bitmaster // User Search

1  2  |

(3.1) Move/Rotate Command enhancement (With examples)

Feb 14, 2001, 9:19pm
Well, I wasn't going to mention this until I tested it out more, but
be it a bug or a feature, if you use in combination with the astop
astart commands with a move 0 0 0 name=objectname, on an already in
motion object, it will stop that object at the position it is currently
at during the move when the command is issued. If you leave the area and
lose render of the initial objects starting position it will reappear at
starting position. Or if you restart it with a new move with a value, it
will start from it's starting point. Oh well. :\
I have an example of this in Forbiden in my test area.

Bits

"casay" <casay2 at home.com> wrote ...
: After ByteMe did the complex actions on the jack in the box in
Objectd' we
: decided that there would be a use for rotate- rdone/rstop/rstart and
same
: for moves. Then it was pointed out to me why not an overall generic
stop,
: start, done. I did post it in the beta NG when we thought of it but
it's
: something for the wish list.
: Casay
: "captain mad mike" <cmadmike at crosswinds.net> wrote ...
: > interesting, it may be hard for AWCOM's team of programmers to do so
but
: > interesting.
: >
: >
: > 35850 <!> wrote ...
: > > Well, I've been playing around with the new commands - expecially
: > > move/rotate, which is the topic of most of this message, really.
: > > While the commands in their current form have applications, and,
with
: the
: > > help of some other commands (astart/adone, mostly - as you can see
in
: > > objectd', or even the little looping truck animation I have in
proxima
: > right
: > > now) can be quite useful, I'm hoping that future additions to them
can
: be
: > > made.
: > >
: > > Basically, I'm looking for a way to chain together move/rotate
commands
: > more
: > > efficiently than the current method of astart/adone and multiple
: instances
: > > of the same object. Perhaps some sort of 'wait' or 'then' command
which
: > > would cause the parser to wait before continuing execution
combined with
: > > more move/rotate options (like a 'stop' command which makes the
object
: > halt
: > > at the end of a move before returning - basically infinate wait).
: > >
: > > I'm sure there's a better way to implement that if I really
thought
: about
: > > it, but there needs to be a way to chain move and rotates. Motion
path
: is
: > > also an EXCELLENT idea, which, I'm sure, could be implemented
without
: too
: > > much difficulty (even if simply as a new command, perhaps with its
own
: set
: > > of dividers). In fact, I think I like that idea so much I'm going
: write
: > > up a detailed explaination of how it would work.
: > >
: > > Example: create mpath (move 10 time=2, rotate 10; move 0 0 -10
time=4;
: > > rotate 10 time=4)
: > > Allow me to explain.
: > > The first part, create mpath, is a simple command (on create,
start a
: > motion
: > > path). Inside parenthesis are the details of the mpath - we do
this
: since
: > > it's easier to use the dividers we know and love, comma and
semicolon.
: > The
: > > first part in there, "move10 time=2, rotate 10" causes two things
: > happen
: > > starting at the same time - the object moves 10 meters while
rotating at
: > 10
: > > rpms. It stops moving AND rotating after two seconds. Next we have
"move
: 0
: > > 0 -10 time=4".... which we should all understand. The object moves
10
: > > meters, but in a different direction (NOTE: This is the critical
part...
: > the
: > > object starts moving from where the first movement/rotation left
it! It
: > does
: > > not return to its built origin!). Finally, "rotate 10 time=4",
which is
: > also
: > > self-explainatory. Note how things that happen at the same time
are
: > comma'd,
: > > while each event it separated by a semicolon.
: > >
: > > Basically, that command makes the object move while rotating, then
just
: > > move, then rotate. It might not be the BEST way possible - but
I'll bet
: > > Roland could do it in under an hour, and it'd still be rather easy
for
: > > everyone to use.
: > >
: > > One last piece -- it wouldn't be a terrible idea for the mpath
command
: > > have a "use orientation" switch. That is to say, a simple on/off
option
: > > telling the client if it should move the object just on the world
: coords,
: > or
: > > relative to the actual ANGLE of the object - so that rotating it
effects
: > > what direction it travels in.
: > >
: > > 35850
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
:

Cy Nominations Officially Open!

Jun 24, 2002, 8:26pm
Hi Glitter Kitty and those concerned,

I have been silent up until now. Your ranting of conspiracy is far from
the truth and therefore makes me wonder who should be in question here.
I have heard many things and I will not defend nor will I push out what has
already been done and knowing more about backgrounds than you can ever
imagine, I do believe you are stepping out of bounds.
I am however truly sorry that people cannot trust in those that are
willing to NOT take sides on personal issues that should NOT concern them as
a whole. We cannot play judge in a matter of personal dispute until the
person in question directly shows the Cy Committee that they are not
qualified upon their actions on the Committee. So far I have only seen a
few people that have been directly involved posting in protest against an
individual for reasons that I cannot base a persons expectations in a
position that has already been voted in by the community by those that have
been keeping up with it. If we were to respond to every protest that one
individual or small party has against another individual, we would probably
run out of candidates really quick.
I do appreciate your concerns in this matter and am truly sorry that you
have conflict with one of the judge members, but we cannot base a handful of
people as being the representatives of an entire community. I wish there is
something I could do to make this easier for all parties concerned, but I
cannot find anything in my pocket to remedy this.
I know I have not said anything to change your thoughts, but I do hope
that you understand that I do trust in AlphaBit even if at times she might
get a bit frustrated and respond on a personal level.. I guess she's human
too..
Now here is something I wasn't going to share with you and the rest, but
thought it only fair to you and AlphaBit that I did. She DID ask me for my
thoughts on this subject for she was concerned for the very reasons that has
happened here in the NG's. I basically said, "Oh well. We'll see what
happens. It should be interesting. " With that statement, I merely meant,
what is done is done and we can't let the personal feelings of a few
interfere with the outcome. This doesn't mean we won't keep a watchful eye
though. ;)

Thank you for reading.
Bits

[View Quote]

Cy Awards Nomination Status

Jun 28, 2002, 12:24am
[View Quote] > I would recommend everyone use a public proxy of some kind while web
> browsing or something like the cgi one above ... they provide you with a
> secure surfing environment, prevent the running of http based host scripts
> and a number of other anti-hacker and spyware devices used by webmasters.
> Surfing without a proxy these days is akin to unsafe sex ... that said it
> took the AIDS scare a good 15 years to convince the public safe sex should
> be the rule not the exception.

On behalf of the CyAwards:

If you feel that the event is not up to par to your standards, the
polite way of making a suggestion would be to contact one of the core
members of the Cy Awards with your requests or thoughts so that we might
calmly discuss the matter and have a meeting to determine the value of your
request. If there is something you do not like, then tell us and then it
would also be nice if you could offer a valuable solution that may remedy
the problem. Granted that we can not address every situation to satisfy all
people and will do our best to compromise for the major part of the
Community.
All personal matters must be handled outside of the CyAwards, no matter
what the subject. If the "Community" as a whole has a problem with a
member, then the Community has the chance to vote or not vote for that
member. If your hearts change afterward, then do what you think is right
during the next voting process to make you feel better about it.
If a member of the CyAwards creates a problem within the CyAwards that
is directly against the core or the expectations of a member within, they
will be at the mercy of the core's decisions at that time. ;)

On a personal Note:

Buyer beware:

When dealing with Online business, it is best to do a little homework
before doing any business with them at all...(Common Sense) If you cannot
find the proper information, then you are dealing with a business at your
own risk.
If both parties feel they have to defend themselves within an open NG
forum, then I believe both parties are at fault and should deal with it in
a more professional means other than the NG's. In my definition of Fault, I
mean, both have contributed to these newsgroups and have instantly both lost
my interest in any seriousness of any acts between them. ( Meaning it sounds
to me that they both have lowered to a very personal involvement and this
has nothing to do with me or the CyAwards. (see above)

To Glitter Kitty,

I admire your consistency. :) You certainly have shown you can maintain
your posture in the NG's. I'm taking note of this for when I need a
partner on my side of a debate. We'll try and make it more structured
though and something a bit more important than one person's education and
one person's business ethics, ok? ;)
Personally, I am not happy about the situation, it is a sad thing, but I
have no sympathy for either party on the way they dealt with things. This
will probably be my last thoughts on this for I need to move onto things
that do concern me. Take care.

Sincerely
Bits

we should celebrate...

Sep 19, 2002, 11:58pm
Hey Bit!
And to think.. I thought you were serious all this time. :-)

Oh.. I actually read "most" of the article on the url.

I quote:
"The "smiley face" has since become a staple of online communication,
allowing 12-year-old girls and corporate lawyers alike to punctuate their
messages with a quick symbol that says, "hey, I'm only joking."
Unquote:

Of course.. you leave off the nose, so that might mean your only partly
joking.

BTW: :-)

Bits

PS: I couldn't resist. >Waits for the *Thwack*<

[View Quote]

New Models and Sprites

May 11, 2003, 2:40pm
To Brock:

I have been going to DLP for quite a while now. I have not seen you
there. I do not know what your talking about. I have not seen anything
"corrupt" as you say within the management. Yes, management there may seem
to be different than you expect. The owners enjoy the medium the same as
the users. There are people that come in there and think that things should
be run one way or another and when things don't look just right to them, all
they do is complain and attack. Reading the NG's proves this all by itself
with all kinds of topics. I find the owners of DLP to be.. Hmmm.. What's
the word? Oh yeah. HUMAN
The old saying goes. You can't please all the people all of the time.
You might be wise to not alienate other universes, because most likely you
might be saying something that could cause owners from many worlds and many
universes to look at you and know your not a person they would welcome
because of your off handed accusations based on nothing more than your
opinions or rumors you might have heard. ;)
I agree with Shalimar. Please define exactly what you mean by
"Corrupt". Because if you have any concrete evidence that these gentle
nice people are corrupt, I would really like to know. If you don't want to
say it to the public, I'll be happy to listen to you in email.

To Everyone Else:

I find it really funny that some people have to sneak into other
universes with another alias and don't want people to know they are doing
it. LOL
I am not ashamed to admit that I have friends ALL OVER! :) I like AW and
respect all universe owners that give us the ability to have variety. No
shame in that.

Sincerely
Bits

[View Quote]

New Models and Sprites

May 11, 2003, 3:07pm
LOL
Your secrets safe with me. ;)

[View Quote]

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

May 11, 2003, 2:53pm
Calling my mom now. :)

good job brock

May 12, 2003, 8:44pm
I can tell you why linn.

Start spreading rumors or stretching truth around about me and see what
kind of replies you get. ;) It doesn't take more than 2 brain cells to
figure it out.

I'm not mad at Brock. He at least has an excuse. He's young, he's
learning and someday he might grow into a nice wise adult. If not, oh well,
he'll be just like you then. :(

Sincerely
Bits

[View Quote]

good job brock

May 12, 2003, 11:09pm
Oh great, now you did it! Everyone is going to call me bm now! :P Except
the cool people that is. ;)
[View Quote]

good job brock

May 12, 2003, 11:15pm
At least your paying attention. Hey Bit! See what you started?

[View Quote]

good job brock

May 12, 2003, 11:24pm
Oh yeah.. ok, I'm sorry.. Can I blame senility? :)

[View Quote]

Pizza

Jul 26, 2003, 1:29pm
LOL Now look at the logic.

(1) Post in HTML at 2k
(6) Posts in protest or comment of said 2k post equalling thus far around
10k and most likely to grow.

Looks pretty silly doesn't it?
Just an observation.

Oh, don't forget to complain about the people that reply to a 10k post with
only 1 line like LOL or something leaving the 10k quoted. You HTML bashers
kill me.. *laughs*

Oh, I only added to this because I was hungry and Pizza sounded good. ;)

[View Quote]

Pizza

Aug 6, 2003, 10:38pm
Hmmm.. Seems I need to point something out to you. My post was an
observation.
You obviously skipped over that line. ;)
I think it went like.. oh yeah.. never mind.. there it is.. right under the
"Looks pretty silly.." line.
Actually, you could have put your reply right before the "Looks pretty
silly.." line. ;)

Crackhead? I said "NO" to drugs.

Footnote (1):
Colorful metaphors are not needed within posts that are posted by people
with intellect.

Footnote (2):
By replying to this, you will be demonstrating that your intention is to
add more dribble to this thread that has nothing to do with how the thread
started which would only support my case all the more..

Oh and one more thing.. My pizza is done!! *Shares with anyone that cares
for a piece*
Bits

[View Quote]

*sigh*

Nov 11, 2003, 8:31pm
To Bit,

*Thwack!*

You can stop waiting now. ;)

From Bits

[View Quote]

Re: level editors (was Re: Don't be a jack#@@ Legion)

Jul 1, 2000, 11:36pm
Dear Eep²,

You also have to realize, it's not the person replying to the
message that has a lot of control over how the original text looks all
the time. It's the original sender of the message that has control on
how the message is being broken up. I have set mine to 77 character
width, which is a standard on most all email and news reader display
characteristics. As you can see, the quoted text below is exactly how I
receive it with the exception of the reply line header character I have
chosen to use. So please get off this kick about how people should post
and just accept the fact that not everyone cares about it the way you
do. :) Besides, I'd rather see each line with a character header
anyhow, because the way YOU reply.. How would I know what was quoted
and what is being replied to? Oh wait, duh me, the attacking text is
yours.. LOL

Sincerely Bits

PS: Your nagging seems to contribute to overloaded threads and wasted
band width because of the domino effect that it causes.. Therefore, you
are guilty of useless blah in the news groups (such as this message) and
hereby granted the "Redundant Award" of the year. ;) If you consider
this a flame toward Eep, you are wrong, this was posted out of total
boredom and I just wanted to waste bandwidth, HD space and your time..
:) Oh, and replying to this would be pointless, because it's pretty
much a repeat of a repeat of yet many more repeats of wasted replied to
posts that do nothing more than post for the hell of it.

Actual POST: Happy Holiday's Everyone! :)

"Eep²" wrote
(snipped header info)
[View Quote]

Re: Doesn't matter eep. :)

Jul 3, 2000, 6:43pm
Ha, fooled ya!
You crack me up.
Have a happy 4th. :)
Bits

The Petition's the Thing!

Jul 20, 2000, 11:11pm
I know what job you could apply for, Eep, and possibly get the job!!
How about a job for the WWW as a PR person? :)
(Couldn't help it.. hehehe.. ) Driving through ............
Bits