pc hamster // User Search

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  22  |

Re: Post is Off-Topic... (Was Re: Snagit)

May 6, 2002, 2:06pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Where can I download this program or will I find it merely by going to
Download.com ???

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hasterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/

Re: Post is Off-Topic... (Was Re: Snagit)

May 6, 2002, 2:16pm
Hi everyone (again!):

Leave it to me to ask a question I could've easily answered myself. :-)
Found it on Download.com and will install it as soon as I post this. :-)

*Egg on face for breakfast*

Patrick

[View Quote]

DirectX 8.1

May 17, 2002, 4:03am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] DO **NOT** upgrade to DirectX 8.1 unless you *really do* like reformatting
your HD just to be able to get on ActiveWorlds!!!

I say this because I *tried* it myself on my (admittedly OLD) Pentium 166
w/MMX and not only could I not run my webcam, I *also* could not run AW or
ANY of my games!!!

I've also heard of other people having similar difficulties on MSN's Free
Computer Help Forum too (and they have more modern systems than mine!).

Long and short of it - Don't install DirectX 8.1 until it's out in final
release. Doing so otherwise will only cause more problems than it's really
worth.

Hope this helps..... :-)

> Thanks guys :o)

No problem. I'll send the bill later.... :-) j/k

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

P.S.: The above statement is only a recommendation based on personal
experience. Results may vary. Chedck to see if your system will support
DirectX 8.1 first (some systems or cards do NOT).

DirectX 8.1

May 21, 2002, 12:37am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Obviously you guys failed to note that I mentioned I had tried it on an OLD
Pentium 166 w/MMX and 64MB of RAM. :-)

As a result, it could be that my current system simply cannot handle 8.1,
however I noticed that other people on the MSN computer forum I mentioned as
well as a few MS newsgroups (most of whom were all using more modern
systems) also had similar problems.

That (among a few other reasons I can't think of right now) is why I did not
recommend the upgrade. Hopefully whatever bugs there may have been in the
system have been fixed since I tried 8.1 earlier this year.

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

DirectX 8.1

May 21, 2002, 12:55am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yup!!! I sure did Johnny - And it wasn't fun either! :-(

However though, as I said before, since other people on other
computer-oriented forums were experiencing similar problems with newer
machines, I felt I would be doing people in this NG a misjustice if I had
recommended the upgrade anyway despite the know (at least to me anyways)
flaws OR by not saying anything at all. So hence, I spoke up!! :-)

But glad to see people in here aren't having problems. :-)

Patric k Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

Something i noticed about scale in AW

May 21, 2002, 1:14am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Not entirely accurate...

> this makes say a pp01.rwx object 4 meters high, making the avs 3.5 meters
> tall

If avatars on AlphaWorld are THAT tall, I had better RAISE the new bridges I
just laid down in the City of Hamsterville as the North Pratt Boulevard
bridge at 5077N 235E is 4.0 meters off the ground and only about 2.0 meters
above the two roads which consist of the Riverside Expressway. Don't
believe me?? Take a look for yourselves (OFFENSIVE SIGN POSTING TROLLS NEED
NOT RESPOND!!).

> I dont know about you lot, but i think sum1 skewed up.

Umm....yeah I dun gone think you did Maniac 'cause I can go under the
aforementioned bridge with ease in both directions (East & West). :-)

> I thought the idea of AW (well, one of them at least) was to provide a
> REALISTIC enviroment, well perhaps they should rethink their object scale
> ratio..

This is supposedly coming in 3.3 (I hope!) :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/

Something i noticed about scale in AW

May 21, 2002, 10:35pm
Hi everyone:

pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

AwRadio

May 21, 2002, 1:41am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I don't see anything wrong with his approach Goobs, though he may wanna fix
his link problem as IE and RealOne both think the link he gave, which is
http://pinerivera1ct.d2g.com:8080/ is a WEB PAGE.

Tourist - Can we find your station on SHOUTcast?? (I'm assuming so) If so,
in what genre(s) is it listed under??? The name of the station would also
help. :-)

Just an FYI...Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

P.S.: Perhaps the creation of some banners would also help spread the word
as many of us can sprinkle a few billboards all over our towns too. :-)

AwRadio

May 21, 2002, 1:46am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] That's a good question....

Speaking of AWRadio, a wonderin' thought just came to mind and I figured you
just *might* have the answer to this question....

Does AWRadio have the radio rights for such events as The Cys or is it just
simply a TV thing??? Just curious :-)

Cheers for now everyone... :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/

AwRadio

May 21, 2002, 11:02pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] If the DMCA and other American-originated webcasting/copyright laws have
been adopted in some form in your country, you bet your wallet they can come
after you.

Also, if you use an American-based company (such as Live365) for your
broadcasts, the only way you are protected is if said company like Live365
has a blanket license covering YOUR BROADCAST. However though, depending on
the language in the laws, there is (potentially) NOTHING to prevent the
labels from enforcing the laws of your country and using them to come after
YOU to collect royalties EVEN THOUGH YOU USE AN AMERICAN BASED BROADCAST
HOST.

That is what we're trying to keep from happening (and with today's ruling, a
major battle has been won, but the war is still on!).

Just an FYI....:-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
Program Director - KPDC Internet Radio -
http://www.live365.com/stations/10478
KPDC Internet TV
The **MIGHTY** MusicRadio 102X - http://www.live365.com/stations/96294
The **ALL NEW** MusicRadio 102X Lite -
http://www.live365.com/stations/218455
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://kpdcnetradio.tripod.com/
http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/
http://musicradio102x.tripod.com/
EarthCam TV Channel 133809 - http://tv.earthcam.com/channel.php?id=133809

O_O

May 29, 2002, 5:56am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I have to agree Andy. Besides, there are laws against the public display of
this sort of thing. I believe one of them covers something called AGE
VERIFICATION!!!

That pop up does little (if anything at all) to prevent kids from seeing
your site and in the eyes of the uneducated (when it comes to the Internet)
and uninformed layperson, this could EASILY be construed as a PORN SITE!!!

However, I'll also agree with GBoober that there are now filters and other
"proxyware" on the market nowadays to prevent this, however NOT EVERYONE is
going to be smart enough to think about getting it. The concept hasn't
quite sunk in yet like Anti-Virus software has.

> Crawl back under your bridge and stick to eating billygoats, troll........

Oh so Andy's A TROLL now??? I hardly agree. He just doesn't use very good
judgement in his posts to the newsgroups.

If that makes him a troll to you Johnny, then you're entitled to your
opinion.

Andy, do us ALL a favor and create a seperate sig for the AW newsgroups
PLEASE??? Let's DROP this....

Just my $.02 worth....Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

O_O

May 30, 2002, 1:01am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Okay....the "graphic" is so crudely designed in NNTP I doubt anyone would be
able to make much sense out of it, but you could AT LEAST edit the link to
your website.

Besides, how would you like it if WE started posting links to OUR
websites??? I run many websites, however as per the outcome of the flame
war when everyone was criticizing filmkr for posting a link to HIS website,
it was clear to me that postging such a links to my online radio stations
wasn't smart and a rarely post a link to my online photo album (which
*doesn't* contain any nudity on it).

If you insist on making this an issue, I'm sure I can create a sig that will
make yours look rather small, but yet still VERY MUCH commercial.

Just something to think about.... :-)

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Owner - Pub 102X (An ActiveWorlds 3D Homepage)
Mayor - City of Hamsterville (My AlphaWorld town)
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado

O_O

Jun 4, 2002, 12:07am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yes and he STILL has the link to his website in there to boot... :-(

Patrick

O_O

Jun 4, 2002, 12:13am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] But Chicken.....Babies tend to forget this when they grow up and are no
longer babies, but are still children who are still learning the "Three R's"
though.

That's what Bowen is saying (and I have to agree with him!).

Patrick

If You Have I Test Post, Post it Here

May 29, 2002, 6:00am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I could probably pluck a piece from my shirt, but the problem would be
getting it to him as I don't have his snail mail address. :-) *LOL!*

Patrick

Re: AW 3.3 is here!

Jun 3, 2002, 5:42am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Yeah and I just **LOVE** the faster framerate in software rendering mode in
it too. Haven't had much time to mess with some of the other features, but
I imagine I soon will. :-)

And with the terrain feature, I can NOW make those cloverleafstyle on/off
ramps on the Riverside Expressway in Hamsterville look more natural and not
so jaded like they are on North Pratt Boulevard. It's a good thing I didn't
do the WHOLE EXPRESSWAY that way as that would've been A LOT of work to
enhance. :-) *LOL!*

This is DEFINATELY A MUST upgrade IMHO... :-))))

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick Cook
Owner - Pub 102X
Mayor - City of Hamsterville
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado
http://home.talkcity.com/MinivanAve/patrick32/

Re: AW 3.3 is here!

Jun 4, 2002, 12:21am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] KEWLIES!!!! Then we know AlphaWorld is soon to follow on this.... :-)

TAKE THAT 58751. I just love the fact that Roland is learning from TROLLS
like YOU!!! :-)

GO ROLAND GO!!! :-)

1st A!!CT world map available

Jun 10, 2002, 5:21am
Hello...

[View Quote] I think I just might log in using my Starfleet persona' and beam aboard
sometime if that's okay with ther Captain :-)

Sincerely,

Captain Patrick D. Cook
United Federation of Planets
Deep Space 4
pchamster at msn.com
Denver, Colorado (in 20th Century earth of course :-))

Down with slide detection!

Jun 14, 2002, 2:18am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] And besides Dion, in a Paintball world, I would want that kind of challenge.

On top of that, even BEFORE 3.3 came out, all one had to do to avoid being
hit by a paintball would be to simply FLY through an object. Having said
that, HOW is slide protection any different???

Patrick

WARNING M A T T IS BACK!

Jun 17, 2002, 2:49am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] If this is true, then WE ARE ALL DOOMED because all he has to do is simply
type in the name of ANY cit and get the password (which I give to NO ONE!)
AS WELL AS the cit. no. emailed to him.

It all goes back to what I keep saying about parents, their kids, and their
kids online activities. That is that parents MUST ALWAYS monitor what their
kids do on the Internet (not just take their word for it). Until parents in
this society start becoming more responsible (and taking responsibility for
the actions of their kids in situation where the parents are usually held
accountable), this problem will continue and only GET WORSE.

Just my $.02 worth....Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster

a new AW GZ?

Jun 17, 2002, 2:54am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Well...I for one, think the AW GZ *does* need a new look. I mean how long
has the current GZ been there??? Like YEARS???

Time for a new look IMHO... :-)

Comments anyone??

Cheers for now :-)

PC Hamster

Outer Worlds

Jul 9, 2002, 4:08am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Tell us "John" (assuming that's your name), aside from the price hike, WHY
should we PACK OUR BAGS and MOVE to your universe????

MOVING is bad enough in my REAL life!!! I don't need it in my VIRTUAL life
too!!!!

Patrick

Outer Worlds

Jul 9, 2002, 4:17am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] This would be like asking SHOUTcast to resume listing Live365 stations and
vice-versa. Sorry Ananas, but it ain't gonna happen....

> In this case though, I think it was OK to flame john
> because he didn't advertize for OW, but against AW.

HOW DO YOU FIGURE THIS?!?!?!?

He did BOTH in ONE POST (and now he's got us at our throats again!).

Now don't you feel rather silly because *I* sure as heck do...

Patrick

Outer Worlds

Jul 9, 2002, 4:21am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] What's the matter John??? Ya can't run multiple worlds on OW????

That must be an OWchie. Here, lemme kiss it to make it feel better.
(sarcastic tone)

No...wait a minute....That's Mr. Noll's job... :-)

Patrick

Outer Worlds

Jul 9, 2002, 4:24am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Alphabit, how much ya wanna bet your and/or I could fit the average land
allocation on OW in Hamsterville??? :-) *LOL!*

Patrick

Outer Worlds

Jul 9, 2002, 4:31am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Make that two other additions....

* ActiveWorlds TV
* AW News

A third and fourth could be PEACEKEEPERS and the GARBAGE ELIMINATION TEAM...

Let's see if anyone else can think of any others...

Patrick

Racists!

Jul 16, 2002, 9:25pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] That's what *I'd* like to know as well (aside from the fact it's an avatar).

> Yeah.... I don't get out of AW much...

I know what you mean Chris. Today, I just paid a visit to SW City to get an
idea as to how the signs are aligned on your freeway (ya know, the forest
green ones) as practically all mine seem to *look* good from one angle, yet
from virtually all other angles, they seem a *little* out of whack. Note,
I'm referring to the ones on the Riverside Expressway in Hamsterville.

Never did find the freeway like I did last time I teleported there, so I
just left town once I got to the North part of town and rode my bike all the
way back. Took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours, but it was a most interesting ride
indeed :-).

Fortunately THIS time, I *didn't* have to go through someone's build unless
it was on the road. :-)

LOL

Patrick

Racists!

Jul 16, 2002, 9:37pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Well....I've been up all last night and haven't consumed much caffeine,
however I see nothing "racist" about NOT using the Hubi avatar....

In fact, I think it's kinda cute... :-)

Patrick

Uni WM

Jul 16, 2002, 9:48pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] I *thought* something was kinda strange. No biggie though, but it *is*
kinda weird....

I also noticed that my browser doesn't seem to be displaying all the objects
it should I noticed ground cover was missing where there should have been
some (some of it was mine, some was from other people) and the walls of the
ticket office and snack bar at my Drive In Theater were COMPLETELY
MISSING!!! [Building Inspector saw the objects though and told me as much
on occasion] Though this *could (and most likely *is*) a cache problem and
is probably NOT tied to the uniserver.

This BTW was/is on AlphaWorld (where I'm now sitting at the makeshift City
Hall because I'm too...well....err....umm....tired and lazy to do anything
else right now :-)).

Patrick

2 problems with Direct X 8 mode.

Jul 19, 2002, 5:35am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] It may also be an issue as to whether or not your graphics (or video)
card(s) will even support 8.1 as well. If not, well.....I hope ya have
everything on your system backed up.

Mind you Carl, unless I'm mistaken, BOTH your video card AND your graphics
card MUST be able to *support* (Support being the keyword here) the SAME
latest version of DirectX as they BOTH have to use it. If EITHER of 'em
don't, you *could* have some BIG time problems like the ones you're
experiencing now.

See where I'm headed with this Carl???

Cheers for now everyone :-)

Patrick