rolu // User Search

1  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  20  |

Over.

Feb 9, 2001, 4:12pm
lol

rolu

[View Quote]

Over.

Feb 9, 2001, 4:18pm
Why don't you shut up yourself. I'm sure he's working on it. If you had
actually read and understanded all the posts in the last 24 hours, you would
see that he cares for the AW community - and just made a mistake. No need to
stir things up again. Now get lost with your half a brain cell.

[View Quote] He's not only for the website, you know.

No you don't.

But try to anyway.

rolu

Did i miss something?

Feb 9, 2001, 12:38pm
[View Quote] Read the posts. It's all in there.

rolu

: applaud:

Feb 9, 2001, 7:42pm
[View Quote] shouldn't that have been your other alter ego?

rolu

ignore, testing...

Feb 10, 2001, 6:37pm
Where did the test ng go? There was one here over a year ago.

rolu

[View Quote]

ignore, testing...

Feb 10, 2001, 7:42pm
[View Quote] That would be messy. And if it didn't work there would still be test
messages. I'd rather have the test ng back.

rolu

> rolu schrieb:

ignore, testing...

Feb 10, 2001, 8:47pm
[View Quote] Oh, shut up. I'm not saying people shouldn't test, on the contrary. But if
you really want to mess with the options on your newsreader you can't do it
here because you can be sure to get into trouble with certain people. We had
a newsgroup for it, where everything could go. I'm just saying it should
come back, so everybody can test as much as they want without trouble.

rolu

ignore, testing...

Feb 11, 2001, 9:41am
[View Quote] I've seen worse.

rolu

Problem with Directx8

Feb 10, 2001, 8:50pm
[View Quote] how comes you think it is dx8 related? A (few) screenshot(s) would help
(but, if you can, don't post them here, instead upload them somewhere and
give links).

rolu

I think that this is something that needs to be discussed.

Feb 11, 2001, 12:10pm
[View Quote] yes, and you can prevent that from happening by not letting those children
know about sex, being gay (or straight or whatever), child porn, pedophiles,
and stuff like that.

rolu

(note for the ones who didn't get it: this was sarcastic)

I'm having problems with the sky

Feb 10, 2001, 11:20pm
[View Quote] A screenshot of this would be nice. If you make one, please do not post it
here (unless it's small) but upload it somewhere and give us a link.

rolu

Homosexuals being ejected from AWLD worlds...

Feb 11, 2001, 9:50pm
[View Quote] Shut up.

Loser.

rolu

The pic of the problem.

Feb 11, 2001, 9:40pm
Looks quite neat actually.

Have you tried deleting your cache? (or at least the awgate part of it)
it seems like the browser is mistaking the width of the background picture
or something like that. It might have downloaded incorrectly. Deleting it
will force a reload.

rolu

[View Quote]

The pic of the problem.

Feb 12, 2001, 9:42am
[View Quote] Might be an issue with your video card. Have you looked for new drivers?
What video card is it?

rolu

The pic of the problem.

Feb 12, 2001, 2:08pm
[View Quote] Were they the newest drivers? Have you checked the website of the
manufacturer? If they were the newest, try installing older drivers. If they
weren't the newest, try installing the newest drivers.

rolu

The pic of the problem.

Feb 13, 2001, 8:30am
[View Quote] If you have problems in general, try talking to the manufacturer of your
card. They know it's ins and outs.

rolu

Aw 3.1 and Graphics Accellerator probs

Feb 11, 2001, 9:45pm
[View Quote] Check the temperatures inside your case, especially those of your vid card.
It might run too hot. Open the case and let a table fan blow at it and see
if it doesn't crash.

See if you have the latest release of directx - it might be an already fixed
bug.

Also take a look at the bios, there might be some performance related
settings there. Try putting them at lower performance/higher reliability.

rolu

Aw 3.1 and Graphics Accellerator probs

Feb 12, 2001, 10:20am
[View Quote] Those IDE cables are very bad for your airflow indeed. If you have a steady
hand, some patience and luck, you can try to cut all cables in the ribbon
apart and bundle them. But you could run into trouble with it (damage the
cable, or get interference). I hope the new serial standard takes off
quickly... tiny data cables are good.

> Tomorrow I will try and see if I can get some wire
> wraps to help tie the wires out of the way of the wind tunnel and I will
see
> if I can get some of the twisted IDE cables. Should I also get a second
> "blow" fan for the back? Also, where can I get a ventillation device for
> the PCI slots in the back? The Graphics card has a fan on the chip but
THAT
> obviously isn't doing much good.

Try a table fan :-) Blows into the case sideways and cools almost
everything. Very good emergency solution. Wouldn't recommend it on the
longer run though, too much dust.

rolu

Aw 3.1 and Graphics Accellerator probs

Feb 13, 2001, 8:43am
[View Quote] Checked your bios settings?

Also, you run windows 2000. I assume you have an AGP video card. AMD has
some drivers for win2000/agp, try installing them. See here:
http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon-duron/amd_win2k_patch.html

rolu

*sigh*

Feb 11, 2001, 9:45pm
[View Quote] clean it :-)

rolu

*sigh*

Feb 12, 2001, 10:24am
[View Quote] Have you looked at the inside? If you take out the mouse ball, you'll see a
few little cylinders, which press against the ball (if it's in). If there's
dust on them, it won't move correctly. Use a small screwdriver or something
to scrape off all of it, they should be completely clean.

rolu

>=|

Feb 12, 2001, 2:10pm
[View Quote] But which of the two does what now? :-)

rfr=private, facter=AW?

rolu

anyone good at cracking?

Feb 12, 2001, 10:32am
[View Quote] Delete the executable and reinstall, that usually works.

rolu

Help desperately needed

Feb 12, 2001, 10:35am
[View Quote] See my other post... the first time I opened a mouse there was so much dust
on the little cylinders I thought it was a layer used to give it more grip.
I cleaned everything but the cylinders, and it didn't work. Only when I
cleaned everything off the cylinders it worked good again.

Also, be sure to have a good mouse pad. Try out several of them, and also
several other surfaces. See what works best.

rolu

NEWS FLASH FOR NAPSTER USERS!

Feb 13, 2001, 12:51pm
http://www.gnutella.wego.com/

rolu

NEWS FLASH FOR NAPSTER USERS!

Feb 13, 2001, 5:21pm
[View Quote] with napigator you can select servers other than the official napster
ones... even if the official napster servers get shut down, those will
probably stay up. For a while at least.

rolu

Poet's Corner

Feb 13, 2001, 9:01pm
nice

rolu

[View Quote]

First impressions

Feb 14, 2001, 9:22am
If only windows would use a decent file system...

there are many filesystems that don't even *need* defragging.

rolu

[View Quote]

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 14, 2001, 8:50pm
[View Quote] Creative? Sucks? huh? Surprises me someone actually would come up with that.
Creative makes very good sound cards for years already. Oh well.. there are
always unhappy people.

rolu

Cow Vac 2000! Warning attachments! Fun with 3.1!

Feb 14, 2001, 8:58pm
[View Quote] if you like stuff like this, take a look at www.joecartoon.com

home of the frog-in-a-blender and the gerbil-in-a-microwave

rolu

1  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  20  |