anduin lothario // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

AWBot

Jul 9, 2001, 9:42pm
<cough cough> it IS in the bot NG :)

[View Quote]

WHo here dosnt liek Lanezeri?

Aug 2, 2001, 6:45pm
I like him, we've had our differences in the past, but he's still an old
friend...

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

AlphaQuest: The Ultimate RPG Bot?

Jul 10, 2001, 7:33am
[View Quote] Anyone can make an interface, do you even know how to program it yourself?
You then basically say you will be selling it, who will make the money? You,
or the person that actually coded the thing?

Another thing, if you're going to split the money with someone, and you
haven't even started on the actual coding, you gave all the ideas and
features of the bot in your above thread... Will a programmer want to split
the money, or will they want to make their own and get it all to themselves?
Or better yet, supply it to all for free...?

Thank about it 8^D

> The bot will be publicy released however more advanced features of the bot
> will only be available in 1 world...that world depends on who has the most
> cash ;)

Hey everyone, I did the same mistake once, if you can recall me displaying
everything about a new USWF Banking bot <shakes head>, I also did the
mistake of sending XelaG an old script of the bank bot, to see if he could
fix it up for me, no he never did... But instead he made his own version of
the bank bot... Wont be making THAT mistake again....

Sincerely,
Anduin Lothario

AWBot

Jul 9, 2001, 9:42pm
<cough cough> it IS in the bot NG :)

[View Quote]

WHo here dosnt liek Lanezeri?

Aug 2, 2001, 6:45pm
I like him, we've had our differences in the past, but he's still an old
friend...

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com
www.uswf.net
====================
[View Quote]

Eep, Bots should not be intigrated into the browser as plugins.

Aug 6, 2001, 6:26pm
Heyas,

So, no one wants bots to be like plug-ins? It would be interesting, but what
about scripts... Scripts that talk, make you walk around, do actions. This
could come in real handy. Say for example you wish to prepare a speech for a
meeting, you just load the script and off it goes :)

Your script can make your avatar move and do actions as it's doing it, you
can set delays and so forth...

Anyone like that??
I know some online games that allow that....

--
,,,,,
(o o)

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
[View Quote]

Eep, Bots should not be intigrated into the browser as plugins.

Aug 6, 2001, 9:48pm
Hi Grimble,

No, bots can do a lot more than just talk and do gestures. What if we had a
feature that only allowed us to use the scripting for gestures, moving your
avatar and talking. Nothing else...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

[View Quote]

ZeeBot

Aug 14, 2001, 2:38am
> Okay, I made a small, site, where you can download ZeeBot, its still
> beta. So I would aprecate that you would report bugs to me at
> troop2 at empirenet.com
> awzeebot.tripod.com/

I wont report bugs, but I will say that you need to learn to spell and fix
up that site... Also, I'll stick to Preston thanks :) Preston does what
Zeebot can do plus a lot more and has been available for quite some time
now, I find it reliable... Why make a bot that is already available from
someone we all trust and know?

ZeeBot

Aug 14, 2001, 2:56pm
> why didn't we stick with a horse and wagon instead of starting to use
cars?

For your information I would much rather go back in time BEFORE all this
bullshit technology came into invention...

I would much rather a horse and wagon over a car anyday...

Improved Rights Dialog

Jun 28, 2001, 11:21pm
Ok, you can quit making a fool of yourself now :)

Anduin Lothario
--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

roland@activeworlds.com

Aug 2, 2001, 7:12pm
LMAO

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

[3.1 non-beta] bug report

Jul 9, 2001, 1:10am
> I just installed 3.1 , I had 2.2.306 .
> When the incoming chat window displays a new line of chat , the line
deosn't
> scroll up far enough , the text is 50% below the bottom edge

Resize your chat text window silly

New backdrops

Jul 11, 2001, 12:34am
[View Quote] No matter, I think they look great, and I'd still rather use backdrops than
those sky boxes....

World Hosting

Jul 16, 2001, 2:22am
If you read his signature you would see why he wouldn't even NEED to say
anything in the first place...

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

[View Quote]

Complicated browser eh?

Jul 16, 2001, 7:08pm
That's right 8^D

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

if you are tired of AW mony grubing ass

Jul 19, 2001, 4:35am
Ummm, good luck....

--
====================
www.anduin-lothario.com

BBS...

Aug 5, 2001, 7:15pm
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on ActiveWorlds actually has a BBS system which
allows us to telnet to?

If any of you actually KNOW what one is? lol

If you have one, please let me know :D

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

BBS...

Aug 5, 2001, 9:35pm
Heya Wing :)

> This is the closest it gets. Damn man, and people complain that plaintext
posting is in the past.

Some people do, but I don't... I found a whole list of WildCat BBS systems,
but I thought it may be funner logging onto one owned by an AW User.

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

BBS...

Aug 5, 2001, 11:15pm
Thanks John :)

> Not really. I have a general idea of how it works: a program monitors
the
> Telnet port of a system, and communicates via the telnet protocol. Rather
> than using Telnet to browse files on a system, it is used for some kind of
> message board or other. But that is all I know, can anyone help me with
the
> specifics?

Yes, that's basically what it is, although before it never used telnet, it
use to be connection from modem to modem using your phoneline (like calling
an ISP I guess).

Most good BBS's have a message system and a files area, where you can upload
and download files in specific areas, depending on your interests and your
file ratio (if the Sysop "System Operator" has set ratios up). You can also
find online door games like Legend of the Red Dragon, which is a classic.

BBS's require you to log in using your name and password :)

BBS's did die for a while, but now, after almost 5 years, SysOp's are
starting to open up BBS's again, using telnet...

Hope this helped a little...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

BBS...

Aug 6, 2001, 1:32am
Hey again,

> Oh and I remember everything had id.diz or something like that in the
> distribution. Whatever... can you point me to any BBS servers that I can
> try out?

Yep, sure had, file_id.diz, something like that :)
Here's a list of heaps of BBS's, some of them are dead, but you may find
some interesting ones...
http://w3.ime.net/~brogan/page5.html

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

BBS...

Aug 6, 2001, 1:39am
Heya Eep,

Yes, they are old, but they are still loads of fun to be on, it's like small
communities. I find them, personally, better than internet forums and
FTP's... Although Newsgroups aren't so bad, we have our own small community
right here.

Wildcat! WinServer allows you to set up a BBS that works modem to mode,
telnet, active html and the Wildcat! Navigator Client makes it easy for
people to use. So BBS's aren't really all that bad, considering some
software are fully customizable with the internet...

Oh, I think I should give a link to those interested in the WinServer...
http://www.santronics.com/products/WINServer/
That one does cost a bit, but there's thousands of BBS's out there using it,
for internet connectivity...

--
,,,,,
(o o)
--ooO-----Ooo---

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--
http://www.anduin-lothario.com
--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

[View Quote]

Wrongful Suspensions

Aug 13, 2001, 8:12pm
Lanezeri,

> Seems to me as he just started posting here recently.. no newbie huh?

Just because he doesn't post here much doesn't make him a newbie at all,
news.activeworlds.com isn't the only Usenet server out there...

Anduin Lothario

[View Quote]

Wrongful Suspensions

Aug 13, 2001, 9:38pm
Bugger, you caught me red handed :-/
You win, no harm caused....

Anyway, technically it's the same thing, newsgroups... If you can use one,
you can use the other, just different people and different environment...

[View Quote]

My Beliefs (I'm bored)

Aug 14, 2001, 3:30pm
Ok, it's about 3 am in the morning and I can't sleep, so I'm just going to
write down my beliefs and hopefully this will get me back to sleep.

I understand a lot of you Americans out there are going to reply to this
message with all your bible terms, I understand most of you probably go to
church every Sunday morning... Anyway, I don't have any religion, and you
would NEVER see me walking into some church, they were never there at the
beginning, it was never intended for us to 'worship' someone...

Don't question my beliefs though, I'm not trying to get all of you to
understand or agree with me in any of this.

Anyway, to get this started;
I believe in re-incarnation, and I believe in what people so call 'heaven'
happens to be Earth, this is MY thought, and my thought only, at least this
use to be a better place to live in before technology ruined it all for us,
including destroying nature, re-producing to the state that some countries
can't even support its people anymore. Earth itself seems more like hell
because of it, some people don't want to live in it anymore, walking down
the streets and getting their heads kicked in over a t-shirt. We, ruined it
all for ourselves...

Another thing, a brain does not store your knowledge, a brain only stores
memory, and is also used to control the body you happen to be in right now.
This would explain, when you have already lived once and start a new life
that you happen to be smarter than others, because you bring your knowledge
with you in the next life, of course, without you knowing about this
knowledge, it comes back without you really knowing... Why don't you know
this? Because the brain held the 'memory', so you can't 'remember' your past
life and your past knowledge in the new one... If that makes any sense?

This explains the geniuses. However, people like me who have no main
knowledge of anything, besides what I have learnt in-time by experience and
teaching myself are new souls... With so much re-production, there isn't
enough souls to go into the bodies. So... who creates the soul? God?

So where is hell to me? Although Earth is starting to look more and more
like a hell hole, I still enjoy living life to its fullest and am not afraid
of death and to continue on with a new life, until the end of this Earth. I
don't think anything we can do can fix what has become of Earth today...
Anyway, back to this 'hell' subject, to me it's a soul that has been
banished, a soul that does not deserve another chance, one that is to remain
in this 'spirit' form and stay in an area, not able to leave it. This
explains your haunted places, ghosts and spirits that are angry, that move
things around the place, sometimes even try to 'KILL' you or scare you to
death... Why are they angry? Imagine not being able to leave an area, not
able to manipulate and touch things, to communicate and socialize, not able
to take part in life and get somewhere... Yes, that is hell to me...
But what about those normal ghosts, the 'good' ghosts? They don't stay there
for ever, they are lost, they have something to finish before continuing on
with life, something is missing...

Now, this is the part that is most definitely going to get me some flames
and some miss-treating...
I believe in the bible being created to control man, man created it and
spread it to control.
And this part is even worse, but yes, I ripped up my bible to threads 10
years ago...

I don't care what your beliefs are, you keep believing them, I will keep
believing mine :)

But I post this, because this is my true beliefs and I was also bored off my
nut, and had to write something which may start a huge debate...

Faithfully,
Anduin Lothario

My Beliefs (I'm bored)

Aug 15, 2001, 11:35pm
"trekkerx" <troop2 at empirenet.com> wrote in
news:3B7B0497.9A0F193F at empirenet.com:

> Wow, you must really be bord, to find all that.

You don't have to be bored to find things, you just need to be
interested...

--
,,,,,
(o o)

--==[(/ ÅñÐûïÑ LøTHåRïø \)]==--

NG's

Oct 29, 2001, 5:13pm
Kah,

You didn't even know about any charters until your message was replied =
to back in August... That isn't so long ago now is it?

--=20
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

[View Quote]

Universe greeting in general

Nov 1, 2001, 7:42pm
I agree with no spamming in the universal message, but if they were to =
advertise the new client, maybe new pricing's and so forth I would not =
care. For a new AW Client for example, it can make the persons =
experience a lot better...=20

Another thing is, if you purchased your own universe, you too would be =
able to set a universe message, no one has looked at it this way... And =
as a universe owner you would reserve the right to advertise what you =
wish to customers who have purchased worlds from you...
AWCOM owns the AW Universe, they can do what they wish. Although some =
will disagree with some spamming, but it is there sole choice and right!

--=20
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

[View Quote]

Universe greeting in general

Nov 2, 2001, 1:15am
I disagree again...

If you're organising an event, you are ultimately doing something for =
the community. All you need to do is contact AWCOM and they will 'GIVE' =
you free citizenships to give out, if the event is well worth the time!

--=20
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

[View Quote]

Is the Uniserver down? <NT>

Nov 9, 2001, 5:56am
Yes, Win98 here. Haven't been able to log in for a while now...

--=20
(Remove "NOSPAM." from my e-mail to reply!)

[View Quote]

email/NG problem

Nov 19, 2001, 10:17pm
Hi,

> You probably tried to compose the email while the newsgroup window was
> active instead of your Inbox window. You're using Outlook Express, right?

I'm thinking the same thing, posted a 'New Post' whilst viewing newsgroups,
and instead of sending to someone he would have added a Carbon Copy of the
message to the recipient.

So, Xanlar... When you are sending a message from Outlook Express, make sure
you are in your inbox, or at-least, away from the newsgroups.

Hope that was the problem, can't see anything else?

Anduin Lothario
ICQ#:17962714
SMS: +278314217962714

More ways to contact me: