

lanezeri

Feb 18, 2001, 8:19pm
Since u people aren't really that nice.. no on bothered to show up for the
TTT.. therefore I created a "funner" bot.. It is a simple game.. wont
require too much thinking.. cuz I know a lot of you are too dumb..
http://wt.s5.com/events/scram.html

j b e l l

Feb 18, 2001, 8:34pm
cuz no one knew what it was.. if you want to advertise something at least
explain what it is...and not just what it stands for.

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

imagine

Feb 18, 2001, 9:14pm
Thank you JBELL, I was just about to ask what TTT is, this is the first I
have seen anything about it.
I'm asumeing it has something to do with a bot? lol
Imagine

[View Quote]

crazy glue il

Feb 18, 2001, 10:27pm
And your calling us dumb? What have we ever done to you? A lot of people
like Paintball, not Tag, and there is enough Paintball world, I know of 5,
so we don't need anymore, that's what I think. Stop calling us stupid,
unless your including yourself.

--
We all have atleast ONE crazything in us >:]
~Johnathon a.k.a CrAzY gLuE IL
crazyglue3 at hotmail.com
Idiots are plentiful these days, what would we do without them?
Geniuses are rare, but what would it be like without them?
That's is the question.

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------62A9FBDE258A64B226862E24

Are you sure you replied to the right task?
I cannot see any relation between your posting and the whole rest of the
task.
What do you refer to???

crazy glue il schrieb:

> And your calling us dumb? What have we ever done to you? A lot of people
> like Paintball, not Tag, and there is enough Paintball world, I know of 5,
> so we don't need anymore, that's what I think. Stop calling us stupid,
> unless your including yourself.
>
> --
> We all have atleast ONE crazything in us >:]
> ~Johnathon a.k.a CrAzY gLuE IL
> crazyglue3 at hotmail.com
> Idiots are plentiful these days, what would we do without them?
> Geniuses are rare, but what would it be like without them?
> That's is the question.
[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------62A9FBDE258A64B226862E24--

builderz

Feb 18, 2001, 11:43pm
Lanezeri first posted about TTT in a post titled "Techno Tag Tourny!!!"
on February 13th. TTT was going to be an event held in the world Techho,
but no one showed up for it. It is a bot that Lanezeri made for playing
tag. SCRAM is his NEW idea. More info can be found at
http://wt.s5.com/events/scram.html. It is a sort of trivia game in which
a word is scrambled and you have to unscramble the word. If you
unscramble the word before anyone else, you get points and can win
prizes (or at least that's my understanding). Give Lanezeri a break,
folks. He's trying his best here. He may not always have proper grammar
and spelling, but is chalk full of good ideas and has an ample amount of
free time to carry those ideas out. He may seem like he is of the ranks
of AFM, but he certainly IS NOT. Just give him a chance.

Builderz
Stuff-X
http://www.stuffx.com/aw/

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Feb 18, 2001, 11:50pm
ooh.. i like scrambler.. i'll be there...

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Feb 19, 2001, 12:41am
Thank you all who came to ScRaM!.. seemed like you all had fun.. lol the
world was full.. I will be having another next Saturday so come if you'd
like.. if you cant get in.. use a ChatBot or Xelagot because rights will be
open.. thanks again.. http://wt.s5.com/events/index.html

I must say that it was a fun game! :-))
So all of you that were'nt there, go there next time!

imagine

Feb 19, 2001, 6:31pm
Ok, I see.
Well, I tryed to read the post "Techno Tab Tourny" but when ever I try to
open it my computer crashes. I don't know what that's all about but I
decided not to try to read it after it crashed 3 times. So, that's why I
didn't know what it was.

Imagine

[View Quote]

imagine

Feb 19, 2001, 6:34pm
I think crazy glue was refering to the last line in the original post. :)

>cuz I know a lot of you are too dumb..<
Imagine

[View Quote]

brandon

Feb 21, 2001, 2:58pm
Can i downlaod this? That would be awesome. I know at the site yu can but
PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE let us download. it
PlEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEE...........................

[View Quote]

lanezeri

Feb 21, 2001, 6:55pm
Hmm.. I dunno.. I might take it off my site.. but.. I wont.. its at
http://wt.s5.com/bots/

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

brandon

Feb 25, 2001, 8:35pm
ok like i was saying......i want to the http://wt.s5.com/bots and it showed
the scram link.......then i went there and it showed the rules and commands
but NOT a link to download it.....and you said that is were u couuld
download it.....anyways i'll just try to make a scram bot myslef....should
be easy enough
[View Quote]

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 12:09am
You think it was ez? I had to create a new OCX file to scramble text.. I
dont go download other people's OCX's.. I have one that I use.. IniCon but I
cant make a good one like it so I use it.. I will fix the site problem..
dont get ur panties in a twist.

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 2:11am
sorry, WHY do you need an OCX file? to scramble text? i just can't see
the connection...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a99baea at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> You think it was ez? I had to create a new OCX file to scramble text.. I
> dont go download other people's OCX's.. I have one that I use.. IniCon but
> cant make a good one like it so I use it.. I will fix the site problem..
> dont get ur panties in a twist.

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 3:34pm
Hey bud.. you haven't posted once on how to program so don't questiion my
judgement.. It isn't as simple as just typing
Scramble "This"
It was either make an OCX or go use someone else's.. The connection?
Without that OCX I wouldn't have a way to scramble the text..

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 4:09pm
I wasn't questioning your judgement, I was surprised because I didn't
understand why you said that...
Isn't to scramble just the fact of putting the letters in a random order?
(i'm not an english speaker, sorry)

if it's the case you could do it that way...

void Scramble(char *Word)
{
int posTable[256]; //256 being the Word's max size in that
case
int Length=strlen(Word);
int iMin, iMinPos;
char newWord[256];

srand((unsigned int)time(NULL));
for(int i=0; i<Length; i++)
posTable[i]=rand( ); //returns a random int between 0 and 65535
for(int i=0; i<Length; i++)
{
iMin=65536; //assuming we're in a 32 bit environment
for(int j=0; j<Length; j++)
if(iMin<posTable[j]&&posTable[j] != -1)
{
iMin=posTable[j]
iMinPos=j;
}
newWord[i]=Word[iMinPos];
posTable[iMinPos]= -1;
}
strcpy(Word, newWord);
}

then you could type
Scramble("This");
;o)
of course it's C code but it wouldn't be much harder in VB i guess, i wrote
that in 10 minutes...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3a9a9390 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hey bud.. you haven't posted once on how to program so don't questiion my
> judgement.. It isn't as simple as just typing
> Scramble "This"
> It was either make an OCX or go use someone else's.. The connection?
> Without that OCX I wouldn't have a way to scramble the text..

rolu

Feb 26, 2001, 4:51pm
[View Quote] your solution has a complexity of N^2... how about an O(N) (linear
complexity) one? :-) I think it's possibe, but might be slightly harder to
make.

rolu

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 4:57pm
Well.. this is totally off the subject.. I did my OCX in less than 10
minutes.. dont matter.. I was just stating that.. you had to make it complex
by trying to prove me wrong..

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

rolu

Feb 26, 2001, 5:53pm
[View Quote] Correction: you now find it complex. I haven't seen anything I consider far
from "easy" yet. I think this says more about your skill level. And what
exactly did you find "complex"? (hint: you might learn something)

And was this "put everything in random order" indeed your idea of scramble,
as fox thought?

Also, coding time doesn't really matter at all. Often it's best to put in
lots of time, and think about things a bit. Compare "I coded it in under 10
minutes but it's slow and might still contain a few bugs" and "I coded it in
90 mins and is as fast as it can get, and has seen quite a lot of tests".
People who brag at how fast they can code really don't impress me.

rolu

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 6:09pm
If you dont like people who brag.. I dont care.. he was braggin not me.. I
just state the facts bud.. he wanted to say how "cool" he was by making it
in less than 10 minutes.. what is his point? I could have made it in less
than a minute If I could type that fast.. I dont see why u tell me I brag
when clearly I wasn't.. I said it was complex because it started as a simple
post to thank everyone who came to the event.. and somehow it got changed
totally into a contest of who is the best coder.. I dont really care who is
better than me.. half the people who program on AW are better than me.. what
is ur point? I just stated simple things and you morons hound me about it..

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

rolu

Feb 26, 2001, 6:26pm
[View Quote] I don't care whether you care. So what?

> he was braggin not me.. I
> just state the facts bud.. he wanted to say how "cool" he was by making it
> in less than 10 minutes.. what is his point?

Brandon said it was easy. You replied with "You think it was ez?",
implicating you didn't consider it easy. Later on you said you had to use an
OCX, etc. Then fox showed how it could be done in an easy way. The whole
point? You seem to be doing it in a way too complicated way.

> I could have made it in less
> than a minute If I could type that fast..

Yeah, sure. And then 15 mins to debug it?

> I dont see why u tell me I brag
> when clearly I wasn't..

You first say it's complicated, and then that you did it in less than fox's
time. Smells like bragging.

> I said it was complex because it started as a simple
> post to thank everyone who came to the event.. and somehow it got changed
> totally into a contest of who is the best coder..

Well, no, we just asked why you did it in such a complex way, and you didn't
like that.

> I dont really care who is
> better than me..

Don't even try imagining it...

> half the people who program on AW are better than me.. what
> is ur point?

Why doing it the complicated way?

> I just stated simple things and you morons hound me about it..

If you just said what we asked for, instead of trying to evade it every
time, it would be a lot easier for you.

rolu

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 7:04pm
Brandon said scrambling the text was easy.. and I told him it wasn't just as
simple say saying Scramble "text" then Fox had to come try to be smart and
tell me stuff I already knew.. I did the exact same thing he did.. that is
what an OCX is.. a file that is used with a program, to help it run.. I made
a very simple OCX file to scramble the text.. big deal.. and no I made the
OCX bug free.. you can use it as much as your heart wants and you wont find
a bug in it..

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

rolu

Feb 26, 2001, 7:56pm
[View Quote] isn't it, then?

> and I told him it wasn't just as
> simple say saying Scramble "text"

Won't make much difference.

> then Fox had to come try to be smart and
> tell me stuff I already knew..

Actually, he just posted his version of "scramble". So what? The more
versions, the better.

> I did the exact same thing he did.. that is
> what an OCX is.. a file that is used with a program, to help it run.. I
made
> a very simple OCX file to scramble the text.. big deal.. and no I made the
> OCX bug free.. you can use it as much as your heart wants and you wont
find
> a bug in it..

Mind to post the source code here?

rolu

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 9:05pm
"rolu" <rolu.university at bigfoot.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9aa5b0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> your solution has a complexity of N^2... how about an O(N) (linear
> complexity) one? :-) I think it's possibe, but might be slightly harder to
> make.

yeah it sure is possible, but anyway it wouldn't take much time when used with the kind of words you'd normally use in that kind of
game... there would also be ways of doing it recursively, that would be faster, but maybe less efficient in terms of how well the
letters are scrambled...
for example :

void Scramble(char *Word)
{
if(strlen(Word)==1) return; //to stop the recursion

char Word1[256];
char Word2[256];
char Temp;
int iPos;

//exchange the 1st and last letters
Temp=Word[0];
Word[0]=Word[strlen(Word)-1];
Word[strlen(Word)-1]=Temp;

//cut it at a random position into 2 parts
iPos = rand()%(strlen(Word)-1); //random int between 0 and length-1
memcpy(Word1, Word, iPos);
memcpy(Word2, (Word+iPos+1), strlen(Word)-iPos);
Scramble(Word1);
Scramble(Word2);

//now put it back either in normal or reverse order
if(rand()%2)
{
strcpy(Word, Word1);
strcat(Word, Word2);
}
else
{
strcpy(Word, Word2);
strcat(Word, Word1);
}
}

mmh... don't know how efficient that would be but it should be fast i guess... O(n*log(n)) or something... besides, i find it
easier to understand.
but if you can see a simpler way of doing it fast, be sure to let me know ;o)

Fox Mc Cloud

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 9:13pm
Hey, sorry, I didn't post that to annoy you ! If yours is better, you can post the code, I'm interested :o)
I'm sure your code does it also well since it worked in the game and many people enjoyed it... But I'm someone who likes to learn
and likes to share code etc..., I just find that interesting...
It's not my fault, when you talk about how to make a program, I just start thinking about how to do it in my head, and since I saw a
solution that seemed to make sense, I just posted it here... The forum is here to share ideas, isn't it? So if it doesn't interest
you, maybe it could interest someone else... or maybe someone else would post a better way to do it...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9ac4c4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Brandon said scrambling the text was easy.. and I told him it wasn't just as
> simple say saying Scramble "text" then Fox had to come try to be smart and
> tell me stuff I already knew.. I did the exact same thing he did.. that is
> what an OCX is.. a file that is used with a program, to help it run.. I made
> a very simple OCX file to scramble the text.. big deal.. and no I made the
> OCX bug free.. you can use it as much as your heart wants and you wont find
> a bug in it..

lanezeri

Feb 26, 2001, 9:35pm
I dont have to prove myself to you people.. so no I wont post my code..
because most of you complain about VB code.. so I wont even try to explain
my version..

--
- = [ T e c h n o ] = -
http://wt.s5.com

foxmccloud

Feb 26, 2001, 9:38pm
I didn't ask you to post it to prove you can do it... It was just that I was interested in seeing another way. Do as you wish
anyway...

Fox Mc Cloud

"lanezeri" <lanezeri at free-1.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3a9ae83f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I dont have to prove myself to you people.. so no I wont post my code..
> because most of you complain about VB code.. so I wont even try to explain
> my version..

brandon

Feb 26, 2001, 10:07pm
ok i didnt mean to cuase such an argument (i actually didnt start it ) but i
was just stating that there was no link o download scram bot....today i went
on and it and clicked cram....the header red "cally" and said it was
cally.....then i clciked the downoad button and it downloaded scram.zip....i
installed it it said it usues this OWx (or whatevr )file and of course it
abvously didnt come with that b/c it didnt work....the program showed up but
had an error
i just asked for it so i wouldnt have to go through all the trouble making
one....you could include the file it needs and i would be happy or you could
just leave it the way it is and i would be mad but i wouldnt post here
anymore becuase its useless with you and you have to make a big deal out of
everything....