What Do You Call the Universes Collectively? (Community)

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively? // Community

1  |

percipient

Feb 18, 2001, 9:05pm
I have an Active Worlds -- and related universes -- project I'm working
on, but I'm stumped on one part of the name. What would you call all of the
universes, based on the Active Worlds software, as a whole. I mean, it
sounds pretty lame and uncreative to just call them "the Universes." It
needs something with more kick. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry, I'm not ready to let anyone know just what the project is, at
this point. It's still just in the planning stages. I'm sure most of you
wouldn't do this, but if I gave away my idea too early, someone might grab
it, put up a cheap rendition of my idea, and then lessen the appreciation of
my work.
Anyway, thanks in advance for your ideas and info.
Percipient

eep

Feb 19, 2001, 12:22am
omniverse

[View Quote] > I have an Active Worlds -- and related universes -- project I'm working
> on, but I'm stumped on one part of the name. What would you call all of the
> universes, based on the Active Worlds software, as a whole. I mean, it
> sounds pretty lame and uncreative to just call them "the Universes." It
> needs something with more kick. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
> Sorry, I'm not ready to let anyone know just what the project is, at
> this point. It's still just in the planning stages. I'm sure most of you
> wouldn't do this, but if I gave away my idea too early, someone might grab
> it, put up a cheap rendition of my idea, and then lessen the appreciation of
> my work.

sw comit

Feb 19, 2001, 1:05am
Hmm...Where'd you dig that outa eep?

jeiden

Feb 19, 2001, 1:25am
Actually eep a group of related universes are called a "Multiverse" so for
AW it would be the "Active Worlds Multiverse".

[View Quote]

casay

Feb 19, 2001, 2:32am
Thought they were collectively named Uniservers. I do like Eep's idea
though. ;-)
Casay
[View Quote]

eep

Feb 19, 2001, 3:10am
The dictionary; "omni-" means "all". http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=omni

[View Quote] > Hmm...Where'd you dig that outa eep?

eep

Feb 19, 2001, 3:12am
There is a GROUP of something and then there is ALL of something; hence multiverse vs omniverse--I like the latter.

[View Quote] > Actually eep a group of related universes are called a "Multiverse" so for
> AW it would be the "Active Worlds Multiverse".

[View Quote]

nova n@n.com

Feb 19, 2001, 2:20pm
both sound good real but omniverse does sound a bit better
[View Quote]

anduin lothario

Feb 19, 2001, 2:43pm
[View Quote] Ah, the dictionary. Most useful thing around. lol

andras

Feb 19, 2001, 5:15pm
Eep's selection sounds great to me - Omniverse!!!
Andras

[View Quote]

percipient

Feb 19, 2001, 9:59pm
The general concensus seems to be toward omniverse, so omniverse it
shall be. Thanks for the input -- especially you, eep. Now just gimme a
few weeks, and I'll let you know what this omniverse stuff'll be all about.
Percipient

j b e l l

Feb 19, 2001, 11:36pm
yeah.. i like that word hehe...

--

J B E L L
http://platinum.awjbell.com

[View Quote]

pella marsh

Feb 20, 2001, 3:41am
Colonized Cyberspace

[View Quote] > I have an Active Worlds -- and related universes -- project I'm working
> on, but I'm stumped on one part of the name. What would you call all of the
> universes, based on the Active Worlds software, as a whole. I mean, it
> sounds pretty lame and uncreative to just call them "the Universes." It
> needs something with more kick. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
> Sorry, I'm not ready to let anyone know just what the project is, at
> this point. It's still just in the planning stages. I'm sure most of you
> wouldn't do this, but if I gave away my idea too early, someone might grab
> it, put up a cheap rendition of my idea, and then lessen the appreciation of
> my work.
> Anyway, thanks in advance for your ideas and info.
> Percipient

eep

Feb 20, 2001, 3:45am
Wait...MEGAVERSE! OH GOD SAILOR MOON SAVE US ALL!&%$*(#

eh

[View Quote] > The general concensus seems to be toward omniverse, so omniverse it
> shall be. Thanks for the input -- especially you, eep. Now just gimme a
> few weeks, and I'll let you know what this omniverse stuff'll be all about.

facter

Feb 20, 2001, 4:38am
multiverse ?

F.

[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 20, 2001, 9:21am
Megaverse?
Gigaverse?
Teraverse?
Petaverse?
Exaverse?

rolu

[View Quote]

eep no@1.com

Feb 20, 2001, 11:13am
Again, numerical limits; "omniverse" is ALL universes. In case you couldn't tell, I was being silly about the "megaverse" bit...

[View Quote] > Megaverse?
> Gigaverse?
> Teraverse?
> Petaverse?
> Exaverse?

[View Quote]

rolu

Feb 20, 2001, 11:26am
[View Quote] So was I.

rolu

[View Quote]

myrth

Feb 20, 2001, 11:29am
save our beautiful dreams pegasus!

-Myrth

"I am THE sailor mini-moon"

Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format.
--------------04923E4758592230DC3AAF7B

All universes, not easy to reach this target, maybe start with
Polyverse?

btw. - why must it be ...verse?

Building, Town, World, (did AW forget something here?), Galaxy, Universe
- no parts of words repeated in the next enclosing stage, why not
something different?

Bubbles for example (would refer an old simple model of the universes
embedded in the whateveritscalled) - ok, that does not really sound
great, more like a bubblebath or soda.

Biospheres - at least better than bubbles - would refer all inhabited
places (humans or not)

eep schrieb:

> Again, numerical limits; "omniverse" is ALL universes. In case you couldn't tell, I was being silly about the "megaverse" bit...

[View Quote] begin:vcard
n:Hatzenberger;Volker
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:oct31.de
adr:;;Bornheimer Strasse 15;Bonn;;53111;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:vha at oct31.de
end:vcard

--------------04923E4758592230DC3AAF7B--

eep no@1.com

Feb 20, 2001, 1:32pm
BUT I SAW NO SARCASTIC ALL-CAPS AND/OR SMILEY OH GOD

[View Quote] [View Quote]

eep no@1.com

Feb 20, 2001, 1:33pm
I always did think you looked cute in that little skirt, Myrth. ;P

[View Quote] > save our beautiful dreams pegasus!

> "I am THE sailor mini-moon"

[View Quote]

eep no@1.com

Feb 20, 2001, 1:35pm
Uh, the original question was what to call multiple UNIVERSES, Ananas.

[View Quote] > All universes, not easy to reach this target, maybe start with